• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] I'm an artist too! (AWsquared's Art Gallery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
*multiple updates ftw*
Okay now

This is far POKEDDEXYY Day 10 Favorite Grass Type:

Spoiler:

I'm so behind right now. ;~~;

But yup my favorite Grass type is Snivy. It's so smug and suave like. They had a great opportunity to name it Smugleaf, but blew it.

I just felt like making it fancier by giving him a cane, top hat and cup of tea.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
You know, I must say that I approve of your choice for favorite grass type. Well, I'm a fan of all grass types, so I would have approved any choice, but the Snivy line is a personal favorite. So, I approve with more gusto than usual.

As far as the art itself goes, I like it. It's neat and polished. What more could you ask for?

Treecko

Years
You know, I must say that I approve of your choice for favorite grass type. Well, I'm a fan of all grass types, so I would have approved any choice, but the Snivy line is a personal favorite. So, I approve with more gusto than usual.

As far as the art itself goes, I like it. It's neat and polished. What more could you ask for?

Thanks!!

I'm still way behind, but I got one for day 18 finished or Favorite Water Type:
Spoiler:

I'm trying to improve at water but yeah......I love Poliwhirl. I have a plush at home that I had since 7 and it's been my favorite plush toy ever since so I have a real big attachment to this guy.

Treecko

Years
Quick update!
Day 25 Favorite Legendary Pokemon
Spoiler:

Since it's Christmas, I thought I draw Kyogre in a Santa hat with a gift.

Coloring is kind of sloppy cause I had to rush it. No time on Christmas haha. Ah I love Kyogre so much. <3

Treecko

Years
Okay new update.
Day 28 Cutest Pokemon
Spoiler:

The entire Internet/all of Tumblr just loves Goomy and I do too. And I didn't choose Goomy cause of that and just so I can grab as much attention as I can. I just really, really think Goomy is the cutest Pokemon ever and the cutest Dragon type ever!

Also Joltik as well. It and Goomy tie for cutest Pokemon for me so I had to draw them both. I just love this little mite so much.

Originally colored in colored pencils and later touched up and edited on GIMP.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Why do young artists always try to produce manga-ish characters? Trust me, you'll have an hard time improving if you don't expand your horizons.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Why do young artists always try to produce manga-ish characters? Trust me, you'll have an hard time improving if you don't expand your horizons.

Usually I'd just delete your post.. but I sort of feel obligated to say my two cents here. So I'll take the bait.

I, personally, cannot think of a more incorrect statement. We can do and draw what we damn well please. This forum and the art within it is for fun. No one here is trying to get true recognition from any acclaimed source; merely enjoying the work we do and showcasing it. Also, the content of one's art doesn't determine if they improve or by how much/little. I can spend every second of my life drawing a circle and that circle will be just a little bit better than the last. How come it's only anime/manga artists that get the brunt of this accusation? No one ever told those still-life artists to knock it off cause they'll never get anywhere. Or no, I got it, it's because cartoonists and illustrators aren't making "real art".

Seriously, posts like this are rude, dismissive, and not even addressing the artist in some kind of useful or constructive way. Not to mention being a serious necropost. We've got a two month revival rule in A&D, so please read the rules before posting again. I'm closing this for now to prevent further revival with the hopes that the owner will contact me so it may be reopened and update this at some point (hi Kouzan! <3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back