• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Shiny Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Pokémon Shiny Diamond
Original idea by KingSnivy

Introduction:
Hi! i am KingSnivy. that's my 2nd game. Pokemon Shiny Diamond, My last attempt was Pokemon Bolting Yellow. But That's much better, i don't use Bolting Yellow anymore cause of tilesets.
Information about why this page is here:
Spoiler:

Story:
WARNING: 2 STORIES!
Story 1:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Story 2:
Spoiler:

Starters
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup

Screenshots​
Spoiler:

Characters

DP_Lucas.png
Lucas ( Male Hero )

DP_Dawn.png
Dawn ( Female Heroine )

attachment.php

Mark (Rival/Cousin)

Team

KingSnivy ~ Spriter (highly needed)
None ~ Scripter (highly needed)
KingSnivy ~ Mapper
KingSnivy ~ Beta Tester
KingSnivy ~ Owner

Method of contact
PM

Features
Dual/Touch Screen!
VS sequence!
Mystery Gift! (until i get the code/script)
Day/Night System!
And MOAR!

Downloads:
Beta 1.01: Coming Soon. if link is not posted in thread, it will be at post.

Credits

Poccil ~ Pokemon Essentials
venom12 ~ Pokemon Essentials DS
Alacus, Dewitty, Kymontian, Calis Project, Bulbipedia ~ Tiles
Neo-Spriteman ~ Resized Tiles
~~~~~Pkmn essentials DS credits~~~~~
Luka ~ VS Seq. and mouse model and etc...
Cybersam and Astro ~ Mouse model
CNG ~ Battle moves select menu
Help14 ~ Pokedex
Wichu ~ Sprites
FL. ~ Eggs Change and Unova Pokemon​

Last edited:

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
I'll give you a few suggestions:

1. Try to use one style of tiles. At the moment you're using tiles from FireRed/Leafgreen, Platinum and Alacus (Custom).

2. Try filling up your maps with random trees or flowers etc.
That way, it will be less boring for the player to look at it.

3. Try to make a nice, 100% custom titlescreen instead of a 50% custom titlescreen ;)

Hope I helped.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
I'll give you a few suggestions:

1. Try to use one style of tiles. At the moment you're using tiles from FireRed/Leafgreen, Platinum and Alacus (Custom).

2. Try filling up your maps with random trees or flowers etc.
That way, it will be less boring for the player to look at it.

3. Try to make a nice, 100% custom titlescreen instead of a 50% custom titlescreen ;)

Hope I helped.

1. I don't want to chage tiles, but i will make Platinum FRLG. and.. Alacus? That is a hack/fangame maybe?

2. I am doing the trees/flowers.

3. Uh, i was about to make a 100% custom tilescreen, i can't erase
the Gamefreak thing from dialga!

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
1. I don't want to chage tiles, but i will make Platinum FRLG. and.. Alacus? That is a hack/fangame maybe?

2. I am doing the trees/flowers.

3. Uh, i was about to make a 100% custom tilescreen, i can't erase
the Gamefreak thing from dialga!

He means Alucus, the person who made some of the tiles you are using. And also he doesn't mean like the tiles, he's just saying that the game looks kinda shoddy with how you've mixed different styles instead of using 1 stlye. For instance just having the Gen 4 indoor and outdoor tiles not mixing them with other Gen's. But now time for my view on your game.
What I can see from your screenshots is that you've rushed the game to get some visuals out. There is bad grammar in the sentences such as words having a capital letter when not needed and words needing one. The mapping seems kind of poor but you can improve on that by adding a few details to the maps such as flowers, paths more tree's, which, on the next note of mapping is that maps need to have a boarder around them 7 tiles in width to stop the player from going to the edge of them and seeing the black around it, that way it will look more tidy.

EDIT:
Reading your thread you forgot to put tile credits to Alistair and Alucas.

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Hmm... Story needs a lot of work, mapping needs a lot of work, features are nothing but whats already there, and overall this project needs to be improved in concept and skill of the creator/s by a lot.

A lot of the problems seem to be at basic levels, perhaps improving your skills at storytelling, storymaking, mapping, spriting, and others would be welcome before you delve into making a game.

Years
Ok, heres what i think, and you should do what i do Kingshivy, when your criticizing someones games,
1. Credits, your not crediting the people you ripped the tiles off from..
2. Grammar, very poor most of it doesn't make sense.
3. Mapping, everything is very wide open, theres not much trees, flowers etc. For some help, look at some other maps gamefreak have designed, and maybe follow the way they map there maps out, of course not 100% copy but you know what i mean.
4. Story, needs a lot of workin on but im sure it will be developed more by you.
5. Tiles, they looking horrible, the way you have mixed em around like that, from gen 3 to gen 4.
6. How can you BETa test your own game?
7. Name: first of all your starting screen, says diamond not shiny diamond, and i suggest changing that name, not really catchy.

