• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Suggestions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I think we should have a retrospective where we can all share our best moments from posts right down to VM's.

I agree with the PC History Trivia, cos it's fun.

Maybe even sharing some of our best PC moments via screenshot.

THIS.
Other than a Minecraft event, this would be AWESOME — reminiscing is my reason to live! <3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Well, for spriters like me, I would really want a big spriting with spriting categories such as splicing, recoloring, retyping, pixel overs, blah...blah...blah... event hosted by Logiedan & Abnegation. Well, if you really want to know the details, please PM me. I don't have much time to post anymore.

Then, maybe a trade-giveaway for Black & White owners. Like you post your FC & Version. Then, post your wish Pokemon & you get it for 'free'. By 'free' I mean trade in your most useless Pokemon or either any random caught Pokemon.

★ So, here are my wants ★
~Spriting competition (Details coming tomorrow)
~Trade Giveaway

I hope you guys will consider my suggestions.

~Mid, #GymLeaderElesa

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Hey I just joined January 2012 and I have no idea what most of these events are. ^.^''
But I read Olli's. Suggestion on writing pokemon creepypasta, and it would be awesome. But I wouldn't probably write myself, since I'm bad at writing stories. Oh and what's this about a movie night? :3 Could anyone care to explain to me please?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh and what's this about a movie night? :3 Could anyone care to explain to me please?

Basically someone will stream a movie (most likely Pokémon related) using something called Livestream and everyone will be able to gather in the live stream's channel and talk in the chat box whilst watching the movie together :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Basically someone will stream a movie (most likely Pokémon related) using something called Livestream and everyone will be able to gather in the live stream's channel and talk in the chat box whilst watching the movie together :D

The movies don't have to be Pokemon-related, afaik.

Years
A scavenger hunt would be really cool! I also think we should have a Pokemon Gaming night/day :3

Yugioh tournament.

RS clan wars? (Divide up into teams of 4 or 5 (Or more/less depending on how many people we get) and see what team is best.)

I thought this was a Pokemon forum ._.

*Goes to the Q&A section*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
We need iSketch somewheres in here.

And how about a Rom Hacking/Game Dev event?

Edit: Yes we need Lerroux to return for a week :x

And a photography event would be nice - It's getting nicer here, now if I don't have to fiddle with my camera I may enter that.

Yeah! Like that Idea! Like ludum dare only you have to create a pokemon hack within 48 hours. It could be called PKMN Dare .

Red99

World Champion
Years
Okay, I know I'm new here, but I haves some ideas that I think should be considered. Also, I'm not sure if some of these ideas have been posted.
1. I agree with the idea of a ROM hacking competition, it would be fun.
2. A pokemon wi-fi battle tournament, using the Battle Colosseum room in PokeCentres.
3. A Pokemon contest, such as those in R/S/E, and D/P/Plt.

PerseusRad

Cracked Egg
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2018
Youtube Contest. Makenthe funniest video you can and we rate how funny it is on a scale of 38. No being biased though.

Sirfetch’d

I think a game I call "The Great Egg Drop" would be really fun to play. So basically the way it goes is a PC member starts the game by posting an egg at the top of a thread(not disclosing what is inside), then the game begins. The first poster tries to guess what the egg contents are, if you guess right you win, if you guess wrong, you "drop" the egg and are out of the game. Then the next person tries to guess and either wins or "drops" the egg. The PC member who starts the game may or may not choose to post hints to what is inside the egg. The first person to guess correctly "catches" the egg and wins the game.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I thought this was a Pokemon forum ._.

*Goes to the Q&A section*

It is. However, it also caters discussion that pertains to other stuff too. And besides this get-together isn't a Pokemon anniversary celebration anyway, it's for the 10 years that The PokeCommunity has been up.

BY THE WAY, is there going to be another egg-hunt? If there isn't, then there should be! *cough*nica*cough*plan*cough*it*cough*

EDIT: I mean't scavenger hunt. The Easter event made me confused!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
BY THE WAY, is there going to be another egg-hunt? If there isn't, then there should be! *cough*nica*cough*plan*cough*it*cough*

Nope, I have no plans to launch another egg hunt, not til Easter at least. A scavenger hunt isn't out of the question though, and even so I won't be hosting/planning it because I'm going to be involved in other things that'll take up the majority of my timeee.

Years
I'd like to see the pokemon special abridged event from the 8th together. It seemed quite popular and it was really fun to host too.

I think a game I call "The Great Egg Drop" would be really fun to play. So basically the way it goes is a PC member starts the game by posting an egg at the top of a thread(not disclosing what is inside), then the game begins. The first poster tries to guess what the egg contents are, if you guess right you win, if you guess wrong, you "drop" the egg and are out of the game. Then the next person tries to guess and either wins or "drops" the egg. The PC member who starts the game may or may not choose to post hints to what is inside the egg. The first person to guess correctly "catches" the egg and wins the game.
So you'd be guessing what pokemon would be in the egg or something? Either way I'd want to play it, sounds like a fun recurring game!

Sirfetch’d

I'd like to see the pokemon special abridged event from the 8th together. It seemed quite popular and it was really fun to host too.

So you'd be guessing what pokemon would be in the egg or something? Either way I'd want to play it, sounds like a fun recurring game!

Yeah. You try to guess what pokemon is in the egg. It could be any hatchable pokemon from Bulbasaur and onward!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Nica, when you said the events will be discusses in the IRC channel, do you have a specific time planned out yet?

Oh and I do support the suggested PC history events. (:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nica, when you said the events will be discusses in the IRC channel, do you have a specific time planned out yet?

Oh and I do support the suggested PC history events. (:

Not really, just whenever Jake's on the most later I guess. Not sure if everyone is going to be receptive of GT discussion anyway, lool.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Let's have a competition where you have to find a bad Pokémon fanfic on the Internet, and post a link to it. The person that links to the worst fic wins. No linking to your own fic. (We'd need judges, of course. I'd recommend disqualifying mature content and human/Pokémon pairings, because otherwise people would all link to Rectified Anonymity or something similar.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back