• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Had a quick look through the thread but couldn't find anything about it. Having some random lag problems. I gave johnson the herb so he will give us the boat ride, saved in the house and quit the game. when I start I have no problems in the house but as soon as I go outside everything just has major slowdown which I haven't experience before. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Edit: After the boat ride the lag pretty much goes away apart from the room in Mt Pinnacle? (I'm bad with remembering place names) in the room where you follow the old man to avoid the falling floor.

That's really, really weird. It's actually the first time I've had reports of some serious lag in any part of the game. I'll look further into this. I'm already planning on decreasing the size of some maps in order to reduce the amount of stuff.

On your edit, I would expect that to happen - at least in that room - because there's a huge amount of events there for in case the player falls. I'll look into an alternative to that method to reduce the lag.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
The lag continued really badly on my way at the end of the demo and returning to Catia Port which was really bad. It seemed happy to work normally for battles though. Re-downloaded the game and applied the patches and copied the save over and it worked perfectly, so not really sure what the problem was.

Got the the "end" of the demo and enjoyed what I've played so far and is a pretty good game and interested in seeing how things go with this game. Still got some stuff to go back for though like the Colosseums and that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
lag

I'm also experiencing some severe lag since the 1.5.2 patch.
I'm in Victala city and it's unplayable...I needed around 30seconds to go from kimberly's house to the police station...
it get's A BIT smoother when I enter a house but it is still annoying.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
I just downloaded the newest demo, patched it to 1.5.2 and the game won't let me start up as around the 40 second mark. Is there something I missed or is this just a bug in the new version?

Edit: I downloaded the first version of the game and got through the opening sequence and the game is working now. With the 1.5.2 version

Edit 2: Seems like all of the game is bugged up. I've got massive lag on all maps, and the pokemon battles wont load. Game crashing left and right. I guess my computer isn't up to the challenge of the game. Guess I'll wait till the next release before I start a play through.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
Okay, time for some quick updates!

First and foremost, a great deal of thanks to Midnitez-Remix on deviantART for offering himself to get us a properly laid-out map of Orthan. I'm going to make some additions to the locations on this map, but at least we get something of a better quality to keep:

midnitex_remix___orthranregionmap_by_xalien95-d4sntgw.png

512-1.png

A new event in Nightmare will allow you to get one of the best offensive Fakemon in the game, Decovant; it's a Dark/Ground type which's evolution possesses great Special Attack, so it's useful if you want to go all in and have a free spot in your team.

Given the nature of the Pokémon itself, I decided to include some more easter eggs in additions to the ones we already have (and they aren't few!):

exploring_the_bottom_of_the_we_oops_by_donlawride-d4v31tt.png

To acquire Decovant, you will need to explore the Bottom of the Well of Escale Village, in a fashion which will not be strange to those who have played just about any Zelda title.

Of course, you won't just have to run around collecting Small Keys to unlock doors; there'll be more to the puzzles in this dungeon.

It's completely optional for your quest, so feel free to pass the opportunity when it arises.

I'm aware that the Waterfall tiles aren't the best suited for the place, but at the moment, they are the only properly functional ones we have.

Lastly, a little experiment with additional easter eggs:

I've also updated the main post with any videos and information I might have included in previous posts, including the V1.5.3 beta, which was supposed to have been up for a limited time only.

Now then, to whatever comments I left unanswered:

I just downloaded the newest demo, patched it to 1.5.2 and the game won't let me start up as around the 40 second mark. Is there something I missed or is this just a bug in the new version?

Edit: I downloaded the first version of the game and got through the opening sequence and the game is working now. With the 1.5.2 version

Edit 2: Seems like all of the game is bugged up. I've got massive lag on all maps, and the pokemon battles wont load. Game crashing left and right. I guess my computer isn't up to the challenge of the game. Guess I'll wait till the next release before I start a play through.

That is even weirder, but perhaps it is, indeed, because of the computer itself, since mine sometimes slows down too during gameplay, but apparently shows no trouble in most other people. Terribly sorry for that. Allow me to ask if you've already patched V1.5.3?

I'm also experiencing some severe lag since the 1.5.2 patch.
I'm in Victala city and it's unplayable...I needed around 30seconds to go from kimberly's house to the police station...
it get's A BIT smoother when I enter a house but it is still annoying.

