• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Indigo Rogers
Infirmary

Flashes of strange, unfamiliar images were flying through Indigo's mind as he lay upon the infirmary bed. He was still unawakened from the incredible knockout he had bestowed upon himself at his and Shion's battle. Once again: an incredibly stupid idea. Though it seemed to be having unnecessary side effects, in the realm of his dreams.

He saw burning flames around him... an unpredictable inferno that seemed to swirl around him as he stood alone in his unrecogniseable surroundings. He heard screams... people were being hurt, that much was apparent... but by what? The fire? Or something even worse... Those didn't sound like the screams of someone merely burning alive, if that was even possible. These screams were filled with more than just pain... anguish... sorrow... such emotions also lined the vividly detailed screaming.

"INDIGO!"

His eyes snapped open. Indigo lied quietly for a moment on the infirmary bed. What had that been about? Just a nightmare? Maybe he didn't have as much confidence in himself as he had originally thought. Then again, he had almost just killed himself and nearly committed murder in a poorly-conceived attempt to save his pride; that might have had something to do with it.

Something caught his attention and kept him conscious—a blurred-out silhouette, sitting on the bed next to him. The voluptuous body of a young woman, he could guess, and there were no clothes to speak of covering her chest.

Is my luck changing? he wondered... but his eyes wouldn't clear up the view. Indigo squinted and blinked a few times, trying to force his eyes to focus without disturbing the vulnerable lass, and began to see the pale-peach skin of her arms, the long and fiery dark-red hair, and just as he could begin to properly see and appreciate the curve of her chest, he noticed wrapping—her chest to halfway down her midriff was completely covered in sterile bandaging. From the disappointment, coupled with the pain he himself was suffering from the explosion, Indigo couldn't help but let out a groan.

Crap.

His blue-eyed beauty turned his way for only a moment, briefly grew wide-eyed, and Indigo could swear he saw her face showing off a luminescent blush before his already-broken ribs were punched for the second time this day and he was out once again.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono

The Rec Center

Shima was surprised at Yuri's honesty. It was nice to hear that they were somewhat similar. Each of us has been lonely for awhile. She thought to herself. Shima lifted her cup, and took anotther sip before begining to speak. "It's nice to know I'm not bothering you." She gave Yuri a happy smile, and took another sip of tea. When Yuri asked her question, Shima lost her smile. She hadn't thought about how to answer this question, and she didn't think she'd have to. She was losing it. She took another sip of tea, and was pretty sure her hands were shaking. After setting the cup down and relaxing a bit, she gave the girl a sad smile and began to speak.

"When I was little, I loved talking to people and interacting with them. I loved playing with my friends, and spending time with my mom and dad. Just like a 'normal' kid. When I turned ten, I began to have weird things occur around me. Then, one day I got angry at my parents in the kitchen. My mom said something and I got mad, and all of a sudden all the magnets on the fridge smacked onto me. When my mom and dad tried to remove them, they said the felt some kind of pull. They decided to take me to a doctor, and when I tried to look at his stethoscope it ripped from his neck and stuck to my hand. He called me a 'cursed' child. And said I was 'possessed' and to never bring me there again. After that, when I came home from school the next day.. When I came home the next day they were gone. The day after that they didn't come back. Days past an I gave up. I was.. Alone."

Shima picked up her cup, and took a sip of tea. She looked at Yuri and gave her a weak smile. "Pretty nice, huh? She said sarcastically. She looked around the Rec center, and formed a needle from her wristband. She molded it back, and looked to Yuri once more. "Your not that bad by the way. You said you were the weakest. If that were true, you could've never landed a hit on me."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I take a small sip of tea while listening to Shima's tragic story. I felt remorse for her, for when my parents discovered I could shift the water, they weren't scared, but supportive. I never understood how much I took that for granted, and perhaps other people in the school are like her, with nonsupporting families. It's so sad when you think about it.

"Your not that bad by the way. You said you were the weakest. If that were true, you could've never landed a hit on me."

"I don't know... I couldn't do it again. I guess you scared me a little back there that I found self defence my only way out of it. Sorry if I hurt you. In fact I think I hurt you more than you managed to hurt me." I feel a bit ashamed that I've only now realized this. I forfeited before I could actually get hurt, she didn't forfeit even though I kicked her in the face and hit her with boiling hot water. She is really strong-willed.

"I think I'm going to take a bath, things have been really rough today. Ah a warm bath, soaking the skin." Oh I completely forgot again, I just hit Shima with boiling hot water, so that might still be stinging.

"Oh sorry, I forgot about the burn. Hang on, let me get you something from the infirmary quickly, I know a good way to cure burns with aloe vera and water." I go ahead and hum away to the infirmary, bringing back a cup of water and an aloe vera plant. Without even asking, I use my dissolve spell, add a pinch of salt, and form some form of paste, which I then pass to Shima in the cup. She can handle herself surely, and might find it a bit intimidating if I do it for her.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono

The Rec Center >> Gymnasium

Shima got the cup, and did her job. She waited for Yuri to finish, and helped the best way she could. After the girl was done, Shima took another sip of tea, and downed the rest. It didn't sting anymore at least, and Yuri seemed satisfied. Shima fiddled with her wristband, and made a little knife before molding it back. Maybe it wasn't so bad having friends after all. She thought to herself. She looked around the Rec Center, and noticed a few things. There were all kinds of means for entertainment here. Mainly a TV is what she noticed, but there were other things as well. She stood over by the door, and waited before begining to speak. "Alright, see ya." She took the opportunity to thank Yuri for the tea and moved on, looking at the places she passed.

***​

She headed to the Gym, and decided to practice at the far corner. With everyone having their matches she saw no reason why not. She entered the Metal Field, and looked at the different metals. Iron was nice, but she liked the steel on the cage of the field. She toyed around with the metal, checking which type of metal was the best to use for her needles. The silver I have now is slower than the Iron ones. Maybe.. Undoing her wristbands, she switched the silver with the Iron. "There. Now I have Iron wristbands." She smirked to herself. She formed needles with her old wristband metal, and stuck them to her arm. She fired them like missiles, and continued to play for awhile.

Shima wanted to try some thing new, so she tried to think of a shape(A SHARP shape). She broke off a piece of her wristband, and pictured a knife. She held the metal in both hands, and tried to shape the image in her mind. The knife came out perfect, except the handle was sharp, and she had to reshape it many a time to get the right handle. Shima played around, and had fun until she started getting a little bored. She molded her wristbands back to her arm, and removed herself from the gymnasium.​

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Eric Long's CSS

Eric Long

"I don't think I can do that, but I can try…"

Eric watched intently to see if the boy had the control to mold a sphere, but Michael's first attempt left a lot to be desired. He drew water from a bottle, which was a good start, but his control fluctuated and by the time the last drop was in the air the water came tumbling back down to earth. That wasn't usually a good sign, but Eric continued to watch as Michael made another attempt to control the water. This attempt was much better as Michael was able to form a, all be it wobbly, ball. After a short couple of seconds the ball collapsed back to the ground. It must've frustrated Michael, because soon after the water in the water fields began to ebb and flow. Waves crashed back and forth, appearing to gain severity. Either Eric would have to neutralize the hydromancy or he'd have to convince Michael to calm down. He knew that stopping Michael by force would only damage the boy's already fragile emotional state and could ruin any potential he had.

