• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Sorry for asking,but how could i find that script in XSE? xD I have the offset but i don't see any script finding thing.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry for asking,but how could i find that script in XSE? xD I have the offset but i don't see any script finding thing.

In Advance Map, did you set XSE as the script editor? (As in, under tools, did you select the Script Editor option, and link to XSE?). Select the old woman in Advance Map, and click Open Script all in Advance Map. It should open XSE if you selected it as the Script Editor to use in Advance Map.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Thanks,it works. =)
The only problem is,that she begins the coversation but she doesn't give me the egg!(?) She says the things like i have already took the egg..I actually moved her to route 105, so should i move the scripts from Lavaridge there? I'm confused...

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
I've tried searching all over for this, and This may have been posted but I tried searching the thread so I am sorry if this has been asked, or if this is an insanely stupid question, but I am really new to this hacking thing. But how do I force the name of the rival in a script for FireRed. I mean to make the name in the script the same as whatever the player chose, so it doesn't say "Gary" when refering to the rival if the player named him "Bob"?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I've tried searching all over for this, and This may have been posted but I tried searching the thread so I am sorry if this has been asked, or if this is an insanely stupid question, but I am really new to this hacking thing. But how do I force the name of the rival in a script for FireRed. I mean to make the name in the script the same as whatever the player chose, so it doesn't say "Gary" when refering to the rival if the player named him "Bob"?

Just put "\v\h06" in the text you want.
Here's an example in XSE:

#org @dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= \h\06 is your rival.

This will make it say "Gary is your rival." if that is the rival's name, of course.

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
When I inserted this pokemart, this little line came up behind it, how do I get rid of it?
Capture-1.jpg

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Just put "\v\h06" in the text you want.
Here's an example in XSE:

#org @dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= \h\06 is your rival.

This will make it say "Gary is your rival." if that is the rival's name, of course.

"[rival]" does the same thing (granted he's using XSE) and is a lot more intuitive.

When I inserted this pokemart, this little line came up behind it, how do I get rid of it?
Capture-1.jpg

Um, you could export the tileset, erase the line, and then reinsert it. :\

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Ya I fixed it, im slow :P But now the corners dont have grass, its black. How do I fix that? Sorry I just learned tile inserting today

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Ya I fixed it, im slow :P But now the corners dont have grass, its black. How do I fix that? Sorry I just learned tile inserting today

You need to use the Block Editor to put some grass tiles on the lower level of the block. Though if you edited the preexisting PokéMart block, then there should already be grass there.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
Once again, Im asking a super noobish scripting question but I just started ROM hacking less than 3 days ago, I tried looking for it in the forums, but due to my lack of understanding and terminology, I couldn't find it.

If I wanted to make the Mom character say something to me (A simple talking script) but then the next time I talk to her say something different, would I assign a flag as the first one? and do I assign the flag to a script tile in Advance map?

Sorry for asking the most simplistic of question, My questions probably aren't that interesting to answer :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Once again, Im asking a super noobish scripting question but I just started ROM hacking less than 3 days ago, I tried looking for it in the forums, but due to my lack of understanding and terminology, I couldn't find it.

If I wanted to make the Mom character say something to me (A simple talking script) but then the next time I talk to her say something different, would I assign a flag as the first one? and do I assign the flag to a script tile in Advance map?

Sorry for asking the most simplistic of question, My questions probably aren't that interesting to answer :P

Yes. You must set a flag and check it in the script. However, you don't need a script tile for this. Here's an example. Let's say that the flag 0x1220 is set when you talk to OAK.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1220
if 0x1 goto @secondmessage // this means "if 0x1220 is set, jump to @secondmessage
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @secondmessage
msgbox @2
release
end

#org @1
= Come back after you talk to Oak.

#org @2
= You talked to Oak!

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Ok I fixed it, when I put a tile in Infranview and decrease the color depth to 16 colors it messes up the tile, and puts dots everywhere. Whats up with that?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ok I fixed it, when I put a tile in Infranview and decrease the color depth to 16 colors it messes up the tile, and puts dots everywhere. Whats up with that?
The tile might have too many colors.
Try fixing it up a little in Paint and try indexing it again.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Or dithering is set on. When you select "Decrease Color Depth", there is an option for Auto Dither. Turn that off when you select the amount of colours for the pallette.

Or both.

rstar095

Baby Seal Clubber
Years
is there any way to extract maps and pokemon data from yape out of a game and insert it to another cause my game is a f****ed up and there are some stuff i dont want to do over again

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
How is time read from ruby? I'm assuming it would be a writebytetooffset because that's what it is or firered with the day and night system, but I don't know which byte to write (that rhymes!) to which offset, and I need it for day and night animations.

Years
is there any way to extract maps and pokemon data from yape out of a game and insert it to another cause my game is a f****ed up and there are some stuff i dont want to do over again

With Maps, you can save them as .map files (along with their tilesets, palettes and blocksets), and import them all into the new ROM. I've done this about times with my hack, thankfully I haven;'t needed to lately, though.
With Pokemon data, however, I don't think YAPE has an "export" option. Unforunately, you'll have to do that again.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
How is time read from ruby? I'm assuming it would be a writebytetooffset because that's what it is or firered with the day and night system, but I don't know which byte to write (that rhymes!) to which offset, and I need it for day and night animations.

In Ruby, the current time is stored at '0x03000460'. Keep in mind that it's stored in Binary-Coded Decimal. You can find the hex values somewhere else in the RAM but I don't know the address for Ruby.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

You've already gotten an answer on maps, and I can address the YAPE Problem.
Unfortunatly, YAPE does not have an EXPORT function, BUT, if you know how to use a Hex Editor, an hadn't re-pointed any data, you COULD go to the offsets where all of the different sets of data are and copy/overwrite them to your new ROM...
You'd have to visit several offsets in order to get the info, but you COULD do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back