• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You c-- ... /me snags avatar and saves it to icon folder where it will probably never be used til like a year later .... --ould just wait til you're actually interested. Or enter the favorite challenge. Yay yay yay. I need to work on that actually. I haven't felt like playing Pokemon since school's been over. I'm doing a "challenge" sorta with Penatrait. We picked each others teams for Red and Blue and we're both playing those right now...but I just beat my rival ONIONS for the second time and he's already in like Cerulean city or something IDEK. But I've been slow. lol

Years
D: I need to update my stuff now. I'm on Safe Mode on my computer now I need to save my gamefiles from Nuzelocke and Chess and put them on my iphone or something before it's doomed.

To prevent double posting I will announce that I have 3 badges in my Pokemon Seasons Winter challenge on Platnium version. I think I am going to just catch everything I can in Platnium... My Heart Gold should be in the mail tomorrow and I will do likewise on that game. I will get White soon do a few runs on that enjoy it, and eventually figure out how to fix my wifi and put all my Gold and Platnium homies on it to work on completing the Pokedex.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Syd is your school done already? Wow, Bama schools ge3t out early! We still have 2 weeks to go....

In other news, since summer is right around the corner, shouldn't we start planning out this summer event? The giant challenge tournament thing?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I'm already done! I think it's just my uni though. Not all Alabama colleges get out this early.

And personally, I think we should wait for the Get Together. That way, we could get more people into the challenge, since it would be in the main Get Together forum, and not just hidden in this one where non-regulars would never look and see it. And if people enjoy it enough, we could see more regulars and challengers around here. But, if we wanna start planning and working out bugs and stuff, that'll put us a step ahead when it is time for the Get Together.

Also, I'm thinking of an event for next month, but I don't know if it could work. So...I might do two events next month, and it would be up to you if you wanna enter one or both (or neither!) so if anyone has a suggestion, they can PM it to me if they'd like. :o Nothing too crazy, just something simple, like a theme. But no guarantees about it. I'm just trying to think of something for people to do in case they don't have the game I'm planning the event to be for. Secretive mod is secretive.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Our school has 8 weeks left. :/ And School = not nearly as much time as I'd like. Which means I probably can only do challenges on the weekends, and even then...bleh. D:

Years
Got Pokemon Heart Gold its Pokewalker in the mail today D: I probably won't replay it until I get an acekard to store more games on but I feel like I need to do a challenge. I was thinking of doing fall, but I'd feel so guilty putting my poor little starter in the PC to sit and wait while having to cart around either 2 psychics or 2 dark types ....so who knows

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
My school has two weeks of some kinds of exams, some weeks for preparing (Or vacationing like some students :I(Or challenging like me(Or working like my mom wants me to :I))), and then the last exams.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hm. Just gave away a few presents since I've noticed a few people that deserve it. Hope y'all enjoy it. :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Did I get a present? :)
So I sent in an idea to your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman Sydian and I hope it's a good idea. It was just something I mentioned on the spot, so it better be good. Still thinking of a challenge to play, and I'm seriously considering picking up FireRed again to play. Kanto was soo much fun. :)

You c-- ... /me snags avatar and saves it to icon folder where it will probably never be used til like a year later .... --ould just wait til you're actually interested.
Thought you were gonna call me a naughty word for a second there. :|

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ewww, why FireRed? :x Sick and nasty. And noooo I wasn't about to...call you...any...bad names... -whistles-

Also, everyone go look at the first post in the adv gen Q&A. lmao It looks so dumb.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Because FireRed > LeafGreen, and it's one of the only games I still have which I don't really mind restarting. Also your mum :P

I don't know what game to play for a challenge. I've already got two going in Ruby and Emerald, and I really don't want to start a new one in Hoenn, since then it would just get too repetitive. -_-

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Also, everyone go look at the first post in the adv gen Q&A. lmao It looks so dumb.
It looks all right to me. Rubyish and Sapphirish colored and neat and tidy... did I miss something?

Also, I am having trouble getting a working ROM for B/W. This will make monotypes quite hard when I get to that generation...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I never really liked playing DS games on an emulator. The emulator itself I don't think has a speed button, which is kinda crucial to Pokemon games now when playing on an emulator. Also some of them are hard to control as well.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I never really liked playing DS games on an emulator. The emulator itself I don't think has a speed button, which is kinda crucial to Pokemon games now when playing on an emulator. Also some of them are hard to control as well.
Well, if you play DPPt and HG/SS on Unlimited MHz Disaster, 10%, the battles speed up to 400-500%, inside buildings is 250% about, and outside is 190-200%, depending on where you are. The frame rate isn't as good as Realtime*2, though. That does speed it up some, although not to the extent that the VBA games (Gens I-III) do.

I find that B/W works best on Realtime*2, though.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Is it me or do challenges on R/B/Y take only a fraction of the time it take to do it on any other generation.

Thats maybe because 1. and 2. gen can be sped up to 3000-4000, and 1. is far shorter that 2. gen. :S
And its jus shorter in general

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Is it me or do challenges on R/B/Y take only a fraction of the time it take to do it on any other generation.

Oh definitely. Plus, I think that there were way more trainers in proportion to the length of the game, all with higher leveled/evolved Pokemon compared to the other games, so you got exp faster.

But yeah, it usually takes around like an hour for me to do a challenge on Red/Blue compared to the like day it takes me to go through Ruby/Sapphire (I get distracted and bored easily.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You guys didn't see the announcement where Aegis edited it the other day and then where I edited it last night? Well dang!

I tend to finish challenges faster on hard copies...proooobably because I hardly ever use emulators for challenges. I've only used one for a challenge once, which was the last event.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
How we beat the game using a Magikarp once its gets to L15 or above, You are not allowed to evolve it:

copyofpokemonemerald01dv5.png

and up to 5 HM slaves, Pickup is allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back