• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't think any of the main quartet will have a Gogoat if Alexa's going to be a recurring character because that's enough showcase, right? Same goes for Helioptile, on that note.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I think that's a pretty safe assumption, which I would also assume they won't have a Skiddo and any other members of those two families.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
We-elll... if Helioptile's evolution(s?) turns out to be great and interesting and popular, they might put it on Clemont's team. I doubt Skiddo will be around though because they've already decided that Gogoat is the marketable Pokémon of that family.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I don't think any of the main quartet will have a Gogoat if Alexa's going to be a recurring character because that's enough showcase, right? Same goes for Helioptile, on that note.

I believe , Ash should have a Ride-able Pokemon in his Team.
Even the game promoting it.
That Why I madly want Ash to have a Pyroar instate of Talonflame .
He already have a Badass Fire/Flying type called Charizard and any of his Bird Pokemon can learn ''Heat Wave'' & ''Brave Bird''.
It was already a waste for Ash to catch a Palpitoad considering he has so many ground type pokemon & now he's catching another Frog.
If he was going to catch 10 Pokemon in Unova then I would prefer if he caught a Psychic , Steel & Ghost type instate of another Water , Grass & Ground type .
However If Ash does catch a Talonflame instate of Pyroar due to ''Regional Bird rule'' Then he better catch a Tyrunt as well because he always caught a ''Big Jaw Pokemon'' Or ''T-Rex like Pokemon'' like Tyrunt in every gen .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I believe , Ash should have a Ride-able Pokemon in his Team.
Even the game promoting it.
That Why I madly want Ash to have a Pyroar instate of Talonflame .

We don't even know if Pyroar is ridable in-game.

He already have a Badass Fire/Flying type called Charizard and any of his Bird Pokemon can learn ''Heat Wave'' & ''Brave Bird''.

Or you know, they could have Ash not evolve his Fletchling into a Talonflame to keep its Normal/Flying typing.

It was already a waste for Ash to catch a Palpitoad considering he has so many ground type pokemon & now he's catching another Frog.

3 Ground types isn't considered as too many, and Palpitoad doesn't share the same weaknesses as Torterra, Gliscor, and Gible.

However If Ash does catch a Talonflame instate of Pyroar due to ''Regional Bird rule'' Then he better catch a Tyrunt as well because he always caught a ''Big Jaw Pokemon'' Or ''T-Rex like Pokemon'' like Tyrunt in every gen .

Except for the one rule that Ash will never own a fossil Pokémon, let alone any trainer who isn't a Rock gym leader or a scientist.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Actually, he has a good amount of ground types.

Palpitoad, Krookodile, Torterra, Gible, Donphan, and Gliscor.

I think they could give him a break from ground types though. I think the only reason they let him catch. Palpitoad was because he made one run from Trip.

I don't think they will give Ash a bird that doesn't evolve. All of his bird pokemon he has caught as eventually evolved to its final stage, unless it was caught on its final stage like Noctowl.

And I have to agree, don't get your hopes on Ash getting a fossil pokemon. No trainer that isn't a gym leader or some type of scientist has gotten a fossil pokemon. Though they could possibly still break the line.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
hoooooly crap guys new trailer!

Serena has a Fletchling! That means Ash probably won't have the regional bird! Jenny looks damn fine! Team Rocket's actually getting proper missions! James is responsible for the rampaging Garchomp! Ash is super impressed with Clemont's inventions! Pikachu and Dedenne get along well! And battle together? I wonder whose commands Dedenne takes?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Ugh, the animation this season is so beautiful. I know I probably shouldn't, but I have high hopes for the new season.

The anime junkies at Serebii are having a brawl discussing whether or not that Fletching really is Serena's or not, and that it breaks tradition of Ash always obtaining the regional bird.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ughhh I'm with Shivi here in this season looking so beautiful and amazing. ;v; I also have high hopes for this season and I really hope it doesn't go downhill like Unova did. It started off so well and had potential but nope. Please please please this isn't a repeat of that. Or that the first two episodes are amazing for hype and then everything after that is meh. I would seriously cry.

Meh. People always complain when things break tradition. Such as when the gogglehead tradition was broken in the fifth season of Digimon. I looove Fletchling and would have loved if the tradition was kept but Fletchling does suit Serena more so I'm quite okay with it!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Except for the one rule that Ash will never own a fossil Pokémon, let alone any trainer who isn't a Rock gym leader or a scientist.

About 1 year ago , None of us would believe that anyone from the Main Cast can catch a fully evolve & fully loaded Dragonite . Which Iris did !

Before BW Series , Noone would believe that Ash can lose to a complete rookie 3 time in row after all the development he got from DP .

Before Unova League , Nobody thought writer could make such a pathetic league conference.

Before Battle Frontier , Nobody believe that Ash will someday defect a Legendary Pokemon .

But all this happen , Didn't it !!!
Compare to it , Ash catching a Fossil Pokemon doesn't seen that impossible !!!

