• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelzio123

LucarioBeast
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Name: joelzio123
Partner Pokemon: Toxighost the Haunter
Reason for Joining: I love it when you poison an enemy and they just die and poison types are actually realyy strong

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome to both new members! :)

Hmm, the Gloomtail idea is pretty interesting... I can imagine that as a Pokemon, but I reckon it'd have to look more threatening etc to become a legendary, or even a powerful dragon - especially if it's affiliated with ideas such as poison and death. And ice/poison type could be interesting too, what do you think that'd look like? :3 All I can think of right now is a Dusk Stone evolution of Vanillite xD
When you say Poison/Ice type, only one thing comes to mind for me.

'Flu' I got goosebumps...these things are a pain!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
welcome new members!

Poison/Ice seemed like a good combination as well, though i doubt that they will make it the dusk stone evo oof Vanillite. That ice cream has no poison screaming inside him. Unlike Gloom who evolved to a pure grass type.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
OMG! Where have you been all my life. O_o

Name; Nagaraja
Partner Pokemon: Naja Naja the Arbok
Why I want to Join: Poison is my favorite type, not to mention Arbok is my favorite pokemon. With Seviper and Ekans at a close second. There are so many awesome poison types.
I like you. I like you a lot :D

I thought of lengendarys based on the horsemen of the apocalypse
White horse (victory)- fighting
Red horse (war) - fire
pale horse (death)- ghost
and the one that works into this question the black horse (plague)- poison

given how new pokemon are stating to repreasent these sorts of things more and more I could see it working.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
I actually want to see a Steel/Poison Pokemon. I've been wondering how that would work out for a couple days. Maybe it'll be some rust monster, but I don't know.
Sounds like an interesting type match up imo. :3 It would have a x4 Ground weakness, as well as a x2 Fire weakness. I may be using the same logic as what was used when designing the Unova Pokemon, though some sort of spray can could probably match up as a Steel/Poison type. X3 lol.

miltankRancher

Years
But the popularity of ground-type pokemon, and the wide distribution of EQ will make this Pokemon's life a living hell.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to our new member ^^ Sorry I've not been posting much, been busy and such! D:

New topic: 'What do all Poison Pokemon have in common?'

Obviously not just their typing xD I think one thing is that they're all supposed to smell bad :3

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Name: CardinalPartner
Pokemon: Stinger the Skorupi. <3333
Reason for Joining: Poison is my favorite type and I think all of the Poison types are cute.

Anyway on the current topic, all of the Poison types are cute to me.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
I think all poison types have some sort of deadly / warning look to them. Just like you KNOW poison is there. And most are purple.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Obviously not just their typing xD I think one thing is that they're all supposed to smell bad :3
They are Poison-type Pokemon..

xD

I find them all to be mean looking.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016

They are dangerous because of their poison and they smell... do they smell bad? :D But yea, you know when you encounter Poison-type Pokémon.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years

Well, they don't all smell bad... Take Roserade or most of the Grass/Poison types for example.

I think almost all of them are overlooked when most people play through a game. Venusaur is used a lot since it's a starter.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well, they don't all smell bad... Take Roserade or most of the Grass/Poison types for example.

I think almost all of them are overlooked when most people play through a game. Venusaur is used a lot since it's a starter.
That's what I said in one of my earlier posts, Poison is the most overlooked type, in my opinion. Even Venusaur is used because of its Grass type and ability to abuse Chlorophyll in Sunny Day, which makes it beast/uber. Poison-type reason? Not a clue.

miltankRancher

Years
Hmmm... Something in common? The color purple stands out really dominantly among them, though the grass-types have green in them also.

Another thing is their look. They look really... mischievous. Take a look at Toxicroak and Skorupi. And Gengar. Tell me they are not planning anything.

Nagaraja

Years
Hmmm... Something in common? The color purple stands out really dominantly among them, though the grass-types have green in them also.

Another thing is their look. They look really... mischievous. Take a look at Toxicroak and Skorupi. And Gengar. Tell me they are not planning anything.

That's probably why all the 'teams' have some poison Pokemon on their teams.
They are secretly plotting world domination

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
That's probably why all the 'teams' have some poison Pokemon on their teams.
They are secretly plotting world domination
Team Rocket don't use poison types. Poison types use Team Rocket.

The thing they all have in common is being awesome.
I find pure poison types tend to look either sly (Arbok, Toxicroak ect.) or monstrous (Weezing, Muk, Garbodor ect.). Part poison types however aren't so easy to relate. Anyone want to try to find a real similarity of Bulbasaur to Gastly?

Nagaraja

Years
Team Rocket don't use poison types. Poison types use Team Rocket.

The thing they all have in common is being awesome.
I find pure poison types tend to look either sly (Arbok, Toxicroak ect.) or monstrous (Weezing, Muk, Garbodor ect.). Part poison types however aren't so easy to relate. Anyone want to try to find a real similarity of Bulbasaur to Gastly?

OMG YES!!!!

Ekans is plotting something .... Here's a drawing I did at 4 am in the morning...
i think its hillariouslly bad.
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Years
Part poison types however aren't so easy to relate. Anyone want to try to find a real similarity of Bulbasaur to Gastly?

Bulbasaur is cute; Gengar is awesome. Other than being part-poison, I could not see much similarities between the two. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back