• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Mauve Banzett and Ruby Cosgrove

Featuring MurkMire and Carnivore Chie!

A Warm Welcome

Mauve was suddenly stirred from his thoughts by a voice, seemingly directed at him. He looked up, and saw quite a lovely girl. She had black hair, and a blonde patch. Mauve was... well, taken aback. She was quite easy on the eyes, and looked quite athletic. He was certainly stuck on a reply, as Mauve was never around people his age. Raze, however, greeted the girl with a hearty "Bellllll!"

"Well, aren't you a friendly little guy," Ruby greeted, glancing down at the Weepinbell that was hanging around the boy's shirt. Fang glanced up at the duo, looking between the boy and his Grass-type before letting out a loud, hearty bark. She glanced over at her Houndoom, nodding and giggling softly. Rub reached down and scratched behind his ear gently. "Yes, yes... I haven't forgotten you were here, Fang."

As soon as the girl's Houndoom barked, Mauve jumped in his seat, and looked down at the Dark Pokemon. He shivered a bit, and muttered a reply, "S-Sure, have a seat." Raze was swinging back and forth in delight. Mauve, however, could feel his heart racing ever so slightly, with the gorgeous girl and the Fire-type that he could only assume was her partner. Raze swung a little bit, trying to help Mauve calm down a bit. He looked down, and patted his partner. With a deep breath, he looked up at her. "It's okay. I'm not holding this seat," he said with a nervous chuckle.

Ruby gave the boy another smile and took the seat beside him promptly. Fang took a seat by her feet, stretching his body out for a moment before coming to curl up comfortably on the floor. She then extended a hand out to Mauve, deciding that it was probably polite to introduce herself next.

"Thanks for letting me sit here. I really didn't wanna wander around town and end up getting stuck in an even longer line to challenge the gym leader," Ruby said. "My name is Ruby, by the way. It's nice to meet you... uh..."

Mauve extended his hand, and shook her hand firmly. He eyed her Houndoom, still a bit uneasy, but tried to swallow his increasing discomfort. "My n-name is Mauve. Nice t-to meet y-you. M-Mauve B-Banzett. Um... yes?" Mauve felt a metaphorically large sweat drop descend upon him, as he noticed that Ruby noticed his discomfort.

"Mauve...? Well, that's a nice name," Ruby said, continuing to make small talk. She gave the boy a curious glance, suddenly feeling a bit awkward. "Is... everything okay? You're looking a bit flushed... Oh, I know. You're probably a bit nervous, aren't you? I can't blame you. This is my first gym battle, so I've got a few butterflies in my stomach too."

"Eheh... it is, thank you. Your name is lovely, too." He smiled back at her, but panicked on the inside. Mauve couldn't help but be charmed by this charming girl, yet intimidated by her Houndoom. He remembered what his mother told him about interacting with others... "Mauve, if you want to make a good impression, you must be honest, and confident." He hung his head, and sighed deeply. Taking a big gulp of air, he sat up, looking Ruby in the eye. "To be quite honest..." He looked down at her partner Pokemon, and then back at her.

He tried and tried to think of a way to not only be honest, but also not anger her. "You see, I... have a fear of Fire-type Pokemon." His glasses slid a bit, but he slid them back up with an index finger. Raze looked up at Mauve, feeling his heart beat even faster.

A small whine of confusion was heard from Fang as he glanced up. The Fire-type glared slightly in annoyance at Mauve, as if he was offended by the fact that the boy was afraid of him. Ruby giggled at the scene before her, petting her Houndoom gently and getting the dog to lay back down on the floor once more. After calming Fang down, Ruby returned her attention to Mauve.

"You don't have to worry about Fang. He's harmless, really..." Ruby assured him. A small smirk quickly came to her lips. "He'd never actually hurt you or anything like that... usually."

With a sigh of relief, Mauve was able to calm himself. For the most part. Though, when her Houndoom glared up at Mauve, he felt his spine stiffen greatly. "Well, if you say so... my apologies," Mauve replied with another nervous chuckle. He smiled at her, after parting his bangs away from his right eye.

Trying to keep up the small talk, Mauve asked Ruby, "Well... back to your previous question... I'm not too worried. Sure, my new Koffing may have some trouble, but Raze can get the job done. Isn't that right, partner?" Mauve looked down to a smiling Weepinbell, slightly swinging. Looking back at Ruby, he then asked, "What about you? How do you feel about facing this gym leader?"

"I'm absolutely terrified," Ruby said, giving Mauve a small grin as she answered. "I don't really have any Pokémon that have a great advantage over Rock-types. So, I pretty much have to come up with a great strategy right off the bat or else I won't have a prayer." The young woman paused, bringing a finger to her lips as if she was suddenly thinking something over. "Hey, how about you let me watch you and steal a few tips?"

With a small frown, Mauve thought maybe it would be a good idea to let her watch. But, on the other hand... her, watching him battle in his first gym battle... made him quite nervous. "Ahem... Yes, absolutely. I'd be more than happy to let you watch," Mauve said with a nervous smile. Weepinbell rattled a bit, then smiled at Ruby.

Ruby let out a small, light-hearted giggle. "Oh, don't worry. I was just kidding, actually. I wouldn't dare pry into your private matters like that," she replied. "Besides, if I need to steal tips on how to beat the first gym leader, then something tells me I'd probably be in the wrong career path anyways and would most likely need to head on home to Johto... Speaking of which, where are you from? You've got that accent that tells me we're from the same region."

"Well, I don't know about that... I mean, this Gym Leader uses Rock-types, of course. And usually, they're also part Ground-types. Which could cause serious problems for Fire-types like Houndoom," Mauve explained. His knowledge really shined when it came to his research of the Kanto gym leaders.

When Ruby asked about them being possibly from the same region, Mauve replied with, "If you mean Johto, then yes. I come from Ecruteak City. My mother was originally an incredible Coordinator, but, she wanted to teach Pokemon dancing where it originated. What about you?" Mauve was very curious, wondering if she lived close to his hometown.

"Violet City, born and raised," Ruby answered, crossing her arms and leaning back in her seat a bit. "I live... Well, lived with my Granny and little sister there. Granny worked at the local PokéMart, while my sister and I usually helped her out there part time." Fang's ears perked up as his trainer began to talk a bit. The Houndoom slowly picked himself off the ground and made his way towards Ruby, where he then nudged his snout against her leg in an attempt to gain the woman's attention. "Don't worry, we wouldn't forget you either... Fang was also from Violet City. I found him there back when he was just a stray, little Houndour."

"I see... well, I'm glad he found a good trainer." He winked, and looked down at his partner. "I met Raze because of my mother. I was homeschooled by my mother, and when I turned 16, my mother gave me this little guy as a Bellsprout. We became close very quickly." He smiled down, and was met with a happy Weepinbell. "Speaking of our Pokemon, do you have any others with you?" Mauve asked, interested as to what else she may have.

"Nothing amazing special, if you're hoping to see a rare species," Ruby answered. "I caught a Pidgey on my way here. I figured that having a flyer as one of my first teammates would always be a good idea. Of course, that was before I discovered that the first gym leader I'd be fighting would be using Rock-types..."

"Pidgey, and their evolved forms, are quite the reliable Flying-type Pokemon. You can't go wrong with a Pidgey," he explained. Hesitating, Mauve continued with, "Well, I don't remember if I said, but I caught Huff 'n Puff, my dear Koffing on the way." He knew Ruby was going to have a difficult time with the Gym Leader. He didn't want to think it, but she may struggle with him, too. "Maybe I should stick around to help... just in case. She seems like a pleasant girl to be around... plus, she's very beautiful."

The two continued to talk and enjoy their company, forgetting where they were while chatting.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Vernita Glade Adventures
387.gif
133.gif
The Odd Mystery of Viridian Forest
~Viridian Forest~

Vernita and Eevee started to stroll along the forest, and both sighed as they breathe in the fresh air.

"This is why I came here," Vernita said to herself.

Eevee, curious as to what exactly she was saying, cried out to her. Vernita turned to look at her.

"Oh, I mean why I came to Kanto. Sinnoh is pretty developed, and most of the cities can be suffocating sometimes. And here in Kanto, there's so much nature to explore, from these forests to the mountains... and the beauty..."

Apparently Eevee thought the same thing, because she cried out to her trainer and nudge her. Vernita started to wonder how a recently new pokemon could like her already, but then she remembered she was just a new born. So basically both of them were pretty new to Kanto. After a while of walking in silence, the two of them stopped when they heard some noise. At first, they thought that it was nothing, but as they slowly walked closer, they heard screams from people and cries from Pikachu, lots of them. Vernita took out Turtwig.

"Listen to me," said Vernita. "We're going to help those people out, but we're going to have to engage in battle. Just try not to harm anyone too much, okay?"

Turtwig automatically nodded, and Eevee gave a battle cry.

"Okay, let's go!"

All of them ran east of where they were to a camp. The tent was intact, but everything else was a huge mess; whatever supplies left remained in the rubble, scattered everywhere, and the people screaming were surrounded by at least four Pikachu, electricity taking over their bodies. Eevee and Turtwig stopped in their tracks as they saw they were outnumbered. Vernita barely caught up with her pokemon when she stepped on a lone stick, and the pack turned to look at the new spectators. Two of the Pikachu backed away from their positions and went towards the pokemon. Before they could get closer, Turtwig unleashed a Seed Bomb attack of the Pikachu to the right. The one to the left tried to jump on Vernita, and thanks to her small size, she managed to doge the attack. She then noticed something.

"Eevee! Eevee, where are you?!"

Her pokemon then sprang from the ground and launched herself at the Pikachu, sending it flying to a bush. She looked at her pokemon and smiled. She saw the other Pikachu there trying to retreat, but Turtwig gave them a chase. Vernita then went to where the campers were there frozen, and she went there and told them:

"You might want to get out of here while you can. I'm sure there are more of these pokemon here. I'll hold them all, but I appreciate if you can get backup in Pewter City."

All of them nodded and they ran towards the exit, but one stayed behind.

"You might as well get some potions from our camp. After all, it will be a while."

