• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyper Offensive Sandstorm

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
The is a team I made today that I really built my team off my friend's team. The real reason I happened to begin building off his team was that I noticed his team would be blocked by common walls such as Skarmory. I suggested Magnezone to him as a counter to Skarmory and as a general check to dragons and he refused to include it into his team so I began work on my own.

Team Building Process

The Pokemon I initially selected out of his team were Hippowdon, Latias and Doryuuzu.

1WMzw.png
60TnO.png
4C37R.png

These were Pokemon that I noticed were always pulling him through. Of course Doryuuzu was selected as it's pretty much essential on Sandstorm teams. We had also agreed that Latias was superior to her older brother in general.

So with these three Pokemon, I added Magnezone. Initially I was going to run a generic Choice Scarf set.

1WMzw.png
60TnO.png
4C37R.png
OB5GG.png

Then after placing the freakish piece of metal into my enlistment, I thought about Deoxys-A within the team as a general Revenge Killer. Deoxys-A would also be able to take out common walls obstructing the team such as Skarmory and Natorrei and thus, Deoxys-A was part of the team.

1WMzw.png
60TnO.png
4C37R.png
OB5GG.png
Yx5tc.png

At this point, I showed my friend the team. He pointed out several flaws such as the pointlessness of Hippowdon. At first I disagreed but after his suggestion of Gliscor which was a good idea and exacerbated the teams weakness to Ice attacks, I concurred with his previous statement. I swapped Hippowdon for Tyranitar and added Gliscor as the final member of the team.

67o3K.png
60TnO.png
4C37R.png
OB5GG.png
Yx5tc.png
924Wq.png

tl;dr Version
A friend, known as AlexP, who likes to go on the Smogon Pokemon Online server made a Sandstorm stall team and I decided to improve it by making it hyper offensive. Through the power of friendship, we came up with an amazing offensive team.

The Team

Note: All IVs and EVs are ordered as follows - HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, Speed

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
67o3K.png

Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 0/252/0/16 48/240 208
  • Crunch
  • Pursuit Stone Edge
  • Superpower
  • Flamethrower
This is the "Lure" set ripped straight off Smogon's 4th generation analysis of Tyranitar with the EVs modified to 2HKO Skarmory with Flamethrower. It works amazingly well with the element of surprise, being able to take down Scizor who think Tyranitar is a pathetic weak little monster. I would appreciate Fire Blast's extra power in certain scenarios but the guaranteed kill on Scizor is too good to risk missing.

Of course, he is essential to the team as he is what define the team as a Sandstorm team. Tyranitar is used over Hippowdon because of its more offensive nature as noted above.

It has enough Speed to outspeed Swords Dance Scizor.

Latias @ Choice Specs
60TnO.png

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4/0/0/252/0/252
  • Surf Ice Beam
  • Trick
  • Dragon Pulse Thunderbolt
  • Draco Meteor
I normally go for Choice Scarf Latias in any team that requires her assistance but with Deoxys-A and Dory, there really is not much need for another speedster. She has the bulk and the typing that resists the types of the weaknesses my other team members face.

I originally had Surf and Dragon Pulse on this Latias but replaced it with the classic BoltBeam combo which hits rival Dragon-type Pokemon and rain teams in general.

Doryuuzu @ Balloon
4C37R.png

Ability: Sand Throw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4/252/0/0/0/252
  • X-Scissor
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Slide
  • Swords Dance
This is just a Dory with a Balloon. I'm not going to act like I created it. Balloon is really the superior choice for Dory as it needs to be able to take on opposing Dory as it's the only thing that can stop the opponent's one in certain situations.

This is easily one of the biggest threats in the current metagame with type immunity to Thunder Wave paralysis and Poison moves (Toxic and Toxic Spikes) that make have otherwise affected its longevity.

On my team is works as a revenge killer and a late-game sweeper.

DITCHED
Magnezone @ Salac Berry
OB5GG.png

Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
EVs: 4/0/0/252/0/252
  • Substitute
  • Thunderbolt
  • Charge Beam
  • Hidden Power [Ice]
Magnezone is probably the weakest member of the team. I still find him essential because one Skarmory can cause the team hell. This Magnezone can actually set up on Natorrei fairly well. I've seen someone use the same set with a Magneton with an Evolution Stone but I like the Salac Berry boost that this comes with.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
lCGfJ.png

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/30
EVs: 252/0/0/140/116/0
  • Hydro Pump
  • Thunderbolt
  • Volt Change
  • Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-W is simply amazing against Rain, one of the previous weaknesses to the team, and perhaps any other weather team. It walls most rain teams alone. Rotom-W doesn't fear any of the weather inducers. It's immune to Earthquake (Hippowdon) and resists all of the moves on common Politoed sets. Tyranitar can't do much to it either. I sometimes have trouble with Abomasnow but not very often as I outspeed most of them and have a chance at OHKO them with Hidden Power. Hidden Power was originally used because I got sick of Nattorei switching in thinking they can do so without taking a beating but then I realised Rotom-W's potential to be an all-round weather wall by being able to take out Abomasnow with the same move.

