• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwegian Moose

Jedi Unicorn
Years
I need help with EV Spread... Okay, so I have an Adamant Snorlax. I want it to be an offensive Snorlax. How should I spread the EV's? PM me please! C:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Suppose I have a Togekiss with the Serene Grace ability and the move Air Slash. Would attaching King's Rock increase Air Slash's flinch rate on top of the Serene Grace boost?

No, sadly it doesnt.

I need help with EV Spread... Okay, so I have an Adamant Snorlax. I want it to be an offensive Snorlax. How should I spread the EV's? PM me please! C:

No need to PM lol. 252 Atk / 252 Special Defense / 6 Defense. This optimises your attack and special defense which lets you take special hits well and helps you switch into special attackers with ease and punish them. It also is of more benefit to ev Snorlax's special defense than any other stat, even HP as you gain MORE special durability from EVing its special defence rather than its HP as its HP is already massive.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
does the move acrobatic get a boost from technician if they arent holding an item? not sure which number counts for technican before the no item boost or after

Norwegian Moose

Jedi Unicorn
Years
No need to PM lol. 252 Atk / 252 Special Defense / 6 Defense. This optimises your attack and special defense which lets you take special hits well and helps you switch into special attackers with ease and punish them. It also is of more benefit to ev Snorlax's special defense than any other stat, even HP as you gain MORE special durability from EVing its special defence rather than its HP as its HP is already massive.

Thanks! C:

Another question then, since people here's helpfull: I have a Shiny Timid Espeon with Magic Bounce... What should I use it for? I kinda want it as a special sweeper, but I know there are better ways to use it. Help?

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Ok, I need some freakin' help. I'm (trying) to fully EV train an Adamant Dragonite in Attack and Speed. Question: I have 3 of them that I EV'd and the 1st one has more attack than the others, and I defeated the same amount of Poke's to get it.

Here's their stats: Same nature, same EV's.

1st 'Nite: Just evolved, Level 55
HP: 178
Attack: 215
Defense: 122
SP: Attack: 106
SP: Defense: 132
Speed: 137

Now these 2 BOTH have lower attack, despite doing the EXACT same thing with the 1st one:

2nd 'Nite
HP: 180
Attack: 212
Defense: 126
SP: Attack: 117
SP: Defense: 123
Speed: 143

3rd 'Nite
Defense: 114
SP: Attack: 112
SP: Defense: 117
Speed: 146

I EV'd all three of these by using the Power Bracer and killing 32 Goldeen, and then Power Anklet and killing 32 Magikarp. I just can't figure out what the crapp I am doing wrong, but it's really frustrating. Which Dragonite should I raise? The one with the highest attack? Because I am trying to truly max out its attack at Level 100, which is 403. And I predict it that I probably won't reach 403. Just how do you know? And as I said, all of these are Adamant nature.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure you ask in the Quick battle thread.

Ah crap, where's that at? x.x;

I apologize if I'm being blind about this.

Edit: found it, my bad... how long has it been under the tourney sub-forum? xD No wonder I couldn't find it.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
What is the main difference between putting EV´s in (special) defence or in HP.
252/126/130 vs 4/252/252 vs 174/170/170?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
What is the main difference between putting EV´s in (special) defence or in HP.
252/126/130 vs 4/252/252 vs 174/170/170?

Putting Evs into Special Defense will increase the resistance it has against Special Attacks.

Putting them into Hp will increase the survive-ability of a Pokemon. So that it can take hits better from both sides. And it can create more Subs and pass better Wishes (If it learns Wish)

Ill let someone else add to this. x-x

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Ok, I need some freakin' help. I'm (trying) to fully EV train an Adamant Dragonite in Attack and Speed. Question: I have 3 of them that I EV'd and the 1st one has more attack than the others, and I defeated the same amount of Poke's to get it.

Here's their stats: Same nature, same EV's.

1st 'Nite: Just evolved, Level 55
Attack: 215
Defense: 122
SP: Attack: 106
SP: Defense: 132
Speed: 137

Now these 2 BOTH have lower attack, despite doing the EXACT same thing with the 1st one:

2nd 'Nite
HP: 180
Defense: 126
SP: Attack: 117
SP: Defense: 123
Speed: 143

3rd 'Nite
Defense: 114
SP: Attack: 112
SP: Defense: 117
Speed: 146

I EV'd all three of these by using the Power Bracer and killing 32 Goldeen, and then Power Anklet and killing 32 Magikarp. I just can't figure out what the crapp I am doing wrong, but it's really frustrating. Which Dragonite should I raise? The one with the highest attack? Because I am trying to truly max out its attack at Level 100, which is 403. And I predict it that I probably won't reach 403. Just how do you know? And as I said, all of these are Adamant nature.

the reason their stats are different is their IVs are different.

