• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Eternia Forrest - Wurmple (Winky)
Gatsby died :(
Route 205 - Shellos (Rose)
Route 211 Meditite (skyrim)
Mt. Coronet - Cleffa (Cuddles)
Got the second badge.
Started moving through the Team galactic building and Shellos died :( [really want to bend the rule on this one lol >.<)

Ive been watching some Nuzlocke runs and it seems that gift pokemon are included into the rule of the first pokemon in an area (as are eggs hatching) but i guess for leveling its not an issue :)

EDIT: got slaughtered on the bike route :( game over :(

Last edited:
Years
Alright, time for Update #3!

Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

R.I.P
Spoiler:

I have another question. When you first visit Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town, the enemies are ghosts. They don't count as the first encounter of Pokémon Tower do they? Surely not...

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
After beating Brawley I went to duke it out with Team Magma, I remember they used to be a lot tougher but I crushed them all easily. On Jagged Pass I managed to catch a Numel named Tremble :t322:
NoStankYou dies to a Spoink. I kill them all with extreme prejudice from this moment forward :[
Tremble takes out most of the enemies except Camerupt because i was scared of his Magnitude so Kipdum took the rest out quite easily, managing even through attraction. Beating Flannery I went to Mirage Tower and caught myself a Trapinch whom I've named Yanmega (the Dragonfly Pokemon lololol) :t328:

Now I went to Norman's gym but no yeah I need to grind first I'll get decimated if i try to battle him.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
002.gif
Alright, so I essentially gave up on my previous Nuzlocke on my Firered cartridge, so I'm trying it again. I realized the mistakes of my last attempt; mainly having too many of the same weaknesses across my team. Well, here we go!

I picked the female avatar, named myself Asuna (SAO!) and headed out into the wilderness triggering Prof Oak to hunt me down. Instead of choosing Squirtle like I previously did, I chose Bulbasaur, hoping to eliminate some of the Electric weakness right from the start. My nicknaming theme in this playthrough will literally be the first "human" name that comes to mind. So, Flynn the Bulbasaur and I set out on our journey together. After running Prof. Oak's errand I acquired Pokéballs and headed out into Route 1 with renewed vigor. Just a few steps into the grass and my first catchable wild encounter appeared. Rattata! After weakening it slightly, I caught it with a single Pokéball. Now, I didn't really plan on using it at all, so his nickname became Tater.

Now I should probably announce that I am instilling a "No Duplicate Rule" because I would hate to be stuck with a party of useless Pokemon at the beginning. So, I traveled to Viridian and healed, then headed West into Route 22. The first Pokémon I encountered was another Rattata, so I ran and tried again. Lady Luck was with me today because my next encounter was a Mankey! I have never used the pig-monkey-thing and was extremely excited to have the chance to do so now. The name of this Quirky monkey became Peter (or Millimeter Peter according to my boyfriend >_<). Continuing on North of Viridian I caught Penelope, the Naive female Caterpie. And knowing that there were Weedle aplenty in the forest ahead, I stocked up on Antidotes and evolved Penelope into a Butterfree before entering.

I underestimated the power of my Pokémon and ended up fainting the Weedle that happened to be my first encounter in the Viridian Forest. We traversed the forest without incident and proceeded to Pewter City. Once I level grinded my team up to Lv14, I took on Brock, quickly dispatching him and earning my first badge. After heading East out of the city, I received the Running Shoes from a shady little intern for the Professor. Continuing on, I caught Pear the Spearow on Route 3, and Lucille the Geodude right inside Mt. Moon. I quickly leveled up Lucille to learn Rock Throw, knowing there were random Electric Pokémon lurking with trainers in this cave. I made it through the cave without any casualties and hopped the fence in order to get to Cerulean. And on the way I managed to catch Edward the Ekans, who I quickly boxed.

With my team at roughly Lv16, I headed North in order to initiate the battle with Green, my Rival. Despite his team beating me in levels, I quickly wiped the floor with him. After a quick stop to heal, I continued on the bridge and earned myself a Nugget. Now that I was on a new route, I caught Alexandra the Naive Abra. Unsure of whether I wanted to replace Penelope now or see how far she can go, I boxed Alex. So I will end my update here, as I am currently heading to Bill's and then training to take on Misty.

dpiconani002.gif

Flynn the Ivysaur
Timid Lv18
-Tackle
-PoisonPowder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

dpiconani056.gif

Peter the Mankey
Quirky Lv18
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Scratch
-Karate Chop

dpiconani012.gif

Penelope the Butterfree
Naive Lv17
-Confusion
-PoisonPowder
-Sleep Powder
-Tackle

dpiconani074.gif

Lucille the Geodude
Quiet Lv17
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw

Years
So just found this forum out and thought I'd throw up my progress for my second Nuzlocke Challenge. I didn't really pay attention to where I ran into duplicates or anything but my next Nuzlocke (Ruby) I will pay more attention to that and what killed my Pokemon (hopefully nothing! lol). But anyways for my Crystal Version Nuzlocke I just finished beating Clair, Blackthorn City's gym leader, and am off to the Elite Four but here is my progress:

Active Team:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Catch List:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Going to attempt this. Might as well considering I don't have a lot to do on these rainy days while by myself.