Vernita nodded as the girl broke off to a sprint and ran towards her friends. Noticing it was just her and Eevee, she said:

"Eevee, do you mind sniffing out where Turtwig went?"

Eevee gave a cry and went deeper into the forest. Before she followed her, Vernita tooks some supplies, including some food, berries, and potions, and ran after Vee. She saw the fox run until they came in a clearing. She saw Turtwig fighting with the run away Pikachu, but then she heard a very high yelp not far from her. She turned her head to pin a location, but she wasn't too sure of herself.

"Turtwig! Use a Razor Bomb!"

Turtwig nodded and surrounded himself in a cloak of Razor Leafs, but then he charges at the Pikachu, and coming in contact, he released Razor Leafs and Seed Bombs and hit them. One of the Pikachu got up and this time Eevee gave it a pursuit. Turtwig and Vernita did their best to keep up, but Vernita stopped as from the corner of her eye a boy. She and Turtwig went over there and saw a boy fasten some shoes. All she saw was blond hair, but as he lifted up his head, she saw piercings on him. What awed Vernita that he was here without a pokemon.

"Hey!" Vernita yelled out to him. "You really shouldn't be out alone in the wild without a pokemon in a forest, especially this one. Mainly because-"

Whatever came next was lost because a Pikachu that was perching in a tree lunged at Vernita and she wrestled it on the ground. Hurry, she said to herself. Hurry before this pokemon charges up. The Pikachu started to get some electricity on its cheeks when a Razor Leaf attack came and Vernita freed herself of the Pikachu. She flushed and breathed hard, unknown as to what to do next.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Keia MacBeth
Viridian Forest
"The Grumpy Mushroom Thing"

077.gif

Harley

The fresh mountain air filled Keia's lungs as she stepped outside of the Pokemon Center she'd stayed at for a cigarette. The rooms were all non-smoking, and anyway she didn't believe in smoking indoors. She lit up and leaned against the wall a courteous distance away from the front door. It was still fairly early and a chill Keia hadn't been prepared for clung to her skin. Back in Cinnabar her tank top and jeans were more than sufficient. But now she mused that she should have brought her jacket down with her, just in case. That was something she was going to have to get used to. Cinnabar provided a warm, breezy climate with the occasional cold snap ferried in on the ocean. Not everywhere would be like that, and she couldn't assume anything. Though the change in temperature was such a simple thing, the nerves that had remained just beneath the surface bubbled up again. Keia was so far from home, so far from what she knew. It was hard not to feel a little shell shocked. It would help if she at least had half an idea what she was doing in battle. A little experience would be nice. But her knowledge lay in the more technical aspects of things rather than the practical application.

That would have to change soon if she were to have any chance in the League. There had to be others starting with a cleaner slate than hers, but among the challengers she knew were those with the knowledge and skill to sweep through the circuit like it was nothing. They intimidated her more than anything else. They were her peers, the standard that she felt she had to hold herself to.

As it always did, though, the simple act of inhaling and blowing smoke through her nose helped her calm down. If she put it all in perspective her lack of experience wasn't such a bad thing. What was it Blaine told his trainees? "I'd rather you know nothing and let me teach you everything, than you think you know everything and me have to teach you that you know nothing." She could start from the ground up and figure it out as she went. And if she lost a gym battle or two? So what. She could just try again after a little more training.

Keia dropped the remnants of her cigarette in the bin and headed inside to pack up. She could probably get a few extra hours of sleep in if she really wanted to, but she would much rather get going. She wanted to check out Viridian Forest to the south before she went to the gym, and with any luck she would bring a new partner into her team. As she'd never caught a Pokemon before, Keia wanted to give herself plenty of time to make mistakes and blunder about. She yawned wide and stepped into the elevator, stretching her sleepy limbs. Her body hadn't quite got the memo that it was time to be awake. She'd always had trouble waking up in the morning, and for this simple reason she headed for the coffee maker as soon as she got back to her room. While it brewed she packed her belongings into the black and burgundy backpack she'd bought before leaving Cinnabar. As she'd packed as light as she could there wasn't much to worry about just yet. She was done far before the coffee finished, leaving her time to straighten the room up just a bit. Though it was technically the maid's job she didn't like to leave a mess. Cleanliness and respect for others was something her father had drilled into her from a young age, and it still stuck.

When the coffee was finished Keia poured it into a foam cup, sweetened it to taste, and popped the lid on. She had originally planned to sit and relax while she drank, maybe wake up a little more, but she felt far too antsy for that. Instead she double checked the belt around her waist that held Harley's ball and five empty ones and then headed downstairs to return the key to the front desk. This was it, the actual start to a journey she didn't feel all that ready for. It was terrifying, but more than that it was exhilarating. She took deep lungfuls of the fresh morning air--able to enjoy it properly now that she'd donned her jacket--and took the path south. The sparse trees on either side of the path soon grew dense around her until the sunlight that filtered through their leaves cast a green tint on the dirt. Keia had never been to a forest before, though she'd always wanted to go. It was just as pretty as she'd thought it would be. Everywhere she looked she could see Bug Pokemon crawling about in the trees, stretching their wings or having a breakfast of leaves. The grass rustled here and there as she disturbed the wildlife. Most of them fled before she even had the chance to see what she'd found. That was alright; though she'd come here to catch a Pokemon she was in no rush. When she saw the right one she would know.

And with that thought she peered beyond a bush to find a strange Pokemon she'd never seen before staring up at her with the most cantankerous expression. It was squat and fat with a body the color of dead leaves, covered in green spots. It looked quite a bit like a mushroom, Keia decided as she watched it curiously. It seemed to have nothing but contempt for her and it turned to waddle away on clumsy little feet. But Keia liked it, and she wanted it. She took a step back and pressed the button on Harley's ball. That, at least, she knew was the right thing to do. Harley nickered in greeting, her ears perked and eyes bright.

"Harley, Tail Whip on… uh… the mushroom thing."

She snorted and tilted her head, not sure what Keia meant, until she made a vague hand gesture in the direction of the disinterested Grass type. Only then did Harley realize this was an actual battle. The equine perked up and immediately moved to do as she had asked. She charged at the mushroom Pokemon and turned at the last second, swatting at it with her tail. The force was enough to make the unbalanced Pokemon fall on its face. It made an odd gurgling sound of distress and struggled to right itself. Now that it recognized Keia and Harley as a threat its frown deepened. It shook its body--Keia noticed with some degree of fascination that its upper body swished freely, almost like a dress--and emitted yellow spores from the top of its head. Harley didn't wait for instructions before scrambling away. It didn't take battle training for her sensitive nose to recognize the powder as a danger to her.

"Good! Use…um… Stomp."

As soon as the air was clear enough Harley charged at the little mushroom and stomped down on it with her front hooves. It hissed and backed away in a daze. That had to be good enough, right? Keia picked one of the empty Pokeballs off of her belt, her heart thudding in her ears, and threw it. The capsule opened and swallowed up the Pokemon in a jet of red light. It fell onto the grass and shook.

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Keia

But the pokeball sprung open again! The grumpy mushroom thing returned to its true size and shape, and it was grumpier than ever, spores still lingering dangerously in the air around it. Apparently, it was too tough to let itself be overwhelmed by a few physical attacks... Let there be fire?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
tumblr_muu4j2goIK1rl66y8o1_500.png

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

Sightseeing​

[title="Goo: Absorb/Protect/Bubble/Tackle]
704MS.png
[/title]
Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png

True enough, the other people milling around the museum went away, leaving Jordan alone inside. The woman who talked to him before was now chatting up the receptionist, her attention casually fleeting from her co-worker to Jordan. The man just shrugged and inspected the other displays. After all, he is already bored of the small random stones he was looking at.

However, his supposed-to-be continuation of the tour was cut short by a blonde guy (whose hairstyle is too wild for Jordan's taste) with a purple messenger bag hung around his shoulder. The blonde guy patted Jordan on the back, a gesture Jordan isn't quite sure of. "Hey there buddy! You look like you're really into that rock."

"Well, not really this rock. I don't know a thing about this random assortment of pebbles," Jordan said, pointing to the displays. "They're really not special, I guess. It's not a Moon Stone or anything." Jordan took one last look at the random pebble display. "I'm going to check out the fossils. You're free to join, but please be quiet for a moment. I need to take a really good look at them." He went away but looked back at the boy, his manners overpowering him. "I'm Jordan Kaleel Jr. by the way." Jordan proceeded to the other displays without waiting for the blonde boy's reaction.

What interested Jordan after all is the huge collection of fossils the museum is said to have. As he peered down one display glass, he saw a Dome Fossil. He have never seen one before in reality but he knew what they look like from the books he had extensively read on fossils. He liked the idea of a Kabuto on team. It's fast and strong, and really cool to look at. When it evolves, Kabutops is certainly an intimidating Pokemon. Too bad fossils are rare nowadays. If Jordan wanted one, he should go and excavate one for himself.

He moved to the next display and saw an Old Amber. He had an Old Amber back in his home. Seeing a more raw Amber excited the young man. Inside, you can see an Aerodactyl finger bone. His Amber only had a tooth. Any uneducated man could say that Jordan's Amber is not really Aerodactyl Amber. It's merely a tooth. It doesn't even look like an Aerodactyl tooth as it already lost its pointy end. It is more of a rock. He made a mental note to himself to go grab the Amber once he reached back home. He heard a certain laboratory in Cinnabar could go revive the fossils with a probability chance as high as 12%. He's willing to take the risk. Aerodactyl is another good addition to the team and if he managed to find the Aerodactilite, he's sure to have a good powerhouse.

The last display features the broken shell of an Omanyte, the Helix Fossil. He's not really fond of the species. He finds tentacles weird and scary. However, Jordan noted a crack in the upper part of the fossil. It doesn't seem like a natural crack as natural cracks doesn't go as deep as the wedge he saw. He figured out that mishandling of the fossil caused the crack, probably when they people were excavating it and accidentally tapping it with a hammer.

The other displays were only Moon Stones and smaller random stones. "So, yeah. I think that is all this museum has to offer."

