• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Lovers Association

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Animal Lovers ASSOCIATION
tumblr_n31r5yy0Xr1qhbh37o1_500.gif

A club for both animal lovers & pet owners alike!
Owner: Minerva

εїз introduction
Animals. Big, small, tall, short, over the land or under the sea. We learn from them, we feel for them, we grow with them. We may be fascinated with any type of animals, or we may even have our own pets. This club is specially dedicated to the animal lover in you. Do you have one or more favorite animals? Are you a pet/animal owner or you grew up with pets as a child? Do you plan on studying animals in the near future? Whichever it may be, this club is for any type of animal lover out there. We can discuss anything that has to do with animals, any animal from all over the world. Birds, dogs, cats, fish, tigers, elephants, sharks...and many many more!

Pet owners are also animal lovers as well, so if you have any pets, we do encourage you to join! :)

εїз rules
tumblr_n2m5qykCNU1sezoa7o1_500.gif
  • All PokeCommunity & FC&G rules apply here as well
  • Respect is a must in the community. Everyone must respect the opinions, views, and thoughts of others.
  • Everyone is encouraged to discuss anything related to animals, such as news, current issues, show off your pets, or even fangirl about a certain family of animals.
  • In addition to that, anyone is encouraged to bring up a new topic in case the previous one has died down.
  • Please, do feed the birds.

εїз members
Astinus
Sheep

Aura Blackquill
TD
[supporter]Aslan
Queen of Shipping[/supporter]
ThatsJessica
EXO時代
KaTomic★12
[supporter]LilJz[/supporter]
Thatcher
OtakuVox
Venitardus
lozzop
Nerakil
Charlotteee

εїз sign up
No sign-up form is required for this group. If this is your first time posting in the group, just simply state your username, what your favorite animal is, and try to stay within the discussion if you can. If you have any pets, you may also state that as well :D As owner, I don't think a sign-up form is necessary. :P

Example of mine:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

tumblr_n2uc8bh8Aq1sbrhm3o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yay it's up! :D

I'm Astinus, and my house is like a zoo. There are six pets running around the place. Four of them are my pets: Ella the Jack Russell Terrier, Pretzel and Nova the kittens, and Nugget the Chinese Dwarf hamster. Though they all drive me insane at various points during the day, I love them all. There's also Chloe the American Eskimo mix and Luna the chubby black cat, both of which belonging to my mother.

I've always loved animals. Growing up in a house full of animals helped feed my interest, and even as a toddler I took care of the pets. For the longest time, I thought that I would grow into a veterinarian, but a fear of needles and a weak stomach put an end to those plans! But I still like taking care of animals and learning about them.

My favorite animal... How can I choose? I love raccoons, foxes (including the arctic fox), meerkats, and all the little rodents of the world like the pika or even a common mouse. None of those are my absolute favorite, but every time I see a picture/video of any of them, I'm happy.

Years
Oh yes yes! Thank you mommy Megan! <333

Hi guys, I'm Sheep! I'm a huge animals lover. I absolutely adore cats especially and would love to own more than just one in the future. Right now I have one gray tabby cat who is about three years old. He's mostly an outdoor cat so he isn't home all the time but he is very friendly and adorable, though he's quite afraid of people he doesn't know, haha. Whenever a guest comes in he would hide under the bed or elsewhere.

I also love other fluffy animals like bunnies but they are all great. Though I unfortunately am not so much a dog person since I prefer the generally more quiet and independent animals. Doesn't mean dogs aren't cute, though! I like to watch videos of them occasionally.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Howdy folks, Shawn's the name, and boy I love animals too.

Well, first, I'm a cat lover, ahaha. I own a black cat at home, but you know, no matter what the breed, I could always think that cats are adorable. My cat is named Blair, and she sometimes passes off as a brat at times, but others, she's as gentle as a lamb. She's not as shy as most cats I encountered, as she's always open to a pat on her head, or a gentle rub on her belly.

I also love bunnies in which I had two bunnies. The first one however died, and it was sort of sad to see it pass on, but I soon got another bunny who's name is Rachel! I'm a huge sucker for fluffy animals too, ahaha, and bunnies are definitely no exception, as it's probably one of my favourite animals to keep as pets too! Although Rachel is pretty quiet, she's indeed quiiiiite the eater.

Hm, other animals that I also absolutely love are Tigers and Lions (because hooray for large cats!) as well as dogs, because, no one an resist dogs and puppies, right? I also love Giraffes because Giraffes are pretty unique for their long necks, teehee.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
My name is TD as you already know. I don't have any pets in my house because we live in an apartment and basically there's not enough place for the animal to enjoy life. However, there is a German Shepherd in my grandmom's house who we call Prince. He's around 11 years old which is quite old for a dog.

I adore dogs. German Shepherds are probably my favorite dogs as I grew up around them. I like cats but not as much as dogs. That's mainly because cats are not very social with humans but dogs are basically man's best friend.

At a young age I wanted to be a zoologist. That was specially due to my love of Polar Bears and Gorillas at that age. However, I then saw that to become a zoologist you have to learn to dissect animals and tons of disgusting things. That put an end to that dream.

I like wild animals but have personally never been able to touch them. I still like Polar Bears and like Tigers more than Lions primarily because although lions are called 'King of The Jungle', all historical evidence of fights between lions and tigers have resulted in the tiger winning. That tells me that tiger should be called 'King of The Jungle.'

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hiya! I'm Aslan although you can call me Sophie. I've had loads of pets before, some more interesting than others. They consist of 4 chickens, 3 guinea pigs, twelve fish, a rabbit and the next door's cat plus dog. I didn't have all of them at once though. Currently, all I have are a few goldfish, chickens and a guinea pig. The rest of them just died of age or health problems, which was a real shame. The cat and dog from next door are still here though so yay!

