• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2013
Ok, got another question, but this one may be a bit complex.

Ok, so, I want to insert new starter pokemon. I have to replace sprites. But, I want Bulbasaur to still be there, in the wild. So, I replace, say, 3/4 of the Wurmple line for my 3 new grass pokemon. But now, I want them to be pokedex number 1-9. How can I edit it so they are 1-9? Sebbe's order editor only effects 1-151, and Wurmple is in 3rd gen.
How come nobody answered this?

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Simply download Darthatrons PEP and use the image offsets to change them along with the names. of course, you will have to shift Bulbasaur and co. to the positions of Wurmple and co. to make the transition complete. and make a backup first, as you never know what you might do wrong.
~Des

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in >>EMERALD<<...

The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, but I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?Does Sprite inserting works differend in Emerald or something?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in >>EMERALD<<...

The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, but I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?Does Sprite inserting works differend in Emerald or something?
as a matter a fact I think it does. If you catch this togekiss and go to the pokemon data screen for it you will probably see it. The reason it probably doesnt work is cause you didnt replace the animation images.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
as a matter a fact I think it does. If you catch this togekiss and go to the pokemon data screen for it you will probably see it. The reason it probably doesnt work is cause you didnt replace the animation images.

I tried it with the "givepokémonscript" already, but the summarry shows two ?? too.
I'll try it again to be sure.
(I had to do it that way, since the game crashes when you catch one of the 25 "??", cuz of the Pokédex thingy)

And what do you mean with the animation images?
How do I edit those?

Thanks anyway...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I tried it with the "givepokémonscript" already, but the summarry shows two ?? too.
I'll try it again to be sure.
(I had to do it that way, since the game crashes when you catch one of the 25 "??", cuz of the Pokédex thingy)

And what do you mean with the animation images?
How do I edit those?

Thanks anyway...

emerald's PKMN sprites aren't 64x64 though...
it's 128x64 or 64x128... :\
the second sprite's for the animation.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
emerald's PKMN sprites aren't 64x64 though...
it's 128x64 or 64x128... :\
the second sprite's for the animation.

Just tried it, nothing seems to work...
I've tried 64x64, 64x128, and 128x64.
Is there anyone that has ever inserted a new pokémon in emerald!?

Oh, and something else:

Is there a way to edit the Trainer Battle intro's?
I want to change the big "Team Aqua Logo" that you see when a battle starts, to a "Team Rocket Logo".
The pictures aren't in unLZ, right? (I've searched through, but I'm not sure if it's L77T compressed (or something)).

And lastly (an easier one): How does a "map Script" work in advancemap?
I've tried just putting a regular script at the offset, and then experiment around with the Script Type (like 03 on entering map/menu close and all those things), but the screen just goes black, or nothing happens at all.
How can I, lets say, make the player jump as soon as he enters the map?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
I have a question how can i change the "Battle Screen"background from normal to smth like this:-
m9vm6a.png

Credit to Mitchel1
--------------------------
I Want to change this In FR rom
What Program I Need? If Unlz-gba what's the code
and thanks all

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Quick question:

I tried deleting a cut bush from a map and that instead replaced the cut bush with a trainer from the map. This has happened before so I just deleted all person events after the ID of the bush and remade them. It didn't work so I recoded all of the trainers and events with new offsets. Now the bush and the other events are working fine, but the trainer that originally replaced the bush (part of a double battle) is glitched and freezes my game into a purple screen whenever I walking into her line of sight. Her double battle partner works okay, but you have to talk to him to start the battle instead of just walking in front of him.

If you beat them by talking to the guy, then the girl disappears and when you walk into where she would be, she reappears. When you walk in front of her, the game freezes again.

Anyone know the problem?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have a question how can i change the "Battle Screen"background from normal to smth like this:-
m9vm6a.png

Credit to Mitchel1
and thanks all

You are going to have to find the battle background in unLZgba, and replace them with that, and do some pallet editing.
I suggest you talk to Pounder_Zeikku about how you would do this.
(Be sure not to pester him though, he does not have to help, just ask nicely.)

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Does anyone know the offset of the water animation in Emerald?
Any specific animation? There is quite a lot to choose from.........

m9vm6a.png

Credit to Mitchel1
and thanks all
There was a guide at Pokemon Hackers online recently, but the site appears to have, well, disappeared. There was a very in depth guide there.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
m9vm6a.png

Credit to Mitchel1
and thanks all
Okay heres a follow up. PHO is back up, so you can now view the tut for this here

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This might be stupid but how do u edit the Pokedex in FR/LG and R/S/E? I need to place a combanation of Fakeron and real Pokemon.

if you mean editing the order, then that would require ASM hacking.
if you mean editing the existing PKMN sprites, then that would require tools like Unlz-GBA and a Hex Editor.
if you mean editing the PKMN entries, then there's a tool for that. Forgot it's name. :\

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years

if you mean editing the order, then that would require ASM hacking.
if you mean editing the existing PKMN sprites, then that would require tools like Unlz-GBA and a Hex Editor.
if you mean editing the PKMN entries, then there's a tool for that. Forgot it's name. :\

Actually, there's a large area of 010002000300, etc... that decides Pokédex numbers in the rom (I've edited it before). Try that limited Pokédex Order Editor that's floating about, and compare the edit to the fresh rom to find the location.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay, I'm starting to think I suck at hacking. I'm using a cave warp, and when I warp, it restarts the game. I delete all the warps, and make new ones to replace them. Now it displays that "cannot read bytes behind end of file" and the warp won't work. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back