• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What do you saying? Restoring system doesnt doing with project NOTHING! NOTHING i restored systems many times a nd i dont lost any progress, and last thing is that virus is the best excuse. Thats my word, and if you cant finish that and you need few days more just post it simple peoples better llike simple word like sorry i cant finish that.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
..........No negative comments other than we'll have to wait .I wouldn't want to see this page filled with Gamer rage.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
What do you saying? Restoring system doesnt doing with project NOTHING! NOTHING i restored systems many times a nd i dont lost any progress, and last thing is that virus is the best excuse. Thats my word, and if you cant finish that and you need few days more just post it simple peoples better llike simple word like sorry i cant finish that.
I'm not lying, that's what happened. Whatever went wrong, it only has progress up to the 20th now. Are you saying I should release the demo anyway?

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Ooooh....we get to release a demo on the same day :D

New Year's Day is going to be a fun one on Pokecommunity, eh, Peeky? I'm not upset about it not being out yet, I completely understand where you're coming from. Whether or not the System Restore ruined the last 5 days of accomplishment, its still not easy meeting your release date.

God, I hope both you and I can make our games out on January 1st, though xD

ChaosNinjat

Dragon Ranger
Years
Go ahead and take as long as you need Peeky, anyone who has hacked before should realise that a hell of a lot work goes into things like this, and there's always going to be hiccups along the way, no matter how hard you try, so don't wory about it.

Christmas day was perfectly understandable, I'm not sure why some people fail to understand this, but oh well, you can't blame them for being excited, because Xenotime does look frickin' ace.

Anywho, eagerly awaiting the demo :).

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Yes you could post demo its first relase so you can always post updated version. Anyway good luck dude.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Ouch, that kinda really really sucks. I got a virus once, but I created a new user on my computer and could access all my old files as normal from there. Good luck getting everything running again, should be easier now you know what to do ^_^

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Starrmyt: Yeah, I know. That'll be a good day for the Game Dev section xD

@ChaosNinjat: Ok, thanks. Yeah, I know. Great.

@venom12: Ok.

So thanks to venom12 you guys are going to get a demo. A really bad one where there isn't even any trainer battles, that is. I'll release it later today after some beta testing.

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
@peeky-
i really think you should wait to release the demo. especially if it's got no battles or anything. some people are impatient and un-understanding that honestly, s*** happens. plus i feel like if you release a demo with almost nothing in it, it'll kinda deter people from playing the rest of the game once it's finished, cuz they'll think "what the heck? this kid just released a demo with nothing? not cool!" that whole thing. :/
anyways, i'm eagerly awaiting your decision, and your demo. :)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@toastier: Yeah, I was considering delayng it, but, I don't know...
Venom12 added me to msn and was supposed to have fixed the error so battles could happen, but it didn't work. And now he's gone.

What does everyone else think I should do?

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Just wait. Don't rush things and release when you know the game will have no bugs. We were originally going to release Pokemon Helio Version on December 8th but changed it to January 1st because of some things we thought needed fixing/changing the graphics.

When you think it's worthy of release, release it. Don't let the public pressure you into releasing it earlier.

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
@peeky-
well that's pretty crappy. :/ i would help, but i have never done anything that has to do with hacking except playing hacks. x.x;;

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
*cough* not-a-hack *cough*

Yeah, i'd wait dude. I mean wouldnt it be better for folks to get the best first impression of your game possible? Some people might get turned off by a less-than-complete demo. I know i would.

And I'm sure the internet community [save a few, like Ben.] could wait another couple of days for a better quality demo.

:D

PokeDuude

Mediocre Trader
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
I am ok with waiting for the demo. New Year's Day is not so bad, and those like me are only playing, not contributing in the makings whatsoever :P.

ChaosNinjat

Dragon Ranger
Years
@Peeky, I agree with Toastier, Aquakip and Starrmyt. If you release a demo without the battles and stuff, you're essentially just showing the graphics of the game, which is why we have screenies ;). You release it when you think it's ready dude.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
The excuses seem awfully convneient. I know for a fact system restore only restores changes system files and settings, personal files and documents are left intact.

You shouldn't announce a release date even if theres a slight chance of not meeting it.
It just damages credibility if you don't make the date.

You might find this program helpful
Use this program. mirror.exe

It's a really simple backup utility.
It remembers your destinations and stuff. so just click "Mirror" on it once a day, and you'll be fine. It's really quick too. I run it before i go to sleep. I have a pen drive thats (almost) permenently hooked up to my PC as my backup location.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022

The demo will not be released today. The reason for this is that two days ago two trojans infected my computer. I got rid of then and it all seemed fine but it seems they had left quite a lot of damage. Things weren't loading properly or fast enough (like firefox 4 which wouldn't work at all) so I had to do a system restore. Sadly the last restore point was on the 20th, meaning any progress done after that was lost permanently. The progress since then was quite a lot of eventing, and the fixing of a game killing error. Now all lost. So naturally, the demo will have to be delayed five days to make up for the time lost. I'm really sorry for this guys, but as you can see it was out of my control.

Not trying to be mean or anything but it's really unlikely that 2 trojans activated near the same time and did anything harmful to the point of needing to use a system restore. My advise is get a better antivirus such as Avast! (best on for free) or Norton (best one for money)

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
This games look cool =D i joined PokemonCommunity just to find hacks Peeky i rooting for ya =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back