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
Yx5tc.png

Ability: Pressure
Nature: Naive
EVs: 0/4/0/252/0/252
  • Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt Psycho Boost
  • Superpower
  • ExtremeSpeed
This thing is amazing. No Pokemon can revenge kill as amazingly as Deoxys-A and he takes out most of the obstacles the team faces. Superpower is for taking out Blissey and Natorrei. Ice Beam is there for taking out the ever common Gliscor and Dragons in general. It also works great at taking out Shaymin-S which Deoxys-A easily outspeeds and one-shots.

I had Thunderbolt on the moveset originally but it wasn't as useful as I'd though. Psycho Boost is so much better as a last resort move to deal insane damage.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
924Wq.png

Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252/0/4/0/0/252
  • Fling
  • Protect
  • Acrobat
  • Earthquake

Gliscor really is just a generic physical wall. It does what walls do best; wall things. Foe's Dory fail to penetrate it unless I've been foolish enough to allow them to set up on me. It also covers the huge Roobushin weakness my team has.

I'm fairly unsure of the EV spread this Gliscor appreciates.

Please leave suggestions and any criticism. =)

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
I would give Latias Hidden Power Fire for Nattorei, since your only other way of taking it on is Tyranitar.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Why are you leading with Bait Tar at all? 0_0 tbh weather leads should not go first as a general rule of thumb.

Gliscor got Poison Heal releaased, try the standard Smogon set as a lead >> tar or use deoxys-a.

I'll come back if i spot anything else.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Gliscor IS out.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fling
- Earthquake
- Acrobat
- Swords Dance / Protect / Taunt

me said:
Gliscor is useful as a speedy tank that abuses Toxic Orb, Fling and Poison Heal. Poison Heal may seem inferior to Roost, but it really isnt. Fling is to power up Acrobat and cripple walls at the same time its also useful to prevent status after Toxic Orb is activated and to stay alive. Fling ditches Gliscor's Toxic orb and messes up any bulkier counter as it badly poisons them. Acrobat becomes a very powerful Flying move after Gliscor sheds its Toxic Orb, becoming 165 power with STAB factoring in. Earthquake is a reliable STAB move that can do a lot of damage, even with Gliscor's rather average Attack stat for a Swords Dancer. Taunt is an option to STOP PHazing and to stop Roobushin's Bulk Ups. Protect to scout and activate your Toxic Orb easier and to heal a little.

^^

EDIT:

Oh and Lead with D-A and put SR on it with a Sash.

Deoxys-A@ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Psycho Boost
- Extremespeed / Hidden Power [Fire]
- SuperPower
- Stealth Rock

EDIT:

Balloon Sub + 3 ttacks Zone is better imo. Sub Salac wont EVER sweep in this meta, its far too slow ven with the boost. Balloon at least lets it check Dory and beat some of its counters.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

Years
Wow, it is out. I just assumed it wasn't since I haven't seen any lately and my Toxic Orb never helped me. It turns out I forgot to change the ability. Fail. >.<

Lead Deoxys-A sounds good. Thanks guys.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I know that none of your team is weak to Stealth Rock, but you can make Doryuzu a Rapid Spinner by dropping X-Scissor. EQ and Rock Slide provide good coverage already, but you'll be walled by Breloom, Claydol and Torterra. You don't have to do this if you don't really need Rapid Spin.

Eon-Rider

Years
Entry hazards are really unnecessary to clear since most of my Pokemon are hit hard or die anyway. I've updated the first post with changes.

I tried Deoxys-A as a lead for a while and it didn't work out too well. I've placed Tyranitar back as lead. I play on the Smogon server so it doesn't matter too much if I lead with Tyranitar. I can easily switch it with Rotom-W if I see another weather team. Now I've placed Rotom-W in Magnezone's place. He gets rid of my Politoed fear which allows me to have Tyranitar as a lead. Tyranitar got some EV changes and a move change but otherwise it performs the same role. It now hits harder with still a decent amount of speed.

I love Rotom-W. It stops Swampert; an annoyance to my team. I'm unsure of its EVs however. The current spread reaches the maximum Sp. Attack if it was Calm but with Modest it gains an extra 3 points in Sp. Defense.

Last edited:
Back