• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Teaser screenshot:
Screenshot201.png
Wow, Wichu! Beautiful new screenshot! I like how you use new, floral, elegant tiles, and manage to crowd them in there.
Good luck with Pokémon Amethyst, Wichu! It's progressing well. :]

Oh, one thing that could be fixed are the two plants in front of the Pokémon Center.
They look somewhat 2-dimensional, and they are quite bright for the type of style you are using.

Years
Wichu Great screen, I like the tiles you used.
Is it you who sprited those, or is it somebody else ?

Edit: I think the 2 plants infront of the pokecenter look great.
It makes it look abit normal instead of the same colour over and over again.
Maybe shade it abit better, but I like it this way.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Everything looks great, the only thing that sort of bothers me is how far apart the Heroine's eyes are apart. I don't know what you could do to change that though, I know how moving 1 pixel ruins the whole thing XD;;

Aside from that minor detail, I love everything :3 I see you finally got around to 'redoing the houses' of that town lool.

~Äkumà~

Vampire Boy
Years
Hey i can't wait till your done on this game i can't wait to try it out=) looks so amazing i wish i had the spirts and tile to make something like this

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Oh, one thing that could be fixed are the two plants in front of the Pokémon Center.
They look somewhat 2-dimensional, and they are quite bright for the type of style you are using.
Thanks for noticing, I'll work on it.
Everything looks great, the only thing that sort of bothers me is how far apart the Heroine's eyes are apart. I don't know what you could do to change that though, I know how moving 1 pixel ruins the whole thing XD;;
That's true. I don't suppose you'd want it like this?
screenshot201xy0.png

Of course, I'm joking :P
But it's hard trying to get it to look good without copying D/P exactly. If you take a look at some Sugimori art of a trainer, then the eyes are pretty far apart. I think I got it pretty close.

Anyway, I've created a development forum for Amethyst; if anyone wants to help out, have a look! Anyone already on the team (i.e. in the first post), PM me here once you register, and I'll give you access to the staff forum.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
This looks great so far mate, voted 5 star ;) only thing I can really fault you on is the fakemon, there is only one I like. But I'm fussy like that :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Hahahaha.
I was about to reply with my thoughts on the characterset eyes "issue", but then noticed one of the tags for this thread is "awesomeness" lol.
Got distracted lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Hahahaha.
I was about to reply with my thoughts on the characterset eyes "issue", but then noticed one of the tags for this thread is "awesomeness" lol.
Got distracted lol.

That wasn't me... really. What were you going to say about it?

Oh, and I've been playing Ranger recently. If you think the eyes look too far apart in Amethyst, don't play Ranger :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
Yeah but, They are pretty far apart. and in pokemon ranger since they are so
tall it looks almost normal.
but for some one that small, It looks wierd

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
That wasn't me... really. What were you going to say about it?

Oh, and I've been playing Ranger recently. If you think the eyes look too far apart in Amethyst, don't play Ranger :P

Yeah, Ranger's cool.

I was going to say something like:

I don't really mind how far the eyes are apart. You have a different look for your game, which I love. It makes it stand out. So I would actually be FOR using the wider eye gap (hey, its the little things that matter). The only thing that would be worrying would be you would have to re-do every NPC sprite too so that it fits.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
That's why I'm trying to recruit some OW spriters to help out. One thing I noticed is that nearly all Pokémon fangames, even if the rest of the graphics are custom, use OWs from an existing game. Even Kyledove's MMORPG, despite otherwise being completely custom, uses D/P style OWs. I thought I should change that.

Waudby

That's why I'm trying to recruit some OW spriters to help out. One thing I noticed is that nearly all Pokémon fangames, even if the rest of the graphics are custom, use OWs from an existing game. Even Kyledove's MMORPG, despite otherwise being completely custom, uses D/P style OWs. I thought I should change that.

Actually, Kyledove's are custom, if you look at the sprites in comparison to the D/P ones there are clear difference between the two.

I think there's always got to be a style of graphics for a fangame, but they are definitely custom.

Same with the new sprites for Odyssey.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years

It's just the hassle of it all ya know. Edits are common, but scratch overworld (in terms of style I mean) has never really been done (I remember seeing a game about a year ago that has a new style, but noone ever got past making a hero sprite)

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Phew...(After hours of reading from the beginning)

Wow, It's excelent! And I've a question:
1. Could I change the screen size bigger? Because it's too small for me (I played Scarlet). The size is same, right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Amethyst uses DS resolution, while Scarlet uses GBA resolution, so it will be slightly bigger.
But there will be an option to increase the screen size; it was in Scarlet as well, but I'll make it clearer in Amethyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back