• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I add a new script, I keep it simple, I designate an offset, I save to ROM, I paste
the offset to an event in Advance Map, I save to ROM, I open the same ROM
in visualboy advance, talk to the same event..........
All that it it ever does is give me an Elixir. I've tried this with different scripts.
What do I do?

Oh yeah, by the way I forgot to say I'm using pksvui 1.54.
This may be a NEW bug.

Last edited:

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Though, having said what I said, Score_under, you really should stop having a go at Pokespam. Seriously. I hadn't read through the PokeShop thread when I posted my comment earlier.

EDIT: I think this is some sort of on-going conflict, is it not? Sorry to get involved.
You have a point... and yes, an on-going conflict, which I wish was not going on.

I add a new script, I keep it simple, I designate an offset, I save to ROM, I paste
the offset to an event in Advance Map, I save to ROM, I open the same ROM
in visualboy advance, talk to the same event..........
All that it it ever does is give me an Elixir. I've tried this with different scripts.
What do I do?

Oh yeah, by the way I forgot to say I'm using pksvui 1.54.
This may be a NEW bug.
I've never seen this before, but I'll post some examples of what you can use...
Code:
#org somewhere
'Give pokeball script [FR/LG/R/S/E] with message
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 POKEBALL
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 1 'The amount
callstd MSG_OBTAIN
end
Code:
#org somewhere
'Give pokeball script [FR/LG/R/S/E] without message
additem POKEBALL 1 'additem ITEM AMOUNT
end
wait... If you've all got it... HOW!!!

when i got to the download link it just opens the page and... well, thats it!!!
HELP ME!!!
If the page is working correctly, then there should be a green download button on the right after following the link. Click the download button, it should load just 1 more page, and download the file from there.

If this continues, I think I'll have to disable reputation for fear it will drop ridiculously low, by one person single-handedly.
Then again, I could be one of those rare few people with that *extremely rare* red (shiny sprite pallet?) blip icon.

Can you say... yuck?
Spoiler:

Before adding any replies to this page, read post 3888883 [top of the page].

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • F:\u
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
On topic, I'd like to say this program lags like the devil on my fully functional, 32-bit Windows Vista computer.

And yes, you are a poo face. Get over it. ^^

score_under

Years
On topic, I'd like to say this program lags like the devil on my fully functional, 32-bit Windows Vista computer.

And yes, you are a poo face. Get over it. ^^
How did you know my web-developer-based weakness? Spacer GIFs!
Actually, that's off topic. It's physically impossible for this to lag more than VB.

Now can we please, stop destroying the thread? Its shields are low and it's got severe damage to the right wing.

I shall restate, for those facing critical meltdown and G-Diffuser overload because of this thread, read post 3888883.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
It's off topic to discuss your lag? And that's like, the most retarded comment I've ever heard. It's not physically impossible for a C program to run slower than a Visual Basic .NET program. So, what your saying is Windows, a C-based OS, uses less memory to run than my simple starter editor created in Visual Basic .NET? Wow. I didn't know that!

Next time I give you valid criticism, you take it like a man, and like a programmer. Obviously your program uses a lot of resources in general, or just wigs out when facing Vista. Either way, it's a bug, and it should be brought to the developer's attention.

Admittedly, though, a perfectly coded program in Visual Basic .NET, depending on it's purpose, might lag a bit more than something written in a high level programming language like C or Basic. However, there are a number of drawbacks to both developer and user when using high level programming languages unnecessarily.

score_under

Years
Windows, a C-based OS, uses less memory to run than my simple starter editor created in Visual Basic .NET? Wow. I didn't know that!
I'm not even going to answer that.
MAINI again said:
Next time I give you valid criticism, you take it like a man, and like a programmer
It would help if you actually had the program, or if it was physically possible that it should lag more than any .NET prog. More x86 opcodes [used in high level .NET and VB routines] = more lag. Therefore much less [glibc and C routines] = less lag.
Obviously your program uses a lot of resources in general, or just wigs out when facing Vista. Either way, it's a bug, and it should be brought to the developer's attention.
It uses 2 megabytes of RAM.
And if it genuinely does lag [ha!] and use many resources, I suggest an advanced programmer like you could easily point out the bottleneck's VM address using OllyDBG.
Or SoftIce, or whatever you prefer for this type of work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Memory usage varies on different computers. Also, like I said, different situations call for different languages and tactics. Why the hell were object-oriented programming languages created if they're useless? For a C programmer, you really don't know a lot about the business in general, no offense.

Also, for your purposes, I can confidently say, with experience, that your program would not be afflicted with too much excess lag were you to change languages to something like Visual Basic or Visual C#! And I do actually have the program. And I only downloaded it to bug test it, because I was bored. I'm not using it, but to be honest, if you don't want to improve your program, then go ahead and disregard my posts. I, for one, think that's pretty stupid.

And, Gabe, nothing much. Dude, I just gave him some helpful information, not even criticism per say, and his amazing inferiority complex kicks in, he gets all defensive, and suddenly his program defies everything Turing ever said, because it has no bugs whatsoever, and is perfect, regardless of platform.

Get over yourself, kid. I gave you some information on your program. I'd be thanking you had you done the same. Albeit sarcastically, because I dislike you with the passion of 17 poodles on funky cold Medina.