My favourite animal would have to be either a rabbit or wolf. Rabbits are just so fluffy and cute while wolves are mysterious and violent. Kinda opposites if you think about it but yeah. Oh lions are definitely cool too. I've been watching too many Narnia movies. Why do I love animals? Because I've been spending too much time searching up cute things on tumblr. Really though, growing up with animals helps a lot. At one point, I wanted to do something about animal rights. I still do but it's not something I'd devote my life to.

Anyway, yay for animals! Although they may not appreciate my terrible caretaking skills, I'll still treasure them. even when they bite my hand off :D

Oh also, have a picture of my current guinea pig! Isn't it the cutest thing. <3

OFbfnKS.jpg

(Her cage was kind of a mess when I took the photo. Oh well. :p)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Well, hey! I'm Queen of Shipping or you can just call me Gunner! Oh and did I mention I love animals?

Well, my family members are huge dog lovers. They can't get enough of them. For me, I love puppies and all, but I don't really like them biting me and stuff :[

I'm also a huge cat person and we also have fishes and stuff :]

I love rabbits and penguins and all that cuties :D

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Username: EXO時代

Hello I am Rilence/ Yang. I have 4 dogs (3 Miniature Schnauzers and 1 Miniature Poodle)! :)

I have been a animals lover since a kid; And I can't imagine my life without my pets!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I actually can't stop staring at that fox gif I placed in the OP. XD

Anyways, wow so many people have joined omg! Honestly I am legit excited to see other animal lovers as well as pet owners out there. I really enjoyed reading everyone's joining posts and it seems like you all really do enjoy animals as much as I do. <3 I'm on my phone right now so I'll edit when my desktop is free!

I had an uncle that encouraged me to be a veterinarian when I was younger because of how I took care of his dogs. But like Asty, I also have a fear of needles and all that. Haha.

Other animals I'd like to mention that I didn't mention in my OP is that I was once a fish fanatic when I was in high school. I owned from betta fishes to all types of saltwater fish. But that streak kinda came to an end when I adopted Serafina...y'all can figure out the rest of the ending. And when I adopted Abby, she was jealous at first but it took me a year for them to get along. Who says cats and dogs can't get along at all? It's all about patience! :p

Salzorrah

Years
Well I can't stop looking at that panda gif <3

Well, we had rabbits before, they were gray and one of em was white but sadly.... I guess you know what happens next :(

I loved those rabbits and such <3 The only thing that bothers me with pets is that their excrements :[ But cuddling them is so worth it :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It happens in every animal in the world, unfortunately, but it's a sign telling us that they love us and if you clean up after them they'll love you even more. :P

I'll go ahead and throw in a topic, since we got a decent amount of members. It's optional to answer, so it's up to y'all! :) Do you watch any animal TV shows? If so, which?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Do you watch any animal TV shows? If so, which?

There's this channel called Animal Planet which focuses on documentaries about animals. Most of them are really fascinating so I sometimes watch them. Other than that, I like learning about animals in the wild, in the zoo, what they do and I especially enjoy watching antartic animals for whatever reason. I get excited seeing a polar bear or penguin for whatever reason. Generally though, I actually don't tune in on the words- I'm just busy fangirling over the overload of cuteness on my screen. XD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Woof woof, woof woof woof :) woof woof woof, BARK!

Translation: I'm LilJz and I got an ADORABLE cute little puppy :)
One which I love sooo much!

His name is Snappy and me and my girlfriend got him on November 2011. He's also 3 years old now.

Here's him waking up after a nap. (Image a bit big)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I have 3 pet cats and used to have a pet duck, pet chameleons, pet rats, a pet mouse. :> It was all fun.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Hello. I'm Liam Thatcher.

I own two cats, Jack (my 10 year old sister called him Jack once for some reason and I couldn't change it anymore lol) and Marcy, and a parrot back home, an obnoxious but funny parrot (I don't really like him but my family does). I've always like cats. I had one as a kid but it passed away. I wanted a dog at one point.

So, yeah. Sign me up.

Salzorrah

Years

I don't really watch TV shows in general anymore but I did watch some cartoons and movies about animals... But when I look at the screen, the cuteness is still there even if they are just made up, I still think them as real lmao

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Does Bigfoot count as an animal? Finding Bigfoot on the Animal Planet is the only show that I watch that has anything related to animals, so if that show doesn't count, then I unfortunately don't. But I used to all the time when the Animal Planet channel was first released.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
For those of you that joined, welcome aboard! :3 Jz, your Snappy is so adorable omg! I just wanna hug it <3

Thatcher, I once had a cat named Lucky (my dad found her in the middle of the street and took her home), and we were both struggling on naming her, but the name Lucky stuck with her and we decided to call her that since. :3

I love love love watching nature documentaries on the Discovery Channel. Like, give me a show about cheetahs hunting for food and I'll be fascinated for hours. Another reason why I adore the movie March of the Penguins. I watched it on Christmas with my family and I just cry during that movie. Makes me think that nature could be both scary and beautiful at the same time. <3

I also like The Dog Whisperer, My Cat From Hell, oh oh...and SHARK WEEK. hnnggg.

Also, I want to share this video (not sure if anyone that doesn't have facebook can see it but it *is* possible. I'm looking at you, Zuckerburg.) It's about Weather Channel Meteorologist Mike Bettes and his dog, Joplyn, and how they both became best friends. Joplyn was a lone dog that was found after the devastating tornado in Joplin, Missouri and was taken down to the shelter along with 1000's of dogs and cats found. Mike Bettes visited the shelter and adopted Joplyn, since then they've been both therapists to each other. After the adoption of Joplyn, all of the dogs & cats in that same shelter were adopted.

Back