"Michael, there's no reason to feel down right now. A lot of students have trouble performing on the first day; it's part of learning. I can tell that you're feeling nervous, so maybe it'd be a good idea for you to relax a bit." Eric smiled to reflect his easy going nature. "Is there anything special that you may know or do? Anything that could make you feel more comfortable is fine."

Eric took a gamble on Michael being able to reel himself back into control, but even he wasn't sure if that was the right decision. One way or another he knew he'd find out.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Gymnasium
x
CHAPTER I,
Part III:

"Behind the Vale"

"Michael, there's no reason to feel down right now. A lot of students have trouble performing on the first day; it's part of learning. I can tell that you're feeling nervous, so maybe it'd be a good idea for you to relax a bit. Is there anything special that you may know or do? Anything that could make you feel more comfortable is fine."

Michael looked up and around, seeing the mess of waves and craziness he was causing. This scared him for a moment, but as soon as he saw it, all of the water fell. He was feeling anxiety, as the school flashbacks kept repeating in his head. "Uh, something I do?... Um..." He froze. He knew exactly what to do, but he'd only ever done it in front of the man who taught him. Embarrassment flooded over him, but he reluctantly decided he'd have to do it if he wanted to prevent something terrible from happening. Exhaling, Michael closed his eyes, and began to perform Tai Chi. Part Horse's Mane, White Crane Spreads Wings, Bush Knee Wrist Step. Michael followed the motions from pose to pose, his eyes closed, and his mind cleared. Unbeknownst to him, the water had risen up, swirled around his body, and followed each of his poses and movements exactly. It was a magnificent display, as though Michael and the water were one.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Crystal Nightwish

Gym - Metal Field Entrance

Crystal waited for his answer, and was a bit surprized and amused when he proposed a fight in the metal cage, even explaining that he wouldn't need to use the cage for his spells, Crytal smiled a bit, still paying attention to the current fight in the earth field.

"I must say, though, that I'm not really looking forward to this," he said to her softly, "I'm not much of a combatant or anything. I was taught to show respect, especially to ladies such as yourself." Crystal was a bit amused at his words and smiled a bit, him being the second person that had ever called her "Lady".

Crystal got closer to him smiling. -Well, to be honest, neither am I, not like that at least.- Crystal points at the current fight.

-But some fun while testing my power, now that I am lookign forward to, so try and have fun as well.- Crystal began to walk in the direction of the caged field, glancing back to take a look at Jason before talking again. -So you comming or what.- Not waiting for an answer, she continued to walk away.

-Oh, by the way, you might find out I'm not at all like the stereotypical lady, so you better not underestimate me, or you will get hurt.- Crystal smiled as she reached the gate entrace to metal field.

Just as she reached the gate, a huge explosion was heard, this made Crystal look back at the earth field, just to see a cloud of smoke and dust and debris flying in al directions.

As the dust cloud settled an anouncement was heard. "Winner,Shion Igna!". Crystal was amazed at the size of the explosion as a smile appeared on her face. -Amazing, simply amazing.- Crystal's eyes now wide open with excitement. -Now that's what I call raw power.-

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono

The Hallways

Shima roamed the halls, and looked at everything she passed. There were all kinds of places in the main building, but so far she still hadn't seen the dorms. She wanted to look at everything, and to know her way around the Institute. She committed her path to memory, remembering the route she had followed. The infirmary is back to the south, and the Rec Center is near the infirmary. She reminded herself. She took a few more steps, and noticed the rooms up ahead. Are those the dorms? She walked forward, and looked at the rooms. There were all kinds of them, ranging from the mancer elements. There was a kinds of cool things in them. There were computers and beds, and a little more.

After she completed her examination of the dorms, she walked off, wanting to see more. The dorms had great furnishings, and the room sizes were decent. Shima was only interested in the computers however. She loved the internet, since she could get more weapon ideas from it. In fact, if she recalled correctly, the internet was the first place she had learned about acupuncture needles. Shima let out a sigh, and began to fantasize about her needles. The twinkle in her eyes said enough, and after reviewing the needles' details and structure, she moved on.

Shima liked the school so far. The place had all sorts of helpful things and tools. It was a great place for mancers. The dorms were built specifically, there were specific training fields, hell, she wouldn't be surprised if they had specific foods. Shima was convinced she had made the right choice by coming here, but thinking back to her conversation with Yuri, her mind began to race. Most of the students probably have supporting families like Yuri. She thought. It would have been easier to cry right then, but of course brave Shima would suck it up and be strong. She went on her way, and eventaully found the classrooms.

Are they element specific as well? Shima wondered.​

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan Steele and Kayla Wash

Fightning...

She wasn't even sure how it had turned into a fight. When she agreed to go here, she had not thought it would be a school for combat training. Kayla only remebered the first half of the speech given by her principal, she had stopped after hearing "Nathan Steele vs Kayla Wash." and began thinking of a reason she couldn't do it. Her control of her powers was much greater in water, but she didn't have any real combat experience. She sighed, knowing there was no way she would ge out of it. She sought out her partner, finding a person who was not pairked up. "Hello, I'm Kayla Wash." She said kindly and excitedly, "Do you happen to be Nathan Steele?"

Nathan was looking around, starting to feel slightly annoyed. Where was that girl? She was supposed to find him for God's sake. But then a random person came up to him and he found out she was his opponent and she looked kinda...frail. He looked intensively at her, wondering if it was right to go full force on her. "What? You..are you sure you want to do this? I'd hate to have to beat you." And he was actually serious.

Kayla laughed, "If you don't want to beat me then you should just throw, I don't think I should just quit ya know." He was about six inches taller than her. "Seriously though, I can't get out of this, so could I at least choose the arena?" The boy was physically pretty skinny, but she had no doubt he was somewhat strong by the way he spoke. "Also I am a water Mage."

She dared to laugh at him. She didn't know what was in store for her as he wouldn't hold back. He smiled at her. "Well, I won't hold back so be careful. Also since I'm a gentleman, you may choose the field." He continued to smile, maybe she'd provide good exercise seeing as she was determined to fight him.

Kayla was slightly intimidated by the smile but bowed a bit, "Thank you." She said, "If you don't mind, I choose the water arena, too bad you won't hold back though, you might hurt me pretty bad." Kayla sighed. At least in the water arena she would have the magic advantage.

But she was naive it seemed. Why would she need to bow for him? He knew he was awesome but still... She chose the water arena. She was going to be in her element so he better watch out. "I won't hurt your pretty face too badly." He said with a smirk.

Arrogant kid, She thought, "Then I'll meet you on the field!" She ran and dived into the water. While under, she took a deep and satisfying breath. She much more preferred water over surface air, though knew that being under water forever would be unhealthy for her. She swam to the far end and came up on the other side. "I'm ready to start!" She called waving.