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years

Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
Viridian Forest
"Something New Every Day"

So, much to Sigur's surprise and joy, it turned out that a panicking teenager could actually outrun a pack of crazy-ass Pokémon when scared enough. Never before had Sigur ran quite as fast - and with as complete disregard for everything that got in his way - as he did now, and while his chest did feel like it was about to burst and he believed that after this was done and over with, his leg muscles could compete with a Machoke's, he didn't show any signs of slowing down. Funny thing. Maybe he'd done better in PE class if he'd just had the motivation he did now.

Sigur had yet to find a trace of his supposed Pokémon companion when a shout from somewhere suddenly stole his attention. He turned his head in surprise, having assumed - and certainly enough, hoped - that the first familiar creature he'd run into would be Bál, but eh. He'd take what he was given. Anything was better than the buckteeth following him.

"You really shouldn't be out alone in the wild without a pokemon in a forest, especially this one."

"No shit, really?" Sigur grunted back irritably before he could stop himself. Great, the first person he saw in the forest was the genderflipped version of Captain Obvious. Regardless, he took a turn and started to run towards girl who, upon closer inspection, was tiny as hell. Could she really even help? Well, at the very least she could divide the attention of the hord chasing him, and she did have some sort of a turtle with some major overshot going on with her. Far better than a Gabite who was nowhere in sight, in any case.

"Mainly because-" the girl started in an attempt to continue, but before she could finish whatever it was she was about to say, a yellow blur suddenly assaulted her from above, effectively startling Sigur's run to come to a sudden halt. Holy hell, what, could the yellow sons of bitches fly now?! The girl fell, wrestling with the Pokémon on the ground before her own critter managed to knock her assailant away. Oh, so the thing was good for something else than turtle soup. That was certainly good to know.

... Too bad that in the time it had taken them to recover from the Pikachu's attack, they'd become completely surrounded by the Pikachu. Shit.

"Damn it... Hey, pipsqueak," he called out to the girl, slowly backing away from the Pokémon and closer to her - and subsequently, her Pokémon. He wanted to stand as close to their only source of defense as he could. He nodded towards the Turtwig. "I hope you've trained that thing to fight dirty, 'cause our asses are done for if not."

The sound of few of the Pikachu charging up electricity drowned out whatever answer she gave, and just as Sigur started to try and find the best direction to dash towards, a familiar growl reached his ears. He shot a quick glance to his left, heart beating hopefully. And surely enough, standing only a little distance away from them, head tilted and eyes alight with curiosity over her trainer's predicament was no other than Bál the Goddamned Traitor from Hell. Halle-fucking-lujah.

"There you are! Where the hell've you been?! Get your ass here and bail me - uh, us outta here, stat!" He figured he might as well help the lil girl as well. He didn't feel like getting charges for neglect on top of everything else. And he... did kinda owe her one, and all.

A grin spread on Bál's face and without a moment wasted, she called out her name and started to run towards the scene, claws raised and glowing. Sigur'd already started to feel relief stirring and a grin climbing on his face when, instead of sinking her claws into the electric mice, the dragon suddenly bent downwards instead, claws burrowed into the soft soil below.

And then, before Sigur could really understand what was happening, she'd burrowed her way out of sight, leaving her trainer just staring in disbelief, grin gone and mouth agape.

"... W-wha-?!" Sigur snapped, taking a step backwards when some of the Pikachu who'd turned to look at the newcomer turned back to him and the girl again. "Bál, you asshole, what the hell're you're doing? Running away? We aren't planting a goddamn garden, you were supposed t-"

Before Sigur could embarrass himself with his lack of Pokémon knowledge any further, Bál suddenly emerged from the ground right underneath a few of the electric Pokémon, the force of the ground breaking apart underneath them sending them flying every which way before they met a very rough landing and fainted on the spot. Grinning, Bál turned to glance at the two humans and the small grass Pokémon behind her, head cocked proudly as if to challenge it to do what she'd just done.

Sigur blinked.

"... Oh. That... that works too, I guess..." The blonde mumbled, embarrassed. He felt his cheeks fluster slightly, but quickly shook it away before he turned to the girl. "Uh... hey, so.. yeah!" He tried in an attempt to win back some kind of authority here. "Your turtle can fight, yeah? Then lend me a damn hand here!"

With that, he turned his back again, hoping to Arceus she hadn't seen him all flustered and shit. Embarrassing himself in front of some girl scout wasn't exactly an ideal start to an afternoon. But goddamnit, how was he supposed to know what attacks the Gabite knew? "Bál, use the... the thing you did just now! And make it fast!"

-------------

Pokémon on Hand

444f.gif

Bál,
Ability: Sand Veil
Moveset:
- Dragon Claw
- Body Slam
- Dig
- Sandstorm
- Hone Claws

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Vernita Glade Adventures
387.gif
133.gif
Electrical Numbers
~Viridian Forest~

By the time Vernita recovered herself, more Pikachu appeared and had surrounded them completely. They look pretty irritated, probably by the fact that they had foes to deal with. But they growled and static passed by their cheeks, ready to shock whoever.

"Hey, pipsqueak!" The boy from before called out to Vernita.

Pipsqueak is a new word that she heard of that referred to her. She's been called nanny, great babysitter, sulken, childish, midget, tiny, but pipsqueak was a first. Interesting. She saw the boy coming near her, probably from protection since he seems to have no pokemon.

"I hope you've trained that thing to fight dirty, 'cause our asses are done for if not."

At this point, Vernita should have blasted off at this rude boy, but she withheld it. Vernita was just mainly mad that people didn't think much of her and her unevolved partner. She's trained hard, day and night, with her Buddy evet since she was fourteen. It took a while because Vernita at first sucked at battling, but overtime knew how to master it. Maybe if she had something like her Gastrodon or Gabite, people wouldn't think of her lowly. Just wait until this boy meets Eevee. Speaking of Eevee, she wonders where her new pokemon chased that Pikachu...

"Hey, at least I have a pokemon," Vernita said sharply, but her response was drowned out with the harsh cries of the Pikachu.

"There you are!" The boy yelled out loud, making the Pikachu closest to them growl. "Where the hell've you been?! Get your ass here and bail me - uh, us outta here, stat!"

Vernita turned her head around until she saw a lone Gabite. She assumed based on the frequent cursing of this boy, the Gabite was not exactly obedient to him. As the pokemon approached them, she saw the lack of respect it had and something else in its eyes. But what is it? But a ground type is the best choice here for sure, mainly because they can demolish electric types. If only she had her other pokemon... Vernita then saw the Gabite grin, and she saw the malice in the eyes, but Vernita knew this pokemon was going to help them, just in its own way. It charged towards the Pikachu and as it lifted up its claws, it started to dig. Vernita saw the distinct fin on the back of this land shark, indicating that this is a female. So then she disappeared as she dug in the ground.

"... W-wha-?!"

At this point, the Pikachu growled in unison as they turned around, obviously not impressed with the boy's attitude more than Vernita. But based by this, she could tell that the boy didn't trust the Gabite much. Who knows why she ran away from her trainer in the first place?

"Bál, you *******, what the hell're you're doing? Running away? We aren't planting a goddamn garden, you were supposed t-"

Vernita was about to tell the boy to calm down when his Gabite poped out from the ground, sending a group of Pikachu above the earth flying up and falling down. Based on their looks, battling would not happen anytime soon. Turtwig beside her also gaped at the sight of this just like the boy. Maybe he needs to know more of his pokemon.

"Don't worry Turtwig," Vernita whispered to her pokemon. "Someday you'll be to do that too."

After this, the Gabite posed itself in front of Vernita and the boy and cocked her head at Turtwig. The turtle growled in response, sensing the mockery and the challange behind it. If this Gabite could, Vernita thought, she'd be the one training the boy.

"...Oh. That works too, I guess," the boy said, sounding both embarrassed and awed.

Vernita couldn't help but roll her eyes. Any pokemon with the thirst to fight is bound to know what they do in battle. At least she knew they did. Then the boy turned towards Vernita.

"Uh... hey, so.. yeah!" The boy was obviously trying to recover some sense of power. "Your turtle can fight, yeah? Then lend me a damn hand here!"

Turtwig growled even more at that remark, but Vernita dismissed this. She was starting to feel sorry for him, but they could settle this later. Just then, more Pikachu cries could be heard in the forest, and soon some more jumped off the trees above them. The boy then frantically ordered his Gabite to do Dig again, and Vernita focused on Turtwig.

"Alright Turtwig! Ambush them with Seed Bomb!"

Her Turtwig hurled huge seeds at some of the Pikachu flying down, and some where knocked out instantly. Pikachu from the bushes tried to get Turtwig, but a cry of a fox was heard as a flash of brown popped out from the ground. Eevee trotted proudly and didn't give a second thought to the strangers as she sank her teeth into a nearby Pikachu. As they kept attacking, Vernita noticed a new Pikachu in the pack, and this one had a red bandana on its left ear. It had a deep scar on it's cheek, and it was a black slash above the right pouch cheek. She was so busy observing it that she didn't notice that some of the Pikachu were trying to hide behind her.

Before Vernita could do anything, her Turtwig rushed in to throw some Razor Leafs at the bunch, and they were sent flying to Eevee, one by one. Eevee's tail started to glow and the fox hit each Pikachu with one, and sending them flying to the trees. But then the odd Pikachu rushed in and slammed the Eevee. But then she bit it, but her fur began to cover in static and she was twitching. Turtwig came in to help Eevee as he began to glow, and used Superpower at the Pikachu, sending it flying to the other Pikachu lurking by. Vernita then realized her Eevee was paralyzed, and then she remembered the berries she picked up earlier, and then she drew out a Cheri Berry. She then left her position and ran to her pokemon, and sat down next to her. The Eevee moaned.

"It's going to be okay," she said to her Eevee. "Here."