It seems some people managed to get around this by re-downloading and re-patching the game and porting the previous save over; if this doesn't work, try patching 1.5.3 as well. If trouble persists, I'm terribly sorry, and I'll see further into this in future releases. >.<

The lag continued really badly on my way at the end of the demo and returning to Catia Port which was really bad. It seemed happy to work normally for battles though. Re-downloaded the game and applied the patches and copied the save over and it worked perfectly, so not really sure what the problem was.

Got the the "end" of the demo and enjoyed what I've played so far and is a pretty good game and interested in seeing how things go with this game. Still got some stuff to go back for though like the Colosseums and that.

Hm, I'll have to look further into this regardless then. Right now, I can't seem to point out a reason for this to happen, so I can only give my apologies for the inconvenience right now.

Ah, that's great! Have you tried V1.5.3? It has an additional event that takes you to Snowpoint!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 5, 2016
My computer blue screens whenever I replace files on my computer... xD

If you can... Can you in the next version have everything all set and patched?

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Yeah I patched the 1.5.3 version on the front page. The part that confuses me the most is that it will not start up a battle against a wild pokemon.

D. Lawride

Years
My computer blue screens whenever I replace files on my computer... xD

If you can... Can you in the next version have everything all set and patched?

I'm going to release 1.6 as a base (like I did with 1.5), but any subsequent patches will have to be released as that, patches. It's really just a matter of ease for the player to handle the amount of stuff they have to replace. It's also easier to download just 40 Mb instead of the game's massive 100 Mb.

Yeah I patched the 1.5.3 version on the front page. The part that confuses me the most is that it will not start up a battle against a wild pokemon.

It doesn't start a battle? What error appears?

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
It doesn't seem to be giving me any errors, my windows says that the game has stopped running, and needs to close, though the error log doesn't say anything about the crash.

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
I feel like the biggest noob going but I've installed the game and the patch but the computer cannot open the game, it asks which program to use and none of it works. Anyone got any ideas about what the heck I did? 0.o

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
I am receiving very heavy lag in the first town when I start playing. This lag then follows me to the first and second routes, but disappears upon entering houses and battles. I took your advice and tried re-patching multiple times, but to no avail. Are you addressing this in future patches? By the way, I love the care put into this game thus far. Really quality stuff.

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
Yeah, I'm going to have to jump onto this bandwagon of people saying that the framerate is extremely slow, as I'm experiencing the same problems! I have no doubt in my mind that this is awesome, though, and I'd love to continue playing it if I weren't experiencing such depressingly slow lag. :C

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2015
I agree. The lag when I open up the game is pretty unbearable. Hopefully you'll get those issues worked out before the next release. :(

D. Lawride

Years
I feel like the biggest noob going but I've installed the game and the patch but the computer cannot open the game, it asks which program to use and none of it works. Anyone got any ideas about what the heck I did? 0.o

Well that's odd, re you sure you're running the right file to open the game? it's the one with the orange circle, don't forget.

Can you make this game faster because its so slow

I am receiving very heavy lag in the first town when I start playing. This lag then follows me to the first and second routes, but disappears upon entering houses and battles. I took your advice and tried re-patching multiple times, but to no avail. Are you addressing this in future patches? By the way, I love the care put into this game thus far. Really quality stuff.

Yeah, I'm going to have to jump onto this bandwagon of people saying that the framerate is extremely slow, as I'm experiencing the same problems! I have no doubt in my mind that this is awesome, though, and I'd love to continue playing it if I weren't experiencing such depressingly slow lag. :C

I agree. The lag when I open up the game is pretty unbearable. Hopefully you'll get those issues worked out before the next release. :(

extremely sorry about the lag reports recently; with the new release of essentials, I'll upgrade my version and zip into beta testing stages to verify if the lag problem has been addressed. For now, unfortunately, there isn't much I can do. D:

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.

You do realise desbrina is female not male right?..

Years
Can someone explain me how do you start this game lol. I downloaded 1.5.3 version and the patch, patched the game and i don't know how to start it...
I would post a screenshot but it doesn't allow me cause i don't have 15 posts yet...

FairlyIncognito

Veteran Trainer
Years
Can someone explain me how do you start this game lol. I downloaded 1.5.3 version and the patch, patched the game and i don't know how to start it...
I would post a screenshot but it doesn't allow me cause i don't have 15 posts yet...

You have to download the 1.5 (Base) version, then patch that with the 1.5.2 version/patch and THEN patch with the 1.5.3 version.

If you're confused on how to do it, just read the read-me files included in the two patches. If you need more help, just ask :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back