Nathan looked at the arena she chose. The water one, why am I not surprised at all? He jumped carefully on a platform, it shook a little with him. Keeping balance while fighting her could be really tricky. I need to finish this fast or else... He nodded, signaling he was ready as well.

As soon as he gave the signal she dived into the water as if it was a swimming race. Win this now or never. she thought. She went near his platform and propulsed herself into the air several feet, making the platform wet and harder to balance on. She then landed on an adjacent platform and raised her arms, signaling her first spell. A water clone rose from the water and walked across it onto her platform.

That girl sure wasn't a fan of waiting. She jumped up and got his platform wet. As if it wasn't hard enough to stay on it. Thanks for making it harder, woman. For a mere second, he considered using his spell but it wasn't worth that. More challenge for him! He straightened himself carefully. He noticed her water clone and prepared his Man of Steel spell. Hopefully, he'd be able to hit her.

Is he preparing a spell as well? She thought, I Won't give hime the chance! She projected the clone closer to him and did a right hook, the clone immitating her movements. "Not so fast!"

He smirked, she fell right into the trap. There was no way she could avoid his attack. He avoided her punch at the right moment and counter-attacked with an uppercut with his Man of Steel spell. I sure hope her clone doesn't resist that.

The clone was obliterated on impact. Kayla sighed, Getting close to that is risky, but water will only get him all wet. She had no doubt she was faster than him as long as she used her clones for switching and not fighting. I'll need to go underwater after every swift attack, otherwise he may be able to beat me by stamina. She projected another clone behind him and instantly took its place. She projected another clone on the platform behind her for safety. She took three swift punches at his back before jumping back to the edge of the platform. She doubted her punches hurt much, but they could add up.

As soon as he punched the clone, it exploded. He sighed and deactived his spell. He couldn't risk running low on Energy at all. Then he noticed more clones, one was behind him. Before he could even react, he felt 3 punches on his back, they were light. Not very strong. He turned around. "Was this supposed to hurt?" He prepared another spell. Let's finish this.

"Eeep!" She said, taking the place of her clone and diving into the water. If I get him into the water, I could do a lot more damage, but I won't be able to control it. She thought while circling the platform. I'll just have to rust the metal man, She jumped out of the water, splashing him once more, and then landing with a roll on the platform. She projected a clone behind him again and waited for him to attack her.

Nathan was kinda annoyed, he was expecting a fight bbut she kept hiding whenever he wanted to attack and he couldn't take a lot of time. That is really frustrating. He couldn't keep his spell on for a long period of time. Then she went out of the water and splashed water on him. He was really pissed. He saw her behind him, not knowing if it was a clone or not. He threw his right fist onto her. If it was the real her, he'd use his spell.

Kayla messed up. For a single second she had a lapse in her reaction time. It was to be expected though, she had not been in a real fight before, and she shouldn't have lasted this long. He made contact with her face and she was sent flying back into the water. She didn't move for a few seconds, completely stunned.

Was she unconscious? How could a simple punch like this stun her? Maybe she was quite weak. He sighed happily, thinking the fight was over. Though when she didn't emerge from the water, he was a little worried. What's going on down there? He approached the water but apparently not with enough precaution as he slipped on the wet platform and fell in the water. And he reminded one painful detail : he didn't know how to swim.

Kayla laid in the water rubbing her face. She did not want to fight anymore, as soon as she would have surfaced, she would have quit. The problem with her plan came when her oppenent fell in. At first she assumed he would swim back up, but then she realized he was sinking. Of course he can't swim she thought. She jet streamed through the water to him, grabbing his arm and then dashing to the surface. She had to control the water in order to throw him on the platform, and then sat next to him. "Why agree to a water arena if you can't swim?" She asked nicely.

He had never been so ashamed in his life. Losing was one thing but getting rescued by your opponent was the worst thing ever. This wasn't the happy ending he expected, not at all. And worst, she seemed to pity him. "I agreed because I wanted to and I said you'd choose the arena, I always respect my word. Shall we continue then?"

"I don't think so." She replied, "You are at a major disadvantage and I do not want to fight anymore." She sighed, "Why not just end this in a draw? You can save your pride, and I can get out of this."

True, he wasn't well advantaged in this fight. He'd only lose if he kept going and he wasn't stupid enough to keep going on. But that didn't mean his pride was intact. "Fair enough. But you owe me a fight." He said with an half-smile, half-smirk.

"Well I can agree to that." She answered, "In the mean time I can teach you how to swim, I am a master at it." She held her hand out to close the deal, "Deal?" She asked.

He couldn't believe it. Why would she even help him? Normally he'd refuse but this would probably help him later on. He took her hand, half-heartedly. "Deal I guess and why would you even help me?"

She shrugged, "It's the nice thing to do, and besides its not like I got other friends to kill time with." Kayla also just loved having a reason to be in the water and swim.

She was starting to get a little too far in his space, even calling him a friend. He coughed. "It's okay but don't expect me to be the friendliest guy of the planet, it's just some teaching." That's what he hoped at least.

JP by JNathan and Khawill

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Jason Barrett - Metal Field

Jason couldn't help but smile as Crystal spoke, even more so when she came close to him. She also was nervous, but thought about the fun they could have testing each other. She also told him not to underestimate her, which he immediately buried in his skull to remember it. It seemed to be the fight that just finished that seemed to spur and excite her as she entered the field. Though he was nervous about the whole situation, he approached the caged field and took a moment to notice that the bars were about average thickness. He swallowed hard and slowly stepped inside, allowing the door to shut behind him.

As he looked around his new surroundings, a new feeling washed over him. Giddiness, excitement, the feeling of adrenaline...all this washed over him at once. He suddenly felt a rush that he had never before felt. Jason was anticipating this test more than anything. He looked at Crystal and smiled, "I don't underestimate anyone. It may very well be that you could probably beat me." He winked at her as he moves into a fighting stance, both arms down and his left side facing her. He hides his right hand behind him, out of her view. He smiles and nods," I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised with what I can do. Whenever you're ready, milady!" He stood, ready for the signal to begin.

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Christian Miles & Zane Reav
Battle Royale

Zane was ready, he had been briefed on what the school was and he knew that there were others like him, well, sorta. Apparently, he was a bit unique even among these people called "Mancers" or whatever. He didn't care, at least he didn't right now. The only thing that mattered to him was that he was supposed to duel some kid named Christian Miles. For some reason it sounded like a rich kid name to him, kinda like when someone's first name is James. It just sounds rich, that's all there is to it.

Zane didn't worry about the name for long though, as his mind quickly became attached to the idea of planning for the duel. It was just something he felt inclined to do, and knowing Zane he wouldn't leave it alone if he was interested in it. Originally, his plan involved using one of the fields with all boulders. He figured it would be harder to attack, but he could play defense as hard as he wanted, which was one of the things he preferred. After all, it was pretty difficult to fight back when blinded and deaf for ten or so seconds. Unfortunately, both of those fields were claimed by two of the quicker pairs, which aggravated Zane to no end. That left him with much worse choices, in his opinion. The water field and air field were too unstable to have any consistent attack, while the fire and metal field were really open nullifying most of his defenses. In the end he figured the metal field would probably provide the most for him. If he wasn't going to be able to use his defenses fully he would make do, even if it meant taking collateral damage.

