• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
I can't download it. The ips file attached redirects to an image file.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
This is by far my most favorite hack. It's retro-styled graphics are very appealing as it perfectly fits the GBA but yet creates a different feeling from what we've seen in FireRed and LeafGreen. The storyline throughoutly was fun and something new, I always enjoyed playing visual novels in which you can decide your fate. :)

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Oct 12, 2019
Help with the hacking should ALWAYS be free, after all we are here to help one another! Before you know it we'll be trying to sell our games and our work or hacking skills, and then let me ask you what makes us different than nintendo corporation - besides good games acctually ;) ?!

They legally can't sell hacks of Nintendo's IP.

If that clause didn't exist then I would encourage people who want to sell their hacks to do so, since it's their time and work, so they can do whatever (especially if they think it's worth money).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Could someone redirect me to a link that works? It keeps on either giving me a white page, or a message saying that the attachment is invalid.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 11, 2017
Ah the discontinued bug strikes again. What a shame this had so much potential. Neverless, I encourage everyone to try this hack out its very good and even with only 7 gyms its one hell of a good hack

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
can anyone share the rom ?

Sharing ROMs is not allowed on the forums, hacks are distributed in patches.

The attachments in the first post are broken though, is anyone who has the hack willing to share a patch? I could update the first post with it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Sharing ROMs is not allowed on the forums, hacks are distributed in patches.

The attachments in the first post are broken though, is anyone who has the hack willing to share a patch? I could update the first post with it.
I've got the patch. Is it okay if I share it by adding it as an attachment to my post?

EDIT: I removed the attachment in this post, since it doesn't work. Please see my next post for a working patch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I've got the patch. Is it okay if I share it by adding it as an attachment to my post?

Awesome, thanks! I was going to attach it to the first post too but all the images are hosted on tinypic which are not allowed anymore, so I'd have to reupload the screenshots. Might do it eventually but for now, your attachment should do.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I patched a while ago my ROM (I've used this many times for other hacks) using attached file and it didn't work. :(

Same, it's regular ol' FireRed for me. And I used the same clean ROM (I copy and patch) I've used for all other hackroms and it worked for them.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I realize that something went wrong with the patch that I provided earlier. Here's a patch that actually works. This time, I made sure to test it, to ensure that it actually works.

Attachments

• Pokemon Genesis.ips
    731.6 KB · Views: 4,846
Back