• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Square-Enix ☆ Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Currently playing through Dream Drop Distance, and I'm in the Sorcery of Symphony right now! I thought I might do a quick spoiler-free review of what I've played so far. ...Ironically, it's in a spoiler tag. o3o

Spoiler:

But no one cares about Re:coded~ At least, we don't.
I liked Re:coded. D:
Honestly, it was a lot better than Days. I mean, I liked Days, but it felt... icky to play, in my opinion.
Re:coded was tons of fun, regardless of being filler or whatever. o3o

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
But no one cares about Re:coded~ At least, we don't. That really is an insult, perhaps SE is trying to make up for that too XD

BUT THEN WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET WHITE 2 WHEN IT COMES OUT WHY ARE THESE GAMES COMING OUT WITHIN MONTHS OF EACH OTHER. I'm going to get KH3D eventually, I just want to make sure I'll still have enough money left over for White 2 X3

*googles* HOLY JSKLDFJS IT'S 54 BUCKS SDKFLSJDLS /dead

Lol, just looked it up on Amazon, and it is a astonishing $127 brb dying

omg it comes out in 4 days omg klsjdfsdlkfjs
Re:Coded is a true Side story. imo.

Also, about the amazon being $127, cause those are sold by users, Amazon were all out of it, so good luck finding it being 54.99.

Megaman3007

MTF FTW :)
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
What is your favourite series made by Square-Enix?
Kingdom Hearts

Who is your favourite Kingdom Hearts character?

Axel. He is just hot! But I hear he returns in KH 3D

What console(s) do you hope Kingdom Hearts III will be on?
Wii U

I'm getting KH 3D 2mw in the afternoon. So excited!!!! :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I guess I'll order KH3D today and it will come tomorrow. I'm kind of marathonning Days anyway because I missed it lol :x

I hope KH3D is on Wii U to be honest, because the PS3 will probably be outdated by the time it comes out.

Megaman3007

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
I guess I'll order KH3D today and it will come tomorrow. I'm kind of marathonning Days anyway because I missed it lol :x

I hope KH3D is on Wii U to be honest, because the PS3 will probably be outdated by the time it comes out.

Well to be fair there still making new PS2 games and that system came out 12 years ago. I mean this year it seems to only be sport games but I know last year Japan released a few RPGs for it. Though I agree I'd love KH 3 on Wii U.

As for KH3D Joshua's voice was something I was not expecting but its so cute :) XD

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
No. KH3 will be for PS4, and that's final. Haha joking, but I really do want it on a Sony console. Idk why, probably since KH started on the PS2, so it should end that way? I know nothing about Wii U though, lol.

Anyways welcome Megaman3007 to the club!

Years
What is your favourite series made by Square-Enix?
Kingdom Hearts

Who is your favourite Kingdom Hearts character?
Xion because she had one of the saddest stories

What console(s) do you hope Kingdom Hearts III will be on?
PS3

Oh and I have a question wasn't the original US release date for KH3D August?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
3D is officially out in NA now! :D I picked up my MoM edition first thing this morning and decked out my 3DS in its new case. It's very nice and omg the MoM box is just gorgeous. I love it! I passed off the game to my roommate and I'm making him marathon it all week so I can see one specific cutscene in English before he leaves for a few weeks on Friday. XD;

As for myself, I'm skipping the English release this time but I did finally start my critical mode playthrough! Man, though, CM is really hard this time. :( I'm keeping track of my deaths and I made it through the first world with 44 total, ouch. And that's with all my Spirits carried over! ;_; (There's sort of a new game+, thank god!) It was pretty awesome for the first ability I earned and equipped to be Super Glide though. I fear I will be making very slow progress in this game, though.
Spoiler:
Not bothering with spoiler tags because there are no plot spoilers. xD

I think the game would be too hax if you could use commands or do things while using FFA. You'd pretty much by invincible by just wall jumping out of reach in most places to use your commands. It's not too much of a hassle as-is.

I kind of disagree with the drop system thing though. I do like the rewards and all but I felt it was really annoying and it totally pulled me out of the game (er, figuratively and literally :P) whenever it happened. I understand why they did it and it does work well for what it has to do but I would have preferred to play through the game the way I played COM and BBS: one character at a time. (Or I would have preferred being able to drop between S/R whenever I wanted and it would force you to catch up after each set of worlds or something.) I feel like they could have tweaked the system a little more to make it work better.
I liked Re:coded. D:
Honestly, it was a lot better than Days. I mean, I liked Days, but it felt... icky to play, in my opinion.
Re:coded was tons of fun, regardless of being filler or whatever. o3o
*boots out of club* Haha, but seriously. I thought the battle system in Re:Coded was better but as an actual game I... I just hated it. :'(
Just beat KH3D safdjlakfj
The pre-final boss events and ending are BRILLIANT. : DDD
Aren't they? *u*

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Now that KH3D is out in America, I really hope everybody is enjoying it! It's a great game. : D

I think the game would be too hax if you could use commands or do things while using FFA. You'd pretty much by invincible by just wall jumping out of reach in most places to use your commands. It's not too much of a hassle as-is.

I kind of disagree with the drop system thing though. I do like the rewards and all but I felt it was really annoying and it totally pulled me out of the game (er, figuratively and literally :P) whenever it happened. I understand why they did it and it does work well for what it has to do but I would have preferred to play through the game the way I played COM and BBS: one character at a time. (Or I would have preferred being able to drop between S/R whenever I wanted and it would force you to catch up after each set of worlds or something.) I feel like they could have tweaked the system a little more to make it work better.

Yeah, true. xDD;;
I guess I'm just taking it out on the times when I'm thinking, "Okay, I'll just heal quickly once I get on the ground", but then when I do land, some Dream Eater ninja's me, and gets me a Game Over. That's what I get for playing on PM, haha.

And yeah, your opinion about the Drop System is fair enough. Personally, I really, REALLY didn't like the feeling of replaying the game 3 times over when I was going through Birth by Sleep, even though the stories were pretty different. So, the Drop System just felt really amazing for me. I always kept my eye on the Drop bar, so that's probably why it never really affected me. The times when I dropped right before beating a boss also just kinda made me laugh. xD;

*boots out of club* Haha, but seriously. I thought the battle system in Re:Coded was better but as an actual game I... I just hated it. :'(

Why didn't you like it? Just curious. : <

Aren't they? *u*

Yessss. xDDD;;
The Sora pre-final boss event, especially. It really gave me chills watching through it.

Cherrim

Years
Now that KH3D is out in America, I really hope everybody is enjoying it! It's a great game. : D
I... I had no idea how the drop system worked when I first played and I was not at my best (in fact I was high on painkillers) so I wasn't translating any of the instructions regarding it so I had no idea why Sora would drop so much faster than Riku. (It turned out to be his keyblade or something.) It was just really frustrating. Now that I know how it works, I'm much better at working around it and I'm more amiable to it, but I did still prefer the other games for their portrayal of multiple protagonists. BBS was really bad for repetitive story, though, so 3D is a nice change based on that alone.
Why didn't you like it? Just curious. : <

As for Re:Coded, I wasn't very good at any of the things it strayed from the regular KH system for (turn-based, sidescroller, shootemup, etc.) and I felt that the actual gameplay was really frustratingly clunky when they tried to move BBS's system to the DS. I was actually really apprehensive about getting 3D because of how they'd implemented the command-style in Re:Coded. (I can't remember what, specifically, I hated about the implementation, just that I didn't think it worked well. I haven't touched the game since beating it.)

Also its story was... lacklustre. It was entirely unnecessary except for the ending cutscene. (Like, literally the last one.) That probably wouldn't be so bad except... I'd seen it two years prior. So forcing myself to go all the way through that game that I really didn't enjoy only to see a fairly unimportant cutscene that I'd already looked up after I first played BBS since I hadn't expected Coded to get a remake... yeah. You can imagine my disappointment, although I realize I kind of brought that one on myself. XD; But I stand by the fact that it was an unnecessary game in the series. Everything in it could be condensed into a 10 minute cutscene at the beginning of 3D to state why Sora and Riku are standing in Yen Sid's office space.
Yessss. xDDD;;
The Sora pre-final boss event, especially. It really gave me chills watching through it.
KH3D Spoilers
Spoiler:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Also its story was... lacklustre. It was entirely unnecessary except for the ending cutscene. (Like, literally the last one.) That probably wouldn't be so bad except... I'd seen it two years prior. So forcing myself to go all the way through that game that I really didn't enjoy only to see a fairly unimportant cutscene that I'd already looked up after I first played BBS since I hadn't expected Coded to get a remake... yeah. You can imagine my disappointment, although I realize I kind of brought that one on myself. XD; But I stand by the fact that it was an unnecessary game in the series. Everything in it could be condensed into a 10 minute cutscene at the beginning of 3D to state why Sora and Riku are standing in Yen Sid's office space.

KH3D Spoilers (minor)
Spoiler:

KH3D Spoilers
Spoiler:

KH3D Spoilers (major)
Spoiler:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I got my copy in the mail this morning pretty early, I didn't expect it to come atleast later in the afternoon or evening. But I got it right when I was waking up, But I had some stuff to take care of. But here is a picture of it I took

Spoiler:

I also need to put those Dream Eater pictures on my laptop I took them they're so cutee! haha. Anyways I loved this game as much as i loved the JPN version, but I love it more cause I can understand it :)

Cherrim

Years
KH3D Spoilers (minor)
Spoiler:
3D spoilers
Spoiler:

KH3D Spoilers (major)
Spoiler:
More 3D spoilers
Spoiler:

I also need to put those Dream Eater pictures on my laptop I took them they're so cutee! haha. Anyways I loved this game as much as i loved the JPN version, but I love it more cause I can understand it :)
I need to do this too. 8| I will probably switch my avatar with one later since this is very much a filler avatar. Probably. I actually kind of like it lmao.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I assume this hasn't been mentioned amongst this KH stuff.

New FF13 title will be announced during Final Fantasy anniversary.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Personally 13 was one of my least favourite FF games, but 13-2 was certainly improvement. I do not want another add on to the same characters story though. So if they announce a 13-3 then I won't be happy.

Of course, an 'add on to FF13' could mean any game based on that world. So I'm hoping for either a console game - like Revenant Wings/Tactics but Cocoon/Pulse, or maybe cling to the slim chance it will tell us more about Versus (if that still counts as a FF13 game).

Cherrim

Years
I imagine it's gonna be 13-3 because it seems like the easiest thing to make, it gives them an excuse to use Lightning (pretty much a worldwide favourite by now, I guess), and they really copped out on an ending for 13-2 so another one is fairly expected.

I'd really prefer for it to be Versus, though, if only so it'll just come out already. It was rumoured to be cancelled but S-E denied that so... it could happen.

http://gematsu.com/2012/08/new-final-fantasy-xiii-project-just-started-running

There's another interesting rumour about it, re: consoles. I'm just hoping it means multi-platform rather than like... Kinect.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
There's another interesting rumour about it, re: consoles. I'm just hoping it means multi-platform rather than like... Kinect.

Good God, nothing should be on Kinect. Ever! :P

I'm just hoping that SE don't suddenly decide to drop Xbox games, there was a rumour a while back that Versus was to be PS3 only (but considering nobody knows anything about that I'm really hoping it is a rumour).

13-3 bleh! :P I quite liked the bitter-sweet ending to the last game, and I'm still adamant that the 'to be continued' thing was to do with DLC/Paradox Fragments. I just hope I'm right :(.

Also Lightning is bleh XD NO MORE.

Cherrim

Years

Good God, nothing should be on Kinect. Ever! :P

I'm just hoping that SE don't suddenly decide to drop Xbox games, there was a rumour a while back that Versus was to be PS3 only (but considering nobody knows anything about that I'm really hoping it is a rumour).

13-3 bleh! :P I quite liked the bitter-sweet ending to the last game, and I'm still adamant that the 'to be continued' thing was to do with DLC/Paradox Fragments. I just hope I'm right :(.
Well, they may not bother with 360 versions in Japan but iirc they do fairly well here? I think the 360 still has more of the market share in NA than the PS3 so it wouldn't be a great move to drop it entirely from their development cycle if it isn't too much trouble to continue porting their games from PS3.

Well, they copped out on the chance of it being bitter-sweet. It was just bitter. XD; Though I haven't played any of the DLC (and probably never will--I don't wanna support that) so I don't know for sure how that ends up.
Also Lightning is bleh XD NO MORE.
...rude! :P /shot

Megaman3007

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Considering I have every console released in the past 12 years I don't mind what it comes out on. XD. Actually just got a 360 with kinect coming in the mail this week. Had no idea I bought it with Kinetic anyway. As for FF-13-3 I hope its not true. I really hated the two due to the battle style. It ruined a game I was hoping i'd enjoy. Is Lighting really the most popular? She was the only one i disliked in the game. Serah,Noel and Hope being my top 3 fav. Though I can kinda see why people would like her tbh. A pretty strong female is always nice to have in these kinds of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back