• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underneath the Town Tree ♤ The Animal Crossing Club

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023

lXnjU2J.jpg

Hello and welcome to PC's one and only Animal Crossing fan club! Here, we will be discussing everything about this wonderful game series. Everyone is welcome, provided you're interested, whether you've been a player since the first edition on GameCube or have yet to touch the latest version, New Leaf!

For those not in the know, Animal Crossing is an adorable life-simulation game series, in which the player (a human) comes to live in a village inhabited only by animals. The player can then start living their life, and engage in several activities such as fishing, bug catching, digging up fossils, running errands for neighbours, landscaping, expanding and decorating their home... there's so much to do, the game is practically endless. It has a slow pace however, and requires the player to 'do a little every day' rather than playing it through like you could with Pokémon. Nonetheless, the freedom to do exactly what you want to, combined with the cute and funny interactions with the different animal villagers, makes the game an enjoyable and relaxing experience.

lbgF7wv.png
Rules:

1. Follow all PC and FC&G rules.
2. Be nice and respectful towards other members.
3. Please try to stay active and on-topic.
4. Have fun!

Join Form:

Username:_________________Nagi
Favourite Villager:___________Zucker
3DS Friend Code:___________4441-9212-2433
Dream Address:_____________none yet!
Answer the current topic!

Members:
1. Nagi
takoya.gif
FC
2. Flushed
gummi.gif
FC
3. Alice
marl.gif
maple.gif
FC
4. Osiris
maple.gif
FC / DC
5. eros
tantan.gif
binta.gif
FC
6. afiguari
snyle.gif
FC
7. Nakala Pri
mamoru.gif

8. Lisia
perrine.gif
FC / DC
9. JayD
kamomi.gif
FC / DC
10. Sheep
gummi.gif
FC
11. honey
etekichi.gif
FC
12. Mawa
doremi.gif
FC
13. Axeliira
jasmine.gif
FC
14. Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
jasmine.gif
FC
15. cuttlefishCuller
tumblr_inline_mpks1gQOQ81qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkrpkjTU51qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkqzxhsd21qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mpkozxBS8h1qz4rgp.gif
FC / DC
16. Tsutarja
lemonade.gif
FC / DC
17. Klippy
sumi.gif
FC
18. Ruma
patch.gif

19. AmericanWonderland
nelson.gif
kanroku.gif
FC
20. cream
patty.gif
FC
21. DDDchu
tome.gif
FC
22. Orpheus
nacky.gif
FC
23. Loriania
caviar.gif
FC
24. Achromatic
bouquet.gif
FC
25. Azazel
patch.gif
FC
26. Urugamosu
kurubushi.gif
FC
27. Yosei
dejaneiro.gif
FC
28. Deceptio
monja.gif
jupetti.gif
FC

29. ????

Extra:

This club has recently opened a skype group! It makes spontaneous Wi-Fi meetups a lot easier to organize, and provides a nice environment for us to chat in. If you join the club and you'd like to join us on skype as well, please click this link. Please mention your PC username so we know who you are, though!

Design Contest WINNER: Lisia
f1INnBj.png

Designs
Our club members have produced some beautiful designs for use in Animal Crossing! QR codes are found here.
by Lisia:
Spoiler:

by honey:
Spoiler:

by Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer:
Spoiler:

by DDDchu:
Spoiler:

by Azazel
Spoiler:

Topics:

• What is your favourite series or piece of furniture?
  • How was Easter, or rather Bunny Day in your town?
  • Do you still have any of your original villagers in your town?
  • What are you most excited to do now that spring is here?
  • How do you use designs in your game?
  • Would you like to participate in an Animal Crossing Design Contest?
  • What are your time-travelling habits?
  • What town tunes do you have your town set to?
  • What bug, fish or sea creature do you think is the most difficult to catch?
  • Are you interested in joining the New Leaf Get-Together this weekend? If yes, please make sure your Friend Code is listed, and add Axeliira's FC to be able to join! Details on meeting time will follow.
  • What Town Ordinance is in effect in your town, and why?
  • It's almost the New Year! Do you have any Animal Crossing-related resolutions?
  • Do you think Animal Crossing Wii U will be announced soon? Do you want it to be announced soon? What are your hopes and expectations for it? Discuss!
  • If you were an animal villager, what would you be like? (Species, personality type?)
  • What is your favourite season in Animal Crossing?
  • Do you have a particular goal or image you want to achieve in your village? If yes, what is it?
  • What was your first Animal Crossing game?

