• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
how can i change the names of the pokemon? if i change them in pbs/pokemn.txt nothing happens
I assume you mean you want to change the species names, not individual Pokémon names (e.g. having your starter Pokémon and only it be called Wally).

After editing pokemon.txt, did you recompile the game before running it? You compile it by doing a playtest while in RPG Maker XP (where you draw the maps) - it's the big green "play" button at the top on the right.

The way the PBS files work is that they're a temporary set of files that can be easily edited. When you compile the game, the information therein is copied to some other files in a more complicated format (in the Data folder, anything with ".dat" at the end). The game only uses those .dat files while it's playing, not the PBS files. You can edit the PBS files all you want, but if you don't recompile the data (i.e. make new .dat files from them), they'll make no difference to the game.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Hey, all.
Can someone tell me how to delete a save file? Because I find it sad that I've never known how before. I mean, really.
Please do tell. Manually, or not.
Thanks.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
To delete save data you have 3 options.
The first option is to just save over it. But.. that's probably not want you want.
The second is to, while on the title screen, press CTRL + X + Down Key.
The third is to open the game folder and find the file that says Game. You should have, like 4 of these. Delete the one with the blue dragon icon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
at the risk of sounding really dumb is there anyway to empliment an underground script into the starter kit or is that yet to be thought of if the latter is true im going to see if there is anyway to make it ^.^

Years
Not exactly hard took me about 5 minutes to do this in the new starter kit.

Save the graphics I have attatched.
Go to the script PokemonUtilities
Go to line 1444 and this should be on that line:
Code:
   return AnimatedBitmap.new(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg"))
Create a new line and paste in this code:
Code:
 elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA) && ($game_map.map_id==36) #pokemon.item==PBItems::GRISEOUSORB || 
   return AnimatedBitmap.new(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s_alt",species,
      pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
      back ? "b" : "")
   )
And there you go.
And the icons? And there's one thing, i wanted only when the Griseous Orb is holded, but i already fixed that myself. Now i don't know how to change the icons! If you don't know, does someone else know it?

Maruno

Years
And the icons? And there's one thing, i wanted only when the Griseous Orb is holded, but i already fixed that myself. Now i don't know how to change the icons! If you don't know, does someone else know it?
Do the same kind of thing, but in the def immediately below the one you edited, handily called pbLoadPokemonIcon. It doesn't kill you to have a bit of a look on your own before clamouring for help, you know.

The only thing I'll say here is that you won't use the exact same chunk of code. Figure out how to adapt it by yourself.

Years
Do the same kind of thing, but in the def immediately below the one you edited, handily called pbLoadPokemonIcon. It doesn't kill you to have a bit of a look on your own before clamouring for help, you know.

The only thing I'll say here is that you won't use the exact same chunk of code. Figure out how to adapt it by yourself.
I did, but then i don't get a Syntax Error or something, it just doesn't change.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
To delete save data you have 3 options.
The first option is to just save over it. But.. that's probably not want you want.
The second is to, while on the title screen, press CTRL + X + Down Key.
The third is to open the game folder and find the file that says Game. You should have, like 4 of these. Delete the one with the blue dragon icon.

THANK YOU! For a second I thought there was absolutely no way XD
Another problem, guys..

After I tried cng's Dual Screen Script, Pokémon Opal went berserk.. It won't create a new game. It's very, very frustrating..
After a long time of waiting for a response from the application of the game yesterday, it gave me this error:

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonEditor:32:in `get'
PokemonEditor:71:in `pbGetSpeciesConst'
PokemonEditor:507:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonEditor:505:in `each'
PokemonEditor:505:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonEditor:489:in `each'
PokemonEditor:489:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonEditor:486:in `open'
PokemonEditor:486:in `pbSaveTrainerBattles'
PokemonTrainers:67:in `pbConvertTrainerData'
And I don't understand it at all. Please help..

