• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen obligatory music thread.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I haven't taken off my nostalgia goggles since I first heard the themes. And I'm loving every second of it.

Roxie's and Elesa's Gym themes still weird me out a bit. At leasts Elesa's is funny, but Roxie's is just her band spelling out and shouting Koffing. And her band's name is Koffing. Seriously, wat?

kLSDFJSDLKHGSDLIFH:IEWOJGDS:KL. I TOOK THEM OFF FOR ONE SECOND ONLY I SWEAR. THEY ARE NOW FIRMLY AFFIXED TO MY EYES ONCE AGAIN.

It's the other way around with me, Elesa's is weird and Roxie's is awesome. I think it's hilarious that they're just screaming "KOFFING" over and over. Elesa's is quickly growing on me though omg.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Words can't describe how epic Akuroma's theme is. It really suits him, since he's a researcher.

I also like the remixes of the past gym leader and champion themes, especially Hoenn's and Kanto's. They really take me back to the times when I battled the Kanto and Hoenn leaders and E4 in R/S/E/FR/LG.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I dislike Homika's lmao. Sure she likes Koffing but it's repetitive and not really that nice to listen to :(

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
kLSDFJSDLKHGSDLIFH:IEWOJGDS:KL. I TOOK THEM OFF FOR ONE SECOND ONLY I SWEAR. THEY ARE NOW FIRMLY AFFIXED TO MY EYES ONCE AGAIN.

It's the other way around with me, Elesa's is weird and Roxie's is awesome. I think it's hilarious that they're just screaming "KOFFING" over and over. Elesa's is quickly growing on me though omg.
So you're telling me that if you were to walk past a gym and from the outside all you could hear was loud music accompanied by someone shouting "KOFFING! KOFFING!!! KOFFING!!!11!111!!1!11!1", you wouldn't be weirded out? Hahaha

Yeah I dislike Homika's lmao. Sure she likes Koffing but it's repetitive and not really that nice to listen to :(
Yeah, she seems to be fond enough of Koffing to name her god damned band after it.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Isn't Cheren's Gym theme just the regular gym theme from BW?
because it's a normal-type gym, it should have normal music

haa...

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
BESTIALITY! THIS IS NOT SONIC NEXT GEN!

BTW, her English name is Roxie. Confirmed by NOA. Sorry to be a Slowpoke if you know that already.

I am reminded of a certain Let's Player. slkfjslfkjs.

CHEREN HAS A GYM THEME WHAT WHERE I MUST FIND IT

Actually, I would think it was awesome, if a little bit strange sdfkljf. But Koffing of all things really

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I found it on youtube by typing "Cheren's gym theme". At first I expected it to be his old theme but it wasn't which I'm glad because I like this gym remix one a million times better.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
^Then again, it has the music from all the series, lol.
I like Roxie's Gym theme. Though I don't know why people are presuming her band is called Koffing. Just because its in a song it doesn't mean its their band name. I will admit that they say Koffing too much tho.
I also like Burgh's Gym theme. It is so mysterious. It reminds me of PMD a ton. Also some Zelda mixed in their too.
Spoiler:

Childish_Gavino

*Witty Phrase*
Years
I like Roxie's Gym theme. Though I don't know why people are presuming her band is called Koffing. Just because its in a song it doesn't mean its their band name. I will admit that they say Koffing too much tho.
I also like Burgh's Gym theme. It is so mysterious. It reminds me of PMD a ton. Also some Zelda mixed in their too.
Spoiler:

It sounds like burgh has smoked a LOT of pot in the past two years. His gym theme creeps me out a little bit. Anyways, I've listened to every battle theme in this game, and I have to say that B/W2 beats HG/SS for my favorite soundtrack in a pokemon game! If I had to pick favorites they would definitely be the World Tournament final music, Akuroma's battle music, and N's new battle theme. The rest of the soundtrack is amazing as well!

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Spoiler:
I read on Serebii that her band's name is Koffing. But even if the band isn't called Koffing, it's still weird enough that that's what she's singing. It is pretty catchy though.

And yeah, I've yet to hear anyone say a bad word about Burgh's gym theme. Definitely one of my favourites.

Edit: ^Ninja'd. Yeah, Burgh does appear to be a massive druggie now. I mentioned earlier in the thread that the psychedelic gym music he has is likely a reference to his passion for art. Personally I think it suits him perfectly.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder why Rustboro City Music is in the game, not implying anything but I've heard it and it ain't great but still a mystery.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I wonder why Rustboro City Music is in the game, not implying anything but I've heard it and it ain't great but still a mystery.
You mean.....

Spoiler:

.....this one?

I think it's fantastic! They haven't taken away from the original and it generally speaking sounds pretty cool.

I can imagine those who are dying for RSE remakes are incredibly excited now.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Note: Copious amounts of personal opinion involved.

Heh, I can't imagine how it would've sounded if GF actually went and remixed the Elite Four music. Personally, I find the original E4 music good enough (perfect, even??? idek), and like a Youtube commenter had said about this music, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".

Also, I really like all of the gym music! Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I really like Burgh's gym and it's music. The whole atmosphere and gym puzzle is really cool, and the calm music just makes it perfect. Aaaaaand I'm also an art student, so maybe that's why I like the whole gym so much...?

Back