Okay , This trailer start to give off the stupid BW Series Vibe.
Team Flare might get Ditch again for Team Rocket .
Those Writer haven't understood yet , They making the same mistake they made in both DP Series & BW Series.
those series needed to focus on the relationship & Chemistry between Ash & Team Rocket.
Jessie , James & Mewoth never meant to be serious Villain .
They are simply meant to be those type of Villain who also seem to have a friendship with the main character . Like Sgt Frog for example.
Kids Anime has 2 type of Villain , Primary Villain & Main Villain .
Primary Villain make regular appearance however they also show a great friendship with Protagonist while fighting against them .
And Main Villain are serious & ruthless Antagonist of the series .
I believe Team Rocket should be ended by now While Jessie , James & Mewoth should become Con-man who use's bizarre idea to get rich only to be spoiled by Ash but yet shows a ''Love & Hate relationship'' with him .

Last edited:
Years

Serena has a Fletchling! That means Ash probably won't have the regional bird! Jenny looks damn fine! Team Rocket's actually getting proper missions! James is responsible for the rampaging Garchomp! Ash is super impressed with Clemont's inventions! Pikachu and Dedenne get along well! And battle together? I wonder whose commands Dedenne takes?

omg that trailer is so amazing!!!

First of all. I think Serena has the Fletchling! (That means that Ash will probably going to use Charizard, if not from the start, maybe before the League.)
Dedenne is so cute!! ♥

Team Rocket seems so badass again. I love it. And looks who's back!!!! Wobbu!!!!!

I love the animation. I hope they keep it up like this. If you notice Dedenne's thunderbolt is kinda pink (because of its Fairy type, I guess)

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I like the idea of Serena having a Fletchling, i never thought Fletchling really fits with Ash anyways, plus this increases the chance of Charizard coming along.

Okay , This trailer start to give off the stupid BW Series Vibe.

I know what you mean, but you can't judge the series on a trailer. Lets just wait until it has actually aired.

Before Unova League , Nobody thought writer could make such a pathetic league conference.

haha, this made me laugh

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
There will probably be more than 1 regional bird evo line, so he will probably still catch a bird if that isn't his.

I don't see how it gives off a BW vibe. It seems completely different. I honestly wouldn't mind if Team Rocket took the place of Team Flare, how ever, I do not think we can completely call that. Team Flare and Team Rocket seem to be linked some way or another. That is just me. Team Rocket should become badasses again, especially if Ash becomes a bit more badass.

What your saying is Team Rocket was never meant to be badasses, but people could say the same about Ash.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Yes, Team Rocket continue to be badasses! They're soooooo much better this way, seriously.

I hope that Wobbuffet doesn't follow their lead. I like the more serious version of TR, but goofy Wobbuffet wouldn't really fit in with them. I don't want serious Wobbuffet, but those two will most likely clash.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What I'm hoping for this series is for them to be a mix between the serious that Giovanni is wanting them to be while conducting missions and perhaps the normal Team Rocket when they aren't told to do any missions. For all we know the rampaging Garchomp is something that went wrong because well... it just seems like something that would happen to our lovely Team Rocket trio. I'm not giving my hopes up, but it would be nice to have a balance of the two because Team Rocket being completely serious was lacking but them doing their own hijinks almost (note the almost) every time got repetitive.

As for giving the BW feeling I kind of see it. But at the same time this trailer is much more action packed than I remember the first two episodes of BW being. Sure there was the whole thing with Zekrom but this I feel is a lot more intense than what BW gave us.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
What I'm hoping for this series is for them to be a mix between the serious that Giovanni is wanting them to be while conducting missions and perhaps the normal Team Rocket when they aren't told to do any missions. For all we know the rampaging Garchomp is something that went wrong because well... it just seems like something that would happen to our lovely Team Rocket trio. I'm not giving my hopes up, but it would be nice to have a balance of the two because Team Rocket being completely serious was lacking but them doing their own hijinks almost (note the almost) every time got repetitive.

As for giving the BW feeling I kind of see it. But at the same time this trailer is much more action packed than I remember the first two episodes of BW being. Sure there was the whole thing with Zekrom but this I feel is a lot more intense than what BW gave us.

About that, I believe the rampaging Garchomp is something that went wrong, because if you look closely, James seemed to actually be aiming for Froakie in the background, but Garchomp got in the way.

Every trailer we get raises my excitement for this series. It looks to be turning out pretty awesome, from the animation, to a slightly more serious tone, to Wobbuffet...

I mean, did you see the scene where the Garchomp rampages through the city? Complete awesomeness!!! :3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

This trailer got me thinking, if Serena does indeed own that Fletchling, then I'm not sure if she's going to use a Fennekin for her team, considering that both Chespin and Froakie do not suit her appearance (only with Ash).

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
she couldve gotten the fletchling after she got her starter but before the garchomp thing happened. she could be talking to someone and he fletchling just flys up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back