• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
I obviously can't say much about it yet.. With it being an unfinished in development game. What I see definitely catches my interest. I hope you are able to finish it in a moderately timely fashion. I'll give it a go for sure and spread the word.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
View attachment 70256

View attachment 70257

View attachment 70258
There is a black area with nothing there.
Can not continue.
If I move one more step into the rock the screen whites, and you must keep pressing b to escape the white screen.
Team Aqua battle sprite looks wirlerd.
There ow sprite is Team Rockets.
You already know the eeveelutions glitchs.

Sorry, I forgot to send you the updated version. I used palette 12 for that water that's why it was black. Here is the updated image of that scene
attachment.php

also that is the last map lol thats why it looks like that... sorry, but damn you completed it pretty fast, do you know how long it took you?

and yes the sprite for the grunts looks weird because im about to get an overworld sprite designed for Rex and Bruce which is being done by a team mate.

I forgot about the rock glitch I'll fix that now though, thanks.

You did a good job and thank you... make sure to save your state because I'll send you a patch here in a couple days for the next map(s) because I'm now working on the next scene.

Yes, I stopped for a bit so sorry if it seemed too quick but now I am doing it more rapidly so I'll make sure to keep dishing them out for ya!

Years
It took me...like a hour. Then again I think I had 2 or 4x speed xD. The fricken place where you got to pick the eeveelution was annoying. I had to turn off fast foward lol.

Le pug

Years
It took me...like a hour. Then again I think I had 2 or 4x speed xD. The fricken place where you got to pick the eeveelution was annoying. I had to turn off fast foward lol.

Lol that's actually not bad for being the first few maps and haha yes! That was one goal of the eeveelution map haha I was like hmm how to make it to where people can't speed through this map... oh yeah! warp them to the beginning haha im glad it worked. hope it was somewhat fun though as a puzzle?

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Super excited about this hack. I check almost everyday for a release of the alpha. Story and overall concept is absolutely incredible. Don't have a lot of experience in making hacks but it's projects like this that inspire me to learn. Keep up the good work! If there's anything I can do to help let me know I am eager to learn
And contribute.

Le pug

Years
Super excited about this hack. I check almost everyday for a release of the alpha. Story and overall concept is absolutely incredible. Don't have a lot of experience in making hacks but it's projects like this that inspire me to learn. Keep up the good work! If there's anything I can do to help let me know I am eager to learn
And contribute.

Glad to know you're excited about it, people like you inspire me to continue with my hack! So it seems we lean on each other :] And yeah to be honest I haven't been doing it for long but it really takes a lot of trial and error sometimes especially if you're like me and don't get most of the tutorials put out or if you want to use Ruby instead of FireRed so haha. And yeah I'm always looking for more beta testers so if you'd even want to be one just let me know and we can talk about it. As for an alpha, there's a few things I need to get fixed before I can release one and my goal is to at least get the story started ... in the sense that you know whats about to unfold and get the big picture out of the way.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Definately would love to be any kind of tester. I totally understand what you mean about the tutorials! It's a lot more difficult to pick up than most people think. Props to ANYONE who tries or actually does have success creating these hacks. Thanks for your service in our military btw. I'll be in touch brotha

Le pug

Years
Definately would love to be any kind of tester. I totally understand what you mean about the tutorials! It's a lot more difficult to pick up than most people think. Props to ANYONE who tries or actually does have success creating these hacks. Thanks for your service in our military btw. I'll be in touch brotha

Alright I'll add you to the team and send you updates and alpha releases for beta testing purposes. And if you want to start a hack and need help, let me know and I'll offer my hand. Only thing I'm not good at really is ASM. And np about the military service, proud to serve :)

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Great man! Happy to be apart of the team in anyway possible! Like I said this is perhaps the most well thought-out and creative hack I've ever seen and I am honored to be allowed to be apart of it, even as just a tester! I will most definatly try and tap into your knowledge and that of other members of the team to further my own stores for future use in hacks. Looking forward to working for you and possibly with you in the near future. I'd also be happy to do anything I can to promote the hack in anyway possible once we get underway and you feel comfortable with such things. If there's any other leg work you might think of please let me know via message.

Le pug

Years
Great man! Happy to be apart of the team in anyway possible! Like I said this is perhaps the most well thought-out and creative hack I've ever seen and I am honored to be allowed to be apart of it, even as just a tester! I will most definatly try and tap into your knowledge and that of other members of the team to further my own stores for future use in hacks. Looking forward to working for you and possibly with you in the near future. I'd also be happy to do anything I can to promote the hack in anyway possible once we get underway and you feel comfortable with such things. If there's any other leg work you might think of please let me know via message.

Great to have you, added you to the team.

Just worked on a little contribution thread since I've been leeching for a bit so I added a tile insertion tutorial to the tutorials forum currently waiting for approval but maybe you can make use of it for your work :]

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
If you are still in want of help, I wouldn't mind being a spriter/beta tester.
If you want to help PM me of Le Pug with proof of your spritework and all that other stuff.
Nevermind that, welcome to the team!

This goes to everyone by the way, please don't ask to help us on this thread, ask either me or Le Pug via PM or the Team Recruit page. I don't want this thread to be filled with spam, and other stuff regarding to help on this thread, and I don't think Le Pug wants this on this thread either.

Le pug

Years
If you are still in want of help, I wouldn't mind being a spriter/beta tester.

Alright sounds good, I'm always open for having new team members. I'll need you to fill out the application form and PM me or General Faroh first though. Check the spoiler for the template.

Spoiler:

----------

On a different note, just added some new screenshots and updated the updates: added a new battle sprite of two renegade company enemies named Bruce and Rex who will be one of the ongoing antagonist pokemon trainers

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
I really like the ideas of this hack, but i'm not so sure about the tiles
Different spriters use different styles, and when you use a lot of them together the tiles seems no to mix, and i'm pretty sure a little of palette changing might change that. But it's amazing, anyway.
Goodjob!

Le pug

Years
I really like the ideas of this hack, but i'm not so sure about the tiles
Different spriters use different styles, and when you use a lot of them together the tiles seems no to mix, and i'm pretty sure a little of palette changing might change that. But it's amazing, anyway.
Goodjob!

I pretty much just use public tilesets and only sometimes create my own, but I choose which tiles I think would be nice to switch up on the map because consistency of maps isn't real life and I'm implementing that into the game. You go into a forest you can see several different types of trees and colors. Variety is always better and consistency can be an eyesore. Anyways thank you for the compliments and I appreciate my thread being your first post at all and in two years haha.

Back