She put the berry in Vee's mouth and she slowly chewed it, and the static around her slowly started to fade also. She was about to say something else, but a cry from Turtwig made her head snapped up and try to see what was wrong. Three Pikachu were surrounding her pokemon, and they all slammed on him. Vernita knew what she was about to do next was stupid, but she hurled herself and pushed Turtwig out of the way just as the Pikachu were charging their static. Then they shock Vernita as she gritted her teeth, trying to withstand the pain.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Begin Again – Hugō Colthearts

Act One - Chi 地

At some point in the vast region of Kanto, one can see the wide Viridan Forest, which was full of trees, small pokémon, and Beedrill. A whole lot of Beedrill. Speaking of Beedrill, one even made its new home near the start foot of the entire forest, probably to impress that nearby female light-green Beedrill that had her nest nearby his. Of course, to Beedrill, it's endless supply of stingers were not enough to impress a lady. No, it had to actually use their own stingers to catch prey for themselves, and for their nest. Unfortunately for the handsome young male Beedrill, it hadn't had his share of luck catch such food, especially in front of his crush yet. Soon though, it found a delectable young Caterpie squirming its way, probably home or to find leaves to eat. Of course, it's slow and small stature of the Beedrill's new prey made it all too easy for it to capture.

"Dree!" (Come to papa!) it cried, preparing his poisonous stingers.

Naturally he found that his luck changed when he used his powerful Twineedle attack to make quick work of the Caterpie. He then went to claim his prized meal, only for him to be blindsided by a quick Noctowl, who picked up the baby Caterpie, shouting 'LOSER!' before the baffled Beedrill had a chance to react. What made things worse, was that his crush was watching nearby by. She gave off a traditional female Beedrill 'hmph!' towards the male before buzzing off.

Of course, the clumsy antics of the pokémon from the Viridian Forest wasn't all that was of interest to the young and upcoming trainers from Kanto, in fact, just beyond the forest was a city where it was claimed to be a trainer's true first test in becoming a pokemon master, or just the first step in their adventure in general.

Pewter City.

The city wasn't the largest city in Kanto, but, it does have its features, such as the moderately shaped buildings just made travelling through Pewter a breeze, alongside the the famous Pewter museum, where fossils or any other ancient artifacts where found. However, the building was in under investigation as of late, as multiple reports of kids wetting themselves as soon as they saw the awfully terrifying live Kabutops full bodied skeleton on display. That, and there was a man who kept on threatening kids to yank Pikachus from them to give to his daughter.

Not too far from the forest, in Pewter, there's a red roofed building that always read: the Pokémon Center. Beat up your pokemon, and we'll heal them up here! Trainers of multiple age alike always came to, and from this building, since it was always seemed quite cozy for them and their pokémon, especially a young, teenaged young man who entered a short while ago to heal up his pokémon. At least, he's supposed to be male. Other had mistook him as a girl before, but, he never really mind it, as much as he would if a conversation became.. awkward.

"Hugo?" a female voice, the nurse of the center, called. She had her traditional nurse's clothing, and that winning smile. Her Chansey was standing right by her side, as always. The young man, Hugo, went up to her to hear the news. "I'm pleased to let you know that your pokemon is indeed healthy and fighting fit!"

"Oh wow.. thank you so much!" Hugo thanked with a bow. "I hope they've been good; I think Espeon gets a little irritable when she's hungry. And Growlithe? Well..."

"Not to worry!" the nurse said with an even wider smile. "Your Espeon apparently loved being petted, and Growlithe was playing with Chansey for a while after the examinations were over. Ah! Here they are now!" Not too shortly after, another Chansey brought along a stretcher that had Hugo's Espeon and Growlithe sitting on top. The other Chansey waved 'hello'! to them as they were coming by.

"Espi..." (What are YOU looking at...) Espeon silently hissed, as an indication that Espeon did not really enjoy the Chansey's company. Perhaps they were a little too friendly. Soon they've hopped off the stretcher and shelves, towards the floor near Hugo. They've then walked off, as the nurse gave them her signature 'please come again!' wave.

"How about some lunch, Espeon and Growlithe?" asked Hugo, followed up with his stomach rumbling softly.

"Esp!" (Now you're talking!) pointed out the small psychic pokémon. Espeon was Hugo's partnered and first pokemon for a while now, ever since leaving his hometwon upon the Johto region. She was firm, but slightly blunt.

"Growww!" (Smoked beef for me!) howled the young puppy fire pokémon. Hugo found a wild Growlithe out on a chilly rainy night on his way through Kanto. Ever since he took care of him, Growlithe has been travelling alongside Hugo. He was a bit more spontaneous and ditzy than Espeon, and yet, while he didn't have any Psychic abilities, he knew how to burn stuff. And burn them good.

Lunch was warm and steamy. After everyone had their fill, Hugo thought it was almost time to get going. That was until, he heard a faint voice, which became two, which became even louder.

"...And that's why you've lost to him the last time!" argued the first voice, which belonged to a young teenaged woman. "All you've had coming in was a Nidoran without double kick, a Spoink, and gods help me – a Weedle."

"Hey! I had the perfect plan!" said the second voice, a young equally-aged seeming boy. "It was just.. he beat me before I could use it!"

"But this time, why didn't you catch a water pokémon?"

"I have a Magikarp!"

"Wow, a Magikarp. Yeah, you'll have the next battle in the bag," the adolescent girl said in blatant sarcasm, followed up with an eye roll. "But just for the hell of it, how about you catch a grass or water pokémon that can, you know, do something? Just because for the sheer thrill of being the Gym battle! How about you don't embarrass yourself this time!"

The boy grumbled, as the two were interrupted. "Ummm..." said Hugo, as he approached the two. The two looked on towards him as Espeon and Growlithe followed behind. "I'm sorry, did you say, a 'Gym Battle'?"

"Well, yeah," the young lass replied. "Don't you know about the Gym in this town, and the Pewter Gym Leader, Brock the Rock type specialist?"

"Actually, it's my first time coming to Kanto..." Hugo explained as he scratched his cheek in embarrassment. "I was from Johto, and even so, I haven't really challenged a Gym before."

"I see," the lass acknowledged. "Well, Brock's the rock type Gym Leader in this city. If you beat him, you can get the Pewter City's Gym Badge!" she then turned to her male companion. "Buuuut then there's this idiot, who got demolished by him."

"Grow!" (I guess he sure... ROCKED him!) added Growlithe, only to have a silent, icy stare from Espeon as a reply.

"I can just challenge him?" Hugo asked.

"Yes, but only if the Gym is open," explained the lass, followed up with a sigh. "But.. the Gym is kinda closed right now."

"How come?"

"Well, you see..."

An hour ago or so, the young male trainer was about to have his rematch with Brock, with his friend by his side. Of course, Brock the gym leader was right nearby, getting to go too, all they had to do was wait for his aide to get the doors open. His aide shouted, 'the doors are opening now!' but that was about 15 seconds ago.

"Umm, Winston? Why aren't you opening the doors?" Brock asked after that lengthy pause.

"I, um, actually seemed to have misplaced the Gym keys..."

"WHAT!?!"

Hugo quietly laughed to himself after hearing the tale. But, he supposed it couldn't be helped. The only question was, what now? Rock pokémon... If I remember right, they're weak against Water, Grass, Steel, or Fighting pokémon. But Growlithe and Espeon are neither of those types... he thought. Maybe its time for a quick look back at the Viridian Forest?

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
nnMT1qog.png

Tricia Lee — (Not) Lost in a Forest

391MS.png
029MS.png

"Momo, use Flame Wheel!"

A wheel of fire charged through a swarm of bee Pokemon with two large stingers on each hands; those are Beedrills. These Bug-type pokemon are obviously weak to Fire-type attack, much to their advantage. Her trusty partner, Momo, really knew how to do it. Being faced with a wheel of blazing fire, the Beedrills who tried to attack them earlier panicked, and immediately flew away from their direction—to another depths of Viridian Forest. Momo the Monferno, proudly puffed up his chest after he landed on the ground, successfully fended off those Beedrills. "That was amazing, Momo. Thank you... You can have this."

The redheaded young girl patted the young monkey Pokemon's head, giving him his favorite Cheri Berry as a reward. Momo happily took it and immediately savored the sweetish spicy taste of the Cheri Berry that his trainer awarded. They were now standing in the middle of the forest, with Tricia trying to locate their current whereabouts. Viridian Forest was one huge place with its natural maze made of trees and bushes; not to mention the Pokemon that live here were often aggressive. Thankfully, the presence of Momo, a Fire-type Pokemon, was one big help since the majority of Pokemon they encountered earlier were mostly Bug-types.

Well, they are on their way to Pewter City, as her objective for going through the forest was actually to beat the Pewter Gym.

As they walked through the forest, the path was split into two. She could pick either going left or going right, but where would it take them? She didn't know for sure. "Hey, Momo... where do you think should we be going?" The monkey Pokemon was still busy with his berry, but he noticed his master was asking for his opinion, so he tilted his head left and right—seemingly thinking where to go next. "Kiii!" His finger pointed out to the right path. "Um, are you sure?" The redheaded girl asked. "It might takes us to somewhere we don't—"

BZZT! BOOM!

Loud noises can be heard from the left path of the crossroad. "W-what was—?" Tricia immediately took a notice and looked at the left path. Her feet were seemingly ready to dash to the noise's source. "Let's take a look." Nimbly, the young girl ran to the path where it would lead her to the noise. Momo quickly caught up with his trainer after finishing his berry. She dashed through the array of trees and bushes, until the path leads her to a scene where three Pikachus were seemingly attacking two trainers and their respective Pokemon partners. Though she didn't even know both of them, it's necessary to help—one of them was even shocked by a Pikachu!

"Momo, use Mach Punch!"

"Kiii!" Momo let out a loud battlecry before using one of his fists to threw a quick punch to one of the wild Pikachu which was attacking the trainers. It was quickly knocked out with a punch, leaving two Pikachu left to fight.

"A-are you okay?" The redhead tried to check on the girl who was shocked by Pikachu's attack earlier. For her, it is necessary to help people in trouble—though it's not even someone she knows or even someone she had just met accidentally, like what she did right now.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Pewter City: Delta's dreams

Delta grinned as he walked through the streets of Pewter city."Would you look at that mountain!" He muttered to Riley, who had lived with him in the shadow of Reversal mountain for what must have been close to four years.

