• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Exactly, though for me it's that Charmander... -__-

By the way, I'm at 946 hatched in Diamond 2. ^_^

Good luck bro. We gotta keep going.... even my friend told me
"you dont need to give up quite yet"
exact quote. And when he says stuff like that, he means it and it's awesome.

2,430 hatched. I wonder if I could break 2,600 tomorrow....

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
There is no way you could ever knock ME out!

You'll be seeing red by the time I'm through with you...

Come on, I'm ready for ya..... x1,000,000,000

XD
Russian wrestling is always number 1!
Ultimate Atomic Busterrrr!! yeah I really need to renew my Xbox Live, then I can take on all comers with the Red Cyclone...just not Ken, that cheap Fierce Shoyruken spammer.
Though its really fun defeating Kens with the taunt master Dan :P...Saikyo!

Anyways no luck with Combee yesterday, going to resume my Charmander hunt today. Good luck everyone!

Years
I have some very depressing news that I just discovered...
Platinum's RNG is broken. So that means that Storm just got EXTREMELY lucky. This is just great. Now how the hell am I going to get a shiny Arceus?

And still, nothing new. Isn't this just great? Loads of surprises! I'm getting closer to being able to Surf in LeafGreen, so I can dual hunt Tangela. That little bush isn't gonna hide from me for much longer...
Good luck to all.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Platinum's RNG is broken. So that means that Storm just got EXTREMELY lucky. This is just great. Now how the hell am I going to get a shiny Arceus?

And still, nothing new. Isn't this just great? Loads of surprises! I'm getting closer to being able to Surf in LeafGreen, so I can dual hunt Tangela. That little bush isn't gonna hide from me for much longer...
Good luck to all.

where did you hear the news from

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Spoiler:

My next target to get to shine will be the random One Island shiny I am hunting for. Congrats to new shinies everyone.
Congrats on the beautiful shiny Spiritomb! Nice nature, too. ^__^

Good luck to all.

I believe I read a Japanese article about this earlier and the RNG is based on the DS clock (unless my memory is awful :x), but hopefully, it can work to our advantage..

Good luck on the Tangela hunt, and good luck to everyone else on there hunts. I've shifted from Emerald hunting to simply breeding in Diamond, in preparation for my Platinum team.

Also, about the discussion of shiny patches breaking chains: That happened to me too. My chain broke immediately after I caught my first shiny Shinx. I was kinda ticked, but I was under the... Thingy you can jump over. A brown cliff? I'll look up the route later, as my laptop is slow. <<

Years
It is on Smogon.
And as soon as a new day starts at 12 A.M., the RNG resets. So that means you only have 1,640*>1,000 numbers to have either a shiny number or a number with good values. Otherwise, you'll have to make a new profile. I have also heard that it is only possible to get a shiny starter, although Storm, oddsok (From SPPf), and halcyon (YouTube) have all gotten Platinum shinies...

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Good luck bro. We gotta keep going.... even my friend told me
"you dont need to give up quite yet"
exact quote. And when he says stuff like that, he means it and it's awesome.

2,430 hatched. I wonder if I could break 2,600 tomorrow....

Yeah!! Hatching for the win, and I ain't giving up anytime soon. Good luck as well.

Platinum's RNG is broken.
So that means that Storm just got EXTREMELY lucky. This is just great. Now how the hell am I going to get a shiny Arceus?

Good luck to all.

Heh, lucky for me, I have no idea what the Random Number Generator is or how it works (I'm not that good with deep in-game mechanics). ^^;

Good luck to all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
My luck is back :D:
S5030803.jpg

I decided a few minutes ago to SR for Mudkip in Ruby. When I sent out the 8th Mudkip, it was purple :D. Shiny Mudkip appeared in Ruby and I wasn't really trying. I didn't think I would get it, not when I got shiny Spiritomb yesterday.

This is my first shiny in this game, so I'm pretty pumped right now. Mudkip has a Timid nature, and is male(I was hoping for a female, but a shiny is better than no shiny).

