• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
kJ85wAr.png

I got this error while importing spritesheets and now I'm continually getting it trying to load the rom. I'd already imported like 50 sheets so I'm not exactly sure what's causing this. I'm using G3HS with a MrDS patched rom, so that could have led to ini issues or something.

For some reason, the Expand Pokemon button is missing. I am using the windows version. How might this be fixed?
You're using Firered, right?

Last edited:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
So, this is an amazing tool. There's two things it can't change, though. There is one byte in the Pokémon data that tells the game whether or not to flip it on the status screen. That one I don't really care about. Though, the cries also can't be changed. I expanded the Pokémon and it does seem I have to use the Hoenn auxiliary cry table. It looks like the bytes about the sound modifications come first and then a list of pointers. Changing the first one that points to a blank sound doesn't yield anything, though — the first Pokémon I added still has Bulbasaur's cry. So that's my question — how do you actually change the pointers to the cries? Sorry if this sounds way too noobish.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
So I have important question. So when you all implement to this tool EMERALD EXPANDER?

From the documentation:
(It only exists for BPRE because it has only ever been done on that. The code
follows DoesntKnowHowToPlay's tutorial to the letter.

In short, expanding the number of Pokemon in a rom is really complicated and the capability doesn't exist yet for Emerald (at least until someone like DKHTP figures it out).

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
I was wondering something. I tried expanding the amount of Pokémon but for some reason it crashes everytime I try. I use Pokemon Fire Red.

It says it has encountered a problem and it needs to be closed. And then it asks me for error report sending.

AriArk

Survey Corps
Years
I was wondering something. I tried expanding the amount of Pokémon but for some reason it crashes everytime I try. I use Pokemon Fire Red.

It says it has encountered a problem and it needs to be closed. And then it asks me for error report sending.

I can't fix any errors myself, but i'm sure that if you need help, you should take a screenshot of the error (PRTSC key or FN+PRTSC key) and put it on here, so the people who know what they're doing can fix it XD

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
I can't fix any errors myself, but i'm sure that if you need help, you should take a screenshot of the error (PRTSC key or FN+PRTSC key) and put it on here, so the people who know what they're doing can fix it XD

I can't post links since I don't have enough posts but it doesn't say much more than what I already said.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017

You might not have the latest .NET framework.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 23, 2015
HELP: So I added Glaceon and Leafeon in some of the empty spaces between Celebi and Treeko and neither of their pokedex entries save.

Last edited:

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
Just a quick question... I added 50 new pokemon slots and changed the first one to Zorua, but how do I put it in wild for example, because Advancemap doesn't show it up in the list and will change it to Zubat if I put in Zorua.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
Same problem as Josh...also, how many pokemon would you guys recommend to expand? I don't want to screw up the rom, 526 is fine?

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
If you want to expand Advance Map to show up all your expanded pokemon in the wild editor:

1. Download HxD and install it
2. Open Advance Map .exe in HxD
3. Go to address D027C
4. You see 9C, that's 156. Don't worry, this is the end 156.
5. After that you have 28 extra entries (after Chimeco), bad egg (1), all unowns except for A (27). Then you have to add the amount of pokemon you added to that number, for instance 10. Which makes it 38.
6. Add the 38 to the 156. This makes 194.
7. If the above number is above 255, you have to use a different method.
8. Go to http://hextodecimal.com/index.php and scroll down, find your number (for instance 194) and read what's the hex, in this case hex C2.
9. Change the 9C in C2.
10. Save it and open Advance Map.
11. You can select your pokemon for wild pokemon!

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
can someone upload this on Mediafire or some other common site?
The connection is ridiculously poor from github, can't download an 11mb file, it keeps getting stuck in between due to connection errors.

Downloads from other sites are working great. HALP.

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
Years
I received the compressed LZ77 data error when expanding as a test to 493 pokemon. I repoint the sprites to given offsets when I load the next pokemon slot it says ERROR: data is not LZ77 compressed anyone have a fix for this?

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
Years
Sorry, can't tell if this has already been fixed or not, but I found an error.
7NEFcGf.png

Again, sorry if this has already been fixed.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Sorry if this is something really obvious, though I can't get JPAN's hacked engine to replace Pokémon with expanded ones. I decrypt the proper slot, use special 0x16 (memory viewer confirms 0x8005 is the index I want) and then encrypt it again. Nothing happens. I also tried changing 0x8005 to 1 and the Pokémon does indeed get replaced with Bulbasaur - actually, whatever I put works, just as long as it isn't more than 19B (Chimecho). My guess is JPAN put a limiter or something, though I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 16, 2020
I am confused This may sound nooby but what doo I download on git hub which option?

Back