The emanation pokemon made no reply, being too busy chasing Delta's other pokemon, a baby yellow charmander, around as the lizard giggled happily.
Delta picked up the two little pokemon and held them out to look sheepishly back at each other. "You guys are a riot." Delta laughed before sitting on a bench and having Char curl into a ball on his lap while Riley tucked his head under the boy's arm and began to snore quietly.

Delta was from the Unova region, where he had journeyed four years prior to aide professor Juniper with her research on pokemon distribution.
He had come to Kanto when he heard of rumors that mysterious stones were being discovered across the region. Delta had only seen Mega Evolution once, but he knew that it was a power he was destined to wield, and with it he would become pokemon league champion.

Delta chuckled as he envisioned himself with a mighty Charizard and a noble Lucario sitting upon a throne of solid gold...

Something caught Delta's attention and broke his concentration. A poster had blown off of a wall and smacked him in the face. "Pokemon league, Pewter city gymleader Brock... accepting challengers?" Delta read eying the boulderbadge on the poster.

"Riley! Char! We've got a gym leader to beat!"

Last edited:
Years
8RsK8Hk.png
Tasman Bailey
418.png
016.png

Tasman sat surrounded by vividly coloured wild flowers, leaning against a small fence scribbling verses into a thick notebook. His buizel, Gati, and pidgey, Majesta, were in front of him where they chased each other through the mass of colourful flora. Tasman, had chosen the location because the flowers were a pleasant change from the static greys of most of Pewter City's buildings.

The warmth of the sun and his pokemon frolicking amongst the flowers swaying in the light breeze had inspired him to whip out his notebook and start scribbling poetry. The young trainer was there in the city for the sake of battling Brock for the Boulder Badge, but he was in no rush and intended to enjoy his journey to the best of his ability. Yawning, Tasman scribbled down a few more verses before closing the book and returning it to the dark brown back pack he was carrying.
"It'd be easy to fall asleep here… it's so nice."
"Bui!" Gati had sidled up next to his trainer, and had seemingly vocalised an agreement. Tasman patted his long-term friend on his head, before scanning the sky. Majesta was swirling about in the sky amongst a small flock of leydba that seemed to have originated from the nearby Viridian Forest.

Majesta was surprisingly elegant in flight considering the rather stout frame of pidgey, and she was certainly a feisty one, but Tasman wondered how she'd fair against the rock-type pokemon of the Pewter Gym. Tasman grinned, he'd find out sooner or later but remembering his battle to capture the flying type he wasn't too worried about her. She'd been with he and Gati for a little over a week now but that battle wasn't leaving his mind any time soon.

Nine Days Previously – Outskirts of Viridian City

"Drop under it!" Tasman yelled as the small brown bird hurtled towards Gati at breakneck speed. The buizel barely managed to drop to the ground in time, narrowly avoiding the angry pidgey's Quick Attack "Now, Aqua Jet!" Gati flew towards the back of the small flying-type, cloaked and propelled by shimmering, high-pressure water. The impact sent the pidgey careening towards a thick oak tree, however it somehow managed to right itself in mid-air and launch back towards Gati once more.

The battle had begun due to a dispute arising between Gati and the pidgey over a berry both intended to eat and had now been going on for at least half an hour. Neither the wild pokemon nor Gati intended to stop until the other was defeated and Tasman was pretty confident that even if he decided to stop calling attacks they'd still be going at it.

Both contenders were exhausted, each breathing heavily and each battered and bruised. There was no way they could continue for much longer, the wild pokemon seemed to agree – it was time to bring out the big guns. It flapped upwards, gaining altitude, before angling towards Gari and suddenly pressing its wings to its sides. The pidgey flew towards Tasman's buizel, a burning red energy forming around it. As it got closer it opened its wings, the blazing red aura bursting outwards into a radiant blue shaped vaguely like an enormous bird.
Brave Bird?!?! Tasman realised with a mix of surprise and awe, it was rare for a pidgey to possess the powerful flying move.

As the wild pokemon careened towards his companion, Tasman saw his opportunity
"Run towards me!" he yelled and thanks to their close bond Gati obeyed instantaneously, not bothering to work out why such a strange command would be given. The pidgey was closing in as Gati ran quickly, the bird gaining ground quickly. Until it crashed through a series of low-hanging branches getting stuck between the last two… the others now resembling woodchips. The bird struggled but it lacked power without momentum.
"Very majestic" Tasman chuckled, impulsively reaching for an empty pokeball.

Pewter City – Present Day

Chuckling to himself over the memory, Tasman soon drifted into a sleep. Not long afterwards Gati curled up beside him and Majesta nested on his chest. He'd challenge the Pewter Gym soon enough, but Tasman wasn't worried about either of his companions in the slightest after remembering their first encounter.​

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Pewter City[Pewter City Gym]

Damien vs Gym Leader Brock
008.png
056.png
Gym Leader Brock
"The Trouble With Onix!"

Damien nearly dozed off, sitting in a rather crude position, with his legs opened slightly more than they should have been. "So…are you the next challenger?" Damien snapped back to reality, standing upright on the couch. He looked in front, where the voice came from, and saw two people standing in front of him. One had dark hair, while the other one was a girl, about the same age as him.

"Brock, he just looks like another goof. Just dismiss him." The girl turned to the man standing next to her. Damien quickly stood up on his legs and looked at Brock and gave him a serious look.

"Wait, I'm not a goof! Please, I came all this way, I can't leave until I get a badge." Damien spoke with a hint of sympathy in his voice. He really did want to challenge Brock. He wanted to prove to himself that he wasn't just good for causing trouble, and could actually do things if he put his mind to it.

"Well, he's right. A challenger is a challenger. How many badges do you have?" Brock asked. Damien looked confused for a second, but quickly realized what Brock was asking.

"Umm…none." Damien said, frowning slightly. He wasn't aware that he needed other badges before challenging Brock, and if he had known, he certainly would not have made Pewter City his first stop.

"That's fine. I'll use two Pokémon against you then. Follow me." Brock just smiled, gesturing Damien to follow him. Nodding in return, he hastily walked up behind Brock, passing the girl, and entering through massive metal doors that led to an indoor battle arena. Damien looked around in awe, noticing the rugged battlefield, littered with boulders of sorts, and large seating areas on both sides for people to view. Although right now, Damien was glad it was empty, due to the anxiety of facing off for his first battle. "Alright, here are the rules. I use two Pokémon, and you use however many you currently have. Switching Pokémon is allowed, and once you knock out both of my Pokémon, you win. Sound good?" Brock spoke loudly, standing on the other side of the field. Damien nodded, holding out his Pokéball for his first Pokémon. This guy uses Rock-types…hopefully my Pokémon don't fail me here. I need to win! "Go, Geodude!" Brock threw the first Pokéball, shooting out a stream of white light, revealing a small boulder-like Pokémon.

"Okay, my turn…" Damien stuck out his tongue in concentration, throwing his Pokéball, sending out his Mankey known as Lin. His Pokémon took a few air jabs, getting itself ready for the battle. It knew it was in for a battle, but the stakes were a bit more high in this one. "Okay, I'll start! Lin, Fury Swipes!" Lin let out a short screech, running up to Brock's Geodude, giving it a few swipes of its paws, before stepping back once realizing it wasn't doing much damage.

"That's not going to work. Geodude, Tackle!" Brock commanded, as Geodude moved forwards, accelerating into Mankey, knocking it backwards onto his back. Dang it! I totally forgot Rock is resistant to Normal type moves! Then I'll have to go for something else!

"Lin, Karate Chop!" Damien shouted, as Mankey quickly stood back on his feet and jumped at Geodude, raising its paw and getting ready to smack it against the Rock Pokémon.

"Quick, Defense Curl!" Brock retaliated, much to Damien's surprise. Geodude curled up into a small ball, completely knocking Mankey onto its behind once again, as its Karate Chop attack bounced off. "You're going to have to do better than that. It's not as simple as knowing type advantages. It's also knowing when to attack, and how." Brock smiled at Damien. This guy…who does he think he is, lecturing me like that?

"Lin, keep using Karate Chop! Don't stop!" Lin jumped in front of Geodude and let loose a flurry of Karate Chops, to which Geodude was either dodging miraculously, or blocking with Defense Curl. "Ughhh! Why isn't it working?!" Damien shouted. Geodude then knocked Mankey back once more with another Tackle, clearly weakening it.

"I already told you. You're not listening. You just keep blindly attacking without anticipating my move. Geodude can keep blocking your Mankey's attack, because it's obvious what you are doing." Brock looked at Damien with a serious look, almost as if he sort of wanted him to win by giving him advice. Okay, he wants anticipation?

"Lin, use Low Kick!" Lin suddenly changed his course of attacks, and launched a kick towards Geodude, which knocked it to the side a bit, slightly causing it to lower its guard. "Now, Karate Chop!" Lin quickly jumped in front Geodude and let loose a swing of its paw, knocking Geodude backwards to the ground. Damien looked at Brock, who had a look of shock on his face, however quickly went serious when he realized his Pokémon was in trouble now. Ha! I got him now!

"Geodude, Tackle!" The Gym Leader shouted calmly, his Pokémon listening and proceeding with the Tackle Attack.

"Lin, dodge and use Karate Chop!" Damien shouted back as his retaliation move. His Mankey jumped out of the way from Geodude's attack, and jumped back behind him, smacking his paw from his opponent's blind spot. Damien watched as Geodude fell forwards into a rock and remained still. "Ha! Yeah, we beat Geodude!" Damien exclaimed, visibly happy with his win.

"Geodude, return." Brock took out his Pokéball to retreat Geodude in a stream of red light, and then looked at Damien, whilst taking out another Pokéball. "That wasn't bad. You listened to what I told you, and you managed to turn the tides of that match in your favor." He smiled. "But it's going to be different now." Damien gave Brock a confused look. Different? How? He was a bit confused as to what he meant, but focused his attention back to the battle. "Go, Onix!" The Gym Leader threw his Pokéball into the air, shooting out a white light that revealed his final Pokémon. Damien looked in awe, as a giant serpent-like Pokémon stood there, dwarfing his Mankey. Letting out a roar, his Onix certainly looked ready for a fight. "Alright then. Let's get to it. Onix, use Sandstorm!" In a flash, the giant Pokémon started to rotate it's tail, and the dirt and sand around the field started to swirl into a vicious sandstorm.