Overall, your doing good, just try follow what people say, read up and follow lots of tutorials and you'll improve!

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
The story needs serious improvement as at the moment, it makes very little sense -- dialga and palkia destroy Sinnoh so everyone moves to a new region? lolwhat. Was that just a way of being able to use the DPPt tiles / sprites and characters but still being able to make a new region? Either way, you need more of an original story.

As other people have already said, you need to stop using different sets of tiles such as custom, FRLG, DPPt. Pick ONE style and stick to it.

I think the project needs more originallity to make it appealing.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Ok, heres what i think, and you should do what i do Kingshivy, when your criticizing someones games,
1. Credits, your not crediting the people you ripped the tiles off from..
2. Grammar, very poor most of it doesn't make sense.
3. Mapping, everything is very wide open, theres not much trees, flowers etc. For some help, look at some other maps gamefreak have designed, and maybe follow the way they map there maps out, of course not 100% copy but you know what i mean.
4. Story, needs a lot of workin on but im sure it will be developed more by you.
5. Tiles, they looking horrible, the way you have mixed em around like that, from gen 3 to gen 4.
6. How can you BETa test your own game?
7. Name: first of all your starting screen, says diamond not shiny diamond, and i suggest changing that name, not really catchy.

Overall, your doing good, just try follow what people say, read up and follow lots of tutorials and you'll improve!
1.Okay, the DP People are from the DS Kit.
2.what do you mean? The region is actually Ueno.
3.Watch at the prev post.
4. I just updated the story
5. Uh.. not that again!!
6. I can do it!
7. Name: Yes, i know. But why wont yow view the old light platinum thread at "ROM Hacking" section. it says "PLATINUM" and this says "DIAMOND"
So, i need a tiler to show me your best..

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
1.Okay, the DP People are from the DS Kit.
2.what do you mean? The region is actually Ueno.
3.Watch at the prev post.
more comin'

Typical you blanked out what people said again. He never said overworlds... He said tilesets. Two different things. And he means you spelling and punctuaction is quite bad where you've put i instead of making it a capital letter like this 'I'.

Years
Please tell me how this makes sense, "Today, i maybe get some new pokemon.and if i got them, i will work with them!"
What it should say:
"Today, i might catch a new Pokemon, and if i catch it i will train it!"

You updated story? Wow you added to new words, nice job.
And thats a hack mate, this is a Game developed by you, hacks are limited, but you should edit everything, to make it your game.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Please tell me how this makes sense, "Today, i maybe get some new pokemon.and if i got them, i will work with them!"
What it should say:
"Today, i might catch a new Pokemon, and if i catch it i will train it!"

You updated story? Wow you added to new words, nice job.
And thats a hack mate, this is a Game developed by you, hacks are limited, but you should edit everything, to make it your game.

Here, i updated the "I" to "i"

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Do you honestly not understand what people have been telling you, or are you trolling?
im pretty sure he's from another country, if not, then hes probably eight years old, like seriously, he's not even listening to what people say.

@Kinsnivy
you need to start understanding people better, also i agree with everyone else, the mixing tiles, looks terrible, and the story needs major improvement.
flamemaster~

TheMarkCrafter

Years
He means Alucus, the person who made some of the tiles you are using. And also he doesn't mean like the tiles, he's just saying that the game looks kinda shoddy with how you've mixed different styles instead of using 1 stlye. For instance just having the Gen 4 indoor and outdoor tiles not mixing them with other Gen's. But now time for my view on your game.
What I can see from your screenshots is that you've rushed the game to get some visuals out. There is bad grammar in the sentences such as words having a capital letter when not needed and words needing one. The mapping seems kind of poor but you can improve on that by adding a few details to the maps such as flowers, paths more tree's, which, on the next note of mapping is that maps need to have a boarder around them 7 tiles in width to stop the player from going to the edge of them and seeing the black around it, that way it will look more tidy.

EDIT:
Reading your thread you forgot to put tile credits to Alistair and Alucas.

I don't use Alucas' tiles.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
First of you dont posted all credits for essentials ds and for tiles, you using tiles from princelegendario, dew and more. Post Proper credits if you using something its that hard?

To the game need many work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back