• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Type: Water
Challenge: Ultimate (but only up to gen 5, if it's allowed)
Games: Firered, Soulsilver, Emerald, Platinum, Black2

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I beat Lt. Surge with my tentacruel just to insult him even more in how little a challenge he was. I'm already in the Sabrina gym but didn't get to her yet. I'll have her done soon, I imagine she will be more of a challenge since psychic really just kills my pokemon.

Sent from my Xperia Z

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Came back early i guess!
Where were we? AH YES, beated by Eusine. Don't worry, i'm trying to grind some levels to beat Chuck and Eusine. I taught my pokemon some new TMs and was ready to take on Chuck (Got my Aerial ace ready!). Oh god, his Poliwrath has Surf, damn it!!!! Killed that mother bleeper! Then got defeated. Since there isn't a pokemart in Cianwood, I decided to go back to Olivine and gather resources. After gathering resources, still got beat up by chuck. Figured out a strategy for the first 2 pokemon.

That's where i saved.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Fighting LG SMC Update #6

Spoiler:

I might try a Dragon run on Ruby sometime, but for now I'm going to take a break from challenges.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I beat Sabrina by the skin of my teeth... My nidoking was all I had left against Alakazam (who was poisoned and trapped in a whirlpool) my nidoking had 7 health after the first psychic and he managed to hit earth power the first time and he quick clawed the second to beat Sabrina. On that note, it should be smooth sailing from here on out. I expect to be on round 2 of the elite 4 within this week.

Edit: I beat Erica with only crobat, it was fun watching leaf storm do only 20 damage (1/4 to poison/flying) between air cutter and poison fang, the entire gym was a joke.
11 badges down, 5 to go.

Sent from my HP Touchpad

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I have a question regarding the experience share and X/Y. When we catch a new team member, would we be allowed to empty our party to the new Pokemon and one other, and use the experience share to help level up the new Pokemon? This should mimick the experience share in other games, I believe.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have a question regarding the experience share and X/Y. When we catch a new team member, would we be allowed to empty our party to the new Pokemon and one other, and use the experience share to help level up the new Pokemon? This should mimick the experience share in other games, I believe.
Well it actually doesn't. It still creates non existent experience since members who participate get 100% exp and shared get %50. The switch in method should work just fine for the purposes of leveling a Pokemon. If you wanna use the way you said it would have to be against wild Pokemon, since most of my rules are usually meant to apply to trainer battles.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I beat jasmine (koga's daughter) who couldn't out poison me. Fixed the power plant and beat misty who lost to victreebell basically before the fight even started...
Edit:
I beat Brock with just nidoking
14 down, 2 to go

Sent from my HP Touchpad

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
So I would like to challenge this but I have a few questions (I would like to participate in Ultimate)
Am I allowed to use both physical cartridges and emulaters? (Cartridges for the DS generations, Emulator for the GB generations)
What would a good type be for a first attempt at this Ultimate?
Am I allowed to have multiple games running at once (Ie. Kanto I might have 3 badges and Johto I may have 4) It helps my ADD...

Thank you for your time.

Here are the games I have available:
Kanto: Leafgreen (physical) Firered (emulator) yellow (emulator)
Johto: Heartgold (physical) gold (physical, however my friend has my gameboy so I might not have access) Silver (emulator)
Hoenn: Ruby (emulator) Emerald (emulator)
Sinnoh Diamond (physical)
Unova: White (physical) Black2 (physical)
Kalos: Y (physical)

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Black 2 bugmono update (note to self, do easier type next time)
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
@ohsnoes
Yes, we're allowed to use a combination of physical copies and ROMs. I'm using ROMs for the first three gens, and physical copies for the DS games.

My first and only attempt at the Ultimate challenge is with fire, which I'm not finding terribly difficult so far, but I wouldn't recommend that for you since you don't have Platinum. Flying shouldn't be too bad, as is has great dual-type variety.

I don't know about playing multiple games in the same challenge at once, but I'm working on three challenges at once, and that's allowed.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So I would like to challenge this but I have a few questions (I would like to participate in Ultimate)
Am I allowed to use both physical cartridges and emulaters? (Cartridges for the DS generations, Emulator for the GB generations)
What would a good type be for a first attempt at this Ultimate?
Am I allowed to have multiple games running at once (Ie. Kanto I might have 3 badges and Johto I may have 4) It helps my ADD...

Thank you for your time.

Here are the games I have available:
Kanto: Leafgreen (physical) Firered (emulator) yellow (emulator)
Johto: Heartgold (physical) gold (physical, however my friend has my gameboy so I might not have access) Silver (emulator)
Hoenn: Ruby (emulator) Emerald (emulator)
Sinnoh Diamond (physical)
Unova: White (physical) Black2 (physical)
Kalos: Y (physical)
Cartridges and Emulators are allowed. Many participants use ROMs exclusively as it can save time.
A good starting place is usually one of the 3 starter types since it's easy to get your first Pokemon.
Yes you can do multiple at once, though before I took over it wasn't that way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Cartridges and Emulators are allowed. Many participants use ROMs exclusively as it can save time.
A good starting place is usually one of the 3 starter types since it's easy to get your first Pokemon.
Yes you can do multiple at once, though before I took over it wasn't that way.

Alright thanks for the information! I though of what I would do on my ride out of town.
Here is my sign up:
Name: ohsnoes
Type: Flying
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Firered, Silver, Ruby, Diamond, White 1 or Black 2 (undecided), Y

Did I sign up correctly?
And How often should I update?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
i beat blaine with my tentacruel (too easy...)
Battle log as it happened in the spoiler for the 16th badge
Spoiler:

All thats left for me to do is the Elite 4 Round 2 then Red

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Ultimate Water Challenge, Firered part 1

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Progress:

Ultimate Flying Challenge: Firered: Update 1
Picked Charmader
Beginning Montage
Caught Spearow on route 22
Caught Caterpie in Viridian Forest
Grinded team up to 10.
Beat Rival on route 22
Grinded up team for Brock.
Defeated Brock.
Went through route 3.
Purchased Magikarp at the Pokecenter.
Stopped.

Current Team:
Charmeleon lvl 16
Spearow lvl 15
Butterfree lvl 14
Magikarp lvl 5

Did I update correctly or do I need photographic proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back