"I can't see…" Damien muttered, covering and squinting his eyes a bit. The storm roared and howled, and although the sand wasn't affecting him too much aside from hitting his face, the field where the Pokémon were battling was certainly a mess. "Lin, use Karate Chop!" He shouted, hoping the Mankey could hear him among the sandstorm. He could barely see his own Pokémon, however Onix was still a bit more visible due to its sheer size. In that instant, Onix stopped the rotation of its tail, and the sandstorm subsided, as well as the howl of the storm. As the field cleared up, he saw Lin in a bit of a daze, clearly damaged by the attack. "Lin, what are you doing?! I said use Karate Chop!" Damien shouted at his Pokémon aggressively, however it didn't listen. The Sandstorm seem to had left it in a state of shock and confusion, and Damien shook his head out of frustration.

"Onix, Slam!" Brock commanded, with Onix abiding and using its tail to knock Lin backwards many feet away, rolling past Damien and pummeling into a wall. Damien looked in horror as Lin sat there, with a rather empty look in its eyes, unmoving. Dang it… Taking out his Pokéball, he returned Lin, and took out his last Pokéball, which contained Snapper, his Wartortle. I'm betting everything on you...

"Go, Snapper!" Damien shouted, throwing the ball, releasing his Pokémon in a flash of light. Snapper stood on its hind legs, letting out a growl towards Onix, who just rumbled, echoing through out the gym. It was obvious in terms of size and power, Snapper would not be able to do anything. "Alright, quick use Water Gun!" Damien shouted at his Pokémon, who quickly launched a strong stream of pressurized water towards the massive Pokémon.

"Onix, use Sandstorm!" Onix started to rotate its tail once again, whipping up a howling storm of sand and dirt, using it as a shield from the Water Gun. No! Not again! Damien covered his eyes slightly from the sand, unable to see his Water-type Pokémon. Onix let out a roar, and Damien could hear thumping sounds happening from inside the whirling sand. What's happening?! I can't even see! The storm suddenly subsided, and Damien could see Onix's tail, holding Wartortle with its Constrict attack, rendering it from moving. He could see Wartortle squirming, trying to get out, letting out growls of pain and discomfort. "If you don't do something, Onix will break your Pokémon's shell." Brock looked at Damien, with a rather neutral expression. Of course he knew that would happen, he didn't need some Gym Leader telling him the obvious.

"Okay, Snapper, use Water Gun!" Snapper tried to launch its jet of water, but the Onix's hold on it really seemed to impact its ability to use its water. C'mon...that's not even fair, Onix is way too strong... Damien stood there, thinking what to do, while Onix's grip was tightening with each second. He must have other attacks...Brock is anticipating I'm going to use a Water attack, so he blocked that option for me... "Oh wait! Snapper, use Dragon Pulse!" Damien quickly remembered one of Snapper's unusual attacks, one that didn't require water. Snapper, opened its mouth, but struggled to do anything, still held tightly by Onix. C'mon, you can do it... Suddenly, a purple aura formed around Snapper's mouth, and out launched a lightning-like beam towards Onix's face, in a blast of smoke and purple, aura-like wisps that remained near the place of impact on Onix's face. "Yes!" In a frenzy of earth-rumbling roars, Onix swayed its head back and forth in pain, dropping Snapper from its grip. "Ha! I got you now! Quick, Water Gun!" Snapper stood on all fours as Onix dropped him to the ground, and then puffed up his mouth and launched a jet of water directly at Onix's face once again.

"No, Onix!" Brock shouted in worry. The blast of water knocked Onix's head slightly backwards, soaking it, and causing it to lower it's head from the exhaustion two direct attacks. Damien looked at Snapper, who was also exhausted, and visibly hurt. Onix rumbled, whimpering slightly from the earlier water attack, however awaited his trainers command. "Don't think you've won yet. Onix, Sandstorm, and then use Constrict!" With a mighty rumbling roar, Onix did its thing and whipped up another howling storm of sand, probably doing the same combo as last time and get Snapper in its grip and finish him off. Covering his eyes, Damien started to shout as loud as he could.

"Snapper, use Withdraw! Use Withdraw!" He shouted, not once but twice to make sure his Pokémon would hear him. He stood there, staring into the sand unable to see the two Pokémon like usual, but after a little while, the storm subsided. Did Snapper get caught? Damien stared into the field as the sand began to stop swirling, and much to his surprise, he saw Onix, using its tail to grab Snapper, who in fact was spinning around in its shell to avoid being caught by Onix. "Yeah, Snapper, get a good distance away!" Snapper retracted back out of his shell, and jumped out of Onix's reach just as it was about to slam its tail into him. "Snapper, one more Water Gun!" Snapped jumped onto a small rock, and puffed up his mouth, and let lose a pressurized jet of water towards Onix.

"Not if I get you first! Onix, use Slam!" Brock shouted, getting worked up.Damien clenched his fist out of anxiety, as he saw Onix quickly trying to raise its tail, in one final effort to knock out Snapper. It was now a sudden death of which attack would hit first.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Part 1: The Journey Begins.

Lilliana
wendy-02.png
Spoiler:

Lilliana smiled happily brushing a strand of her dark blue hair out of her eyes so she could see. The young twelve year old looked around in awe at the buildings surrounding her. Wow this is so different than Lillycove she thought jumping up and down in place. "Mar, Marill" a small voice chirped in an annoyed tone.

"Oops Sorry Aria, I forgot I was holding you" Lilliana giggled and placed the small Marill on the ground. "But isn't it exciting Aria we're really in the Kanto region!" Her voice rose in volume as she jumped around excitedly. "What should we do first should we go to the gym, or go shopping, or sleep, or..."

"Marill! Mar" Aria's cries cut Lilliana's babble off and the girl rubbed the back of her head sheepishly looking at the scolding Pokemon.

"I'm sorry Aria, you know how excited I get sometimes" she smiled softly at her Pokemon. "I know what we should do first. Let's find a Pokemon center so we can heal our new friend. He's a little weak still from the battle we had on the way here" Lilliana leaned down and picked Aria up gently. "Let's go and while we wait I can call Alex and tell him about the trip here"​

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Mauve Banzett
Spoiler:

The Rock Gym

Before Mauve knew it, he spent so much time talking to Ruby, that he forgot he was at the Pewter Gym. Mauve was too caught up in chatting with the beauty that seemed to enjoy his company, not even realizing he was blushing while chatting with her. Looking over, he saw the eldery woman from before sitting at her desk, giving him a nod that Brock was ready. Jolting out of his seat, he quickly said, "U-Umm, well I have to go do that battle thing now! It was a lov- I mean a pleasure to meet you! We should chat again soon, bye!"

Mauve and Raze raced off to the Gym, the doors closed loudly behind them. The old woman chuckled quite a bit, and went back to what she was doing.

"So, you must be my next challenger. Today's a pretty busy day for me," Brock said with a chuckle, as he greeted Mauve to the rocky battlefield. "I'm Brock, I welcome you to the Pewter Gym. Oh, and... I saw you were having a chat with a lovely girl. I was gonna have my aide escort you in, but you seemed so occupied." He said this with a grin on his face. Before Mauve could hastily reply, Brock stopped him. "I know. Women are very important in a man's life. But, that's not why you're here," he slowly said, raising his face and making eye contact with Mauve. "Now, tell me. How many badges do you have, Mauve?" Mauve sighed, finally given a chance to talk. "I have no badges at this time. This will be my first bout for a badge." Brock nodded firmly, and said, "Then this will be a two-on-two match. When one of us has no Pokemon to continue, the match is over. Only you may make substitutions."

Mauve steeled himself. He was actually in his first Gym battle, and in all honesty, he felt a bit of nervousness. "Now, Geodude, I choose you!" Brock chucked a Pokeball out to the field, releasing a pretty strong looking Geodude. It growled, looking ready for a fight. Mauve however, took in a deep breath. He was ready for this moment as well. Despite his slight anxiety, Mauve grew a grin that only a Gengar could love. Raze rattled with impatience, ready to fight as well. Quickly unclipping a Pokeball, he chucked it, calling out, "Huff 'n Puff! It's showtime!" A smog was released from the light, and out came a smiling Koffing. He gave out a very hearty, "Koffiiiiinnng!" Brock quirked an eyebrow. "I don't see many Koffing come into my gym. In fact, I was assuming that Weepinbell on your chest was your first choice. Very interesting... let's get started! Match begin!"

"Huff 'n Puff, use Tackle!" "Geodude, use your Tackle attack too!" Both Koffing and Geodude collided into each other, making a resonating "thump," that the two trainers felt. "Geodude, use Rock Throw!" "Geo-Duuude!" A large rumble came, and as Geodude smacked the ground, rocks flew into the air, and began to fall towards Huff 'n Puff. "Huff 'n Puff, dodge it!" Mauve clenched his teeth, as Huff 'n Puff evaded some of the falling rocks. However, he was hit hard with the final set of rocks. The Koffing still got back up, and fumed with gas. "Alrighty then! Let's use Smog attack!" Huff 'n Puff exhumed his Smog, not only hurting Geodude but cloaking itself. "You'll have to do better than that! Use Rock Throw again!" Geodude once again flung a barrage of rocks down near the smog. Before the rocks made contact, Mauve called out, "Now, Huff 'n Puff, come on out and give us a Sludge attack!" With a puff, Koffing popped out of the Smog, and shot a stream of sludge at the Rock Pokemon. Brock shouted, "Cover your eyes!" Geodude was able to block its eyes from being hit with the sludge attack. It still did damage, but Mauve was hoping to blind it with Huff 'n Puffs Sludge.

