• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
Restating previous question.

I want to add extra evolutionary stones that will actually work. Anyone know how?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Can someone please give me a list of programs that I need to start a hack?

sure.
first thing you'll need is a scripting tool.
it is for you to create new events in the game.
that tool would be HackMew's XSE tool.

secondly is a map-editing tool for you to edit and create maps of your own.
that tool would be LU-HO's Advance Map tool.

those two important tools, plus many others, are available for download in the Toolbox section.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Someone link me to the thread that lists all the hacks that are completed. I can't find it anymore.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
nvm guy i took the original oak script from fire red and pasted it into my hack disregaurd my last question

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
Hello, I searched xith the searching tool but I didn't find what I was looking for so I'm asking here. Is there a tutorial to change the tileset? because we're making a hack with some friends and we want to make the game graphics look like in HG/SS. We're french so it's much harder to find what we want on this forum. If there is not, is it possible that someone explain it on this tread? Thank you by advance, supersam2

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
question about tileset editing...

i know how to do this generally but the problem comes from when i start a tileset it always scrambles my maps am i just supposed to remap with my custom tilset or am i doing something wrong?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
question about tileset editing...

i know how to do this generally but the problem comes from when i start a tileset it always scrambles my maps am i just supposed to remap with my custom tilset or am i doing something wrong?
Yeah just remap with your tiles.
It happens because you replace your tiles with old ones and in the map picture it uses those tiles that you replaced. Just remap.

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
I found them at 0xD66480.

o_O
I'm still really confused. Can you provide pictures?

I figured it out, turns out I accidently deleted one of the tilesets.

STILL NEEDS ANSWERING (I've looked everywhere!):

Where can I find the Overworld Resizer/Changer (link in thread takes me to fileden homepage)? I've already considered downloading Nameless Sprite Editor, however, I don't want to download .net framework.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
another question this only happens with trees but when i put something into a pallette and i load the tiles i screws my palette up and my maps and it just shows all black tiles in the pallette

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
can you add a sprite that shares pokedex info with another one, but can have different attacks and type?

example:
onix, rock type
crystalonix, rock ice type

still not answered!!! >:|

Cardboard Roof

PokéROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Yeah um, im a noob of epic proportion. I dont know what a hex editor is or how to use one. isnt there just an a-starter like program for FR?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
another question this only happens with trees but when i put something into a pallette and i load the tiles i screws my palette up and my maps and it just shows all black tiles in the pallette

Did you make sure to write the changes to the ROM (assuming you're using AdvanceMap)?

Yeah um, im a noob of epic proportion. I dont know what a hex editor is or how to use one. isnt there just an a-starter like program for FR?

A-Starter should work for Fire Red.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
A hex editor is used to modify ROMs. Tools are built to make it easier instead of using a hex editor, if I'm correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back