CSS credit to Sheep; Image credit to respective artists!

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Username: Flushed
Favourite Villager: Poppy
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3518-2260
Dream Address: N/A

I actually just picked up New Leaf again for the first time in ages! But yeah my first AC game was Wild World. It was so addicting and my siblings loved it as well so we had to take turns playing it haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Welcome, Flushed!

Yeah, the inspiration for this club also came from picking up New Leaf again after a while. I've really gotten back into it somehow!
My first game was Wild World as well, but in my case my little brother wasn't interested in it at all. He made a character but I think I may have played with it more than he did... ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
Was it annoying to have to share? I was always happy whenever my brother showed interest, but I can imagine it being annoying if they're constantly on your back.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Oh it was definitely fun all living in the same town and stuff, but yeah it was annoying having to take turns. We'd each get like an hour, which is not that much time at all, so every hour we'd be bugging each other to give up the DS haha.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
I haven't played New Leaf, but I really enjoyed City Folk. :) Is that OK?

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Oh it was definitely fun all living in the same town and stuff, but yeah it was annoying having to take turns. We'd each get like an hour, which is not that much time at all, so every hour we'd be bugging each other to give up the DS haha.

Oh yeah, I can imagine!
I just realised in Wild World all characters lived in the same house; was it difficult to agree on who could decorate what part of the house? Or maybe nobody was interesting with decorating anyway? hehe.

Of course! Everyone's welcome to join; after all, they still belong to the same series so there should be plenty of overlap for discussion!
I personally never played City Folk though, so you'll have to bear with me regarding things I don't know
c:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Nah we each got our own room in the house so that worked out well haha. But yeah I don't mind having my own house, as in all the other games.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
*MOD POST*

Just keep that in mind that it's a general Animal Crossing fan club, so don't feel discouraged in joining. The owner is more than happy to let you in, as long as you follow the Sign-Up requirements on the first post.~

Sorry to interrupt! Carry on, guys. :)

also i'm planning to get AC:NL on my next payday so hopefully when I start playing i will join. weeee

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Username: QuilavaKing
Favourite Villager: Mitzi/Maple
3DS Friend Code: 4785-4325-4830
Dream Address: N/A

I started with the Gamecube animal crossing, and have played all of them since then, even Animal Forest. (The original Japanese N64 version.)

I played NL a lot at launch, but didn't play much since then until recently. I've been playing almost every day the last few weeks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Welcome, QuilavaKing!
I'm the same with regards to playing NL; I picked it up again after a long hiatus, and now I really got back into it! I'm impressed you even played the Japanese Animal Forest though; you played it in Japanese then too I assume? Wasn't that difficult?

Nah we each got our own room in the house so that worked out well haha. But yeah I don't mind having my own house, as in all the other games.

I definitely prefer having my own house to decorate too, yes ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ not that i'm sharing my game with anyone anymore nowadays though... I assume you're not sharing yours anymore either?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Nope, got my own game these days. Kinda miss having others play in the same town though. I have to compensate by making more people myself. :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Welcome, QuilavaKing!
I'm the same with regards to playing NL; I picked it up again after a long hiatus, and now I really got back into it! I'm impressed you even played the Japanese Animal Forest though; you played it in Japanese then too I assume? Wasn't that difficult?
Yeah, it's similar enough to the other games that I knew what was going on even without being able to understand it. I was just curious of what it was like, and unsurprisingly it's just like the Gamecube version but will less content. lol

