• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
The Norwegian version doesn't have the characters I need either. I tried using Tile Layer Pro to look at the alphabet in both the Norwegian and English versions, but I couldn't find all of the alphabet in either or the "extra" characters in the Norwegian version (past m or so). Is there another graphics editor you'd recommend?

Thanks, I already knew the table stuff but still (I've been loading my table and then changing the text by editing the hex side, because the hex editor I was using didn't allow editing of the text side. I'm just getting tired of writing hex numbers).
I tried Hexeccute just now, but the non-working search function makes it difficult to use for me (I search a lot!). I'll look for more editors again, I guess...

TLP works perfectly fine with GameBoy games, in my opinion.
Look at the image in the spoiler: if you notice there is blank space between the alphabet and the symbols/numbers. I gave a look at Yellow Usa version, and Red Norwegian version (couldn't find yellow norwegian version). You can add 32 new letters/symbols in a "Usa version", and 23 in a Norwegian version game, it seems.
Spoiler:

About text-hex editors, I've heard that Windhex and Translhextion are good ones (although I could never get Translhextion working)

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
TLP works perfectly fine with GameBoy games, in my opinion.
Look at the image in the spoiler: if you notice there is blank space between the alphabet and the symbols/numbers. I gave a look at Yellow Usa version, and Red Norwegian version (couldn't find yellow norwegian version). You can add 32 new letters/symbols in a "Usa version", and 23 in a Norwegian version game, it seems.
Spoiler:

About text-hex editors, I've heard that Windhex and Translhextion are good ones (although I could never get Translhextion working)

Thanks, I was on the wrong format, haha.... Windhex works great too, it's just what I was looking for.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I have a quick, persisting question
I tried to use the "item editor"
but it says "this is not a pokemon advance rom"
and it is in fact a GBA file
any advice?

Last edited:

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
How can I change the Professor Oak, Player, and Rival sprites in the weird speech welcoming the player that he gives in FR?

uber_pineapple

Just Smile.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2011
I have a question, I did some searching and couldn't find anything about what I want.

I want to increase the shiny pokemon rate, for all pokemon. I dont want to create one shiny pokemon encounter or anything like that, I just want to change the shiny pokemon rate. Right now it's 1/8192, well I would like it to be more like 8/8192 or 1/1024 or maybe 1/512.

--------

also, whats the best tool to re-organize the pokedex? Moving the pokemon within the dex so I have have a custom region.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
So far I haven't been able to find info on this, so I came here.

Does anyone know what Special 0x39 does?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I need help.
I've hacked Pokemon HG as much as I want to, and now I want to import the NARCS to my HG Rom. I've edited every Trainer, some Pokemon Data, Wild Pokemon and Gyms.
Which NARC's do I need? and where can I find them?

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
I doubt there is, but is there a command that removes a Pokémon from your party? Like, the first one or something?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have a question, I did some searching and couldn't find anything about what I want.

I want to increase the shiny pokemon rate, for all pokemon. I dont want to create one shiny pokemon encounter or anything like that, I just want to change the shiny pokemon rate. Right now it's 1/8192, well I would like it to be more like 8/8192 or 1/1024 or maybe 1/512.

--------

also, whats the best tool to re-organize the pokedex? Moving the pokemon within the dex so I have have a custom region.
Try Team Snag'em's Pokédex Order Editor - it should be somewhere in 'Toolbox.'
Now I have a question:

I'm planning to try something rather ambitious. Would it be possible to insert full size 100x100 .GIF Pokémon sprites from B/W (the ones that move) into Emerald?
If so, where do I start?

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Try Team Snag'em's Pokédex Order Editor - it should be somewhere in 'Toolbox.'
Now I have a question:

I'm planning to try something rather ambitious. Would it be possible to insert full size 100x100 .GIF Pokémon sprites from B/W (the ones that move) into Emerald?
If so, where do I start?

If you mean the full 20-frame sprites, I doubt you will be able to do that. I could be wrong, though.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
could be done with some extensive ASM.
Almost anything can be done with ASM

I'm almost certain that it CAN be done with ASM, but will the GBA engine be able to support it?

And also, does anybody know how to resize sprites? I'm hoping to change the size from 64x64 to 80x80 or even 100x100.

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Unless you can make 2 sprites appear as 1 pokemon in the correct positioning, it has to be 64X64

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Tile Layer Pro and Yellow version errors:

Sprites stored at the "top" of the ROM have weird... moved lines compared to the result image, and compared to the sprites stored at the bottom of the ROM which look normal. I tried to directly paste a sprite from the bottom to a sprite on the top and attached is what happened. The sprites also have these misplaced lines in them when using the Pokemon Yellow Sprite editor, so it's not just TLP.

How can I get around this? I just want to replace some of the sprites in the "top".

Years
I'm editing wild pokemon encounters in Red version, and just wonder what the last two hex values before the ending ones (00 19) are about? It looks like it's one of the pokemon encounters (for route 1, the last ones are 05 24 00 19 - would be lv 5 Pidgey) but I ran around trying to encounter such a pokemon on the route without success...

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
If so, where do I start?

It's not really practical. The GBA can only load a 64x64 image (via the OAM) without needing a tilemap.

So possible, yes, but not very likely.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I have a strange thingy that I have no idea on how it should be fixed. I lead a warp to a new map I inserted into the ROM and it looks fine and nothing seems to have changed, but the scripts won't activate on it. Also, the movement permissions I changed stay in their original state (As in, I change a few unwalkable tiles to walkable, but in the game they stay unwalkable), even though they are changed in AdvanceMap.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I have a strange thingy that I have no idea on how it should be fixed. I lead a warp to a new map I inserted into the ROM and it looks fine and nothing seems to have changed, but the scripts won't activate on it. Also, the movement permissions I changed stay in their original state (As in, I change a few unwalkable tiles to walkable, but in the game they stay unwalkable), even though they are changed in AdvanceMap.

Anyone know how to fix it?

It sounds like you're not reloading the ROM. Reseting alone won't reload the ROM, you have to physically open it again.

Either that, or you're loading the wrong file?

Years
Hi, I'm new to this forum and the reason why I came here was to find a B&W ROM to play on my computer before I actually get the game on my birthday. I tried searching for my question but so far, I see none alike.

If I'm in the wrong place, may the mods move my question to the appropriate place, I just decided to ask around here since this is about ROMs.

Kay, so my question is, I'm using a NO$GBA emulator and I want to play B&W on it so where can I get one? More specifically, I want to play Black as I would be getting White and I just wanted to find out the differences. Thanks in advanced for answering. xD

EDIT: I know it's against the rules to link the downloads to someone else, so maybe you could just PM me? If that's not allowed, then try and tell me where and how to get it. Thanks once more!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back