Years
Maybe he wouldn't think you were just saying it to annoy him if you hadn't come and annoyed him about copyrighted sprites. Speaking of copyrighted sprites, what had 494 of those... Oh yeah, starter cat!

score_under

Years
Memory usage varies on different computers.
I would like you to post a debug session, to prove your point is valid as I don't honestly believe you.
Also, like I said, different situations call for different languages and tactics. Why the hell were object-oriented programming languages created if they're useless?
To make coding easier when you don't have linked lists.
I can confidently say, with experience, that your program would not be afflicted with too much excess lag were you to change languages to something like Visual Basic or Visual C#!
This is just flamebaiting, without even the slightest element of truth.
And I do actually have the program. And I only downloaded it to bug test it, because I was bored. I'm not using it, but to be honest, if you don't want to improve your program, then go ahead and disregard my posts. I, for one, think that's pretty stupid.
If you, being a programmer could post a screenshot of the bottleneck in memory usage
using OllyDBG, I would regard that as a complete bug report and it would help further improve my program(-ming).

And nothing. Dude, I just gave him some helpful information, not even criticism per say, and his amazing inferiority complex kicks in, he gets all defensive, and suddenly his program defies everything Turing ever said, because it has no bugs whatsoever, and is perfect, regardless of platform.
My program is not perfect. It's good enough for me and that's why I made it.

Get over yourself, kid. I gave you some information on your program. I'd be thanking you had you done the same. Albeit sarcastically, because I dislike you with the passion of 17 poodles on funky cold Medina.
I have got over myself.
I have received dubiously anomalous information on my program from you.
I would be thanking you, had there been any detail on what causes it.

Are there... poodles on Medina? Ah well, I'd probably shoot them before I notice what they are...

gabe_k said:
starter cat!
Ah, the glorious days of SU<->MAINI neutrality.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Score_Under, you have limited knowledge of programming. And no, I'm not posting screenshots and debug sessions to prove a well-known fact of computing to you. If you go on another computer, and run the same application, and perform different operations with it, it's memory usage will differ. It's not that illusive a fact, or something.

I credited Nintendo on most Starter Cat releases, and had anyone said anything, I'd have removed any copyrighted images. Also, I didn't modify any sprites at all.

I gave you enough details. Your program, in general, lags on Vista. I'm not giving you a full debug report and taking 30 screenshots and a video capture session! You're the developer, figure it out!

No, you haven't gotten over yourself. You say things without knowing what you're talking about so you can feel good about yourself. No, my comment wasn't flamebaiting, and yes, it was pure truth. I would be willing to bet in conversion to an object-oriented programming language, your program would be hardly suffer any extraneous lag whatsoever.

When you're a douche in my topic, I usually ignore it. When I post valid, however annoying to you they are, points in yours, you disregard them and use them as a springboard for various nonsensical insults.

Gabe, honestly, you've blown up about everything anyone does, especially me, on this forum, who's in PokeSpam, at every single opertunity arrisen. I'm tired of it. You're not our caretakers, and you seriously need to just chill out. The most successful mediators are ones who let be until intervention is absolutely necessary. Not everybody has to be in love with you, man. Just because not everyone is happy with eachother at the moment doesn't mean your precious programming group is going to fall apart and your live's work is going down the drain in one fatal blow. Score_Under and I bickering isn't making everybody hate PokeSpam all of a sudden. This is a personal affair between Score_Under and I, and to be completely honest, everything I've said was reasonable. It may have not been nice, but it was certanily reasonable. I did like, 3 unreasonable things, it was because I was bored, and Score_Under probably laughed at them more than he was offended by them.

Anyway, Darthatron and I, and a lot of other people on the board, think you're a bit conceited, Score_Under. I'm not associating with you anymore, so yeah, I think I'll just stay out of your release topics from now, and you stay out of mine, because it's obvious you have a crippling fear of inadequacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Because Mr.Michael asked me to

First, Michael don't use Vista, everything lags.

Second, this thread derailed like a skater losing balance on a grind, why don't you kids just play nice, and not talk, If you have better advice, then why not just give it, stop being gluts(Can anyone catch that pun?) ;)

Where the heck are the mods? They should be doing this.

Get this lack of a thread back on topic.

IMO(There's enough open source script editors already. And hex editing a script is much better then using a parser)

score_under

Years
gluts(Can anyone catch that pun?) ;)
Yes! A nice, open-source library! Go glut!

Where the heck are the mods? They should be doing this.
I have summoned them with the exclamation-mark-in-a-triangle of doom.

I think that if MAINI sticks to his promise and does not create any more havoc in this thread, then this will return safely on-topic.

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
The download worked! Hooray!

And I like to say, not to join in on the argument but to encourage people to download this brilliant program, it doesn't lag. Not on my computer anyway.

score_under

Years
The download worked! Hooray!

And I like to say, not to join in on the argument but to encourage people to download this brilliant program, it doesn't lag. Not on my computer anyway.
As soon as I repartition my hard drive, I will test it on an emulated Vista installation...

score_under

Years
You just find some free space (ctrl+p) and overwrite that area of the ROM, using #org (since it's not being used). Press F9, or ROM tools->Compile, or click the cog button on the toolbar, as this will save the script to the ROM.
Then you just put in the script offset (usually the first #org) into AdvanceMap or equivalent, and save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back