• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah, just a town map would suffice for me. I wouldn't want a map that shows every little thing in a city though, then there would be no fun exploring. It would be cool if they could eventually implement a way for players to join your game, and have certain towns where you and friends could explore. That would be cool imo, kind of Animal Crossing-esque.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
A mini map would be much appreciated. Or they could make the town map useful and have it show a map of the big city/ies when one touches it on the bottom scene.

What I love about RSE's PokeNav is how it is so detailed on where are the following buildings and such so I hope it returns in ORAS and have an interactive map on the bottom screen, maybe one of the features for the PokeNav perhaps?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
What I love about RSE's PokeNav is how it is so detailed on where are the following buildings and such so I hope it returns in ORAS and have an interactive map on the bottom screen, maybe one of the features for the PokeNav perhaps?

PokéNav managed to display landmarks in places with different colours, and the BF map in Emerald was so detailed and accurate. I hope something like that turns up in ORAS, perhaps our own GPS system installed in the PokéNav!

Years
That would be pretty rad. The PokéNav could use some love in ORAS, that's for sure. It was a bit neglected, but did bring some amazing features, like rematching gym leaders. Those should all come back, but the mechanic needs to be refurbished as well, with useful additions like the GPS system mentioned!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yes, I admit a GPS would be good for the larger cities. Lumiose City in XY was a pain to get through sometimes when you had no idea where you were going. xp

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I had to waste money on a cab only to find out the place I was looking for was on street over -_-. At least I know know where the shops since those unnecessary payments entrenched the streets into my mind.

I'll love to see a larger Fortree. Again, I wonder how they'll do the angles of the camera for it.

Years
They can certainly go wild with the camera angles. The extent of thsi feature was showcased quite often in X and Y, and it gave another dimension to the game play, for sure. The mazes outside Parfum Palace, Route 6, and so many other areas became much more intimate thanks to the alteration of the angle. Hopefully, they'll utilize that in ORAS to enhance the old Hoenn maps.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I also hope they made the leaves on the trees in Fortree move as imo it'll make it realistic and also beautiful.

That probably won't make sense unless there's some heavy wind, though. :( I mean, leaves don't always move in real life, do they? Maybe they could make this happen only if there's extreme rainfall, just to make things seem more intense, haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That probably won't make sense unless there's some heavy wind, though. :( I mean, leaves don't always move in real life, do they? Maybe they could make this happen only if there's extreme rainfall, just to make things seem more intense, haha.
It could be light wind, like how some of the flowers in Unova swayed in the light breeze.

Years
Those are small things that I'm sure they'll address along with the graphic overhaul. What I hope they do is include some weather variables, like make Fortree occasionally go under heavy rainfall, and Dewford Town blazing sun; things like that to really bring the environment to life. Game Freak has done a better job with that over the last few generations, but there's still room for improvement.

Years
Those are small things that I'm sure they'll address along with the graphic overhaul. What I hope they do is include some weather variables, like make Fortree occasionally go under heavy rainfall, and Dewford Town blazing sun; things like that to really bring the environment to life. Game Freak has done a better job with that over the last few generations, but there's still room for improvement.

I hope so, it's strange how it can be super stormy as soon as one steps out of a city like Fortree where there was only sun/overcast.

I really like to see what they do to improve the weather conditions in the environment this time around given how it's been done well in the recent generations. Remakes always try to expand upon and improve stuff that were in the originals, it's like giving new life to an old game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Saw this joke on tumblr and thought it was pretty funny!
Spoiler:

Years
I think that'd be a cool way for Jynx to evolve, haha. In another thread I discussed adding a 'selfie' mechanic to ORAS. It's such a popular thing culturally nowadays, it would bring some good publicity to the games and make for some hilarious commercials! n__n If Game Freak could implement something like that, I'd really enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back