More pictures:

No devices
Shiny Mudkip, Timid nature

I'll be adding the video's pretty soon, after I upload them. Congrats to new shinies guys, can't wait for Platinum.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
My luck is back :D:
S5030803.jpg

I decided a few minutes ago to SR for Mudkip in Ruby. When I sent out the 8th Mudkip, it was purple :D. Shiny Mudkip appeared in Ruby and I wasn't really trying. I didn't think I would get it, not when I got shiny Spiritomb yesterday.

This is my first shiny in this game, so I'm pretty pumped right now. Mudkip has a Timid nature, and is male(I was hoping for a female, but a shiny is better than no shiny).

More pictures:

No devices
Shiny Mudkip, Timid nature

I'll be adding the video's pretty soon, after I upload them. Congrats to new shinies guys, can't wait for Platinum.

Congratulations on the back-to-back Shiny Mudkip. =D

Seems that you are in the lead for March Madness. ^_^

EDIT: Just hit 1022 hatched, wrapping up my second set of 511 bred Eggs. Releasing all the hatched ones right now to begin R3, later.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Russian wrestling is always number 1!
Ultimate Atomic Busterrrr!! yeah I really need to renew my Xbox Live, then I can take on all comers with the Red Cyclone...just not Ken, that cheap Fierce Shoyruken spammer.
Though its really fun defeating Kens with the taunt master Dan :P...Saikyo!

Haha I main as Ken. If you had a ps3 I would play you. I am not as poor as most people with him that spam shoryuken.

Anyway. I have been way to busy with school work recently to do any hunting. I get assignments every Monday all due in the following Monday so I never have time to hunt but with the release of Platinum today. I will pick up hunting again in 2 weeks when I am on holiday.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the congrats guys ^_^.

Well I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Platinum. I couldn't go get it this morning, but when we drop mom off to work I'm picking up my 2 copies. I'll be playing through one copy, and I will be SRing for shiny Chimchar on the second copy.

I'm also going to do a test and see if I can transfer the Darkrai wondercard from my Japanese Platinum to my English Platinum. If it is possible, I will possibly SR for another shiny Darkrai. I doubt it will work, but I'll cross my fingers that it does.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

EDIT: Got my Platinum, currently playing through the game. I wonder if I'll get a random shiny while playing through the game ;).

Last edited:
Years
Be more specific. If it's *just* that the clock seeding restarts everyday then we have nothing to worry about. There are 86400 seconds in a day, and a set of about 4000 possible random values you can get for each of them. (We know from the Emerald fiasco that going through the menus to get a Pokémon gives a distribution about 200 samples wide, and Platinum (should) seed(s) from the time spent on the title screen as well, so there's another factor of 200.)

So even if this is true, we're still looking at a distribution about 345600000 samples wide--waay more than you need to get that perfect shiny.

Now then, March has just gotten a little bit more mad. Saw this guy on my DS while watching Mythbusters:

42-DialgaBattle.jpg

page 1 page 2 page 3 osu!

Ironically enough, I found shiny Palkia while watching Mythbusters. And I don't watch the show *that* much! D=

But alas, there's no rest for the wicked. I'm moving straight on to hunting Rotom (Pearl) and Turtwig (Platinum). I'll be sure to sit down with this guy and EV him soon enough. (I was so relieved to find my Modest synch worked! It would be so sad if it didn't, seeing how my old one was Modest.)

Years
:O
Congrats, you finally did it!
EDIT: By that, I mean got your revenge :P
And yeah, I've heard that Platinum's not going to even be terrible. Yay!
So still nothing new for me... This is retarded. I deserve a new shiny D:<
I'm going to raise up a Wigglytuff or Parasect on LeafGreen, along with a Cubone so I can hunt the birds. My first one will be Articuno, since I have already obtained a normal one on FireRed. Hopefully the final 3 days of March, which I have off (Weekend + 1 Week Day) will give me some fun.
Good luck to all.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Haha I main as Ken. If you had a ps3 I would play you. I am not as poor as most people with him that spam shoryuken.