IVs are hidden values (like EVs are) for each stat that have a max. of 31 and min. of 0. Pokemon with higher IVs will have higher stats, for example
a Lv.100 Dragonite with 31 IVs in all it's stats will have 31 more in each stat than a Dragonite with 0 IVs in all it's stats :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Thanks! C:

Another question then, since people here's helpfull: I have a Shiny Timid Espeon with Magic Bounce... What should I use it for? I kinda want it as a special sweeper, but I know there are better ways to use it. Help?

Espeon @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Hp / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Baton Pass / Hidden Power [Fire/Fighting]

Dual Screen Espeon is probably its best set, it cant be Taunted and you can then pass both screens to a sweeper with Baton Pass.

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Substitute / Reflect
- Baton Pass
- Psychic / Psyshock

Calm Mind passing Espeon. Best one in the game imo as it cant be PHazed or Taunted.

Espeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting/Fire]
- Shadow Ball

Sub attacking Espeon. HP Fight for Tar and Heatran, HP Fire for Scizor, Ferro, Skarm and Forry.

Espeon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind / Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire/Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

Calm Mind Espeon.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
hey what are the best set(s) for celebi to use? i was thinking of using it on my rain team. is this a good idea or are there better pokemon to utilize on a rain team?

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
Years
^ Eh, I've never used Celebi, but if you're using a rain team then you definitely have to compose it of pokemon that either abuse the weather with status boosts (i.e Swift Swim) or have moves that can work well in rain (water moves obviously, and Thunder).

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
^ Eh, I've never used Celebi, but if you're using a rain team then you definitely have to compose it of pokemon that either abuse the weather with status boosts (i.e Swift Swim) or have moves that can work well in rain (water moves obviously, and Thunder).

well the thing i have to take into consideration is that drizzle + swift swim is banned so i cant use that. i was thinking of using celebi in a way that helps/ supplements my rain abusers ( toxicroak & Nite),
but thanks for the quick reply =)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024

well the thing i have to take into consideration is that drizzle + swift swim is banned so i cant use that. i was thinking of using celebi in a way that helps/ supplements my rain abusers ( toxicroak & Nite),
but thanks for the quick reply =)

Probably Nasty Plot Celebi to be honest.

Celebi @ Leftovers
252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice] /Psychic

Sucks you cant use HP Fire in rain, so something to beat/remove Scizor, Ferrothorn and the like would be cool. *Looks at Magnezone* :] lol

Or you could shove Baton Pass in the last slot and be cool and pass Nasty Plot to Agility Dragonite which sounds kinda fun actually lol.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
Probably Nasty Plot Celebi to be honest.

Celebi @ Leftovers
252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice] /Psychic

Sucks you cant use HP Fire in rain, so something to beat/remove Scizor, Ferrothorn and the like would be cool. *Looks at Magnezone* :] lol

Or you could shove Baton Pass in the last slot and be cool and pass Nasty Plot to Agility Dragonite which sounds kinda fun actually lol.

thanks!! i have a toxicroak to help counter ferrothorn. i guess zone could help to also counter scizor but since HP fire is weakened in the rain scizor most likely will live and then hit back with superpower/ brick break which hurts zone.

i was thinking of using rotom-w as a scizor counter because it can burn it, and then switch out with volt switch if its not specs/scarf.

instead of me rambling so much the point is i need help with a scizor counter. any advice?

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
A Floatzel would be a good addition:

Ability: Swift Swin
Item: Life Orb
Move 1: Ice Punch
Move 2: Waterfall
Move 3: Crunch
Move 4: Brick Break/ Aqua Jet
Nature: Adamant/ Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252Atk, 252 Spd

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
A Floatzel would be a good addition:

Ability: Swift Swin
Item: Life Orb
Move 1: Ice Punch
Move 2: Waterfall
Move 3: Crunch
Move 4: Brick Break/ Aqua Jet
Nature: Adamant/ Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252Atk, 252 Spd

Floatzel is terribly frail and wouldn't last long in an OU Drizzle team. It would be down within minutes. Swift Swim is also banned when coupled with Drizzle.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Anybody know of any good Ev spreads/movesets for a Poison Heal Gliscor? Probably more defensive aswell. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back