The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:38 PM
PumpJack
Gentleman Thug

Advertise here
Half of my wondertrades are from Japan, and so I have no idea what the 'mons are called.

I don't really mind nicknames, since more often-than not, I wouldn't be using the 'mons or I'm trading with a friend for evolution.

I nickname all my 'mons pretty much by reflex. I tend to go with something punny or I reach through vast swathes of historical/mythological figures/legends.
Old February 9th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Trainer_Deadpool
Can I touch yer chimichanga?

Nature: Quirky
Yesterday I got a Dedenne called "Tomasa" by wonder trade, I loled so much
Old February 9th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Probably the funniest nickname I've gotten is off Wonder Trade. I got a Spinda nicknamed HitMehhAgain. Also got an Espurr nicknamed Hello. I've seen in some trades where after we're done trading they'll show a Pokemon nicknamed Thanks!. Clever if you ask me. :P
Old February 10th, 2014, 05:33 AM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV♥ View Post
Probably the funniest nickname I've gotten is off Wonder Trade. I got a Spinda nicknamed HitMehhAgain. Also got an Espurr nicknamed Hello. I've seen in some trades where after we're done trading they'll show a Pokemon nicknamed Thanks!. Clever if you ask me.
I like that. "Thanks!" That would honestly make my day if someone showed me that after trading. I changed my message on my profile to "Thanks for trade" after a really nice trade hoping that they saw that. Someone who traded about five Pokemon with me.

My favorite I recieved was in Wondertrade I got a Gyrados named "Ragin' Abe". I thought that was awsome, and he stayed in my in game party all the way to the Elite Four after that.
Old February 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I usually grow attached to pokemon who I give nicknames to... too attached to trade them away. So I don't usually trade them. Recently a friend gave me a pre-nicknamed lv100 trained pokemon with a nickname. I felt as though it had more sentimental value, and I guess that would go for the Charizard in the example. I roll my eyes at whenever I see a nickname on a pokemon without any value ("WGGTTRF" the lv2 Weedle, "Loser" the Magikarp), because it just makes it such that its hard for the future owner to like it.
Old February 18th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Pendraflare
I'm a...fireball.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I like nicknaming most of my Pokémon, so if I get one unexpectedly nicknamed I don't complain too much. But I can live without them.

If i'm receiving a Pokémon with ideal IVs (i.e. 31/31/31/x/31/31 on a physical sweeper), then i'll probably ask them to nickname it just because. I think it feels more special that way and I end up liking it more.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:43 PM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I've received both an IV'd Pichu named Pickles and a Skiddo named Mr.Fabulous both of which I kept out of pure respect for the randomness of their names.

In general I like to nickname my pokemon, otherwise it's kind of like naming your dog "dog".
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Krystia

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I've received both an IV'd Pichu named Pickles and a Skiddo named Mr.Fabulous both of which I kept out of pure respect for the randomness of their names.

In general I like to nickname my pokemon, otherwise it's kind of like naming your dog "dog".
Can't stop laughing because my Lucario is named Mr. Fabulous too xDD. My general teams are named based on Greek, Nordic or Celtic gods. Depends how closely they are to them such as my Thurnudurs I named him Zeus, and Jellicent Poseidon ~

FC: 1693-1696-3415
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I personally don't mind nicknames, so long as they're a bit tolerable. What I consider intolerable? Good example would be a Blaziken being named "aQuA," haha.
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:29 AM
thebest
Where beginnings are
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
If i end up getting a traded Pokemon that has a nicknamed, witch i have lol i kind of trade it away to get one with the original name or i just breed it if it has its HA, so yeah :-)

POKEMON Y 3695 1353 1392
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:54 PM
KatTayle
Cat Pokemon lover

Nature: Lax
I think they're pretty cool. As long as they aren't weird. I got a Magby off wondertrade called "***duck" (dont know if I can say it here? they replaced an I with 1 to pass the sensor), and the only reason I keep it is for my living dex.
IGN: Katya
FS: Zebstrika, Pachirisu, and Helioptile
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I get really stupid ones off of WT, like "Release" and "Your Butt" and "Your Mom" lol

I don't nickname the ones I send over WT since they're breedjects; no point.

I don't mind nicknames, though. I don't use Pokemon straight out of the batch. I always end up breeding it later anyway, so #shrugs
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:15 AM
OmriStyle

i never nickname any of my pokemons
i dont think i even like nicknames..
every pokemon got its name And it fits him perfectly.
Old July 27th, 2014, 04:02 PM
7UP_Kyoudai

My nicknamed Pokemon:
A Grotle nicknamed Alexiu from GTS
A Butterfree nicknamed Hi that my best friend caught for me
A female Geodude from Wonder Trade nicknamed Geogirl (Clever)

I, for one, don't like nicknaming Pokemon myself.
Old July 29th, 2014, 05:07 AM
Estalyn

I would love to nickname ones I've bred and put effort into and have on a few. My Houndoom is named Shady after a dog I used to have but passed away. My Tyrantrum is named Chomper after the dinosaur in Land Before Time when I was growing up.

Ones I get in trades I don't like because they just have no meaning to me and I once got a Shiny Gastly with the worst name imaginable. One I cannot repeat here.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 01:48 AM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I tend to get very, very silly with my nicknames, especially so if I'm sending the remnants of a breeding projects thru Wonder Trade. Ever got a Cleffa with Friend Guard nicknamed as "Annihilator"? Yeah that was probably my own doing.

I don't mind nicknames, and do have a certain fixation for them. It makes the Pokemon have that 'unique' additional quirk to them, I guess. Plus, it's always nice to see the cleverness of those who nickname their stuff. I, however, hate it when people nickname their Pokemon with actual names, but that's just me I guess. I'd rather have a hundred "Pekachu" than a single Pikachu with the name "Bruce".

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here