• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
That's a lot of stuff!

Here's what I liked... The dream sequence was really cool, and the Gym looks really nice too. I find the new additions to the Sunflora family really, really confusing and I still don't know how they work. Here's what I didn't like... The battle platforms stretching across. It just doesn't look very good. Oh, and also, you should change the text of the Pokémon's names in their battle bar, because the current color does not fit with your black background.

Overall, a really nice update.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Really nice update, probably the best on this game so far xD (probably because of the video). Also is that a four stage pokémon (the sunkern one) =p?

Thank you JV ;) For the sunkern question, no not exactly. Solidot evolves into sunkern and sunkern can either evolve into a sunflora or Tulpia depending upon the players choice. For a sunflora, the player simply has to find the sun stone and for Tulpia instead of a Sunflora, the player must raise sunkern to a certain level then evolve it using the gravelroot.

Glad to hear from you :P

That's a lot of stuff!

Here's what I liked... The dream sequence was really cool, and the Gym looks really nice too. I find the new additions to the Sunflora family really, really confusing and I still don't know how they work. Here's what I didn't like... The battle platforms stretching across. It just doesn't look very good. Oh, and also, you should change the text of the Pokémon's names in their battle bar, because the current color does not fit with your black background.

Overall, a really nice update.

Thank you blueguy. The solidot question was just answered above so I hope it makes since. The elongated battle stages seemed like a decent idea. I'll either keep the idea or try to come up with a better idea. Also you make a good point about the name color I'll change it ;) nice fakemon in your sig by the way.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
While I was doing research on my youtube videos, I found that one of my videos on my WSSDK (World Settings SDK) had been embedded in page 9 of this thread. I'm curious as to why it may have been embedded and removed, or, if not, why Youtube told me it was? Incidentally, nice fakemon. They aren't exactly the best, but you don't see those games any more, due to having been cancelled or dropped. (I really wish some of them would come back) In other words, I'm still holding your fakemon to standards that no longer exist. Also, interesting concept regarding the gyms.

Edit: Ahh. I see. My video was linked to in the related videos section at the end of your video in your update. Also, I have a few more comments on the project. First off, why are you using the default attacks for Poccil's kit? Does everyone still use those? I'm sure someone must have gotten around to ripping the attacks from D/P by now. I could easily rip them from the GBA games. (In fact, the only reason I haven't done it is because it takes too long to do, and I don't have the time at this point) Also, why are you using what amounts to a slightly edited version of the intro from the official games. And don't bring up the don't fix what ain't broke argument, they are broken, and yours is even worse. Can you imagine your mom forgetting your name, much less whether you were a boy or a girl? And before you get in a huff about my blunt comments, think on this: I prefer to tell the truth, instead of only saying nice things. If you take my advice, your game may get better. If you ignore me, then power to you, I was only trying to help.

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

Years
The update looks great! I like the new screenies and they look gorgeous!

Thank you for the compliment HOF Im glad you aprrove

While I was doing research on my youtube videos, I found that one of my videos on my WSSDK (World Settings SDK) had been embedded in page 9 of this thread. I'm curious as to why it may have been embedded and removed, or, if not, why Youtube told me it was? Incidentally, nice fakemon. They aren't exactly the best, but you don't see those games any more, due to having been cancelled or dropped. (I really wish some of them would come back) In other words, I'm still holding your fakemon to standards that no longer exist. Also, interesting concept regarding the gyms.

Edit: Ahh. I see. My video was linked to in the related videos section at the end of your video in your update. Also, I have a few more comments on the project. First off, why are you using the default attacks for Poccil's kit? Does everyone still use those? I'm sure someone must have gotten around to ripping the attacks from D/P by now. I could easily rip them from the GBA games. (In fact, the only reason I haven't done it is because it takes too long to do, and I don't have the time at this point) Also, why are you using what amounts to a slightly edited version of the intro from the official games. And don't bring up the don't fix what ain't broke argument, they are broken, and yours is even worse. Can you imagine your mom forgetting your name, much less whether you were a boy or a girl? And before you get in a huff about my blunt comments, think on this: I prefer to tell the truth, instead of only saying nice things. If you take my advice, your game may get better. If you ignore me, then power to you, I was only trying to help.

First off thank you for the compliments regaurding the fakemon and the gym style. It's not that standards have declined, different people just have different ideas in terms of fakemon. The fakemon In Those games that died may have indeed been much better than mine, but I'm not them so my idea won't be the same as theirs.

To answer your question of battle attacks. I just haven't gotten to that yet. Carbon will feature all nintendo's moves and battle effects as well as quite a few custom attacks.

If it ain't broke argument? Ha ha ha! I wouldn't even try using that excuse for anything. This version of carbon has only been in the works for about 3 months or less... I usually reffer to this version as NEw Carbon. that intro will be replaced by an better one in the future it's just there for now to keep the game moving along, same with poccils battle effects. It'll all be replaced later on. Now your mom forgetting your name? That's definitly probable. The boy or girl issue however, does seem unlikely but as I said before it'll be replaced later on. Don't worry I take no offence in what youve said, I understand where your coming from with it all and I appreciate it.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
Years
ok ill start with Parmal.

Parmal:

the critisizem:
i dont exactly think the colors should go together like that. so im gonna call it a color clash, it looks like one of santas little helpers turned into a bird. and theres another thing, the wings look a little like hands to me, but thats about it.

the praise:
the overall sprite work and clean up is done very well like most of your sprites. this is an improvement on petweet or its original sprite. and the ribbon, feather, ect on its head is placed on the sprite perfectly if you know what i mean.

the rating:
8/10

Maramoo:

the critisizem:
not much really, just that the outlines look a little on the bright side. and the eyes look like they are looking away from the opponet pokemon.

the praise:
the design, sprite, choice of color, detail, and name all perfectly mesh together. this is definitly something i want to catch!

the rating:
10/10

Solidot:

the critisizem:
omg it looks to much like sunkern, i cant say i looks much different. its got the stripes removed, mouth removed, spikes removed, shrank, and repositioned but thats about it.

the praise:
well the sprite work is good.

the rating:
5/10

my advice: remove a leaf and the stem so just the leaf is there.
or:maybe make it more seed looking like make it a light brown and transform it into a seed shape.

Tulpia

the critisizem:
i dont really like the way its leaned to the side like that, and it should probbly be posed.

the praise:
as you can see its very well done, sorta like the magikarp evo tree. something crappy turns into something super powerful ( except sunkern out moves magikarp any day lol )
the shading is great and well... thats about it ( i got to start puting in reasons why i like them ).

the rating ( duh duh duh... ) :
10/10

well thats my opinion. srry it took so long

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

Years
ok ill start with Parmal.

Parmal:

the critisizem:
i dont exactly think the colors should go together like that. so im gonna call it a color clash, it looks like one of santas little helpers turned into a bird. and theres another thing, the wings look a little like hands to me, but thats about it.

the praise:
the overall sprite work and clean up is done very well like most of your sprites. this is an improvement on petweet or its original sprite. and the ribbon, feather, ect on its head is placed on the sprite perfectly if you know what i mean.

the rating:
8/10

Maramoo:

the critisizem:
not much really, just that the outlines look a little on the bright side. and the eyes look like they are looking away from the opponet pokemon.

the praise:
the design, sprite, choice of color, detail, and name all perfectly mesh together. this is definitly something i want to catch!

the rating:
10/10

Solidot:

the critisizem:
omg it looks to much like sunkern, i cant say i looks much different. its got the stripes removed, mouth removed, spikes removed, shrank, and repositioned but thats about it.

the praise:
well the sprite work is good.

the rating:
5/10

my advice: remove a leaf and the stem so just the leaf is there.
or:maybe make it more seed looking like make it a light brown and transform it into a seed shape.

