• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
so no way to get ditto before the elite 4? if so its makes it hard or impossible to breed before that point.

I got a male of the grass starter every time I tried and since female passes species this means I can't breed grass starters with a ditto till after the elite 4.

Was kinda relying on breeding a few grass starters to trade on here for the other 2 starters >_<

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
so no way to get ditto before the elite 4? if so its makes it hard or impossible to breed before that point.

I got a male of the grass starter every time I tried and since female passes species this means I can't breed grass starters with a ditto till after the elite 4.

Was kinda relying on breeding a few grass starters to trade on here for the other 2 starters >_<

If someone already has a ditto on a pokémon white/black then probably you can trade it with that someone before the elite 4.

Years
Pokemon B/W EV training

Can some one please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm currently trying to EV train my blastoise on my Pokemon White version. He's holding a power weight and also has Pokerus and I also gave him 5 HP ups. The problem is that I've already faught about 40 stunfisks and he's only gaining +5 HP.. Help? He's not hacked or anything, I've had him since a level 1 Squirtle.

2Blue4u

Red Doesn't Come Close
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 20, 2014
It used to be that you could save in front of the Day Care Center man, and when you got the right gender with the right nature, you could reset for good IV's.
Has that changed? I'm starting to get annoyed...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Where can you find Luxury balls? I've only just reached Castellia city.

You can only purchase them at Undella Town and the Pokemon League. You can also get them at Black City. Not many places :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
still need this answered.

I'll answer that for ya.

Unfortunately for this generation, there are no more Auto LV 100 battles. The only choices are to battle with the levels your Pokémon really are, or "flat battles" where the Pokémon all become LV 50. However, I believe if your Pokémon are below LV 50 then they stay within their levels and do not raise up to the Auto Level 50.

In my personal opinion, it all sucks. XD

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Are there still certain Pokemon that only appear a night, or have increased / decreased rates of appearance at certain times of day?

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 3, 2011
during the GTS negotion, if i put a pokemon up to show, how to I remove it without ending the entire trade

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
Years
Got a few small questions looming in the back of my mind here:

Is there anyway other than beating the Elite Four to unlock wallpapers or...that is all that I get?

And I kind of traded all my event dogs to Heartgold and it transfered all of them at once, I don't guess I can trade the dogs to a Black or White and still do the event, can I?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Another question: EXP Share seems to have changed. Instead of giving 1/2 and 1/2 EXP, it's giving about 1/4 more than it should to Emolga.

Noting it's not sent out into battle. I'm killing everything with Audino, who's first in the party. Emolga hasn't battled once.

Is this normal? If I remember correctly, even P/D/Pt was 1/2 and 1/2 split, unless the Pokemon is sent out - then it's 1/4 and 3/4 split (in favour of the sent-out EXP Share Pokemon).

:s?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I imagine that is the level difference Exp thing they implemented this gen
I.E Emolga is a lower level then the Audino's . correct.?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Another question: EXP Share seems to have changed. Instead of giving 1/2 and 1/2 EXP, it's giving about 1/4 more than it should to Emolga.

Noting it's not sent out into battle. I'm killing everything with Audino, who's first in the party. Emolga hasn't battled once.

Is this normal? If I remember correctly, even P/D/Pt was 1/2 and 1/2 split, unless the Pokemon is sent out - then it's 1/4 and 3/4 split (in favour of the sent-out EXP Share Pokemon).

:s?

I'll explain it to you~
It is a new experience system introduced this generation. It works likes a fraction. Lets say you your Pokemon at level 10 beats a level 15 Pokemon, and you received 200 Experience. Though, the experience you get changes with a fraction based off the levels. 15(Their level)/10(Your level)=3/2=1.5. This means the experience you get is multiplied by 1.5, so you get 300 instead. But this also works the other way around, say if you are higher. 10/15=2/3=.66. Instead of receiving, oh, 150, you would only get 100 Experience.

And yeah, this also applies to EXP. Share, so very handy for training low levels! :3 This, however, does make it harder to grind at very high levels...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Oh, okay *.* Thanks for explaining.

Another question: Where can I get a Shiny Stone in Black? I caught a Cinccino, but its Nature sucks, so I'm thinking of getting a Minccino and evolving it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I just wanna ask everyone this question, is Pokemon Black and/or white giving your DS a very hard time battery life wise?
I always have the sound turned off, the screens dim, and even the C-gear off, and my DS goes red within a few hours!! This like never happened before.
Is it just me? Am I maybe just playing the game too much? (If there is such a thing) Or does Black and White take up more of your DS's energy for the rest of you?

I don't have this issue. I have C-Gear off, have done some GTS trades, and have the light on the lowest setting. I've managed to play today for ~12h and the battery hasn't turned red yet. Sound's on maximum, too.

Not sure what this could be? Maybe you need to replace the battery due to long-term health. After a while, recharging doesn't work as well as when you first bought the DS, and the battery itself needs to be replaced to bring it back to standard life.

Just an idea.

Years
Oh, okay *.* Thanks for explaining.

Another question: Where can I get a Shiny Stone in Black? I caught a Cinccino, but its Nature sucks, so I'm thinking of getting a Minccino and evolving it.
The earliest location of a Shiny Stone is on Route 6; a girl in a house north of the research facility will give it to you. There is another one in Blackspiral Tower and in Black City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back