The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 05:40 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Help! I need advice. I've been having heartburn in other parts of my body that isn't my chest. It feels like heartburn but a friend of mine says it isn't. That heartburn is only in your chest. If that's true why am I getting burning sensations in other parts of my body that feel like heartburn? I get it in my arms, legs, neck and even my ears. Why is this happening? What's causing it?
There aren't any doctors on PC, and the human body is so complex that it could be any number of things. Go to the doctor.
PM
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 08:59 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Just echoing what the others have said really.

Get to a doctor. There's an extremely large range of things that the symptoms you have described could be. If the pain is too bad go to the emergency department. It's better safe than sorry and even the most knowledgeable non-doctors of us here can't compare to the knowledge of a trained professional.

Let us know, we might not have the slightest idea who you are (well some of us anyway) but we can still worry!
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 12:58 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Help! I need advice. I've been having heartburn in other parts of my body that isn't my chest. It feels like heartburn but a friend of mine says it isn't. That heartburn is only in your chest. If that's true why am I getting burning sensations in other parts of my body that feel like heartburn? I get it in my arms, legs, neck and even my ears. Why is this happening? What's causing it?
Let's see, going by life experience, this may be a symptom of hot flashes. Being male, I have not experienced hot flashes first hand, but being around numerous women that have experienced it (Family members, as well as personal relationships) it was best described as a 'prickling sensations akin to heart burn'. Now, while I am no physician and I am sure it is difficult to get an accurate feel for symptoms over the internet, I urge you to contact your PCP and explain to them the goings ons with your body to get a more accurate reading.

Hot flashes are not just a symptom of menopause, either, and may be caused in numerous ways. Foods, drinks, stress, fatigue, smoking, caffeine, dehydration, poor diet and/or lack of regular exercise may be contributing factors or even cause them on their own individually. Again, my ideas and thoughts should in no way influence you to purchase any medications or prescriptions. Consult your PCP as soon as possible to determine what it is that is causing these 'heartburn' sensations all over your body. Make an appointment as soon as you are able to do so. It may also be wise to make yourself a list of all your symptoms by writing them down. Do some research on these symptoms and some potential causes and bring your notes to your PCP. While your notes may be off, and you may sound silly, they help you and your PCP to pinpoint the problem. It is better to look silly than it is to be dealing with some harrowing disease later down the line.

Thought for the Day: My armour is contempt.
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 05:00 PM
DDDchu
Gotta Aqua Jet fast

Nature: Lonely
*sigh* I have a major issue. All my closest friends are moving on to college and the after high school life and I am still stuck with this year and then Senior year left to go for high school. They never talk anymore, and when they come online they don't want to talk, and it's really depressing me. I don't really want to make new friends, because I feel like I'd be replacing physical people but keeping painful memories of them because I'll never see them again. I really don't know how to go about looking for new friends. I know I can make some here but since I was in the mental hospital the past 2 weeks my social outcastness really got out of hand.

It's so hard ;~;

ihyatoeu and DDDchu's Palace of Pokemon
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 01:11 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDchu View Post
*sigh* I have a major issue. All my closest friends are moving on to college and the after high school life and I am still stuck with this year and then Senior year left to go for high school. They never talk anymore, and when they come online they don't want to talk, and it's really depressing me. I don't really want to make new friends, because I feel like I'd be replacing physical people but keeping painful memories of them because I'll never see them again. I really don't know how to go about looking for new friends. I know I can make some here but since I was in the mental hospital the past 2 weeks my social outcastness really got out of hand.

It's so hard ;~;
Unfortunately you're going to have to wait it out until you see them again in person or they come to their senses. Making new friends is obvious, but so much easier said than done. You don't need to worry about replacing your friends, think about Toy Story (You're Andy in this analogy) and internally your Buzz and Woody conflict is essentially the same.
If you are open to making some new friends, find a job, plenty of lifelong friends will come through work and it's a situation where everyone is cornered into a social environment by means of "teamwork". If you're still at school think of an ice breaker and literally go stand next to people, depending on which people you stand next to a conversation will happen and you can start getting to know people.
You shouldn't feel depressed ever if someone doesn't want to hang out with you because you have value and those people are either ignorant or stupid. So why try to impress them in the first place? Just do you, don't worry about other people. Find out what you want to do with your life and really focus on achieving it. Good luck
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 11:57 AM
DDDchu
Gotta Aqua Jet fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumpyfoof View Post
Unfortunately you're going to have to wait it out until you see them again in person or they come to their senses. Making new friends is obvious, but so much easier said than done. You don't need to worry about replacing your friends, think about Toy Story (You're Andy in this analogy) and internally your Buzz and Woody conflict is essentially the same.
If you are open to making some new friends, find a job, plenty of lifelong friends will come through work and it's a situation where everyone is cornered into a social environment by means of "teamwork". If you're still at school think of an ice breaker and literally go stand next to people, depending on which people you stand next to a conversation will happen and you can start getting to know people.
You shouldn't feel depressed ever if someone doesn't want to hang out with you because you have value and those people are either ignorant or stupid. So why try to impress them in the first place? Just do you, don't worry about other people. Find out what you want to do with your life and really focus on achieving it. Good luck
Thanks for the advice. Can't wait to go back to school tomorrow. I think the whole summer of not being around any friends physically is what got to me.

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 02:23 PM
DDDchu
Gotta Aqua Jet fast

Double Post:

I feel really bad about life and need someone to PM me because I have no friends I can talk too anymore

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here