...wtf? I post something and everyone magically disappears, on two different threads?
problem fixed. geez.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I can make a Dependent event and stop it following you, but is there anyway to then use it as an event on the new map? E.G.

Dependent -> go to new map, talk to event -> Dependent character walks off.

I would actually like to no the answer to the above question, i wanted my dependent event, able to be spoken to, it doesn't seem to wanna use the common event and there is no way to control the dependent event on a different map. The notes.html doesn't tell much about dependent events, maybe a little more info about these events would be quite apprechiated.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I would actually like to no the answer to the above question, i wanted my dependent event, able to be spoken to, it doesn't seem to wanna use the common event and there is no way to control the dependent event on a different map. The notes.html doesn't tell much about dependent events, maybe a little more info about these events would be quite apprechiated.

I actually have the solution, you need to edit the common event so when a certain switch occurs it auto-runs whatever needs to be done.

Maruno

Years
I've put a bit of information about dependent events in the wiki page Partner trainer, although it's just a little bit of information (nearly all copied from the notes). It might help, though.

I don't know much about dependent events, but when you make the dependent event stop following you (at a particular place, or by talking at the follower and telling it to stop following in its common event), you can manipulate a new event (stored in a corner of the map out of the way) appear in its place at the same time. Do this by having the follower's common event move the new sprite from its safe position to in front of the player and facing them (by setting its move route). Have one new event per map.

That's just off the top of my head. It's probably more difficult that I've made it sound.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
which part of the script in pokemon actualscene should i edit to delete the enemy trainer appearing after winning/losing a battle? i want to make it so that the trainer stays in the battle scene.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
how would I go about giving an NPC a shiny pokemon? and how do I get an event to tell me, the players trainer id? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
how would I go about giving an NPC a shiny pokemon? and how do I get an event to tell me, the players trainer id? Thanks in advance.
For shiny pokémon, see the wiki page Trainers (look at the bottom of the second table on that page, and also the example just below it).

$Trainer.id is the trainer's ID number. Presuming you're putting it in a text message in an event (rather than in a pbMessage type thing in the scripts), first write the ID number to a variable with $game_variables[42]=$Trainer.id, then put "\v[42]" in the text message. Pick a variable to use for yourself - it should be an otherwise unused one, for minimum confusion.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
thanks Maruno :D, i was trying $trainer.id, forgot it had to be a capital 'T'... i'm trying to create a menu type thing, and im wandering if you'd b able to help me, i'm not makin a new Pokedex or nothing special, just a couple of choices that teleport you elsewhere... if you are willing to help, i would show and explain more to you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
is there anyone who could help me with the scripting over maybe AIM or MSN? scripting is the only RMXP function i genuinely SUCK at and i dont have a scripter for the game yet, so im at a loss. i cant get in game screenshots so i can make a Drawing Board thread, because i cant even get the testrun to play anymore, even though i havent changed a single script. everytime i try to open the testrun, i end up getting this:

---------------------------
PokemonLunarVoid
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `play' for #<RPG::SE:0x1284910 @volume=80, @name="Choose", @pitch=100>

SpriteWindow:790:in `pbSEPlay'

SpriteWindow:852:in `pbPlayDecisionSE'

PokemonMessages:1366:in `pbMessageDisplay'

PokemonMessages:996:in `pbMessage'

Compiler:3980:in `pbImportNewMaps'

Compiler:3990

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
and after that it just stays on a black screen with a blank message box and i cant do anything

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Im still wondering how to change the font size because I want to disable the feature of changing screen size, but i cant do that until i learn how to change font sizes >.>

IGNORED>.> y do i try o.o

Last edited:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hey, is there anyway to use "menu_index" for horizontal menu's? I'm trying to make a PokeGear in which the buttons go from right to left instead of up to down. I could also do it by making my own variable, but I was wondering if "menu_index" could also be used for horizontal menu's...

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
How can i check Pokemon species in battle? Like lugia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back