• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i downloaded FSF, but my computor says it has a virrus. is there a different tool i can use that does the same thing?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
i downloaded FSF, but my computor says it has a virrus. is there a different tool i can use that does the same thing?
Well if your "computor" has a "virrus", that's pretty serious. (check out the cool spelling of those words ;))
Where did you download FSF from, anyway?
You should've downloaded it from HackMew's toolbox. And if you did, you have an unreliable antivirus programme.

As for your question, I don't know if there's any other tool like that.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Advance Map has a find free space function, its a magnifying glass icon.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
  • Age 32
  • o3o
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Is there a move editor anywhere for Platinum? PPRE has one, with a small flaw in that it can't save your changes.
Remember, MOVE editor, not movepool.

Also, I can't seem to find an editor that works properly. I guess PPRE doesn't work properly.

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
you know the warning message before the boot screen in some hacks? how do i add my own custom one of them?

Its ASM, I believe...
I'm almost positive, because HackMew mentioned so on his screen he used ASM to make it appear first

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
  • Age 32
  • o3o
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
On second thought, if I can just be directed to tools and a guide on hacking platinum, it would be much appreciated.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
is it possible to debug a hacked rom? i was done with 100% mapping and 50% scripting up to the first gym (beta/alpha 1), then when i played through, at part it went back to the startup screen just for walking at a part, but it didn't do it before i scripted. Help!

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
So I finally give up searching everywhere, does anyone know where the start of the pokedex is in hex for Fire Red? Thanks if anyone can help me.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Are there any offsets that are specifically for the engine and should not be touched for anything other than ASM hacks?
Because there's a bug in my hack where the right button doesn't work during battles, and the left button does what both the left and the right button are supposed to do.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
So I finally give up searching everywhere, does anyone know where the start of the pokedex is in hex for Fire Red? Thanks if anyone can help me.

Well, if by Pokédex you mean where the order is located then just search the Pokémon numbers in your hex editor. The Pokédex starts with Bulbasaur, then Ivysaur then Venusaur and so forth. So, to locate the Pokédex search '--00--00--00--00--00' the '--'s represent the hex codes for whatever Pokémon is currently one through to however many in your Pokédex. I suggest you search up to ten Pokémon codes just so you know you're at the right offset.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Well, if by Pokédex you mean where the order is located then just search the Pokémon numbers in your hex editor. The Pokédex starts with Bulbasaur, then Ivysaur then Venusaur and so forth. So, to locate the Pokédex search '--00--00--00--00--00' the '--'s represent the hex codes for whatever Pokémon is currently one through to however many in your Pokédex. I suggest you search up to ten Pokémon codes just so you know you're at the right offset.

Thanks, and now I feel stupid, such a simple answer.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Alright guys, got a minor, yet irritating, problem.

Sometimes when I set the flag of an object (Which makes it permanently dissapear) it returns. Please can someone tell me if there are any different ways to permanently hide an object or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
is it possible to debug a hacked rom? i was done with 100% mapping and 50% scripting up to the first gym (beta/alpha 1), then when i played through, at part it went back to the startup screen just for walking at a part, but it didn't do it before i scripted. Help!

still hasn't been answered.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
ya, but is there a way to fix it?

also none of the new scripts were on that map, so i don't see how that effects it.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011

also none of the new scripts were on that map, so i don't see how that effects it.
Well if you added scripts there is the possibility you wrote over something and that could be your issue.
It doesn't matter which map the scripts are on, when it compiles the scripts if there is not enough room then it can write over existing scripts, which can crash or freeze the game regardless if that script was even placed in a map or not.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Can someone give me a tutorial on how to change the text with XSE? I don't get it.

It's not hard, really. You get XSE and go to options -> decompile options, and set refactoring on to whatever offset you start at (say, 0x800000), then just open a script in XSE, edit the text and recompile it, copying the offset and putting it into A-map. How hard could it be?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015

I believe HackMew has a tutorial in the tutorials section on fixing a ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back