With a grin, Brock shouted, "I think it's time to end this! Geodude, use Smack Down!" Mauve gasped, as Geodude was able to smack the Koffing down with its hand. Huff 'n Puff hit the floor, and couldn't get up. "I see... Smack Down is the secret weapon to any Pokemon with Levitate. Clever, I must say..." Mauve muttered this to himself as he could sense the inevitable. Brock then commanded Geodude with, "Now, finish this with Magnitude!" Geodude gave a rough shout, as he slammed the ground with its fists, making the gym quake. Koffing was hit by rock and debris, fainting from the powerful and super-effective hit. "That's it. Koffing cannot continue. I gotta say, your Koffing is well trained," Brock said with an eager compliment. Mauve ran out and scooped up the Poison Gas Pokemon. He smiled, saying, "You did well for your first battle. Good job, Huff 'n Puff. Now, take a good rest." The Koffing nodded happily, as he was ported back to his Pokeball. He stepped back, and faced Brock and his Geodude.

Raze was ready to go. He shook, and rattled fiercely. "Raze, go. Let's make this a show stopper!" Mauve quickly thrust his hand, as Raze flung himself onto the battle field. "Beellll! Weepin-Bell!" Brock gave a grin. "I see you and your Pokemon aim to be one of the best. Then, I'll have to test you. That's my job as a Gym Leader! Geodude, use Rock Throw!" "Geo-Duuuude!" Yet another barrage of rocks was flung in Raze's direction. However, Mauve simply commanded, "Raze, sweep this away with a Vine Whip!" Raze's vine shot out and lashed out at the falling rocks. Some of them were flung back at Geodude with a great force, as they were hit with more force. Before Brock could make another move, Mauve called out, "It's ours now... Cut them down to size with Razor Leaf!" Raze flapped his leaves, sending a flurry of Razor Leaf attacks at the Rock Pokemon. After Raze was done, Geodude fell to the floor. "Well, Geodude can't continue. Good job, buddy. You deserve a nice rest." Brock returned his Geodude, and looked up at Mauve. "You're certainly a capable trainer. But, this is the first gym, and the first step. To take my badge you must defeat my Onix!" He chucked a Pokeball into the air, and out came a large, roaring Onix. Mauve shuttered a bit, but Raze was unflinching.

Brock shouted, "Onix, use Tackle attack!" Onix bellowed, and lunged head first into the Weepinbell. "Raze, use your Vine Whip and hold onto Onix!" With a slam, Onix knocked Raze into the air, but the Flycatcher Pokemon clung to the horn on the Onix, flailing about, not letting go. "Onix, shake it off!" The Rock Snake wriggled and shook violently, but Raze still held on. "Now, shower them with a Razor Leaf attack!" Another flurry of Razor Leaf attacks went flying, right at Onix. It bellowed and roared in pain. Brock commanded Onix again, with, "Onix, slam Weepinbell with your tail!" Onix's tail crashed into Raze, knocking him into a boulder in the battlefield. Both of them were tired, but they both could still fight. However...

"Onix! Bind attack, now!" Raze was caught in Onix's bind, crushing it ever so slowly. Raze was hurting, but Mauve had another trick up his sleeve. "Alrighty then! Raze, give them a sample of your Poison Powder!" With a large huff from Raze, a cloud of poisonous powder had hit Onix in the face, making him drop Raze as it tried to shake off the Poison Powder. However, Onix was poisoned. Brock could only yell in surprise, "What?!" Onix was now the one hurting, but nothing could stop the poison at this point. Raze slowly lifted itself up, and Mauve was ready. With a thrust of his arm, he gave the final command, "Raze, time to whip them with a Vine Whip!" A relentless lashing of Vine Whip attacks sent Onix into defeat.

The Rock Snake fell to the battlefield floor, and fainted. The room fell silent, only heavy breathing coming from Raze.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Pewter Gym - Vs. Onix​

As i was getting ore impatient, a voice talked.

"You are the next challenger. Brock is waiting you." I could not believe. I was about to get my gym match.

I enter in the battle field. I faced Brock. Nothing so special. But he is a gym leader, so i can't let y guard down. He speaks:

"It's okay to you to use 2 Pokemon?" He asked.

"Perfectly fine!" I was confident.

"I like your style, confident and firm. But here what it counts is showing your best!" He said. "Go Geodude!" He threw a pokeball and Geodude came out. I grab a pokeball containing Leaf, my newly caught Nuzleaf.

"Leaf let's finish this match!" The Nuzleaf came out. Brock was waiting for my attack. "Leaf use Razor Leaf!" The Nuzleaf shoot his attack. The move missed Geodude, making the Razor Leaf Attack hit a wall.

"Just that? I will show you a real attack. Geodude use Rock Throw!" Geodude threw the rocks to Leaf and hit him. Leaf was still up, so i was not screwed. But Brock's Geodude is faster than any Geodude.

'What will i do? I need to catch that thing by surprise...' I thought. This was harder than beating my younger brother but easier than Gary Clark.

"Leaf, lets switch our strategy! Run around Geodude!"

"Only that? Show me your best! Geodude go for a Tackle!" Geodude charges onto Leaf and hits him. "Give up kid! You should train more." I heard him.

"Check Mate." I said.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Brock was with a puzzled face.

"About this! Leaf use Faint Attack!" Nuzleaf started to glow black and then charged onto Geodude, knocking him out. "Good Job Leaf!"

"But how did you defeated Geodude only at the first hit?" Brock wanted an explanation.

"Faint Attack is a move that is more powerful when the user is already at the fainting point. I had this planned, i knew that hardly Nuzleaf defeats Geodude, so i took a shot in the dark." I said.

"Well done but let the real battle start! Onix come to fight!" The pokeball was thrown and a giant rock snake was on the battle field. It was an Onix. "Onix use Rock Tomb!"

Onix threw rocks at Nuzleaf, knocking this Pokemon out, leaving this battle to the second Pokemon. I grabbed a pokeball and my ace came out. "Bubbles, it's all or nothing!" Poliwhirl came out.

"That little Pokemon will not save you!" He said.

"That's what you think! Bubbles lets go for an Hypnosis!" Poliwhirl started to hypnotize Onix, making the snake asleep. "Now use Bubblebeam!" Poliwhirl started to shoot bubbles, making hit on Onix.

Onix woke up and was really mad. "You are strong kid but i will show you my strength! Onix Tackle!"

Onix tried to charge onto Poliwhirl, but Poliwhirl evaded.

"Bubbles, we are almost there! Now use Hypnosis again!" But this time Onix is unaffected. "Oh no..."

We both had the Pokemon very tired.

"Bubbles Bubblebeam!"

"Onix go for Rock Throw!"

When both Pokemon used the moves, an explosion happened (I don't know why it happened.). When my visibility came back, Bubbles was still up, while Onix was down.

"Did i won?"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
JARA
221.png
004.png

Pewter City

"There, should be alright now!" Jara said with a content smile, giving the motorbike's machinery a gentle swat as she stood up and sighed.

The elderly man beside her took the bike nervously and examined it. When he found that everything was indeed in order at last, his face cracked up in a wide smile.

"Thank you so much! Now I will be able to take the long route around the forest and still reach home in Viridian City by dinner!"

"Glad I could help," Jara said smugly, spinning her mini monkeywrench skillfully between her fingers before puttin it back into the toolkit. "Now, how much would you say this small favor was worth?"

The man had made a movement to sit up on his bike, but halted now with raised eyebrows. "Worth?"

"You know, payment?"

"But I thought..."

Jara crossed her arms and looked down at her partner who stood beside her. The loyal Piloswine scoffed in agreement.

"You thought what, old man? I'm a traveling trainer! I need food, equipment... I can't just go around help everyone without getting something in return."

The man looked devastated. "You can't help an elder without reservations? In my time, we were kind towards one another!"

"And I did fix your bike, didn't I?"

He started mumbling, still looking utterly sad at the development, and fiddled around in his pockets to grab his wallet. The scene was so pitiful that even Jara couldn't stand for it. She sighed even louder.

"Alright, alright, alright," she said. "This one was a freebie. Enjoy your dinner."

The man immediately shone up brightly again, making Jara wonder if the other state had been a facade after all. He thanked her several times again before he puffed off on the rusty motorbike, which at least ran three times more smoothly than before Jara had stuck her gloves into its workings.

"Some people just can't appreciate honest work."

A wet snout poked her arm, and Piloswine's happiness quickly got her out of her bitter mood. She ruffled the incredibly thick hair on his head and behind his ears until her fingers started to lose their sense of feel.

"So what's next, then?" she asked him. "We spent a night at the pokémon center and the first gym is near. We could go there right now and see if the leader is available for a match. What do you say?"

She tried to sound cheerful, but this facade Piloswine easily saw through. He scoffed, at her this time.

"Yeah," she admitted in resignation. "I don't feel ready either. Let's just... Go and check out the town a bit more first. That's a fair excuse! We came here when it was dark yesterday, after all."

Piloswine agreed, and they packed up the last of Jara's stuff from the sidewalk where she had made a temporary workshop while fixing the man's bike. Walking down the street, Jara quickly found some nice signs suggesting directions for her. Gym, PokéMart, Space Museum...

"Hey, museum sounds pretty cool! Maybe they have meteorites there?" Jara mumbled and thought hard.

There were two more signs, saying Pokémon Center and Park. Fearing that the museum would lie too close to the gym and tempt her to feel obligated to do something she wasn't really ready for, she chose to spend some time in the park instead. It was a very beautiful and calm place, but what grabbed Jara's attention as she reached the center of the park was a person.

A guy was sleeping on a bench, two pokémon cuddled up beside him, making it obvious that he was a trainer of some kind. Jara had only seen homeless people sleep on benches in parks before, but this dude looked too well off to be a bum of that kind. She was about to walk past them, but her second pokémon had other plans.

Just when they were at the closest distance from the bench, the second pokéball at the belt Jara kept around her hips, over her tunic, popped open without warning. Out came the most intensive lizard on this side of the sea, materializing in mid-air... And dove straight for the Buizel on the bench, a playful grin on his Charmander face.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Keia MacBeth
Viridian Forest
"Finish Him!"

