• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Aeroplane!

Wow someone whose actually producing stuff and sharing with us. I watched the video it was so cool! I am sure you'll fit in perfectly here. Especially if you start getting collabs going within the club! You've definitely got a wide variety of musical skills! Look forward to seeing more of your stuff indeed. What do you use to produce the tracks with?

Yeah Contro I think getting better on the guitar would be a better idea if you dont know how to train your voice, as it would be much easier xD

Years
Your gonna have to guide me through this im lost. I don't mind doin the whole evolution form!

Alright, first sign up to the site. You've told me what Poke you want to do so there is really no reason to post yet. I will put your name on the list next to the Pokes you want, but it isn't "official" that you are doing the tracks until you send us some sort of demo of the track, so that i know you are actually interested and working on it. (Many people say they will write a track, but never do.)

Welcome Aeroplane!

Wow someone whose actually producing stuff and sharing with us. I watched the video it was so cool! I am sure you'll fit in perfectly here. Especially if you start getting collabs going within the club! You've definitely got a wide variety of musical skills! Look forward to seeing more of your stuff indeed. What do you use to produce the tracks with?

Yeah Contro I think getting better on the guitar would be a better idea if you dont know how to train your voice, as it would be much easier xD

Hey man glad you like the idea! I use FL Studio 10 to produce my tracks, though I'm slowly learning Ableton Live to be able to incorporate my MIDI controllers and do a more "live set" and more "band music" rather than dance music.

You can view my other work here, everything is free download~
http://youtube.com/internetslavemaster

Glad you enjoyed the video! Was afraid people would be like "gtfo spammer" :disappoin

Also, if anyone would like to stay updated as to the project, follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PikachunesCompilation

Again, we've still got many spots to fill, everyone is welcome to join! (Assuming your music skill is up to a reasonable level.)

Last edited:

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Dude...Aeroplane...your stuff is actually awesome. I wish I could ****ing write like that...I don't have the technology or anything though. XD How much is FLStudio anyways?

Years
Dude...Aeroplane...your stuff is actually awesome. I wish I could ****ing write like that...I don't have the technology or anything though. XD How much is FLStudio anyways?

Aww thanks :3

FL Studio (the full version with all the little do-dads) is $299. There are lesser versions as well, however, I'd totally recommend a program called "Reaper". (http://www.reaper.fm/)

It is essentially free. You download it as a trial, but it has all the features, and only gives you a short prompt when you open it to buy the program. And when you've decided you want to buy the program... it's only $50.

It doesn't really come with many stock synth plugins, but you can download plenty for free online (PM me if you want to know of any). I use Reaper a lot for it's audio plugins and stuff. ;)

If you are just recording guitar or whatever, Reaper is the way to go. I know of a few professionals that use Reaper just to record keyboards/guitars/etc. into. :15:

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
So, I was wondering if anyone here could offer some guitar advice?
I'm a progressing player, but sometimes I find playing guitar uncomfortable for no reason. And, this affects my playing as I struggle to hit some notes on the guitar some times.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Hmm, that sounds good actually. : P
I'm downloading it now, I have no idea what to expect though. XD Tbh I'm a pianist and a lyricist primarily, I've tried my hand at Logic and it seemed to work fine so...

Eh, once I get the hang of it then yea I'll see what I can do about synths and stuff. (: Maybe if I get good enough I could make you one of those 151 tracks ;)

I'm a progressing player, but sometimes I find playing guitar uncomfortable for no reason. And, this affects my playing as I struggle to hit some notes on the guitar some times.

I kinda have the same problem, actually. It's not as bad when I'm playing chords, but when it comes to like solo'ing it I find it well difficult.

Years

Do you mean like, your fingers hurt, or your wrist starts to hurt, or your hands hurt?

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
@Aeroplane

When I play, my instructor says that I've to have a piece of my arm on the bridge.
But now, I'm struggling like my body just doesn't know how to play even though I do know how to. Like, when I play a certain string. I pick it, but I find it troubling to pick it.

Years
Well I mean.. if it's not comfortable for you... the sensible thing would be to not do it.

I don't know the whole situation, and it's be easier if I could see a picture or something of your form, but again, if you were fine before, why change?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I've never had any lessons, I'm self taught and all I can tell you what helped me. I messed around with different hand positions until I found the the most comfortable and at the same time do all the techniques. I find the bridge pickup's have the best sound for me for my genre of playing, but sometimes use the neck bridge. Note, my guitar has 2 hummbuckers. But guitar picking is all in the wrist, never move your arm around at all. For practice on picking grab a pick and swing your wrist back and forth as if you were picking the guitar. Do not have your arm at a 90 degree angle either, try maybe a 45 degree angle. Hope I helped.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
This only applies with the acoustic, since there isn't a strap supporting my hand.
Also, I have a little issue with my picking. It sorta happens when I'm going a little fast and accidentally miss a note or two, this is a little issue as I sometimes hit the note above or below as well.

^ Thanks, I'll try and take your answer and see what I can get out of it.

Below, actually it sometimes sound like it doesn't sound like it has the full value of the tone. It sounds like a very soft sound even though I'm picking lightly.

Last edited:
Years
Also, I have a little issue with my picking. It sorta happens when I'm going a little fast and accidentally miss a note or two, this is a little issue as I sometimes hit the note above or below as well.

That's just being a new-ish guitar player. Keep at it, eventually your brain will make the appropriate neural connections, eye-hand-coordination, etc., etc.... it comes with practice ;)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I know it's hard but look into alternate and economy picking it will definitely help your picking, trust me. On the acoustic it's suppose to sound soft when you pick lightly, or your palm muting and don't realize it. It takes awhile to get used to picking you'll eventually get used to the muscle memory and the ey-hand coordination.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
You got a point on me being a beginner, though it takes me a long time to learn a specific instrument even though I've almost been playing for a year or so. But, it's my brain that's the problem. Sometimes I forget things even though I worked my butt of the day before doing it.

Also to above, I've done nothing but use alternate picking.

Years
Ya man just keep practicing, you'll get it! I've been playing for about 5 years (sometimes for like 3 hours a day, for weeks at a time) and I still don't think I'm that good. ;)

Back