Moments later, Zane walked off to inspect the metal cage that surrounded one of the fields. That's when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to notice another boy, approximately his age from the looks of it, just standing there.

"So, you Zane Reav?" asked Christian.

"Hmm? Oh, uh, yeah. I'm Zane. So I guess you're Christian? You willing to have a cage fight?" Zane pointed at the metal field, smiling.

Christian nodded in affirmation. Christian knew that he could have an advantage in the cage, nowhere to run or hide in a cage, which played to his liking. It only took a couple of clean hits and he could beat anyone. All he had to do was force this Zane kid to play close and the match was as good as his. A small grin managed to show through his cool exterior, clearly indicating his competitive nature was starting to flare.

They both started to walk into the cage before noticing the loud noises and splashes of the other matches. Regardless of who you were it was unnerving to think about it. The cries and cheers from one of the matches were also intensifying both Zane and Christian's composure. That's when they noticed many of the aforementioned crowd was starting to gather around them. Whispers could be heard from a handful of them.

"Are these guys the ones in the rumors?"

"I heard only one set shows up every fifty years."
"I wonder if it's true about them being crazy strong."

These were the kinds of things that could be heard from the crowd, but neither Zane nor Christian paid much attention to it. They could only focus on the task at hand. Each had their own reason for being here, and they both didn't want to accept a loss so early on in the school year. Zane's breathing became heavier as one of the teachers, an older man that he heard was called Paul Sandford, began counting down.

"Good Luck." Zane gestured.

"Luck? I don't need luck." Christian retorted.

As soon as the countdown hit zero Christian launched an enormous attack. A large all-encompassing wave of darkness shot out of him. The attack was way too fast for anyone to react to, but it also caught the crowd. The people in the front probably only felt a pressure wave, since the cage should have taken quite a bit of the blow, but Zane wasn't as lucky. He was struck full force and was launched back into the cage behind him. His frame left an indent in the metal to match the blow. Ironically, the cage hurt more than actually attack, but the wave pushed him with a surprising amount of force.

Once Zane regained his composure and gave the teacher a thumbs-up to signify he was alright. Right then and there Zane knew this wasn't a joke and that he'd have to pull out all the stops if he wanted to win. He took a traditional stance that he had practiced, both feet parallel, one arm outstretched, finger gun aimed. The pose reminded him of aiming a shotgun; touch the barrel to the object and shoot. That was literally the best way to describe it. Christian gave a look of astonishment to what he was witnessing. That's when Zane muttered the word "bang" and a beam of light struck Christian faster than his eyes could register the shot. The shot landed firmly on Christian's left shoulder, and upon further inspection the shot went clear through his shoulder, just like a bullet.

Christian grabbed his shoulder for a few seconds before prepping his next spell. A shroud of darkness started to envelop Christian until he was completely covered. After casting the spell he just stood there, nonchalantly watching the crowd, who seemed stunned. Zane wasn't even sure what was going on with this new spell so he fired off a few more light beams to see if they'd do anything. A bit to his surprise the shots went straight through Christian, almost as if wasn't even there. Two more shots were fired to confirm what Zane pretty much already knew.

"You know, it won't help to waste your time shooting me. When I'm like this I'm untouchable."

It didn't make sense to Zane. If Christian couldn't be hit then why wasn't he attacking himself? There had to be a catch, that or this Christian kid was one of the types who made their opponent realize how hopeless their chances were. The latter didn't seem likely, 'cause those types took every chance to talk that they could.

"You can't hit me either, can you?"

Christian didn't say anything to that statement, which pretty much confirmed Zane's suspicions.

"Heh, I bet that means you can't stay like that very long, especially if you want to win."

Christian knew it was only a matter of time before his Shadow Forme would give out, which left him with only a couple of options to retaliate. The wound from the gunshot earlier was also starting to take a toll on his left arm. He decided to give one last blitz to give him the advantage and, hopefully, the win.

"Don't worry about me. I can stay like this as long as I want to."

He didn't give Zane any time to respond as he disabled his Shadow Forme and launched another one of those Dark Waves. This time the crowd and Zane seemed prepared for it as they braced for the attack, but the attack was just a distraction for Christian to get close enough to use his clutch spell. Shadows and darkness surrounded his hands resembling vicious tiger claws. Christian was only a few feet away from Zane at this point and in a single moment made a quick slashing motion with both of his hand-claws. Zane was caught off guard, just as Christian had planned. One of the claws connected with Zane's right hand, cutting it rather severely. To make matters worse Zane couldn't move his hand anymore, but he couldn't understand why. It wasn't until he looked at Christian that it started to make sense. Christian started to move his left hand, and almost as if connected by a thread Zane's hand mirrored. Somehow Christian's spell had taken over Zane's hand, and it didn't take long for Zane to figure out how bad not having control over his hand could be. Luckily, the arm in control of Zane's hand had been damaged to a point where Christian probably couldn't use it effectively.

Christian didn't wait long to go back on the attack as he started to go for the other hand. The main difference now was that Zane knew what to expect, and as such he could retaliate. Christian wasn't the only one with a trump card, and now was the time for Zane to play them both. The distance between them was only about a foot; Christian was lunging with his right claw when instantly Zane disappeared only to reappear a few feet away. It took a few moments for Christian to realize what happened. Somehow Zane moved at a speed that Christian's eyes couldn't keep track of. That's when Zane really started to make it hard to see him. He'd disappear and reappear constantly, making it nearly impossible to figure out where he was. It eventually got to the point where he was basically circling Christian, almost as if he was playing with him. It was pretty much futile, but Christian swung at thin air trying to predict where Zane would be. Zane realized that Christian was retaliating to his attacks and finally decided to stop playing around. He positioned himself a few feet in front of Christian, making sure he was far enough away. Then his body started to glow. The glow instantly became a flash strong enough to overwhelm any eyes watching, to make it worse the flash was accompanied by a deafening sound wave. Christian collapsed to the ground from sensual overload. Zane simply held a finger gun to Christian's face while he was dazed on the ground, the teacher called the fight instantly and gestured Zane to put his hand down.

The fight was over, and after about thirty seconds Christian regained his senses, realizing he lost. Zane held out his hand to help Christian back to his feet, which he obliged in. A quick pull and Christian was back on his feet. At this point they realized the crowd was speechless before breaking out in applause, which they gave a couple of nonchalant waves to.

"Heck of a fight. If you'd hit my other hand you probably would've won."

"Yeah, it was close. You have to give me a rematch sometime."

"Sure thing."

They quipped back and forth for a while about the match, but their wounds required one of the school nurses to attend to. Zane needed to be checked for broken bones and Christian needed the bullet hole healed. Mr. Sandford escorted them out of the gym towards the infirmary. They both could've sworn they heard someone yell out something about how ridiculous their fight was, which in retrospect it was pretty crazy thinking about magic fights. Mr. Sandford tilted his head to the side a bit.

