• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thank you! I'm glad you like them. ^_^

UPDATE: Another Meowth pic. :3
Another_Meowth_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

And I'm thinking about making a card with it...
Meowth_holoillus.png

Last edited:

toyaki

the lengendary swordman
Years
Nekoban Ryo *Nya!* i think u draw really good and great job on doing all those draws but i got 2 questions
-the guy in your avatar/banner did u draw it?
-and the "A 3D PokeBall that many seem to like" picture wat did u used to make that?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Nekoban Ryo *Nya!* i think u draw really good and great job on doing all those draws but i got 2 questions
-the guy in your avatar/banner did u draw it?
-and the "A 3D PokeBall that many seem to like" picture wat did u used to make that?

Thanks you very much. :3

Yes, I did draw the guy in my avatar/banner. He's an original character of mine.

It may come as a shock to you, but I actually made the 3-D PokeBall on PowerPoint. :o

toyaki

the lengendary swordman
Years
well ya i m shocked right now,well if i can do something like that in powerpoint i m going to see wat i can do more and try to find out how can i do it XD

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Added new "Mako <3 Touma" pic to the Hand/Digital section.

Definately not my best work... It was my first attempt to do Minami-ke fanart and I'm not very used to doing these kissy scenes. They look so much better in the anime.

If you've never watched Minami-ke, I'll fill you in on some info about these characters. The one on the left if Mako-chan and the one on the right is Touma. One is a guy and one is a girl, but can you tell just by looking?

Makoto (Mako-chan) is a boy who was in the youngest Minami sister's (Chiaki) class. One day, he gets invited to her house to study. While there, he ends up getting a crush on the oldest Minami sister (Haruka), but Chiaki doesn't like this, so she gets mad at him. Makoto wants to go back to Minami's place, but can't go without a disguise. The middle Minami sister (Kana) gets the idea to disguise him as a girl, thus Mako-chan was born.

Touma is a girl in the same grade as Chiaki, but she looks rather boyish. She seemed rather touchy to sexist remarks, so she demanded that the other guys treat her as a boy. Seeing as Touma had the same last name as herself, Chiaki adopted her as her younger brother. While at the Minami (not the "other Minami") residence, Touma was to be treated as a boy and dress as a boy.

If you watched the series, you would see why I think these two would make such a cute couple.

Minami-ke is (c)2004-2009 Koharu Sakuraba.

Here's the link: http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/160/7/8/Mako_chan_and_Touma_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I have finally made a new OC!

Aki the Tanuki
Aki_the_Tanuki___Cropped_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png
OC_Aki___Colored_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

The tanuki is said to have the ability to shape-shift.
Could this be his true form?

His name is Japanese for Autumn.​

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Fairly large update...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Of course I like it, no wait love it. The background of the picture makes it look so natural and it goes very well for her or any other Ice type Pokemon. You make Ghost type Pokemon look good as well as Ice types

:t354:TG

I'm glad you like love it and think so! Thanks! :D

--- --- ---

UPDATE: Attempted to imitate the Sugimori style via GIMP. I failed on my first attempt, but I kind'a like how the second one came out.

Weavile___Poor_Sugi_Attempt_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png
Weavile___Better_Sugi_Attempt_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

I also stuck it on a BG. Reminds me of a Magazine scan.

Weavile___Better_Sugi_Attempt_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Where are you peoples!? I miss your comments!

UPDATE: Added new Nidoqueen pics.

Nidoqueen_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

You know, I think this is the very first Nidoqueen picture I have drawn. I have to say I am quite pleased with it. I hope you all like it as well.

The background for the first image came from the New Mexico Department of Transportation website.

Pokemon is (c)2009 Pokemon/Nintendo.

UPDATE 2: Added new Delibird pic.

Delibird_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

Because I love Ice-type Pokemon, I have the urge to draw them. I want to make a fake card set that is based around Pokemon owned by me (which are mostly Ice-types, with few exceptions such as Dragonair, Milotic, and Nidoqueen), so I'm trying to draw up some of my favorites so I can do just that.

This is the first Delibird pic that has turned out for me. I usually start drawing the eyes and, for some reason, it becomes ugly. I managed to preserve Delibird's cuteness in this picture, though.

Here's an extra little treat for you guys: a Delibird avatar. You'll need to resize it to 130x130 pixels in order to use it here.

I hope you guys like this!

Pokemon is (c)2009 Pokemon/Nintendo.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: New "My Shugo Eggs" image added.

My_Shugo_Eggs___3D_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

I'm a big fan of the anime "Shugo Chara!" (aka My Guardian Characters), so I was inspired (actually a long time ago) to make my own eggs and characters like are in the show. I had already designed Maneki (and egg) and Kitame, but they are in desperate need of concept updates. I redesigned Maneki's egg and finally made Kitame's egg and another egg popped out. I'm not very good at making 3D objects (my rendering skills suck), so I just try to make them 3D-ish with GIMP. I'm not a huge fan of 3D work, but, since the eggs in the anime are 3D, I figure mine should be too.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'm glad you like it! Thanks for commenting!

--- --- ---

I made a Shugo Egg for my sister. o.o

My_Sister__s_Egg_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

PM me if you're a Shugo Chara fan and I'll make one for you. :3

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Newly Added: My Shugo Charas!

My_Shugo_Charas_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Inspired by Peach-Pit's "Shugo Chara!" anime/manga, these are my Guardian Characters:

Maneki (MAH NAY KEE) is a neko character who represents my cat-like nature and desire to be able to make money without having to work hard for it (but who doesn't). He's pretty lazy, but adept to finding loose change. Unlike Kitame, Maneki can Charater Transform (see Nekoban Ryo). Remarkably, he is quite useful in battle. He hatches from my black egg.

Kitame (KEE TAH MAY) is an artist character who represents my desire to be a better artist and help design characters/creatures/objects for stories, shows, and games. He has a rather shy personality, but gets hyper when hearing or seeing something about anime. His abilities allow him to make objects (not animals or people) just by drawing them, which comes in handy when it comes to battles. Kitame can Character Change with me, but, unfortunately, he cannot Character Transform. He hatches from my white egg.

Shimo (SHEE MOH) is based on a snow-boarder and represents, not only my love for cool weather, but my desire to be a more outgoing person. He has a cool attitude. Little is known about this lil' guy's abilities. He hatches from my blue egg.

--- --- ---

If you pay attention to my art you may notice something that could be called an "easter egg."

Look at Kitame's hair-style. Look familiar? It's the same style as my OC, Kj'kun Neko.
Take a look at Maneki's hair. Have you noticed that it is the same style as my OC Aki the Tanuki?

Unlike Kitame and Maneki, Shimo's hair is not based on any of my previous OC's.

Back