• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Move Editor

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
EDIT:
*** Version 1.10 B ***
*** Please back up your rom before using this, especially if you plan to use it to edit contest data. There's an error in editing the contest data. It'll be fixed soon. ***
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/MoveEditor-1.10-B.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/MoveEditor-1.10-B.rar

And in anticipation of server downtime, mediafire mirror links:
http://www.mediafire.com/?56edc5v74gja1vp
http://www.mediafire.com/?w0ay2hl24iwn40g

*** Version 1.02 ***
Sound Move Editor: (since it seems to fit here...)
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/SoundBasedMoveEditor-1.02.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/SoundBasedMoveEditor-1.02.rar

I'll make another update *eventually* to add more rom support and .ini file support, and perhaps contest description editing.

-----

I have created a move editor. Of course, there are already a few move editors in existence, but mine does something that others can't: It can edit whether is move is contact based, affected by protect, magic coat, snatch, bright powder, or king's rock. It also let's you edit the priority of a move. You can now also edit the description and contest data of a move.

All programs of mine can be found at: http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/

Last edited:
Years
Need VCL dlls?
Are you using Delphi or C++ Builder to programe?If so,
uncheck "Builder with runtime packages" box in Packages of options
uncheck "use dynamic RTL" box in Linker of options
choose release version to build,not debug.
Hopes that helps.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Need VCL dlls?
Are you using Delphi or C++ Builder to programe?If so,
uncheck "Builder with runtime packages" box in Packages of options
uncheck "use dynamic RTL" box in Linker of options
choose release version to build,not debug.
Hopes that helps.
Yes, C++ Builder 2007. Ok, so now that I've done those things, can someone tell me if it stopped the program from needing the dll files? Test it with this: http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/Project1.rar

Of course, I was never aware there was a way to make the program not rely on dll files. But, after compiling it I see the file size is significantly bigger. I think it's more space efficient if one would just get the .dll files the first and only time and then run the programs needed.

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Yes, C++ Builder 2007. Ok, so now that I've done those things, can someone tell me if it stopped the program from needing the dll files? Test it with this: http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/Project1.rar

Of course, I was never aware there was a way to make the program not rely on dll files. But, after compiling it I see the file size is significantly bigger. I think it's more space efficient if one would just get the .dll files the first and only time and then run the programs needed.
That little test program worked for me...

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
Hehe, You are a genius Final Zero. Emmm.... I was thinking... could you make a tool for remove the Time Bar of Final Fantasy games? (that bar, which make wait to the player before to attack) ( Final Fantasy II, IV, V & VI) for GBA GAMES... :P

Greetz!!!!!!!!

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
That little test program worked for me...
Ah, that's good to know. I'm still debating whether to release programs like this though. I know some people still have problems with .dlls, but that's only because they're rather inept with a computer, yet this wolud solve the problem promptly, but for a price. *sigh* (Btw, none of the buttons were supposed to do anything; I removed their functions before I placed it on the web, or the buttons already didn't do anything yet. I just sorta grabbed a program in the works to test that procedure on.)

Hehe, You are a genius Final Zero. Emmm.... I was thinking... could you make a tool for remove the Time Bar of Final Fantasy games? (that bar, which make wait to the player before to attack) ( Final Fantasy II, IV, V & VI) for GBA GAMES... :P

Greetz!!!!!!!!
Now now, you're not supposed to ask things like that here iirc. But anyways, my hacking with the final fantasy games is rather limited, and I wouldn't know where to look to change somtehing like that. I'll do that ff3j text editor eventually, but probably nothing beyond that because I have little interest in 2, 4, and 5 tbh,, and 6 already has plenty of tools that work fine and can change everything. Besides, my knowledge of working with graphics is very minimal.

Calling me a genius is an overstatement. If that were really so, I'd know how to repoint pokedex entries, lengthen the move list, egg move list, make the gen III games have more pokemon than they have normally, etc. The programs I've made so far have just tied up loose ends for things that are known how to be done, but never had a program written for them for some reason, or the program that was written for them couldn't change them to their full potential.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Aaand... the sound move editor is now done! I decided to make it a separate program because it didn't quite fit with in with the move editor.

Also, testing this out took forever because I hadn't used pksv in so long. So feel special that I actually bothered to test it! =p

Links:
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/SoundBasedMoveEditor-1.00.rar
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/SoundBasedMoveEditor-1.00.zip

Other Thoughts:
It's interesting that Perish Song and Heal Bell aren't in this list, because I thought they were. I'm not exactly sure where they are. Then again, I didn't test them out, so maybe they're only supposed to be present in generation IV? They are affected by soundproof in generation III right?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
YES. I confirm Very frustrating. I just came in to report that very annoyance. Its irregular but the note deletion happen more often than not when you just move it up, down, right or left.
Calm down now; I won't leave my code broken if I know it's broken. Can you describe clearly what you do exactly to make this error happen? And please, speak in complete sentences, or else you emit the arua of a bot.

@everyone
Also, as always, you should back up your roms before using a program, especially one that just comes out. I really wish I could produce perfect code on my first time programming anything. =p

Edit: Actually, the more I read this the more I'm convinced that this's a bot. So I'm really confused because the other posts of hers don't look like a bots. /me is confused

Last edited:

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Cheers, this will be great for my new hack. I was terrefied of trying to do it manually!!! Can i add new moves or does it just replace old ones?
I'm afraid you can only edit pre-existing moves. Adding more moves would requiring changing a whole bunch of pointers that I'm not aware of where they are.

Also, has anyone found any of the errors with the program that D.Leapy (might) have been trying to talk about? (I'm still not quite sure with what that her message was supposed to say. =/)

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2010
I can't seem to use your tool. I downloaded the dpl and dll files onto System32, but when I run the program, Windows still gives me error messages about not being able to find vcl100.dpl. (For the record, I have Vista Home Premium with close to no additional programs installed.)

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I can't seem to use your tool. I downloaded the dpl and dll files onto System32, but when I run the program, Windows still gives me error messages about not being able to find vcl100.dpl. (For the record, I have Vista Home Premium with close to no additional programs installed.)
My programs have had no end of problems on Vista... Try putting the .dll files in the same folder as the program, and if that doesn't work, I'll recompile all my programs so that they don't need the .dll's, and hopefully that'll work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2010
My programs have had no end of problems on Vista... Try putting the .dll files in the same folder as the program, and if that doesn't work, I'll recompile all my programs so that they don't need the .dll's, and hopefully that'll work.

That fixed it. Thank you.
Any plans to eventually create something that lets users pick whether an attack is chosen by Special Attack or Physical Attack like in Diamond and PEarl?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Any plans to eventually create something that lets users pick whether an attack is chosen by Special Attack or Physical Attack like in Diamond and PEarl?
Generation III doesn't work that way. That was something invented in generation IV. for all the generations before IV, attacks are physical or special depending on their type, and nothing else. Thus, *all* grass type attacks are special attacks, and *all* rock type attacks are physical attacks.

I could make a program that let's you switch which types are special and physical the hard way, but I think there's a short way of doing it also, which I would like to find. If I can't find the short way, I'll make a program that does it the long way.

Also, a few other things: I found an error when trying to open a file when a file's already open, so I'll work on that. If you get it, just close the program and run it again to open the file you want, and it should prolly work then.

And lastly, for some reason I neglected to say this in the readme, but some of the choices for "effects" have an asterisk by them. This means that they're not used in the game, but the description given fits the pattern for what should *theoretically* be there. Thus, I don't know if such effects actually do something, or do nothing; I was too lazy to test it, but I'll test it soon when I start my next round of fixing programs.

Last edited:
Back