"That was a pretty good fight you two, but then again I guess it should be expected from you two."

Christian and Zane just looked at each other, puzzled by the old teacher's words.

"Ah, I guess you wouldn't know, but you two are a rarity. Probably the first Luxomancer and Noxamancer since the Bastion twins' way back in World War II. I honestly didn't believe it when Headmaster Vale told me about you two this morning. She told me to specifically judge your match, and I'm glad I did. The match was raw, but the potential was wonderful. That wave spell and light gun were very unique, though a bit cliché I suppose."

They listened intently to Mr. Sandford until they finally arrived at a door with a cross above the door. He gestured that they go inside, which they were hesitant to do.

"Go on, you boys need to be checked on, especially you," he pointed at Christian. "That hole in your shoulder won't go away on its own, you know."

Reluctantly they oblige.
A Joint Post By Dements and Colony

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024

Indigo could have, in better circumstances, thanked the girl for her brutal punch. The sleep he was forced into was proving much more peaceful than the previous; it was a relaxed slumber with naught a single nightmare to interrupt. Alas, it was fated to end quickly, as that was the second bout with unconsciousness he had encountered that day. As such, Indigo managed to wake up in record time. He was much more cautious about it, too, slowly parting his eyelids instead of bursting open. He was at least able to figure out what he was looking at before risking another knockout.

In front of him was the girl who'd punched his already-damaged ribs, her hair unmistakable. He quickly realised in his half-conscious stupor that she was the very same girl as the one he'd battled with (and lost to) not much earlier. He needed to be more sensitive about announcing his wakefulness, to keep her from punching him for the third time just today. He didn't think his sides could take any more pain, either.

Rather than making a noise, or opening his eyes completely, Indigo closed his eyes and stirred in the bed despite the pain it brought him. The bandages around his ribs seemed to reduce the pain he felt. They felt wet—did the nurses use healing magic or something? He wouldn't put it beyond them. Regardless, he caught Shion's attention and didn't get punched! (Yay!)

She remained in a chair next to his bed, wearing more than bandages this time with her cardigan and a clean skirt and socks. A paperback book was in one hand, and a cup of hot tea in the other. Smelled like peppermint. Indigo sat up in the bed, wincing and gripping his side, and when he opened his eyes a cup of tea was held in front of him. Taking it in his hands, he muttered, "Um... thank you. Did you prepare this?"

After a nod of affirmation, she started speaking. "The nurse wanted me to stay in here for you to wake up." Her tone was still rather quiet and blunt, but geniune. "Sorry... for punching you again. Y-You didn't see anything, did you?"

Indigo would have surely responded with some smug remark or charming one-liner. He didn't get a chance however, before Shion gave him a damage assessment, as though she knew the answer. Hell, if it wasn't the right answer she could've easily just punched the memory out of him. "You have two broken ribs, as well as a broken leg—four places." He remembered the pain of crashing into the boulders. "They think you're lucky that you didn't suffer any spinal damage the way you hit the field from the explosion, but you'll need crutches for a couple weeks."

"A couple of weeks, eh?" Indigo responded with a sort of wry smile. He was, of course, fully aware at how inhibiting the need to wear crutches would be. On the other hand, the amount of sympathy and care he'd receive from the beautiful ladies of his new academy home was sure to be quite the apt reward for such sacrifice. On the topic of female students, Indigo's expression turned into a crass and slightly awkward one as his eyes fell towards Shion. He hadn't really gotten any major chance to examine her closely since they had met, at least not in such a calm enviroment.

Upon doing so he was, admittedly, shocked. His eyes widened as they surveyed the girl who had so easily trounced him on the battlefield. Surely, someone would have expected her to be an Amazonian brute if they'd only seen her in battle, or to at least have some easily noticeable muscle toning... but it simply didn't look like it was there. In his eyes she appeared to be perfectly feminine in build and (dare he say it) incredibly attractive. He felt as his gaze started to get lost in her long red hair and bright blue eyes (which were no longer paying him any mind) before the gentle aroma of his peppermint tea brought him back to his senses. Even more so, the tea she prepared was quite delicious.

He felt the fear of being attacked melt away in his mind when he came to realise that he was in the presence of such a magnificent creature. If all the girls in the Institute were anything like this, he may have lost his mind. Moving to take another sip of the tea in his hand, Indigo's lips appeared to move without his consent. "Miss... Shion Igna, correct? May I call you Shion?" His violet eyes sparkled in the fluorescent lightning of the infirmary and the edge of his lips curled into a charming smile—at least, as charming as he could muster in his current state. "I don't think we've had the chance for a proper introduction. My name is Indigo Rogers, and—pardon the abruptness—but you may very well be one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure to gaze upon."

"Thank you, but , but I'm not interested," Shion replied, flipping to the next page in her book, fully aware that he was trying to hit on her. He may have been more verbose about it than most guys, but that made no difference to her. It was flirting all the same, and it was hard to suck up to the girl who'd just kicked your ass without a change of face.

"No no, you needn't be so mo... dest..." It took Kale a few moments of thought to fully register what Shion had just said to him. It didn't seem possible, no, it was definitely impossible and yet... had he just been rejected? Shot down? Had his charm been so completely innefective that she truly was not giving him the time of day? He was stunned, completely and utterly, never before throughout the course of his life had this happened. Surely it was a mistake, a joke perhaps, it had to be.

"Eh... haha! You... you're joking, aren't you? Oh, please, Shion, your humor is appreciated, but we're dealing with some fairly adult matters here." He flicked his hair so casually that it wasn't out of place, but with such class that it was hard not to notice. "Still... it doesn't seem like you're the kind to dilly-dally with formalities, I must say I respect that in a young woman; such a free-willed spirit. So then, how about it? A new school, a new place, what say you and I explore it together this evening? Does eight suit you? Or do you have plans? I'm nothing if not flexible with my schedule."

Shion didn't give him much to go on, only echoing her first answer. "I'm not interested." She finished the last of her tea, closed her book and stood from her seat, heading toward the door. "You seem like you'll be fine, so I'll leave. The nurse prepared some crutches for you in case you're able to get up before she gets back."

Indigo's eyes widened at Shion's blatant lack of caring towards his advances. Surely, she was still joking right? She had to be! How could anybody turn him down?! When he had so much going for him at the time, his natural charm and allure, a room alone with the object of his affection, the sympathy appeal added with his injury and the guilt he could play on with her being the cause of such injuries. It was the perfect set up in every conceivable way... and yet... she was leaving.

"W... wait! I'll go with—gak." His ribs practically convulsed in his chest as he tried to leave and follow Shion, yet she didn't even glance at him in his pain riddled state. He was shocked, dumbfounded to the extreme. His eyes widened and his voice silent as he had to desperately try to keep his jaw from dropping as Shion Igna left the room. Once she had done so however, his disposition changed drastically as he clenched his teeth and fists both.