Username: Para-Dox
Game: Emerald

Additional Rules:
You must nickname all your pokémon.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may only use Poké Balls and Premier Balls.
Great Balls are allowed, although only up to 10 can be used in the entire game.
Ultra Balls are allowed, although only up to 3 can be used in the entire game.
You may not use Pokémon other than the ones you catch.
You are allowed to blackout 5 times, and revert to your last save.
Every time a Pokémon you own evolves, you will allowed to blackout one extra time.

Just as a question, am I allowed to link to my tumblr posts in order to show my updates?

Last edited:

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Just joined the site today, came across this thread. I'm already in the middle of a Nuzlocke Challenge, so I figured I should share my challenge here as well.

Username: Shad0wChas3r
Game: Heartgold

Rules I am following:
Spoiler:

Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

Trainer: Blaine
Rival: Butch
ID: 5899(9) *9 determines Starter as Water Type*

Badges: 8/8
8/16 *Johto and Kanto league*

Active Team:
Spoiler:

Standby boxed Pokemon:
Spoiler:

'Graveyard'/released Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Day Care Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Status':
Spoiler:

I'll keep this post up to date as I go along.

Last edited:
Years
Well training for the Elite Four saw me lose quite a bit...thanks to Graveler and that lovely selfdestruct.....lost four and scrambled to find the best all-around team I could but I made it through nonetheless and on to the Kanto Region...hopefully can get a better all-around party over there. Lost Xavier to Bruno's Machamp....didn't know it had Rock Slide and like all things...it critical hit me with it.

So Nuzlocke (Crystal Version) update after Elite Four:

Active Team:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Catch List:
Spoiler:

Years
Got me a decent team after looking forever for two more Pokemon...ran into a lot of doubles >.<.

Nuzlocke (Crystal Version) update after 11 gyms:

Active Team:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Catch List:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Phew, just made it through the Johto Elite Four! Thankfully none of my team-members passed on during the process! Lance almost took Fang, which would've meant my four hours of straight training my team to fifty would've been lost :/ .

Thankfully though, he missed his Thunder attack, and my Feraligatr's Ice Fang took him down in a one hit, crit kill!

Here's the team that got me through the first half:

- (M) Fang the Feraligatr/ LV. 54
- (F) Luna the Noctowl/ LV. 54
- (M) Peter the Ariados/ LV. 54
- (M) Amos the Ampharos/ LV. 54
- (M) Mack the Arcanine/ LV. 54
- (F) Natasha the Nidoqueen/ LV. 55

And here's hoping they get me through the second half!

Kanto status' will be put here.

Trainer: Blaine
ID: 58999

Johto Badges: 8/8
Johto League: Complete!

Kanto Badges: 8/8
Kanto League: Complete!

Champion Red *Nuzlocke Challenge end*: Pending.

Active Team:
Spoiler:

Standby boxed Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Kanto Campaign 'Graveyard'/released Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Day Care Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Log:

Spoiler:

Soon: Will I finish the Nuzlocke challenge that I have painstakingly spent an entire week to complete? Or will Champion Red defeat and shame me on Mount Silver. We'll find out soon...

Last edited:

JordanD

Mark danced crazy
Years
Game:Leaf green
Trainer:Darkz
Rivial:Lodz
Special rules:Fishing water doesn't count as grass and rock smash pokes do not count.
Pokemon to be caught only caught if I have pokeballs on me,with that said I am trying to carry at least 5 pokeballs at all times.
Special/event healing spots (I.E your house in Pallet town)can be used as much as I want,however Pokecenters can only be used 3 times.
Starter:Squirtle
Squirtle name:Rasputin
Squirtle nature:Careful (Nice!)
---
Okay so starting off the rival battle was easier then usual,I used tail whip to lower his DEF three stages and 3 shotted him,this run is starting off pretty good.
After doing some grinding,Rasputin (Now LV.7) is getting rather low on HP,pidgeys seem to get crits all the time,which is scary,on a side note even though he has a -Sp.atk nature bubble still hits harder then tackle.
After some grinding Rasputin learned Withdraw (LV.10) this is gonna be really useful due to his +Sp.def nature!
After deleving a special parcel to Oak,I was rewarded with 5 Pokeballs,time to catch some comrades!
ROUTE:1
Pokemon caught:Locke the Rattata-Lax Nature
Events:I grinded up Rasputin to LV.10 and caught my first companion
ROUTE:22
Pokemon caught:Sabin the Manky-Modest nature
Events:I caught Sabin the Mankey
TEAM:
Spoiler:

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
This is the moment of truth, I am currently taking on Red as we speak.

