• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
hey im just posting to let you know i love your work neo-dragon. im guessing you have never heard of me(i know you havent heard of me) because im new to all of this. i wanted to just compliment your exempilary work. ur da best!!!

srry for double posting and srry for asking this question, but when do you think u will come out with a release candidate? if u don't want to answer because most people don't its fine with me

Last edited:

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
I had an idea.

I take it you already have one NPC coded and all with his lifestyle (there was a guy who watched the swimmers in the lake and then he goes back to his house)

Maybe if you can get a vid of him doing what he does. So we can see your A.I system in work.

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Nice update! But where is the Special Attack and Special Defense?

Btw, are there gonna be any new items or moves?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Nice update! But where is the Special Attack and Special Defense?

Btw, are there gonna be any new items or moves?
He already answered that in his last post.

Neo-Dragon said:
After a long debate at the start of the development (mainly on my forum), I decided to keep things simple only using those stats.
Since there is no levels and stats are "editable" , to make things easier for new/general players, these are the only factors to worry about (not including the HP stat). Again, to be real, I can't see people playing Protectors for nearly as long as the official games, so making complex systems is rather pointless. While things might look complex, the Star Ranking system makes things easy to understand. People just don't understand because you can only learn from what I type, not your own experience playing this game. The Star Ranking is in everything- Trainer Ranking, Pokemon Ranking, Booster Ranking and more, so when you see how it works in game, you'll see it is designed for ease of use, and quick playability.
IT was never an issue of coding not adding in the stats, just thinking about playtime. I have a very clear goal of what I want Protectors to achieve for both myself, the game itself and this community. That goal is something which represents something fresh, exciting, easy to play, feature rich/features which are easy to learn, hard to master and so on. This goal will really only be clear when you are playing this on your computer rather then dodgy info I type up or how people take in what I do type.

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
i saw it, but i didnt quite understood what neo meant... :(

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
i saw it, but i didnt quite understood what neo meant... :(

basically, for simplicity's sake, there will be no special attack or defense stats

although i wonder...
neo, if we want, could we "enable" special atk/def stats, for more advanced players? like, could you do that?

goldenpalkia

Pokemon Excel:HTU Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
The mouse cursor was cool and the options awesome so make it better.:):):):):):):):):)

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
basically, for simplicity's sake, there will be no special attack or defense stats

although i wonder...
neo, if we want, could we "enable" special atk/def stats, for more advanced players? like, could you do that?

hm...
there could be a way that if pokemon went to a certain "star level" they could be able to use "special atk" moves and gain both the sp atk and def stat. that'd be cool i think

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
GAK: hm...
there could be a way that if pokemon went to a certain "star level" they could be able to use "special atk" moves and gain both the sp atk and def stat. that'd be cool i think

What? if i'm reading you correctly, what you said sounds very stupid. please reiterate ;}

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Not going to happen. The battle system a nearly complete. It's too late to be added now. But I'll make sure to take notes for Protectors 2 :p

Seriously though, while not hard to code, adding those stats at this stage would be really tidious. I don't want to deal with the stress.

Any more questions ? I'll answer any on the next update as it's becoming a tradition. Oh and on a side note, head over to the official site and read the latest developer blog. :)

Trainer17

Kaizoku-ō
Years
Good evening Neo. I've seen your thread from the start till the end, and just finished it. I have to say, it's really something marvelous and just so amazing! This game of yours got me hooked and the screenies were very sweet to my eyes. I just have one question though, since I'm quite confused. Are you going to place the choice/decision making system? So that some bad teams look up/hate you(the bar raising), and the police part(chasing you and etc)? You did say there were going to be some major updates somewhere, and I'm wondering. Thanks for looking into my post ^^

Have a nice day.

Sam.

Sandro™

Retired!
Years
I've been around this thread along time but now i realize that i didn't make one post D:
Pokémon Protectors is not considered "another game" to me i've been around everywhere that is related to your game and it cause of your hard work really unique and that it doesn't stand for "another game". Pokémon Protectors is cool.. it has alot of awesome features that you want in a pokemon game. It makes you wanna do everything thats possible to get to play it already.. but i think it be better when its fully done.. Its an awesome work you do here Neo.. Any suggestion i have i will post it here and see what you think :]
Good luck!

PokePhil101

Eevee Master
Years
neo ive just read this thread from page 1 and i must say im very impressed and i hope you will continue on this great project! It simply looks fantastic! good luck to you.

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Not going to happen. The battle system a nearly complete. It's too late to be added now. But I'll make sure to take notes for Protectors 2 :p

Seriously though, while not hard to code, adding those stats at this stage would be really tidious. I don't want to deal with the stress.

Any more questions ? I'll answer any on the next update as it's becoming a tradition. Oh and on a side note, head over to the official site and read the latest developer blog. :)

no objections. you are the gm so u make the decisions. oh well, this shall not change it either way so ok :P

Likewise

Bye.
Years
With effort and work?
Anyways, this game really looks good Neo dragon!
I do have some criticism on you mapping though, the one tile wide paths look terrible, filling empty grass with different paths isn't good either.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
@.Phones: keep reading this post. You'll be happy to read this (I'm guessing based on your last comment).

@ everyone:
Small update but I show show things off yet.
I have decided to start using my own custom tiles (with a mix or some others)... and.... I'll be remapping all of the overworld. My goal of keeping the game easy to "pick up" and play was kinda missed with the map work. Everything had too much unnecessary clutter and the maps lacked focus.
I'm doing some stuff that I haven't shown off aswell with other stuff, but it's still too early to show off- as always, remember I am doing this with events in Rm2k3 (all the systems) so give me some time to build the foundation to some of the ideas ha.

I promise that the next update will have news regarding the battle system as well as one or two shots of the new maps/custom tiles.
So feel free to PM me, visitor comment me or leave a message here and give me your thoughts.

Remember, keep an eye on the official Calis Projects site at: www.my-lifeonline.com and check out the official developer blog (which will be updated regularly started April).
Cheers guys.

Years
hey i know this isn't in your latest update but....

So how it works:
When selecting a Pokemon in the switching menu for battle, a summary screen pops up. The summary screen has 2 "pages." The first shows the selected Pokemon's HP, Status (if it is paralysed or poisoned and whatnot), and it's type(s). The second "page" shows the Pokemon's ATTACK, DEFENSE, and SPEED stat. You can view each page with a click of the mouse in the right section where it prompts you. And the commands at the bottom explain themselves. Well-
screenshots to show what I just talked about lol.

This is a test team, with test stats- what you see is functional in game, but stats have been added and randomised for debugging purposes

will you be able to view your moveset in the switching?
because i believe most people will want to know their pokemon's moveset when switching them in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back