• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Critical capture rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I read the Pokemon Black/White 2 official guide today at a Gamestop and I read and found that the more wild pokemon you capture, the higher your chances are at a critical capture. I never noticed such technique exist!

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, critical capture is great. I have had about ten or twelve of them in white.

Last edited:

#isthenumbersign
Years
I actually got one on the shiny Haxorus at the Nature Preserve. I had already caught like 100 Pokemon at that point though, so my odds were good. x)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I was hoping hatching a ton of eggs would have the same effect, but I guess it doesn't make sense since hatching and catching pokemon are totally different. I like breeding pokemon more than just catching them, though. :'(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Really? I had no idea it was because of the amount you already catch. Now I'll definitely try and catch them all, since I normally go through the game just by catching my team and a few others.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
I tend to capture nearly every poké, if I have enough patience. That's why I loved the Habitat function of the pokédex.

But I guess critical captures didn't change from B/W, right?

Crescend

Breeder
Years
It propably is the same as in BW, I noticed my first critical capture at around 30-40 pokemons caught.

That said, I don't think the critical rate is tied to pokemon caught per say, just the number of (unique) pokemon you've obtained overall, so it includes evolutions, trades and hatching. Otherwise there'd be no way to reach the highest critical rate, for which you need 600 pokemons captured ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
i have had a couple critical captures but not that many since i did a lot of breading so havn't capture that many pokemon

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Critical Capture = floor((255,CatchValue) * Multiplier)

Pokémon Caught Multiplier
600+_____________2.5
450-599___________2
300-449__________1.5
150-299___________1
30-149___________0.5
0-29______________0

Taken from SPP.

I've had about 10 in Black and White 2... weird fact... I had most in Giant Chasm in both games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Sorry, but this thread has been "dead" for tow months. If a thread has not been posted in for over a month it is considered "dead", and is then against our rules to post in it. Please read the rules before making a post within a section.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back