A flurry of aggressive thoughts began to flood his mind. Who did this girl think she was? How dare she injure him and then have the cheek to deny him?! She was so ignorant, uncaring and blunt! She was... She was...!

"Perfect." Indigo muttered.

He felt his heart do backflips in his chest. Such a regal and upright young woman, with the attitude, strength and beauty to match the fiery name that had garnered her so much popularity on just a mention. She had rejected him, but in doing so had done nothing more than steal away his heart and give him the greatest resolve he could muster to steal hers in kind. With a flick of his hair and a triumphant, dashingly handsome grin he made a general declaration to the now lonesome room.

"I will have your heart, Shion Igna. I swear that I will make you mine!"

In the meantime, he would have to figure out how he was going to deal with using crutches for a while.

Meanwhile, Shion tried her hardest not to care. On her quest to return to the gym and see how the fights were progressing, Shion started thinking about the implications of someone flirting with her like that. Indigo wasn't afraid of her—worse, her admired and praised her for the power she exhibited, even though he was the victim. Although other guys would have avoided her (and some already were as she passed them by), this almost felt... nice. Was this what it was like for Lana while she was attending?​

"Soren! Wake up!"

"Just five more minutes, Jesse..." Soren muttered from under the covers, trying to ignore the banging on the door.

"Five minutes turns into two hours pretty quick, Soren! Were you up all night playing Battlefield again?"

"No..."

"Really?" Soren paused for a moment before replying.

"No..."

One of the Fire dorm's seniors—Jesse—entered the frilly white room, which was decorated in stuffed animals, big and small, and Soren was cuddling with a giant polar bear in the bed underneath a massive mink blanket adorned with giant designs of red, pink and white carnations. There was a custom-built PC in the corner and a MacBook on the desk next to the monitor, the former of which Soren had been using to, evidently, play Battlefield 3 all night; probably to prepare for the next one.

"You can't keep doing this, Soren; practicing all day and playing all night is going to run your body into the ground. Besides, classes are starting up again."

"Mweh..." It was less words, and more incoherent mumbling.

"You don't want to greet all the new students? Their exams started less than an hour ago, and there are already some popular kids."

"Like who...?"

"The girls are really into this Indigo kid. He's pretty handsome—a big flirt, too—but he's a ticking time bomb. The girl he was fighting punched him once and he blew up. Like, literally."

Soren giggled into the stuffed polar bear's fluffy neck, propping up on it and looking at Jesse, who'd plopped herself onto the bed. "Anyone else?"

"Lana's sister came, and some of the students are scared as hell."

"Why's that?"

"For one, we have another Igna to deal with, and everyone knows how dangerous the first one was. Second," and by this point Jesse was having trouble not cracking up from remembering the sight, "she's the girl who punched Indigo."

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sytano Morgan [and Scarlett Rose]- Battle de Fuego

Sytano simply grinned as Scarlett spoke of being a Pyromancer, but his hopes took a hit inside. No, I'm positive I can at least still be awake when this is all over. He clenched his fists as he took his place on the other side of the field. Cracking his knuckles, Sytano quickly got into a position with his legs a bit more spread out, and preparing himself, cracked his knuckles. I can do this. I can do this! He clenched his fists tightly and rolled a rock towards him- however, he also realized that the field had been used as well as demolished some of the rocks, as well as a large burnt mark near the center, practically screaming "a pyromancer was here."

Sytano focused as the referee began to count down.

Three!

"No hard feelings, okay?" Sytano yelled out across the field.

Two!

"It's showtime!" Scarlett yelled back.

One! ... Fight!

As soon as Scarlett heard the word she starting thinking of a strategy while keeping an eye on Sytano. She kind of expected Sytano to immediately attack her so she knew the perfect strategy for this. Scarlett just stood there, waiting for Sytano to attack her.

Sytano was feeling extremely nervous at that moment, but he decided he had to attack first. He couldn't hold back; this was a test of strength, after all. Probably willpower, too. But he had to show everything he had, to make sure that they knew what he was capable of- and everything he knew how to do. He grabbed a rock from the floor, weighing it carefully. Then he grabbed a few more. These seemed to be the leftover, scattered debris from shattered boulders; and Morgan could tell due to their intense heat. Well, it's too bad for them, because they're about to be hotter. He stuffed them in his pockets and began to run towards Scarlett with one in his hands.

But he wasn't just going to throw rocks. Sytano took the one he had in his hand an threw it as he jumped in midair, and at the moment it left his hand and towards Scarlett, he yelled.

"Combust!" And the rock was covered in flames, heading straight towards his opponent.

Scarlett guessed that he was going to use them like small meteors. She couldn't help but smirk a little bit because they idea was kind of clever. She jumped away from the stone and decided to pull one of her tricks. She placed one hand in front of her and shouted some words before a dragon made of fire surrounded her. Scarlett ran towards Sytano and gave him some punches, boosted by the fire around her.

Sytano gasped at her raw power, putting his bare arms up and blocking- at least, attempting to block- the punches cloaked in fire. He quickly jumped back. "Ow ow ow!" He shook his arms quickly to get rid of the burning sensation. Hm... eventually, I'm going to need to get closer to her if I want to actually put some more effort... but that defense is certainly a problem. In that case... He ran up a boulder near the edge of the field, partially destroyed but all the easier to climb up on. He then began throwing the rocks and combusting them one by one, almost like throwing baseballs. "Let's do this!" He yelled after a few.

After Scarlett hit Sytano a few times her fire dragon defense dropped. She dodged the fire baseballs that were coming her way but two hit her legs. Scarlett grinded her teeth to not let show any pain. "Hey! Can't you do something else but trowing stones?" She asked him while looking at the two burns on her leg and glanced back at him. "If you wanna play it like that then you can get it like that..." Scarlett used the spell "Ignis Wrath" and made boils of her hands to make fire balls. She started trowing them in Sytano's direction. Scarlett grinned because it felt like they were holding a snowball fight... with fire balls.

Sytano grimaced as fire balls- and by this it was pure fireballs, not some cheap rocks- and decided to change his strategy. Now that her defenses were down, he began to run towards her. "If it pleases you, I'll give you different!" Trying to avoid the fireballs- but miserably failing as one hit his shoulder- he continued rocks as he ran. After getting hit multiple times in the chest, he was close enough to Scarlett to light her on fire-even if it was to extinguish itself in about ten seconds. However, that wasn't his goal. And although he did, he pulled one of her hairs- successfully tucking it into his pocket and running straight past her, behind another boulder.

Scarlett tried to hold her scream as she was set on fire. She endured the pain like her mother had learned her to and shook it off. This, however, caused some more burn wounds on Scarlett's body that would probably hurt even more later on.

Scarlett immediately grabbed her hair as she felt one hair being pulled out. "Hey! What are you planning to do with that?" She rubbed the place but easily knew that she shouldn't just stand there but do something about this instead. Whatever he was planning to do with that hair, it wasn't going to be good. "I think it's time that we ended this..." Scarlett sighed and closed her eyes to prepare herself for her final trick card and once she was she ran towards the boulder that Sytano was hiding behind and jumped up high. "This spell is called Fiersome!" She pointed both her hands at Sytano and smirked before large flametrowers appeared out both her hands. It was more important to her to burn the hair that he pulled out of her head than Sytano himself.