Anyway. I have been way to busy with school work recently to do any hunting. I get assignments every Monday all due in the following Monday so I never have time to hunt but with the release of Platinum today. I will pick up hunting again in 2 weeks when I am on holiday.

Yo.

Be more specific. If it's *just* that the clock seeding restarts everyday then we have nothing to worry about. There are 86400 seconds in a day, and a set of about 4000 possible random values you can get for each of them. (We know from the Emerald fiasco that going through the menus to get a Pokémon gives a distribution about 200 samples wide, and Platinum (should) seed(s) from the time spent on the title screen as well, so there's another factor of 200.)

So even if this is true, we're still looking at a distribution about 345600000 samples wide--waay more than you need to get that perfect shiny.

Now then, March has just gotten a little bit more mad. Saw this guy on my DS while watching Mythbusters:

42-DialgaBattle.jpg

page 1 page 2 page 3 osu!

Ironically enough, I found shiny Palkia while watching Mythbusters. And I don't watch the show *that* much! D=

But alas, there's no rest for the wicked. I'm moving straight on to hunting Rotom (Pearl) and Turtwig (Platinum). I'll be sure to sit down with this guy and EV him soon enough. (I was so relieved to find my Modest synch worked! It would be so sad if it didn't, seeing how my old one was Modest.)

Mega-congratulations on the restored Dialga. \o/

ShinyTangela.jpg

Yes, I love you too March Madness. Thanks!
I'll update this post with a video link in a bit.
Yay, Shiny Drought Over!

EDIT: Click here, but it's not amazing
Not the best, but I tried. Jumpy and all :P

Congratulations on the Tangela. =D

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow lol congrats S_D on mudkip!

Lol myth that you can't get back a lost shiny, BUSTED!
Congrats on the new dialga MM!!

And awesome Tangela too IHC, lol long hunt over.

I picked up platinum yesterday but was pretty mad that I didn't get the pre-order bonus Giratina figure since the guy told me I was supposed to get it when I made the reservation. Bull simply bull. Every other time I've reserved something it's always been get the Bonus thing when you pick up the game. There was no mention on the wall poster that said pick up with pre-order or anything like that. So yeah I'm pretty mad as I really wanted that figure :/ Least I managed to pick up a used GBA SP classic edition for $15 cdn at a fleamarket (EB games/Gamestop have them at $40), yay more platforms to SR on, and I don't have to worry about damaging it like my Pikachu edition one.
Anyways going to resume my Turwig hunt for Jpn platinum. I really hope march madness hits me next :P.

Birdy

Metagross Breeder
Years
hello i like shiny pokemon but i have neva caught one b4 only red gyrados if its counted my fav shiny pokemon is shiny Metagross his silver body looks awesome look it up and youll agree its looks awesome also can i join le club

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hunting Numel and mad Irony happened:
DVC00469.jpg
[/SPOILER]

WAD!! 6:20PM ish I was watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and I went to get a glass of juice right as I was encountering something on my game. I sit back down and look at the screen, and go "Wait? what?! is that Machop brown?! Oh !%@$ Shiny!!!" I paralyzed it, then weakened it slowly with magikarp tackles, then I threw a Premier Ball and it broke out. A 2nd one did the trick and was caught. I nicknamed him Hulk since its evolved forms are green meh.
Behold my "new" GBA SP retro, Ruby in the slot!
It's Quiet...too Quiet *shifty eyes*
Weaksauce stats

The meh thing about it is I already have a shiny Machop that I caught on my FR back in '07. Though it is a female one (with better nature and stats :p), so now I've got a male companion for it. Lol least its a new shiny and for march madness too yay! my drought since January is over. I'm hoping Numel will follow soon. Or maybe even Turtwig in Platinum...

Back