• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
This happens everytime I touch the particle table, because the palette location moves.
Thanks for finding it Criminon, I'll include this in the bug fix patch.

So far I've got the Fairy type working perfectly in Emerald, it doesn't replace any of the types, it is fully expanded. I may make a tutorial about how to do this on Emerald, because it's rather different to Fire Red.

I've also expanded all the move and ability tables, and am currently working on decapitalisation and contest data.

After this Touched and myself will be working on putting the new abilities in for Emerald. This may be helpful as Touched and I will likely create new abilities, that I can then port to Fire Red too.

No problem. Glad I could help; having fun playing through again.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
I just updated my rom from 1.4a (no fairy) to 1.5. Since there's no anti-fairy patch anymore, I expected that fairy type should be added to its feature if Im not mistaken. When I checked it, Fairy type is available when editing the types of pokemon. But in-game-wise, the fairy does not work properly and its icon is "-TYPE-". The names of other types were all gibberish. What should I do so it would be compatible on the next update?

Thanks in advance!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I just updated my rom from 1.4a (no fairy) to 1.5. Since there's no anti-fairy patch anymore, I expected that fairy type should be added to its feature if Im not mistaken. When I checked it, Fairy type is available when editing the types of pokemon. But in-game-wise, the fairy does not work properly and its icon is "-TYPE-". The names of other types were all gibberish. What should I do so it would be compatible on the next update?

Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure the update patch updated the type, but didn't outright add everything with it.

I would probably edit out all mentions of Fairy-Type in this case. Shift all Fairy Pokemon back to their previous types, change around all Fairy moves in movesets, etc.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
I've installed your ips patch , and now when I want to open my rom in Advance map , it shows me an error message....

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I've installed your ips patch , and now when I want to open my rom in Advance map , it shows me an error message....
Change the ROM name to BPRE. This is true for most tools that don't have an INI file.

Demynnfire

~ the loveliest ~
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020
There's a minor typo at Fuchsia City's gym signpost, it says Fuchsia Ciyt instad of City. (Yeah pretty minor I know :) )

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Character bypass? Lol
Anyways I'm sorry for not being more descriptive
I'm not sure if it was because I used a save state but Blaze would cause a rain effect whenever I sent Charmander out (updated from 1.4a to 1.5)
Going to do further testing

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Character bypass? Lol
Anyways I'm sorry for not being more descriptive
I'm not sure if it was because I used a save state but Blaze would cause a rain effect whenever I sent Charmander out (updated from 1.4a to 1.5)
Going to do further testing
I think someone else mentioned a similar issue, who ended up there by applying the "main" patch (i.e. the one you apply to a fresh ROM) to a ROM that was patched with 1.4a. Make sure you applied the update patch in the folder marked "1.4a Update" from your 1.5 zip, not just the patch that was in the folder you extracted the contents to. (The patch you should be applying to a ROM that already has 1.4a is named "1.5 Update from 1.4a.ips".)

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
I have been using this patch, but I really wish the new signature moves were included in it, such as Roar of time, Spacial Rend, ect. I cant seem to be able to edit moves using the PGE ini because everytime I use the attack editor in PGE, I get an error message. I already replaced the ini with the one provided, but still fails.

Suzuke of Mystica

Currently updating stuff...
Years
So I screwed up the first time and had to start from a fresh rom....and now I'm confused on how to make it function with the pokedex expansion ability in G3HS, from a fresh 1.5 rombase, can you expand on the original post? maybe pm me a better explanation? Thanks

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
There's a minor typo at Fuchsia City's gym signpost, it says Fuchsia Ciyt instad of City. (Yeah pretty minor I know )

Thank you! I'll fix that for 1.5a

hi there, no release for 1.5a?
No. I have said before I will likely release it with the upcoming Emerald rombase.
The important bug fixes are in the OP.

Cant wait for Normalise, Aerilate, Refrigerate and Pixilate... wow!!!

Thanks! They'll hopefully be in 1.5a.

I have been using this patch, but I really wish the new signature moves were included in it, such as Roar of time, Spacial Rend, ect. I cant seem to be able to edit moves using the PGE ini because everytime I use the attack editor in PGE, I get an error message. I already replaced the ini with the one provided, but still fails.

It says very clearly in the OP to change the rom name from MrDS to BPRE in a hex editor if you wish to use it in other tools. I may consider expanding to 1023 moves, but not at this point.

So I screwed up the first time and had to start from a fresh rom....and now I'm confused on how to make it function with the pokedex expansion ability in G3HS, from a fresh 1.5 rombase, can you expand on the original post? maybe pm me a better explanation? Thanks

This literally doesn't make any sense. I don't know what you mean, at all. Just patch it to Fire Red and open it in G3HS. If you're having problems you're doing something wrong.

Suzuke of Mystica

Currently updating stuff...
Years
Yes, but then you don't get the pokedex expansion function with G3HS, at least for me anyway, and I am using the provided ini file, so could I be doing something wrong? Do I have to rename the MrDS in the 0xAC spot to get this functionality?

I realized my problem shortly after, and fixed it....

Last edited:
Back