Tulpia

the critisizem:
i dont really like the way its leaned to the side like that, and it should probbly be posed.

the praise:
as you can see its very well done, sorta like the magikarp evo tree. something crappy turns into something super powerful ( except sunkern out moves magikarp any day lol )
the shading is great and well... thats about it ( i got to start puting in reasons why i like them ).

the rating ( duh duh duh... ) :
10/10

well thats my opinion. srry it took so long

Thank you Staraptor X. I've been meaning to switch out parmals colors for something a bit more fitting and unsaturated. I'll find the time eventually. I also agree with a few ideas of yours for solidot, perhaps I'll remake it. :)

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
Years
your welcome! im thinking of becoming a sprite critic. i just watched the video and this looks like a game i would want to play without a shadow of a doubt! i like velgrus custom cry to, but the unknow pokemon has giratinas cry.

100 official post!! WOOTLY!

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
I've been on board with this from the start, and i have to say, i am truly proud of where this is going. Granted, alot has changed since we first started, but alot of the core ideas are still here, and this is just...just...im still thinking of the word...

you get, i'm at a loss for words it's so good. I LUV it fmp...flood.

Call on me if you need some help on anything... i'm only a pm away...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
yo Flood any new updates? It's been a while? I cant remember the last update....Anyway I really just wanna see what your scripting has gotten you.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
your welcome! im thinking of becoming a sprite critic. i just watched the video and this looks like a game i would want to play without a shadow of a doubt! i like velgrus custom cry to, but the unknow pokemon has giratinas cry.

100 official post!! WOOTLY!

Thank you I'm glad you liked it although a bit of it will be subject to change in the demo. I'm working on velgrus's cry as well as the other fakemon, the mystery pokemons' cry is also almost finished I just have to find a tone that goes with the look of the fakemon. I appreciate your comment by the way thankyou ;)

Congatulations on your 100th post by the way. Seems you're here to stay LOL.

I've been on board with this from the start, and i have to say, i am truly proud of where this is going. Granted, alot has changed since we first started, but alot of the core ideas are still here, and this is just...just...im still thinking of the word...

you get, i'm at a loss for words it's so good. I LUV it fmp...flood.

Call on me if you need some help on anything... i'm only a pm away...

Thank you very much for your sense of dedication to this project GP I'm glad you like where it's going ;)

Are you going to have a contest soon? I particully like the design contests the best.

I actually do have 2 new contests to announce but one won't be until the demo release however but the other one will be in the next update after this one I'm currently planning.

yo Flood any new updates? It's been a while? I cant remember the last update....Anyway I really just wanna see what your scripting has gotten you.

I'm currently working on a battle system similar to pearl diamond and platinum as well as the new bag script and a few other scripts so the next update is a bit far off, but I promise the update won't dissapoint.

Next update: the next update will feature a new and much improved battle design, new tiles, fakemon, the reveal of the first gym battle as well as the first gym card, new events, characters, features and more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
All cool man I cant wait to see. Especially since your working on a system "LIKE" D/P. I cant wait to see what new creative twists of your own that you put on it.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
All cool man I cant wait to see. Especially since your working on a system "LIKE" D/P. I cant wait to see what new creative twists of your own that you put on it.

Thank you very much OI ;)

i like the battle graphics. they're really unique.

Thank you I really appreciate it.

Looks amazing any idea when the demo or game should be released??

jw?

There's a probable demo June 12...I'll keep everyone posted in May to see if it's a strong possibility. Thank you by the way.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
A bit of constructive criticism. The head on the evolution of Velgrus seems to big. I'm not sure if someone told you that yet but it sticks out to me.

Atomic Reactor

Wow, I can;t believe i havnt posted on here yet :O
Everything looks really good. I would suggest changing in battle text colors, it blends with the battle box to much. But you already know this.
Everything else looks real good. Keep up the good work :3

<~F.M.P~>

Years
A bit of constructive criticism. The head on the evolution of Velgrus seems to big. I'm not sure if someone told you that yet but it sticks out to me.

Really? Seems fine to me, but that may because I was the one who designed it, no matter It's having another pose change later on in the future. Thank you though.

Wow, I can;t believe i havnt posted on here yet :O
Everything looks really good. I would suggest changing in battle text colors, it blends with the battle box to much. But you already know this.
Everything else looks real good. Keep up the good work :3

Thank you AR and yes I entend to change the color of the text as well as quite a few other things. Thank you and I will.

Note: The next update is almost finished and may be up within the next two days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back