077.gif

Harley

One more shake and the ball shattered as the Pokemon broke out. Keia groaned but she wasn't ready to give up. She was more determined than before to catch it. The mushroom shook its fat little body, scattering yellow spores over a radius of several feet. This time Harley hadn't been ready for it; they settled delicately on her creamy fur and filled her nostrils. Immediately her muscles seized up and she stood stiffly in place, looking back to Keia with wide eyes. Harley had never been paralyzed before and she was understandably shocked.

Unable to defend herself, she could only stand still as the mushroom drained her energy little by little. Keia gritted her teeth and shrugged her bag off to tear through the pockets in search of a Paralyze Heal. Now especially she was grateful that her dad had drilled her on taking plenty of medicines with her. She found it and dashed into the fray to spray Harley with the bitter-smelling antidote. It worked in a matter of seconds. Keia ran back to her bag and Harley shook the last of the spores off her body with a snort. Her ears were pinned back and she stomped her hooves against the earth as she waited for orders.

Keia intended to finish this now. She abandoned precaution and plucked another ball from her belt. "Harley, use Flame Wheel!"

The mare engulfed her body in fire and charged the creature. At the last second she stopped and cast the inferno at it. With nowhere for it to run, it was engulfed by the wheel of fire. It let out an ear splitting screech and when the smoke cleared it waddled toward her, disoriented and afraid. Embers clung to its body and it looked as though it had sustained an ugly burn. Again Keia threw a Pokeball. This time when it hit the grass it twitched more than shook.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Route 3
1477123-bigthumbnail.jpg

Note: You can only go beyond Pewter City and Viridian Forest after you have obtained the Boulder Badge!

Route 3 leads east from Pewter City and ends at the entrance to the cave route through Mt. Moon, where a pokémon center sits, conveniently for travelers. It is a craggy, dramatic road where many rocks have fallen from the sky to create craters.

Trainers usually encountered here include kids from Pewter City, hikers and campers.

Wild pokémon:
020.png
021.png
027.png
039.png
056.png
023.png
029.png
030.png
032.png
033.png
163.png
204.png
316.png
343.png
403.png
659.png
672.png
531.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Pewter City [Pewter City Gym]

Damien Welters
008.png
056.png

It was almost as if the battle were happening in slow motion, as the two Pokémon launched their attacks. Onix bellowed ferociously and lifted its tail in an attempt to slam it down upon Snapper, however, the Water-Type Pokémon managed to prevail in this game of speed, when its blast of water made direct contact with Onix's face once again, knocking its head back out of recoil from the attack, once again drenching its head. "Onix!" Brock shouted, watching as Onix slowly lowered its head, with its body collapsing onto the field in a cloud dust that filled the air.

"I won?" Damien's facial expression went from focused, to a look of surprise and then excitement. "Yes! I did it!" He shouted, as Brock retreated Onix back into his Pokéball. Snapper nearly collapsed as well, and Damien took this is a signal to return his Pokémon as well. "Alright, thanks, Snapper." In a flash of red light, the Water Pokémon was back in its Pokéball, resting.

"Good job. I'll admit, you had me on edge. Looks like you did learn a thing or two about battling, right?" Brock smiled, as Damien nodded his head in acknowledgement. "Well, I guess as your proof of victory, here's the Pewter City Badge. The Boulder Badge." Brock put his hand into his pocket, pulling out a small badge and handed it to Damien. "I'm assuming you are going to challenge other gyms as well?" Brock asked. Damien was busy admiring his new badge, but nodded at Brock. "Well then, If I were you, I would head down to Route 3, and go to Cerulean City. The closest Gym Leader is in that city. However, be warned. Every Gym Leader has their own battling style, so what works on Gym Leader, may not work on another." Brock just smiled, as he gave Damien a handshake.

"I'll remember that, thanks Brock." Damien smiled in return, as he walked out of the gym. I'll have to keep that in mind. If I plan on beating all the gyms, I better work harder. It was just a bit of luck that allowed me to win this badge because my of my type advantages. As he exited the gym, he took a look at the sky and took a deep breath. The battle sure worked him up, so he thought he should take a little break, before going to Route 3 like Brock had suggested. "Alright...Pokémon Centre it is." He knew his Pokémon could use a little help from the nurse, so the Pokémon Centre would be his best bet.

~

Pokémon Centre​
Damien sat there, still thinking about his battle with Brock. Even though he defeated him, he still couldn't dismiss it as a pure skillful victory. The fact that it was slightly lucky that he won was a bit unsettling for him. Sure, Lin beat Geodude....but his Onix was something else. It wasn't like his Wartortle was weak, but more like the Onix was incredibly strong. "Ughhh...whatever, I'll think of something by the time the next gym rolls around." He muttered under his breath to himself, and then heard a 'ding' noise near the doors that lead to the medical rooms.

"Damien? Your Pokémon are healed." Damien turned to see the Nurse coming out of the back room doors, approaching the counter with a tray that had Damien's Pokéballs. "Nothing serious, they should be good now." She smiled, as Damien nodded and smiled back, taking the Pokéballs, and attaching them to his belt.

"Alright, thank you." With that, Damien took off from Pokémon Centre, and headed towards the outskirts of town where his next destination was at: Route 3.

~

Route 3​

"Ughhh...what kind of place is this?" Damien muttered to himself, in a rather irritated tone. He had literally just walked into Route 3 ten minutes ago, and was already greeted by a little bit of hiking. The dirt path he was following led up into a small forested area, with large boulders scattered about. As he continued to walk, he was greeted by a sign that read "Route 3", and then another sign below it that read "Mt. Moon that way" in the shape of an arrow, indicating that travellers needed to walk up Route 3 to get to Mt. Moon. Grunting once more out of frustration, Damien grabbed a rock and threw it at a tree, where it then rebounded and landed into a bush. "Why do they make us walk so much?!" He said loudly to himself, angry. Just as he started to stomp along on his merry way, he noticed the bush nearby rustling. He stopped in his tracks and stared at the bush, and after a few seconds a loud hiss was heard, as a purple Pokémon came slithering out, passing in front of Damien's path. What the...a Pokémon? He was intrigued at how it looked, and Damien thought of this as the perfect opportunity to strengthen his team for the next Gym Battle. "Go, Snapper, attack that Pokémon!" Damien quickly threw his Pokéball near the other one, releasing his Wartortle. Snapper stood on all fours, as he stared the purple-Pokemon down, which in turn raised the upper portion of its body almost as if it were trying to intimidate Snapper. "Go, do something!" Damien shouted, taking out his Pokédex, while Snapper lunged the Pokémon trying to bite it.

Ekans: Ekans curls itself up in a spiral while it rests. Assuming this position allows it to quickly respond to a threat from any direction with a glare from its upraised head.

Damien read the Pokédex entry, and then looked at the two Pokémon brawling. Everytime Snapper tried to lunge at Ekans, it was able to dodge it with a quick reflex, and this time lunged back at Snapper and biting him on the arm. Ekans hissed, slithering towards Wartortle and quickly wrapping him around its body, constricting him. "No, not this again!" Although Ekans obviously didn't have the muscular strength of Onix, the attack was still suffocating and probably dangerous if he didn't do something about it. Snapper, bite Ekans!" Damien shouted, as Snapper bit into the snake Pokémon's skin, causing it to his in pain and let Snapper go. "Okay, go, Water Gun!" He shouted once more, as Snapper shook off the earlier Wrap attack, hesitating a bit, but quickly followed it up with Water Gun, hitting Ekans with a pressurized jet, causing it to get knocked back. Ekans hissed at Snapper, and then tried to slither away. You're not getting away! "Snapper, Rapid Spin!" Snapper growled, and jumped into his shell, spinning towards Ekans, hitting it with a body tackle, letting out a hiss from the direct contact. Alright, now you're mine! Taking off his backpack, Damien quickly unzipped the front pocket and took out an empty Pokéball and threw it at Ekans, enveloping it into a red light. The Pokéball sat on a path of grass, shaking as Ekans attempted to free itself.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Veridian Forrest:How not to train your Pokémon

Having discovered that Pewter city had its own gyn, Delta headed into Veeidian forrest in order to train his pokemon and ensure an easy win...

Delta stood in the center of a small clearing somewhere in rhe middle of Viridian forrest. Riley and Char both stood at the ready, waitinng to show their trainer just how strong they were.

"Riley! Force palm on that boulder!"Delta commanded pointing towards the large boulder in the middle if the clearing he had taped the poster of Brock too. The emanation pokemon ran forward and leaped atop the rock bringing his palm to rest on the surface of the stone. Moments later the boulder exploded into dust and Riley glanced at its trainer with a smirk.

"Char! Scratch attack on... THAT tree!"Delta roared feeling his pokemons energy. Char ran past the tree with her claw stetched out. Wood chips flew as Char's claws cut through the wood, leaving a gash in the side. "Alright!"Delta exclaimed doing a victory dance.

Suddenly a Noctowl flew by and pecked at Delta with its beak. "H-hey! Cut it out!"Delta groaned as the bird drew blood after pecking his ear. "Riley!" Teach this buzzard a lesson! Delta cried as the bird flies toward Riley. "Riiio?!!!" Riley exclaimed in shock when he realized his trainer was having him fight a flying type. The wild Noctowl swiped at Riley with a wing attack, throwing the pokemon into a tree. "Rio!" Riolu screamed using its dragon pulse attack, creating a shockwave of energy that smashes into the bird causing it to fall to the ground mid-flight. Riley looks at the bird then spits in its direction before returning to Delta's side.

"Go ahead Charmander! Finish it wirh flamethrower!" Delta exclaimed forgetting that his pokemon hadn't perfected its flamethrower attack yet. However the lizard pokemon walked up to the twitching Noctowl and used a stop and go, thin flamethrower, lighting the Noctowls feathers ablaze. The owl leaped into the air and flaped its wings wildly in hopes of putting the flames out. "Noctowl stop!" Delta cried desperatly as embers began flting into trees lighting then on fire as well.. .

Soon the entire clearing was nothing but a ring of flames. Delta and his two pokemon stood in the center of the flames, watching as tendrils of the red hot fire reached hungrily towards them. "HELP! ANYBODY!"Delta screamed praying that another trainer would hear his voice and save them from the flames...

Last edited:
Back