Sytano realized what was about to happen. I still need to score some damage! He quickly turned around, his back taking the brunt of both flamethrowers. He quickly yelled out "Flame Trace!"

And with this, Scarlett burst into flames.

There was no way to dodge it, naturally. But the flamethrowers were too much, and he collapsed. The referee, realizing that Sytano was still conscious but barely so, yelled.

"The match is over due to the extreme damage caused by Scarlett Rose on Sytano Morgan, thus making Rose the winner!"

Sytano grimaced and got up shakily, grinning even though his shirt was probably no longer on his back. "G-good one." He said to Scarlett, before being helped up by a nurse.

Scarlett, having been set on fire again, tried to catch breath. The fight was over even though it was fairly short. She saw the boys from earlier looking at Sytano, it was as if they were hoping that he had passed out. She grabbed for right arm and pretended she was all okay. "Thanks for this fight, Sytano." Scarlett thanked him. "Let's battle again sometime." with this she walked away towards some nurses who would take care of her burn wounds.

"Sure thing..." He muttered to himself, but at this point he was out of earshot.

---

A few hours later, Sytano had both of his arms and back wrapped in bandages, as well as one that ran over the crest of his nose and to the back of his head, covered by his hair. Perfect time to roam, I suppose. This leads to wandering to the dorms, and checking them out. Different dorms for different mancers, as well as no roommates unless you want them... and these computers! He ran into one excitedly, but walked out quickly before he was caught snooping. At this point, I guess it would do no harm to check out the classrooms, though.

Last edited:

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Crystal Nightwish

Gym - Metal Field - Battle Start

Jason looked at Crystal and smiled, "I don't underestimate anyone. It may very well be that you could probably beat me." He winked at her as he moves into a fighting stance, both arms down and his left side facing her. He hides his right hand behind him, out of her view.

Crystal watched as Jason changed his stance, while listening to what he was saying, even laughing, when he said she could beat him. But life taught her not to underestimate anyone. As Crystal started to move into a fighting stance, she smiled in excitement lookign at Jason.

-Well, we won't know that untill we actually fight. Besides i want to have a fun time, so lets not end it too fast.- Crystal smiled as she watches Jason trying to figure out his stance and attack.

He smiles and nods," I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised with what I can do. Whenever you're ready, milady!" As he said these words Crystal expresion changed to a focused one, as different plans beganto race in her mind. -"So you intend to let me have the first attack, probably a set up to lure me close, while not expecting his counter".- All this went in Crystal's mind before she smiled at Jason.

-Fine, if you want to give the first move, so be it, don't regret it latter.- Crystal stood there waiting for the signal to begin the match.

A refere (most likely a teacher), began the count down. "Three... Two... One... BEGIN!" As the signal was given, Crystal moved her left hand up and forward finishing pointing at Jason. A second later, a pillar made from earth appears right in front of Jason aimed straight at his face.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Jason Barrett - Metal Field

As Crystal suddenly went serious after their banter, Jason suddenly felt butterflies in his stomach. He pushed them away and focused on the task at hand. He had a feeling that she'd keep her distance from him at first. "No matter," he thought, "I can play keep-away too." As he heard her words of warning, he simply shrugged, not worrying of the outcome. After all, in his mind, it was only a test, not a full-blown battle...right?

"3...2...1...BEGIN!"

As he finished preparing his throwing blade, a sudden pillar of earth rocketed from the ground to his face. Instinctively, he tried to lean back, but the attack still caught him in the jaw, though not as bad as if he stood still. He stumbled a couple of steps away from the pillar, but quickly regained his stance. He rubbed his jaw and suddenly the thought surfaced: she was intent on hurting him as much as possible. Then, another thought came clearly to him: he'd HAVE to attack (and possibly hurt) her before this was over! He could very well die in here, but he'd hold onto his beliefs? As much as it hurt to do so, Jason tried his hardest to bury those feelings. He had to do what was nescessary and live with the guilt later.

Jason decided to close the gap some, not sure of how much energy it took to attack him the first time. As he ran, he suddenly lurched himself to the right and threw his throwing star at Crystal, aiming right for her body. It'd most likely miss, but he had another idea in mind. Immediately, he concentrated his efforts on his left arm. Slowly, a pool of liquid steel poured from somewhere deep inside him and hardened to form a standard knight's shield. He stood at the ready, shield in hand, waiting for her move.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Yuri / Shiemi - The Dorms

I walk over to a large door en-crested with the emblem of water, the hydromancer dormitory, and open the door slowly, doing well not to disturb the ghosts inside. There were no ghosts of course but there was a chance of there being an actual person sleeping and being disturbed by my entrance, and quite a lot of the people in this school either have anger issues or are just plain dorky. I take my chances and step onto a lush blue velvet carpet that seems to warm my feet through the souls of my slippers. The rec room was nice, but this is simply paradise. The decoration is highly biased towards my element, with lots of water and space, plus beautiful arrays of flowers and what I think is some peculiar tree. I've never seen it before, so I make a quick mental note to write it down and draw a sketch to send to my mother, I bet she would be delighted to research it. I was handed a bit of paper by one of the teachers who seemed to think I couldn't remember my own door number. Well I can't, but that's not the point. The corridor is huge, that it takes me a whole minute to check every door for the right number, it turns out mine was very close to the main entrance, and I spent a whole minute going around looking and failing to notice that one. I'm such a clutz. I find my stuff already prepared in my room, and my word what a beautiful room it was. The walls were painted an aquatic blue and the queen size beds had the most comfortable springs. There was a whole bathroom to myself, to go with a shower, and a bath. It was simply divine. I sit on my bed in awe of the effort that went into the design of the room, there was not one mistake made anywhere; I pull out my suitcase, opening it to reveal my belongings, and begins to unpack my stuff into the correct compartments, clothes in the wardrobe, socks in the drawers, so on. At the bottom of my case is my pen and pad, my main source of self entertainment in this place, and other than that, I don't have much else to my name. I finish by sliding my now empty suitcase on top of my wardrobe out of sight.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Eric Long
Eric was relieved that Michael calmed down, but he seemed even more unsettled than before. For a moment Eric wasn't sure what to do. Michael mumbled, apparently to himself. The young Hydromancer finally started to settle down at least, even if it was born from embarrassment. Eric watched as Michael took a deep breath and started performing Tai Chi, what happened next was something Eric was honestly not expecting. Through each one of the movements water followed Michael, a truly wonderful display for a young Hydromancer, especially considering he hadn't even been able to effectively form a sphere moments before. Instantly, Eric knew that this would be a perfect instrument to develop Michael's abilities, and with a bit of work, allow him to gain even better control of his powers. First, though, he needed Michael to realize what he was doing.

"Michael, you're doing much better. I want you continue your Tai Chi, but slowly open your eyes. I think you'll find a pleasant surprise once you do."

