• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to adjust the Bag screen after shrinking to 480x320?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
attachment.php

I think the picture and title explain the problem HELP!!!!

Years
attachment.php

I think the picture and title explain the problem HELP!!!!

It explains the problem, but not what caused the problem, and as such no one will be able to help you easily. What did you change? Seemingly the spacing somewhere in the bag scene, and the number of slots displayed at once.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
It explains the problem, but not what caused the problem, and as such no one will be able to help you easily. What did you change? Seemingly the spacing somewhere in the bag scene, and the number of slots displayed at once.

I made my project 480x320 and im resizing and moving everything around to fit acordingly this section in specific has been a pain

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I know where to change the size of the item window but the problem is that after i change it the cursor is off it goes down the list but you cant see the bottom or where the cursor is

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I don't think there is a miraculous way to do it quickly. The only way is to edit the position of the sprites for each screen. Maruno already said this in your other topic:

It's up to you to manually change all the graphics and positions for all the GUIs. There's no one way to do it all - you'll need to do it all separately, and there's far too much to make a guide about. Start by learning how to use Ruby and RGSS.

It took me 3 months of concerted effort to do the opposite of what you want to do. Take from that what you will.

I myself wanted to change the game resolution (to have a 16/9 ratio window) and I finally stopped for now, seeing all the code to change.
It's possible, it just takes lot of time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I don't think there is a miraculous way to do it quickly. The only way is to edit the position of the sprites for each screen. Maruno already said this in your other topic:

I myself wanted to change the game resolution (to have a 16/9 ratio window) and I finally stopped for now, seeing all the code to change.
It's possible, it just takes lot of time.

Ive been doing that the thing is that with the bag screen item window theres something more t it than just resizing and moving

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
How have you resized it?

The list is defined by the following code:

Code:
@sprites["itemwindow"]=Window_PokemonBag.new(@bag,lastpocket,168,-8,314,[COLOR=Red]40+32+ITEMSVISIBLE*32[/COLOR])
The red part is the height of the list window. You should have NOT changed that, but instead changed the value of ITEMSVISIBLE a little further up (originally 7, you'd want about 6).

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
How have you resized it?

The list is defined by the following code:

Code:
@sprites["itemwindow"]=Window_PokemonBag.new(@bag,lastpocket,168,-8,314,[COLOR=Red]40+32+ITEMSVISIBLE*32[/COLOR])
The red part is the height of the list window. You should have NOT changed that, but instead changed the value of ITEMSVISIBLE a little further up (originally 7, you'd want about 6).

so i change *32 to *7 ?

Back