• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The inevitable question, yeaaah! Since we noticed this discussion was occuring a lot in the announcement thread, we figured having a specific thread for it would be a good idea.

So! As a result, a few questions to base your discussion on:
Spr_5b_585_s.png

1. Do you think we'll travel to another region in B2/W2? Why or why not?
2. If so, how do you think you will travel to this other region?

Aaand anything else relevant. :)

Oh yeah, and of course, mention the region too! Either way, discuss! Hopefully we see some interesting ideas as to how it may come up that you'll have to travel to another region after Unova, or if you even think you'll be spending time at all in Unova.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
Years
First of all, I think we would be visiting a small region with only a handful of routes and settlements, and I hope its either by Pokemon, air vehicles or ships. Or even a GSC/HGSS way of travelling between Johto and Kanto.

After some thinking, it would be nice if they extended Unova by having a route-al system at Anville Town and >that< would be the new 'region'

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
I doubt it, but I also would like it, and can see it happening, but seeing as this is the first direct sequel game since generation two, anything could happen...

Probably boat if you could travel anywhere, like with the SS Aqua, or whatever it was called.

Hoenn or Sinnoh would be nice to see, Hoenn being unused for two generations now, and I liked Sinnoh over all.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I don't think we gonna get another region there is just not enough memory on the cartridge.
And Unova have no connection to any of the other regions.
Butt I think we could get something like the sevii uslands in FR/LG I liked them.

blue

gucci
Years

Maybe you arrive at Hoenn in the back of a truck

This has been the main question on my mind regarding these games, the fact that there's two games is already a difference so I'm pretty sure considering they are sequels we will be visiting a new, undiscovered area where a further storyline unfolds, there's many reasons why I don't think it will be Hoenn but I won't explain them as it's not the right thread but in general, I see us going to a new location that is smaller than unova but explains the mystery behind all the lose ends left in Black & White.
Also, for those who are saying the Red & Blue hint to Hoenn being in the game, I'm pretty sure the red represents Reshirams fire as the red is on the White Logo and the blue represents Zekroms Electricity with it being on black.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
I'd like a new region.

Maybe that black boat will take you somewhere.

And the Pier the black boat is at occasionally is called Prime Pier I think. Prime Islands?

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
Years
I think we will have a new region or travel to a previous region like in SS/HG.

Remember that N took off with his respective dragon to some region....I think the fact that he has the dragon means he'll still be involved with the plot and I think where ever he disappeared off to, we as the player may go there also.

blue

gucci
Years
Well, I've previously stated this I'm sure but it may just be set in Unova but with more areas to explore because look at the Map, there's many open and explorable places heck if it's set into the future new cities and buildings may have been constructed and the construction site on Route 4 may be finished which can connect to different routes etc. The only reason why GSC had kanto because if you look on the regional map, Johto & Kanto border onto each other.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
I'd like a new region.

Maybe that black boat will take you somewhere.

And the Pier the black boat is at occasionally is called Prime Pier I think. Prime Islands?

the black boat takes you to union tower which you need to trade via wifi to access.

a good guess i thought of fo this is there will be a new region that consists of 3 islands one for fire, one for ice, and one for electric dont get me wrong but its a good idea^^

Years
I don't think we gonna get another region there is just not enough memory on the cartridge.
And Unova have no connection to any of the other regions.
Butt I think we could get something like the sevii uslands in FR/LG I liked them.

There's enough room on one cartridge for Kanto and Johto, so why not?

Anyway, it would surprise me if B2 and W2 saw another region.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
UPSTATE NEW YORK! Your trainer could explore towns based on delightful communities like Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Albany!*

If there is anything besides the main Unova region, I would like to see something small as opposed to a full-on region with eight badges and all that. As mentioned before something akin to the Sevii Islands would be good... a place where extra events would take place but wouldn't have to be spread thin like Kanto was in the GSC series.

*Disclaimer: My family is from Rochester, NY.

blue

gucci
Years
Well instead of being predictable they could take us to a new (close to Unova) location that is based in the U.S rather than in Japan.. it would link to Unova still.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
While honestly at this point there's no telling, I think it would be in Gamefreak's best interest to take us to another region IF this is a sequel.

We've already been through Unova, so it wouldn't make sense to go right back through it, unless we're someone else. They could always pull a "Oh, you beat B/W? We forgot to tell you, that was only HALF of Unova" hahaha. :P

Maybe we'll hop on one of.... -insert Flying type gym leaders name-'s planes and head off elsewhere, be it a new or old region.
OH BOY, I hope we have a sky diving game at the beginning of the game like the majority of games on the mainstream market today.

Last edited:

TuGaWaR 545

Ragequit
Years
While honestly at this point there's no telling, I think it would be in Gamefreak's best interest to take us to another region IF this is a sequel.

We've already been through Unova, so it wouldn't make sense to go right back through it, unless we're someone else. They could always pull a "Oh, you beat B/W? We forgot to tell you, that was only HALF of Unova" hahaha. :P

Maybe we'll hop on one of.... -insert Flying type gym leaders name-'s planes and head off elsewhere, be it a new or old region.
OH BOY, I hope we have a sky diving game at the beginning of the game like the majority of games on the mainstream market today.

Skyla.

Skydiving ftw. That would be awesome.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Skylas planes are out of the picture. They are cargo planes not human transportation ones.

Skyla in B/W if you talk to her after you beat her:

"Are you and your Pokemon well? Our battle together was so much fun. Now, my Pokemon and I have started training again. I don't usually let people travel in my cargo plane, but battling with you was such a blast that I'd make an exception."

Just speculation, not holding my breath on that quote.

Back