A few moments later Eric continued with his honest review of Michael's display. The review included his initial stumbles, unconscious mishaps, and Tai Chi marvel. He knew that it was natural for some of the students to have problems, it was one of the reasons they were invited to Vale, to gain control.

"From what I've seen, you've more than warranted a place here at Vale, and I will personally give Ms. Vale my approval, so don't worry about how you did. This is only an evaluation to see how developed your abilities, not to see whether or not you belong here. That's what the invitation was for. You still need to learn to adapt your control into spells, but you've displayed enough control, at least, while doing Tai Chi, to prove your potential."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Gymnasium
x
CHAPTER I,
Part IV:

"Behind the Vale"

"Michael, you're doing much better. I want you continue your Tai Chi, but slowly open your eyes. I think you'll find a pleasant surprise once you do."

Confused, Michael followed the teacher's instructions, and once he opened his eyes, gentle excitement shone in them, like two sunlit ponds of bright blue, shining brightly in the sun's reflection. "I...! I can...!"

"From what I've seen, you've more than warranted a place here at Vale, and I will personally give Ms. Vale my approval, so don't worry about how you did. This is only an evaluation to see how developed your abilities, not to see whether or not you belong here. That's what the invitation was for. You still need to learn to adapt your control into spells, but you've displayed enough control, at least, while doing Tai Chi, to prove your potential."

This put a wide smile on Michael's face, and in a spur of the moment, he hugged the teacher for a few seconds. "Thank you, thank you so much...!" Michael could barely contain the excitement. The waves in his bottle and on the water fields were moving less like a storm and more dance-like, swaying back and forth calmly. "I'm going to unpack my things now..." Michael turned around, readjusting his scarf to accommodate for a small ball-shape that was hidden underneath. He semi-hurriedly exited the Gymnasium, following a map he'd been provided to his room in the Hydromancer's Dormitory.

Closing the door behind him, Michael opened up his scarf and let the bundle of fur leap down onto the floor. The small kitten looked up at him excitedly, and Michael smiled at it. "Alright Lance, I'm going to start unpacking our things. But you have to stay quiet, okay? If anyone finds out I have you here, they'll make me get rid of you... Understand?" Michael asked, looking at Lance's eyes about a foot from his muzzle. Lance just cocked his head to one side, purring uncontrollably. "Um... Right, good boy. I'll set up a newspaper for you in the bathroom, and I'll share whatever food I get with you. And for water... Um..." Michael dug through his bag and pulled out a bowl, putting it in the corner of the room, hidden from the view of anyone who might peek in from the doorway.

Putting the bottle on the ground and taking the lid, Michael did some Tai Chi, this time with his eyes open. Sure enough, he had control of it, he'd just have to figure out which poses would help him move the water in the ways he wanted. After about a few poses, he was able to move some of the water from his bottle into the bowl. He then picked up the bottle and sealed it, placing it on his nightstand, his bag resting on the bed. Lance sniffed at the bowl curiously, and Michael chuckled a little. "Don't worry, it's freshwater!" He smiled and rubbed between the kitten's ears for a few moments, before heading over to his bag to unpack his things. After drinking some water, Lance hurriedly leapt up onto the bed to help unpack watch. Michael smiled at the small black-and-white siamese, while putting away his few belongings throughout the room.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
- Marisa Haldine

Despite her attempts, Marisa couldn't bring herself to pay attention to the speech. She sits by the back of the room, out of the way of everyone else. She isn't up to dealing with navigation in that maze they call the gym considering how many people are there. Her eyes wander around the room, taking in the sights of this new environment. Even though she knew that everyone in here had some super cool power, to her it looks more like a regular school. A mix of many and already she thinks she can see some cliques developing as they mingled.

She lets out a sigh, completely missing the people called to battle, and begins to wheel herself around. A few people glance at her, some with amusement, some with pity and some who don't care enough and get back to what they're doing within moments, but slowly and surely, the room was beginning to get emptier. After a point, she watched one of the fights with a few other kids. This one was between a boy who can manipulate steel and a girl who seems more at home in water. Neither of their names she could recall, but she did watch the fight through.

She blinks and clutches the seat of her chair. The other kids were busy with each other, leaving her alone to think. "Could I even fight like that?" She sighs to herself before backing out of the area. Her chair squeaked as she moved towards the woman who spoke earlier. "Excuse me..." She didn't bother waiting for a response. "I may need a bit more time before I can... take part in things like this." She lets out a sigh. "I might need a bit more time. I could try, but... I'm not sure how effective I'd be." Her grip on her chair was strong as she looked at her, swallowing what amount of pride she has.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Lia Campani - Gym/Rec Lounge

Time flew as a little brunette sat in the middle of the bleachers slightly bouncing up and down in her seat. A few students had stared for some time but, after a while they just lost interest in her activities. Lia sat, trying to control her energy, her body wanting to get out on to the battle field and show off her skills. It had been a seventeen hour drive from her home state of Wisconsin to the middle of nowhere, and another extra two hours watching other students spar on the battle fields.

Trying to keep herself occupied, Lia pulled out a jar of sand that she had brought in her book bag. Channeling her concentration, she formed two dumbbells, each weighing in at exactly forty pounds. One..Two...Three She counted through her head as she started to get even more looks of bewilderment of before. Noticing her onlookers, the now slightly embarrassed girl let her workout equipment dissolve back into earth. Lia looked towards the arenas once again, still anxious to get out on the field and put in work. The small figures she made could see were duking it out on the metal field. Dying to get up and do something she reassured herself. It'll be a while before they call me.. she then grabbed her things and hurried out the gym doors.

Air rushed towards a now much more relaxed looking Lia. She paused momentarily as the breeze rushed past her into the stuffy gym. Ecstatic that she was now able to roam free on her own, a childish grin spread across the teen girl's face. Now all she had to do was figure out what she wanted to do. "Hmmm... this building looks kinda boring" As her eyes scanned the hall Lia thought back to one of the speeches about the school she had heard from her father. "It won't be so bad, after all I hear it has one of the nicest campuses out of any boarding school." She sighed as she walked towards the main entrance to the building. "Maybe the rec center could provide some entertainment"

After a walking at a brisk pace for only about a minute, Lia found herself standing outside the student lounge. Taking a short breath, she grabbed the door handle before opening the door to the building. An eyebrow raised as she gave an impressed whistle. "Dad was right, this place does have quiet the nice little campus." Large plasma TV's, the latest gaming consoles, an indoor pool! The large empty building had anything a high school student could dream of. Now... where's the basketball court? Lia's eyes searched each nook and cranny of the room but, couldn't seem to find her second home. "Jesus, they have an indoor pool but, not even a court?" She gave a dissapointed frown as she pulled out her favorite basketball. "I might have to make one later..." She gave a short laugh at her own joke and plopped down on to one of the chairs. Giving a drawn out sigh, Lia shot the ball into the air and let it land down into her hands as she repeated the motion over and over. Giving a small smile she reveled to herself "Maybe this place isn't so bad after all."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back