• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, how about a what if RP for this Kingdom Hearts RP? That works too, right?
That depends on where the shift from the "Canon" timeline to the "What If" timeline took place and what differs between the former and the later, because, depending on certain variables, you may still have to deal with the convolution of the story, regardless.

Nam

Years
What do you mean by a what if RP?

Anyway, there are a few themes you can choose for Kingdom Hearts. Maybe we're all aspiring to become Keyblade masters and we experience a life similar to Aqua, Terra, and Ventus. Or, maybe a keyblade tournament/war. We could just be normal kids like Sora who acquire the keyblade's power when the worlds go into darkness once more. etc.

Edit: Just tossing ideas...

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
That depends on where the shift from the "Canon" timeline to the "What If" timeline took place and what differs between the former and the later, because, depending on certain variables, you may still have to deal with the convolution of the story, regardless.

^^;; I barely understood that.

Nam-Not a bad idea. I'll consider it. :)

Nam

Years
^^;; I barely understood that.

Nam-Not a bad idea. I'll consider it. :)

I believe he means that even if you make a "What if" RP of Kingdom Hearts you would still have to sort out things like what has happened and what hasn't, whether everyone knows what a nobody is, or not. You still have to find a way to blend the RP into the canon story without making a paradox or something. I know what he means but I just can't find the words to explain it... ><" (at least I think I know)

Edit: Remember Sora, Riku, and Kairi only ever have their powers because of their ties with Ventus, Terra, and Aqua. At least, that's what I understood. Sora shared his heart with Ven, Terra gave Riku his powers and Aqua cast some sort of spell on Kairi so help would find her whenever she was in trouble, etc. So the question is, how would we have the keyblade and how many people would have it? The keyblade graveyard had many keyblades embedded on its soil. Maybe we can play from that far in the past. Or play in the future where all the events had already ended.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I believe he means that even if you make a "What if" RP of Kingdom Hearts you would still have to sort out things like what has happened and what hasn't, whether everyone knows what a nobody is, or not. You still have to find a way to blend the RP into the canon story without making a paradox or something. I know what he means but I just can't find the words to explain it... ><" (at least I think I know)

Edit: Remember Sora, Riku, and Kairi only ever have their powers because of their ties with Ventus, Terra, and Aqua. At least, that's what I understood. Sora shared his heart with Ven, Terra gave Riku his powers and Aqua cast some sort of spell on Kairi so help would find her whenever she was in trouble, etc. So the question is, how would we have the keyblade and how many people would have it? The keyblade graveyard had many keyblades embedded on its soil. Maybe we can play from that far in the past. Or play in the future where all the events had already ended.
That's actually pretty close to what I meant. Depending on where the split from "Canon" (aka the official timeline, what you see in the games) and "Fandom" (in this case the RP) takes place, you're still going to have to note and deal with the complexities the story has already presented, anyway. Basically, no matter what, it's going to be difficult to do with without a lot of liberties by simplifying it.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

I was actually thinking of something like the past, where five children train under Master Eraqus. I'm starting to like the support here. :)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@SD- you can also make it so that that the people who join are the reincarnations of Kairi, Sora, Riku, Aqua, Terra or Ventus~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
KH seems cool. I never played the games, but I know what it is about (basically, at least). If a RP was to be based on it, it would have to be the story that drove the RPers forward, I think. So think up something really complex with twists and turns :D

I'm toying with the idea of (at some point, it's not like I have time now xD) making a journey RP that had unlimited spots and let people update their own teams, pretty much like PTA. People would go about the region in their own pace and could jump in at any time, interacting via joint posts when they felt like it and posting alone at other times. Since it would be a journey, it wouldn't be as loose and free as PTA, probably... the GM would set up chapters and toss in extra events now and then, to make sure that the players always had something to do and wanted to progress. It would be like... a single player RPG with multiplayer elements :3

Nam

Years
For Kingdom Hearts, I think the easiest to do would be something in the past where heartless and nobodies are still unknown -assuming you'd be using the unversed... If it were to take place in the future you'd have to work out how we got the Keyblades power.

With your idea of working under Eraqus... how far in the past are we talking about? He doesn't look too old so Ventus, Aqua, and Terra would probably be newborns in our teen years. So I'd assume we'd have to go a little more back and have someone completely different from Eraqus. Also, I think you could have a little bit more than just five keyblade masters. Some of them will probably be evil and others will be good.

P.S. Remember to reserve me for the good guys :3

KH seems cool. I never played the games, but I know what it is about (basically, at least). If a RP was to be based on it, it would have to be the story that drove the RPers forward, I think. So think up something really complex with twists and turns :D

I'm toying with the idea of (at some point, it's not like I have time now xD) making a journey RP that had unlimited spots and let people update their own teams, pretty much like PTA. People would go about the region in their own pace and could jump in at any time, interacting via joint posts when they felt like it and posting alone at other times. Since it would be a journey, it wouldn't be as loose and free as PTA, probably... the GM would set up chapters and toss in extra events now and then, to make sure that the players always had something to do and wanted to progress. It would be like... a single player RPG with multiplayer elements :3

That seems cool. I don't know what PTA is though... xP
But what about this: imagine a world where there is only adults in the streets doing business and serious atmospheres. A world with no fun and games because all the kids are locked up in their homes playing a new MMORPG. The kids are unaware of what happens on the outside world because all they do from the moment they wake up is go play the MMO until it is time to sleep. Perhaps they left for school on weekdays I guess, but they still only think of the game -or you could just make it so they're in vacation or whatever.

Anyway, while they're playing the MMO and unaware the game suddenly manifests on the outside world; their world and all of them are coincidentally living in the same country, at the heart of everything -perhaps they must venture to the heart.

Then again, maybe this is good only for other non-Pokemon RPGs... xD Why wouldn't you want pokemon to be real? They're nice... xP

Anyway, I can see this type of idea work for virtually any RP.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Remember the Keyblade graveyard in Bbs? You could do something prior to the Keyblade wars, where it was more common for there to be Keybearers; granted you'd be limited with Disney worlds because the stories of the earliest Disney movies were covered in BbS. Steamboat Willie would be a viable option, but if there are no Heartless/ Nobodies/ Evil Pete around then there's not much of a threat. If you set it before the events of BbS (and maybe Master Xehanort himself) then it would be less complicated.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015

That idea is friggin' awesome and you should do it as in that was the best thing I have ever read. That idea is like when a baby dragon learns to fly-and breath fire at the same time. You should make this idea into a RP, and make sure Kanto (or new region, if that is what you prefer) is in it. :p

P.S. You don't have to make it in Kanto, but you can if you please. (It's the best anyway)

Nam

Years

That idea is friggin' awesome and you should do it as in that was the best thing I have ever read. That idea is like when a baby dragon learns to fly-and breath fire at the same time. You should make this idea into a RP, and make sure Kanto (or new region, if that is what you prefer) is in it. :p

P.S. You don't have to make it in Kanto, but you can if you please. (It's the best anyway)

I vote for multiple regions.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Eh... I'd be very concerned that these 'single player' elements would be a large conflict of interest. You see one of the biggest things ever about RPing is that it's not single player, in fact that's fundamental to RPing as we know it, so going with this idea as is would alienate a large chunk of the userbase immediately on creation. (I question why I'm the only person who noticed this. Critique is valuable, yo)

That's disregarding the fact that the market for PTA-like RPs recently became arguably saturated...

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@Yellow- you're talking about Youkai Academy aren't you? :( i'm sorry... Maybe i should've asked you first if it was okay to make it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back