My team

Active Team:

- (M) Fang the Feraligatr/ LV. 83
- (F) Luna the Noctowl/ LV. 83
- (M) Amos the Ampharos/ LV. 82
- (M) Mack the Arcanine/ LV. 80
- (F) Natasha the Nidoqueen/ LV. 81
- (M) Porky the Mamoswine/ LV. 82

His team:

88- Pikachu
84- Venusaur
84- Charizard
84- Blastoise
80- Lapras
82- Snorlax.

---------------------------

Edit:

The Aftermath:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Riv

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
Username: Riv
Game: Pokemon Emerald Randomizer
Optional: Must Nickname All Pokemon
Black out = Game Over

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Update 2:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Name: Rokinho
Game: Pokemon HeartGold

Optional rules
-You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
-You must change the battle style to SET.
-You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

Trainer: S
Rival: Silver

Active team
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Name: BT
Games: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2 (maybe LeafGreen and HeartGold)

Rules:
1. Fainted Pokémon are dead and will be RELEASED
2. 1st encounter on each route and city can be captured.
3. Pokémon must be nicknamed.
4. Starter will be determined by RNG (red) or the last digit of the trainer card which isn't 0 (1-3 = Grass, 4-6 = Fire, 7-9 = Water).
5. Games will be hacked so trading won't be necessary. (UPRandomizer)
6. Dupes clause is in effect in all games and is lifted when a Pokémon dies.
7. Surviving Pokémon in a party at the Elite 4 raised Dupes Clause for those Pokémon in future games.
8. Battle Style = SET
9. Shiny Clause overrules rules 2, 6 and 7. Must replace any copies.
10. Egg hatches must replace mother (or father in case of ditto). Mother must be RELEASED.
11. Black Out = Game over, repeat generation.
12. Legendaries can only be caught with Poké Balls.
13. Gifted Pokémon can always be obtained (they're gifted Pokémon after all)

RED
* Obtained Squirtle after getting a 7 from RNG. His name is Aquard
* Got the Pokédex
* Caught Rattata called Speedy
* Caught Weedle called Harry
* Harry evolved into Kakuna
* Speedy was slain by a Sandshrew.
* Defeated Brock

My team:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BillyTheBumGamez

Keep calm and FUS RO DAH!
Years
Username: EpicGameBums (Billy The Bum)
Game: Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Riegn Of Legends

Yes a rom hack...

Oh well!

Ma Rules:

You must only use Pokeballs on wild pokemon except legendary pokemon
only because legendary pokemon are truly much more easy to catch
with basic pokeballs.

So there for I will use only great balls on legendarys because the are... ok...

I will also only catch certain legendarys.

Those are:

Latios
Jirachi
all four of the Regis
creselia
Dialga
Palkia
and of course...

Dark lugia.

I will also use the game over white out thing.

I will post later after I atleast get three badges! (Maybe four)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Have to replace my challenge here to the Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge,.took a while to realize I have the wrong sign-up here.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Name: BT
Games: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2 (maybe LeafGreen and HeartGold)

Rules:
1. Fainted Pokémon are dead and will be RELEASED
2. 1st encounter on each route and city can be captured.
3. Pokémon must be nicknamed.
4. Starter will be determined by RNG (red) or the last digit of the trainer card which isn't 0 (1-3 = Grass, 4-6 = Fire, 7-9 = Water).
5. Games will be hacked so trading won't be necessary. (UPRandomizer)
6. Dupes clause is in effect in all games and is lifted when a Pokémon dies.
7. Surviving Pokémon in a party at the Elite 4 raised Dupes Clause for those Pokémon in future games.
8. Battle Style = SET
9. Shiny Clause overrules rules 2, 6 and 7. Must replace any copies.
10. Egg hatches must replace mother (or father in case of ditto). Mother must be RELEASED.
11. Black Out = Game over, repeat generation.
12. Legendaries can only be caught with Poké Balls.
13. Gifted Pokémon can always be obtained (they're gifted Pokémon after all)

RED
* Obtained Squirtle after getting a 7 from RNG. His name is Aquard
* Got the Pokédex
* Caught Rattata called Speedy
* Caught Weedle called Harry
* Harry evolved into Kakuna
* Speedy was slain by a Sandshrew.
* Defeated Brock

My team:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler: