• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
to above-
um in the top row of options. You'll find the face of the player. Just press and TA DA the sprites appear

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
wow! music hacking is preety easy! however I inserted a music and I saw this messeage:
2eewhm1.gif

also why is converting mp3 to midi is hard?,I mean I used to convert WMV to AVI or MPG and stuff like that and it was easy,however the only related programs I find for this are programs the converts midi to mp3 and I need to oposit thing -____-

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It's because a MIDI file stores notes played by instruments, while a MP3 file stores the actual sound wave. If you know how an instrument sounds, it's easy to convert the notes into a sound wave. However, good luck figuring out which notes are played on which instruments from a sound wave...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
wow! music hacking is preety easy! however I inserted a music and I saw this messeage:
Spoiler:

also why is converting mp3 to midi is hard?,I mean I used to convert WMV to AVI or MPG and stuff like that and it was easy,however the only related programs I find for this are programs the converts midi to mp3 and I need to oposit thing -____-

Can you read the message? :P
You're missing that file. It comes with MID2AGB, so don't ask it.

It's because a MIDI file stores notes played by instruments, while a MP3 file stores the actual sound wave. If you know how an instrument sounds, it's easy to convert the notes into a sound wave. However, good luck figuring out which notes are played on which instruments from a sound wave...

Not to say MP3 files are compressed sound vawes. So the conversion is going to be even less successfull.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
I tried editing the rival's intro sprite, but it becomes a screwy palette if I give him a custom name (the first time he looks fine, after I give him a custom name), the shading of the red becomes green (which looks horrible) and the skin becomes blue and white. I used BLUE's face colours, but it doesn't work for crap. Help!! :S

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Thank you hackmew, i would like to learn how to find these things but i don't know where to begin. maybe if i understood asm more (at all), it would be easier, but for me it's very challenging.
Would you have a website with some tuts for me to learn how to find these sort of things for myself?
If posting answer to that is against this thread rules just pm me if ya could.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I tried editing the rival's intro sprite, but it becomes a screwy palette if I give him a custom name (the first time he looks fine, after I give him a custom name), the shading of the red becomes green (which looks horrible) and the skin becomes blue and white. I used BLUE's face colours, but it doesn't work for crap. Help!! :S
Maybe you overwrote the sprite's pallate...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

How did you edit it, exactly?

Thank you hackmew, i would like to learn how to find these things but i don't know where to begin. maybe if i understood asm more (at all), it would be easier, but for me it's very challenging.
Would you have a website with some tuts for me to learn how to find these sort of things for myself?
If posting answer to that is against this thread rules just pm me if ya could.

Stay tuned on my Knowledge thread.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
I pasted the sprite I made on the RIVAL sprite, the colours automaticaly changed so it would fit the format (PNG). How was I supposed to edit it?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I pasted the sprite I made on the RIVAL sprite, the colours automaticaly changed so it would fit the format (PNG). How was I supposed to edit it?

Now I understand... that's normal. Take you sprite and index it. Then, insert it through unLZ.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Indexing (to my knowledge) means to assign a palette to the picture. In gba pokemon hacking the pallette will be either 16bit (meaning it has 16 colors) or 256bit (meaning it has 256). That is the clearest I can explain it.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Tried it. I tried it in two ways (probably not the right ones).
1- I take my original rival sprite and convert it in 16-bit with Irfanview. I take the 16-bit sprite and paste it on the BLUE sprite. Results: Same problem as before.
2- I paste my original rival sprite on the BLUE sprite. I save and convert it in 16-bit with Irfanview. Results: Worse than before. All the colours are screwed up. None match and there is no transparency.

What did I do wrong?

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Not too sure if this is in the correct topic due to the nature of the question, but here goes:

Is it possible to play two different hacks of Pokemon Fire Red on the same emulator if I use different ROMs? I'm wondering because I don't want to accidentally erase my saved data and have to start all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back