How far into NL are you guys? I have a few hundred thousand in the bank, but haven't spent a huge amount on projects or house expansions, so I wouldn't say I'm really that far. I'm getting stuff together to start selling hybrids and other plants on The Bell Tree Forums.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I got pretty far, the only reason I didn't want to restart was because it took me forever to get Gracie to come to my town and get her shop on Main Street. I upgraded one of my houses all the way, and got quite a few bells saved up as well. And I got like hundreds of black roses everywhere, but those can be regrown pretty easily. If they were gold however, that'd be a different story. The Green Ordinance (don't remember the exact name) kept all my flowers alive in the year or so I stopped playing haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
I'm not very far as I restarted my town in the summer, so I'm still catching up basically. But I've never been very concerned with growing hybrids and such ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ maybe I'll get into that when my town's 'main body' is done, haha.
I really wish my villagers would suggest some more PWPs though...

Years
Username: Brendino
Favourite Villager: Maple
3DS Friend Code: 4957-2640-0002
Dream Address: 5500-2346-9245

Ooh, new Animal Crossing club! New Leaf was actually my first Animal Crossing game, even though I wanted to get into the series since Wild World (by the time I finally got a DS, it was almost impossible to find). I've been playing New Leaf basically every day since the North American release though, since I'm always paranoid someone's going to move out if I miss a week, haha. That said, there are probably people that have been playing about a third as long as I have, and have much nicer towns, since I haven't bothered much with pathways, PWPs, landscaping, etc.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Welcome, Brendino!

I'm the same with regards to progress in my town... I've made most progress with my house decoration, and I've laid down paths in PART of my town, but there's still so many villagers that I want out because they're in the way of a future path/PWP that I really haven't bothered much with it...
( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
I'm very impressed that you've continued playing the entire time, though! I can't help but wonder though; do you still enjoy it or is it more of a chore, to make sure no villagers move out while you weren't paying attention?

Last edited:
Years
I'd say it's become more of a routine than a chore at this point, since I wouldn't still be playing the game if I didn't enjoy it. Granted, I'm not playing for an hour or two at a time like I did when I first started, but playing for 10-15 minutes to talk to my villagers, look around for fossils and special characters, etc. keeps me entertained.

I really should get on some paths and more PWPs, but I always seem to be stuck at 9 villagers, so I don't want to start planning everything out, only to have someone move into a bad location and ruin everything. That's also why I don't use Street Pass on New Leaf anymore, just so I don't get someone's cast off villager when I least expect it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
I see. That's nice! Still, finding all fossils, visiting all shops and talking to all villagers tends to take nearly an hour for me normally! But admittedly, I also do a lot of stuff in between; watering wilting flowers and shooting down balloons should I encounter any.
You can also use PWPs to block villager houses from being placed anywhere you don't want them! At the moment I'm also using a couple yellow benches to ward off houses from an area where I want to place other PWPs later... like the wisteria trellis that hasn't been suggested yet.

On another note, it's been over a week, so time for a new topic!
Do you have a particular goal or image you want to achieve in your village? If yes, what is it?
In my case, I lack creativity, so I usually end up trying to imitate something I like. I also recently kidnapped my brother's abandoned game card, so now I have two towns to govern! One of my towns is already being modeled after Mossdeep City (ORAS style), although I haven't really made much progress landscaping-wise, and the other town will be an autumn-season town slightly inspired by Hoogland, a town in the final Professor Layton game
( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I actually named my town Duloc, after the city in Shrek. Shrek is my mayor, and Farquaad is another one of my players haha. We even have a fitting tune. As far as the landscaping goes, haven't really made any strides to make it similar, since Duloc isn't exactly well-documented, or in the middle of a forest. But Farquaad's house is upgraded to a castle, so that's nice.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
haha, that is nice! i assume your Shrek isn't green, though? did you base him off the human Shrek that (i think) was in one of the movies?
but that's a great theme! you haven't done it yet, but do you think you'll try to make the landscaping reflect the world of Shrek as well, or just relax and decorate it as you please?

i'm still in the process of resetting for a nice layout of my Hoogland-themed town, but it's hard, cause i haven't decided on a particular layout yet... and then i start doubting myself and stuff. i'm very particular about this sort of thing, cause else i know i'll end up resetting again eventually (ノ>▽<。)ノ

Back