• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
Thanks. So just to be sure, that since I usually use dollars, does that translate over to dollars (eg 15 euro -> ~$16)? If not, I can live with it, but it's nice to know if it does.

Years
Looking up on that Pikachu, it doesn't translate exactly evenly to its value the US. TrollandToad has it for $12, and listings on eBay range from $10 to $16, and 15 Euros is about equal to $18 at the moment. Though Bebesearch.com does have that for its price.

I do very much appreciate the pricing help, bartvanaken!

Do you know when prices on that Dutch site were last updated? I only see sets up to what was out in July of 2011, with the newest set there being the 2011 McDonald's promos.

bebessearch.com has a database of prices and links to find them on eBay and Google, but I'm not sure how up to date its prices are.

droomph

weeb
Years
Looking up on that Pikachu, it doesn't translate exactly evenly to its value the US. TrollandToad has it for $12, and listings on eBay range from $10 to $16, and 15 Euros is about equal to $18 at the moment. Though Bebesearch.com does have that for its price.

Do you know when prices on that Dutch site were last updated? I only see sets up to what was out in July of 2011, with the newest set there being the 2011 McDonald's promos.

bebessearch.com has a database of prices and links to find them on eBay and Google, but I'm not sure how up to date its prices are.
It was last updated in June/July 2012, though older sets haven't been updated quite as often (eg Black & White was last updated April 2012).

bartvanaken

As dutch as a windmill.
Years

Always happy to help out! The site does have the B&W Dark Explorers set, may 2012, but the other sets aren't updated. The site is an indication for mint cards and it says that it can only be used to make sure a trade is fair (loosely translated). Google has this to say =) 15 Euros = 18.4245 U.S. dollars. However, the card may be a bit more common in the States than here in the Netherlands.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
Does anybody now how much a deck of 1st edition shadowless cards are worth? if you do, let me know.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
So, uh... i kinda stumbled on to this site while trying to find the worth of some cards i just bought at a garage sale.... i got roughly 2000 cards for $2. and a bunch of them are shiny...
as per your format heres a few. I just want a rough idea on how much this stuff is worth. thank you.
Card name: Japanese.... not sure, im assuming zapados. a yellow angular bird.
Set: not sure, its like a little pokeball and it looks like BYM but im not sure.
collection thing: No.145, The back side says pocket monsters card game 1996.
Shadows: Yea there is a shadow behind the picture.

so from what i vaguely remember its one of those legendary birds. so i got a bunch of these shiny ones. theres the blue bird No.144, the flaming oneNo.146, 2 zapy onesNo.145, a charizard No.006, and a No.026... i havent even bothered going through the english ones yet. but if you could give me an idea. thank you again!

Years
So, uh... i kinda stumbled on to this site while trying to find the worth of some cards i just bought at a garage sale.... i got roughly 2000 cards for $2. and a bunch of them are shiny...
as per your format heres a few. I just want a rough idea on how much this stuff is worth. thank you.
Set: not sure, its like a little pokeball and it looks like BYM but im not sure.

so from what i vaguely remember its one of those legendary birds. so i got a bunch of these shiny ones. theres the blue bird No.144, the flaming oneNo.146, 2 zapy onesNo.145, a charizard No.006, and a No.026... i havent even bothered going through the english ones yet. but if you could give me an idea. thank you again!

Japanese Charizard (Base: 006) is roughly $25 in near mint to mint condition. A Japanese Zapdos (Base: 145) is roughly $4.

Years
Does anybody now how much a deck of 1st edition shadowless cards are worth? if you do, let me know.

As in, a complete set? Or do you just have a 60 card deck consisting of such cards?

Regarding that first Zapdos with the PokeBall for a set symbol, it's a vending machine one. That goes for between $10 and $15.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012

The Japanese Base Charizard is worth $20-25 in mint, i managed to get one for as cheap as $9 in mint several months ago on ebay. As for the Japanese Fossil Zapdos its worth anywhere from $1 to $5 from my experience seeing the card sell. I hope when you go through the English cards you post a list of a few of them, i am quite interested to see what you snagged in those cards you got for such a low price!

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
I have a misprint neo genesis meganium (not sure whether it's 10 or 11 from that set, need to check, and I will make a photo when I get the chance).
It has a patch around the image edge where the green is more teal like, as if one of the colors in the printer failed to work correctly.

Is this known from other cards? I couldn't find any info on it anywhere I looked.
And how much could it be worth?

If you'd rather first see the image, I'll try and get it as soon as possible. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
mint 1st ed. charizard.

I have pics but it won't let me post them with <15 posts :(

Well a PSA 9 graded one sold for $570 on ebay yesterday, i assume yours isn't PSA graded so it could be quite a bit less. If it is a 8-9 mint or better though its probably worth about $100-150. However looking at the most recent sell prices in the last 2 weeks on Ebay they are all going selling for a bit over $200.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Misprint Raichu?

Raichu 14/102 Holo Unlimited Non-Shadowless
The holofoil part is offset down about a half inch. Would this make it worth any more?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Sorry, I meant about a half centimeter :embarrass. Here's a picture:
tinypic.com/r/2q1dkzb/6
Does stuff like this happen a lot? I feel like it probably did when printing the cards.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
I have a misprint neo genesis meganium (not sure whether it's 10 or 11 from that set, need to check, and I will make a photo when I get the chance).
It has a patch around the image edge where the green is more teal like, as if one of the colors in the printer failed to work correctly.

Is this known from other cards? I couldn't find any info on it anywhere I looked.
And how much could it be worth?

If you'd rather first see the image, I'll try and get it as soon as possible. :)

I think my post was missed, or do you want an image. Please let me know then I will get one (haven't been at home for some weeks since I'm on campus, so I'd need to ask someone there..)

Years
I think my post was missed, or do you want an image. Please let me know then I will get one (haven't been at home for some weeks since I'm on campus, so I'd need to ask someone there..)

Could have sworn I had posted asking for a picture of it.

That or I said it was worth far less than its non-printing error counterpart, as a proper misprint is considered to be when the text of a card is erroneous, as that usually creates more than one copy of a given error, so that error is verifiable as not being damage.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
1. Mewtwo (misprint error) PSA 8
2. Promo Release
3. 3
4. not 1st edition
5. not shadowless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back