• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

StonerMk2

Beginner RMXP User
Years
That was a small error on my part, easily fixed, but not enough to warrant a patch. I'm glad you like it.

Definitely. Was awesome see see things from the other side of the pond. Wish you could be a bit more...."evil" i guess, or bad. Or ya know i can just wait and see whats up next. Lol.

Take it easy Psy

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
I've downloaded the new demo with the intent of running a Nuzlocke challenge. So far so good. I like how you've modified the Selentear tour guide into a Team Rocket spy; it puts a unique spin on the "town layout" information now that it's delivered from the bad guys.

I also noticed that you've added new dialogue for the Rocket grunts. Can't wait to see how that unfolds!

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
You'll love it, I guarantee it. You'll also get to meet a certain mask of ice slave. >.>

Btw, I kinda rushed that event, so if it seems incomplete that's why. I rushed it so I could enter Luka S.J's Game of the Year contest.

thepsynergist

Years
Pokemon Pyrite received third place in Luka S.J.'s Game of the Year contest. I will try harder and I will win for sure next year. By then I hope my game is finished 100%.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Pokemon Pyrite received third place in Luka S.J.'s Game of the Year contest. I will try harder and I will win for sure next year. By then I hope my game is finished 100%.

Your game was great, don't worry about this little technicality :P I'd like to thank you sincerely for participating.

Crazyninjaguy said:
I'm voting for Pokemon Pyrite.
There are quite a few reasons, which i'll now go into.

The first reason is that the storyline has a really in-depth RPG style to it, which i love.
The creator is adding a great deal of thought into the creation of the game to make it different from everyone else's, not by having flashy systems made by someone else, or even by himself, but through things that he's good at. He's actually creating his own music for his game which is something in itself.

The fact that he's using 3rd Generation tilesets may not appeal to people, which is why they may not have voted for him previously. I think this is a bold statement of someone doing this because they love it, and not to be "in the scene" or just having the latest graphics because everyone else is.

The videos are quite professionally put together as well which is a bonus. While there's nothing wrong with a quick Windows Move Maker video, having something special to showcase your game is a great addition.

While the other entries are great, and they've had a lot of work and effort put into them, Pokemon Pyrite has been going for quite a few years, and i'd say that it shows by the amount of thought gone into it.

So yeah, end of rambling, i vote for Pokemon Pyrite :D

Just wanted to show you so you know that there are people fully supporting you :) I know your game will do great anytime it is challenged. I have faith that next year's title will be yours!

thepsynergist

Years
Wow, Crazyninjaguy said that? =3 I will definitely keep working on this game. Thanks for all your support guys. It means a lot.

EDIT: Also, the creator of Xiades said that he'd try and sprite him. Said it'll prolly be done by christmas.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
I'm two badges into my Nuzlocke run of the new demo and I've run into one inconvenient glitch: the healing machine in Bransworth's laboratory will not activate.

Also, I need to make a full investigation into status healing items and berries. I've noticed that some will not activate in battle, and others (such as the PP-restore berry, I can't remember the name) will crash your game if utilized.

thepsynergist

Years
I'm two badges into my Nuzlocke run of the new demo and I've run into one inconvenient glitch: the healing machine in Bransworth's laboratory will not activate.

Also, I need to make a full investigation into status healing items and berries. I've noticed that some will not activate in battle, and others (such as the PP-restore berry, I can't remember the name) will crash your game if utilized.

That's strange, I haven't edited Bransworth's healing apparatis at all... Same with berries and the items... That is very strange indeed... Let me know if you find any thing else.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Here are the errors I've encountered:

Paralyze Heal
-works perfectly outside of battle.
-when Used in a battle you are taken to the Pokemon Team menu. When you select a paralyzed pokemon to heal, the game returns you to the Item Select menu. Paralysis stat is not removed.

Leppa Berry
-works perfectly outside of battle.
-when Used in a battle you are taken to the Pokemon Team menu. When you select a Pokemon, the screen freezes. You remain at the Pokemon Team menu; however, the controls respond as though you were on the Battle Screen: pressing the directional buttons will cycle you through the "Fight, Pkmn, Item, Run" options, and hitting C will confirm the highlighted choice. It is possible to Run from the battle, upon which you are returned to the Overworld map.

thepsynergist

Years
That has to be a pokemon essentials error, since I didn't edit those items at all. I have no idea how to fix that I'm sorry to say... Which sucks, because it makes the game worse off then...

thepsynergist

Years
check its tabs with an awakening and see what changed

I get this code, I can't tell if there's anything wrong since I don't know how the code works...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
they both seem to work fine, but try to look for the paralyz heal one or else I can't help you

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
How cool, first time I've seen RMXP code yet I can totally read it. It's not that much different than C#. Might need to jump on this scripting business.

Does it do any indication of item use when you use the Paralyz heal- potion jingle? or a message "It won't have any effect." pokemon or was cured of paralysis."

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Does it do any indication of item use when you use the Paralyz heal- potion jingle? or a message "It won't have any effect." pokemon or was cured of paralysis."

No, there are no messages or jingles when you use a Paralyze Heal.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
check the chestoberry to see if it has the same result, cuz both are on this script with the same section. If it does, then we'll work on it. If it doesn't, then the error is somewhere else

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Oh neat, so each Elite has his or her own battle music!

I didn't actually watch the video (I'd prefer to maintain a state of surprise regarding my opponents) but the music sounds extremely energetic. Are these original compositions? If they're remixes of existing pokemon themes, I'm not able to place the original melodies.

My favourite piece would have to be the Latin-chanting Champion battle and the background track for the Pokemon League. I really dig that opening trumpet line!

thepsynergist

Years
They are all remixes of music from the Touhou games, a chinese top down shooter on steriods (aka bullet hell). It's a really neat game. While not Pokemon, I still wanted to use those tracks.

Back