• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Forgot about Jormungand, read the first volume the other day and it was enjoyable. Always nice to see a new shoot em up series animated.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Haiyore Nyaruko....all those references, definitely better than the last one :3

Years
My to-watch lists consist of Medaka Box and Mysterious Girlfriend X for this season. Whether I'll actually remember to watch them is another story. I'm interested in both because I'm fairly certain they're both right up my alley.

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013
Haiyore Nyaruko....all those references, definitely better than the last one :3

I've never read anything related to lovecraft, but just having all the usual anime. Good comedy. Looking forward to each new episode now.

Also, while I'm talking about 1st eps.

I can definitely see Accel World being a double-sided success because of the whole protagonist projection "who needs reality" thing on one side. On the other, it'll probably be criticized for just that: having a protagonist who only indulges in escapism.

Acchi Kocchi definitely already looks wonderful with its colorful art, style, and surprisingly detailed animations. It came out of nowhere too; there was like no hype or discussion about this prior afaik. The LET'S GO JUSTIN bit at the arcade was a nice nod to fighting game fans instead of the usual button mashing fighter rip-offs. Aside from the pretty visuals, this show had some shaky pacing. It felt like a middle episode rather than a first. Still, it's very pretty to look at.

Natsuiro Kiseki was meh. I was hoping for a slice of life anime to be a little more slice of life-ish, but :drama. Not even character intros, just general impressions. Not off to a good start, but I like the art and design, so here's to hoping it grows on me after a few episodes.

Achiga Hen of Saki definitely toned down the girl's love a bit in its first ep, but Saki is still just plain fun to watch anyway. The main attraction is still that they're all secretly lesbians. There better be intense girl's love (with mahjong) in the upcoming episodes.

Sankarea was alright. I read the manga prior and it was alright, if not downright ridiculous at times. Hopefully seeing it animated with bgm and whatnot can create a better mood.

What's left besides Fate/Zero this season?
I guess Hyouka because Super Kyoto Animation 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting Championship Arade Edition HD 2012 Anniversary Edition DLC patch gems IT'S AUTOMATICALLY GOOD BECAUSE IT'S KYOANI GUYS. [size=one bajillion]KyoAni is God[/size]
Also, AKB48, because I love aidorus. :I

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Guess I'll do the same thing as there isn't a whole lot of overlap in what we've started.

Watching/Holding till complete
---
Accel World - Better than expected but not great. I read 10 chapters to see if I should bother with the cartoon and decided to stick with it. Can't say I like any of the characters but it's somewhat pretty and if the fights are animated well it could be ok.

Kimi to Boku. 2 - Cute boys doing cute things. Obviously no Nichibros but it's enjoyable.

Kuroko no Basket - Shounen Jump basketball series, was expecting to drop it after 1 ep but it was really quite awesome. Music was good, characters were interesting (especially blue) and it had Chiwa Saito on the voice cast.

Medaka Box - I guess Gainax were a decent choice for this one, was a decent adaptation of the first chapter. Will take a while to get used to Medaka's voice but the rest were spot on for me.

Nazo no Kanojo X - THAT 90's STYLING. Unique lead female, perfect voices for the characters, good choices for music. How does it feel that the best anime so far is coming from a borderline hentai studio.

Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden - Chibi art is cute and slapstick comedy is slapstick I guess. Laughed a few times so I'll be sticking with it.

Sankarea - Not sure what I thought of this really. It's quite pretty though so I'll give it a few more weeks to prove itself at least.

Shirokuma Cafe - It's an anime about a panda, a polar bear and a penguin chilling in a cafe. Need I say more?

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Pretty amusing, well done first episode. Pretty character design and the lead was good.

Dropped
----
Acchi Kocchi - Wasn't worth the download, couldn't even sit through the whole episode.

Sengoku Collection - Watched it because the promo art looked nice. Actual show looked like it was drawn by a drunk 6 year old.
----

I'm quite happy with the first round of shows so far, bring on Kids on the Slope.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Speaking of Catwoman, I really hope that Anne Hathaway doesn't ruin the part of Catwoman in the new Batman movie. It's bad enough what Halle Berry did to poor ol' Selina in her film.

Years
Speaking of Catwoman, I really hope that Anne Hathaway doesn't ruin the part of Catwoman in the new Batman movie. It's bad enough what Halle Berry did to poor ol' Selina in her film.

I don't think her portrayal will change much anyway, Catwoman completely goes against the trend set in the last two films and is, in my opinion, an awful villain.

I seriously hope the series isn't ruined because the last two films were amazing.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't think her portrayal will change much anyway, Catwoman completely goes against the trend set in the last two films and is, in my opinion, an awful villain.

I seriously hope the series isn't ruined because the last two films were amazing.
Well, she doesn't have to be a villain. She's kind of ambiguous; neither good or evil. She's a bit of an antihero-type foil to Batman.

I think that grey area would be interesting for Nolan to examine.

But, yeah, I am a bit concerned. I hope the movie doesn't suffer from threequelitus. I don't like the title. "The Dark Knight Rises". TDK was great and popular, but I don't think this movie should tie itself to it so strongly. It'd be like if Return of the Jedi was called "The Empire Strikes Back Some More". Bane was also difficult to understand in the footage we've seen so far, so I hope they address that. The eight year gap between this movie and the story of the last one just seems strange to me.

Also, if you think Catwoman goes against the trend of the last two movies... if they do bring Ra's back, that would just be the kicker. The Lazarus pit does not fit in Nolan's world.

But, at the same time, its Nolan. I love his movies. I don't think he'll screw it up.

What worries me most about Catwoman is Hathaway. Nolan doesn't seem good at casting female characters. Katie Holmes as Rachael in the first movie was boring, but... appropriate I guess. And Maggie Gyllenhaal was not appropriate for that character at all in the second movie. Way to peppy. I hope Hathaway doesn't make Selina peppy.

Last edited:
Years

Well, she doesn't have to be a villain. She's kind of ambiguous; neither good or evil. She's a bit of an antihero-type foil to Batman.

But, yeah, I am a bit concerned. I hope the movie doesn't suffer from threequelitus. I don't like the title. "The Dark Knight Rises". TDK was great and popular, but I don't think this movie should tie itself to it so strongly. It'd be like if Return of the Jedi was called "The Empire Strikes Back Some More". Bane was also difficult to understand in the footage we've seen so far, so I hope they address that. The eight year gap between this movie and the story of the last one just seems strange to me.

Also, if you think Catwoman goes against the trend of the last two movies... if they do bring Ra's back, that would just be the kicker. The Lazarus pit does not fit in Nolan's world.

But, at the same time, its Nolan. I love his movies. I don't think he'll screw it up.

Well I suppose she isn't an out and out villain but for the purpose of the film she probably will be.

I think they built upon something with Scarecrow and, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think he was killed off.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Well I suppose she isn't an out and out villain but for the purpose of the film she probably will be.

I think they built upon something with Scarecrow and, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think he was killed off.
Scarecrow wasn't killed off, no. In either movie.

Ra's was though. Batman said something to the effect of "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you either" and then the train collided.

Which always seemed a little strange to me given Batman's golden rule. So, maybe Ra's never died. Somehow.

Years

What worries me most about Catwoman is Hathaway. Nolan doesn't seem good at casting female characters. Katie Holmes as Rachael in the first movie was boring, but... appropriate I guess. And Maggie Gyllenhaal was not appropriate for that character at all in the second movie. Way to peppy. I hope Hathaway doesn't make Selina peppy.
I wouldn't expect much from Nolan with Catwoman. He doesn't really know what to do with female characters except have them die so they can motivate the main male character. See also: Memento, The Prestige, Inception.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I wouldn't expect much from Nolan with Catwoman. He doesn't really know what to do with female characters except have them die so they can motivate the main male character. See also: Memento, The Prestige, Inception.
lol Ellen Page in Inception was just "I'm here so that the main characters can explain stuff to me as if they were explaining it to the audience who can't follow along"

Yeah... female characters isn't Nolan's strong-suit.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
So... I finally decided to change the title. Agree/disagree?

(Also, hi from Japan. Ryokans and cat cafés are A-MA-ZING!)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Oh thank GOD you finally changed that damn title. It was deterring me from coming here because it was disrespectful! :P

On the topic, I have faith in Anne Hathaway to not mess up the role of Catwoman! But if she does it's no big deal, considering nearly everybody else has before her.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey do you have any songs I would like on iTunes? I have $11 left and I would really like to spend it ^^

Um, my two favorite songs right now are Cozza Frenzy and Voodoo from Bassnectar.

My most-played album is in general, Discovery from Daft Punk.
[SIZE="a"]Looking for dubstep other than Skrillex. I know some dubstep besides Skrillex like Nero and Flux Pavillion but I want to expand my library.[/SIZE]
I'm really disappointed he didn't point out Excision. A great song to start out with is Ohhh Nooo.

Years
So... I finally decided to change the title. Agree/disagree?

(Also, hi from Japan. Ryokans and cat cafés are A-MA-ZING!)
Agree 110%

Just imagine how things could have been if we had Adam West around for the current movies.

Timetravelandrocketpoweredapes.jpg

And I can't believe you went to a cat cafe.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Did anyone happen to catch the first episode of Sakamichi no Apollon? I am not much of a fan of music-themed anime and certainly not jazz music, but for some reason I was drawn by the show. I enjoyed every bit, every minute and it somehow softened my dislike for music anime. Sentarou has to be one of the most unique characters EVER.

Years
Sentarou has to be one of the most unique characters EVER.
I thought the same exact thing. I was half expecting him to fall into one of the usual stereotypes. Definitely already loving this series.

And your warming to the music is because it's Yoko Kanno and she is a goddess of music.

Years
Did anyone happen to catch the first episode of Sakamichi no Apollon? I am not much of a fan of music-themed anime and certainly not jazz music, but for some reason I was drawn by the show. I enjoyed every bit, every minute and it somehow softened my dislike for music anime. Sentarou has to be one of the most unique characters EVER.

Oh what's this anime about? It sounds interesting... I never saw a music- themed anime before...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I shall get to that tonight, Pokey commented on how well it was animated, I'm excited.

You haven't seen Beck, Nodame Cantabile, Nana, Detroit Metal City or K-On!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back