Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire “Too much water”? We don't think so. Join us as we relive and discuss new Mega Evolutions, the Hoenn region and more, from the 3DS remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. Because this forum is not very 7.8.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2014 (04:06 PM).
AdorbzFangirl
#FANGIRLPROBLEMS
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to AdorbzFangirl
I'm actually rather disappointed with this. Why can't we just have traditional single battles like in older games? D: I have a hard enough time with triple and rotation battles as it is, and now we are going to have THIS? ;o;

pair | blog | mibba | twitter | theme
Old August 23rd, 2014 (05:39 PM).
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Quote originally posted by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire:
In the original Ruby Seedot is exclusive, and in Sapphire and Emerald Lotad was exclusive to those two. Yet there was a small chance of a swarm with the opposite exclusive. So it could be that way, but with a small chance of them appearing in hordes
Ah that makes sense, I always wondered why I couldn't find a Seedot in Emerald haha Looks like I'll be getting a Seedot this time around if they keep the same exclusives! I never really paid attention to swarms; much prefer hordes so I'm hoping you're right and that they'll do something similar with the Seviper situation

Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:
In X & Y's case, Zangoose and Seviper were sort-of version exclusives given only one was found through normal encounters while the other was only found in hordes (Seviper was Y exclusive, Zangoose in X but the other one could be obtained in a horde, if you knew how to defeat the other Zangoose/Seviper first before it gets slaughtered). A similar thing also happened with Minun and Plusle, the former was only in Y and the latter in X, but you could get the other electric rodent of the duo in hordes.

I also recall in the original Ruby & Sapphire that one of the electric rodents was more common in one version than the other. Minun was found more often in Ruby and Plusle in Sapphire, yet both could be obtained in the same version. It's just that one is rarer than the other.

Ah thank you, one of the main reasons I knew about hordes actually was cause I had X and wanted Seviper (the Zangoose killing it all the time was soo frustrating though, was so happy when I finally figured out that Chatot using Synchronoise did the trick!) and Minun and wanted to know if there was a legitimate way to get them in the games What I didn't know though was the ratios and rarity of finding all of them so thank you that's really good to know, should hopefully make finding Minun in OR a lot easier for me!
Old August 23rd, 2014 (07:09 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:
In X & Y's case, Zangoose and Seviper were sort-of version exclusives given only one was found through normal encounters while the other was only found in hordes (Seviper was Y exclusive, Zangoose in X but the other one could be obtained in a horde, if you knew how to defeat the other Zangoose/Seviper first before it gets slaughtered). A similar thing also happened with Minun and Plusle, the former was only in Y and the latter in X, but you could get the other electric rodent of the duo in hordes.

I also recall in the original Ruby & Sapphire that one of the electric rodents was more common in one version than the other. Minun was found more often in Ruby and Plusle in Sapphire, yet both could be obtained in the same version. It's just that one is rarer than the other.
I think that Minun and Plusle were the same way in XY too. Somehow I only ran into Minuns in Y instead of Plusles which were rare to come across (well in my experience).
Old August 23rd, 2014 (07:58 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

I think that Minun and Plusle were the same way in XY too. Somehow I only ran into Minuns in Y instead of Plusles which were rare to come across (well in my experience).
Yeah, they made them pseudo-exclusives in that matter. It's when they have a duo of similar Pokemon that is more common in one version than the other. An unusual case is the Cottonee and Petilil lines in 5th Gen, where you could do an in-game trade to get the other Grass-type (trade Cottonee in Black/B2 to get Petilil or trade Petilil in White/W2 to get Cottonee) so that essentially meant you could obtain both in the same game.

I think I could likely see OR/AS have the same Plusle/Minun horde mechanic that X/Y had.
Old August 23rd, 2014 (08:54 PM).
Vinny Vidi Vici
Leave Luck To Heaven

I think it's a good addition to the game. It really adds to the struggle of taking on a criminal organisation if instead of playing by the rules so to speak, that they instead just mob you. We all know anyway they they'll throw us some TMs for spread moves before such encounters happen anyway, so it's not really going to be that hard, it will still be a cool change of pace from battling masses of gang members one on one.
Old August 23rd, 2014 (10:19 PM).
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Answering to the main topic. That makes it even more awesome than it was before, because you can get lots of more experience. It's a cool addition that will make the game and plot even more pleasureable :)
Old August 24th, 2014 (12:54 AM).
pryce10

Quote originally posted by Tenth Doctor:
I'm actually rather disappointed with this. Why can't we just have traditional single battles like in older games? D: I have a hard enough time with triple and rotation battles as it is, and now we are going to have THIS? ;o;
I'm guessing you never EV trained in X&Y... if you did you would be GLAD to have it back... plus it is not a bad way to have a HA Pokemon. ( harder than Friend Safari granted but still way easier than what we used to have in Gen 5)

Mamoswine FTW
Old August 24th, 2014 (11:55 AM).
~Justified~
~Working On A New Rom Hack~

Nature: Brave
The horde trainer encounter thing really looks awesome, it should definitely make the villainous teams seem more threatening with more Pokemon & more trainers.
John 15:13

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Anyone willing to help with the game.
Pokemon Team Building Guide
Old August 24th, 2014 (08:47 PM).
zigazav
Fanfiction writer inactive

Nature: Jolly
So long as their levels are lower than our Pokémon's I won't mind horde battles at a Battle Frontier facility.
Good point. And I hope at the Battle Frontier in ORAS is more like to it's Emerald version, rather than it's Platinum version. Reason I say so, is because I never got to play the Pokemon Emerald Battle Frontier...

Click my party please. =)
Old August 25th, 2014 (12:35 AM).
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote originally posted by zigazav:
Good point. And I hope at the Battle Frontier in ORAS is more like to it's Emerald version, rather than it's Platinum version. Reason I say so, is because I never got to play the Pokemon Emerald Battle Frontier...
I really don't see Horde Battles occurring at the Battle Frontier... what reason could they put in place that would make sense for them to happen there? The reason that we have horde battles with grunts from the evil teams is because they are trying to use their numbers to take us out, they're trying to play unfairly and I just can't really see this in a Battle Frontier unless it was its own facility in a future game.

Old August 25th, 2014 (08:00 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Altairis:
I really don't see Horde Battles occurring at the Battle Frontier... what reason could they put in place that would make sense for them to happen there? The reason that we have horde battles with grunts from the evil teams is because they are trying to use their numbers to take us out, they're trying to play unfairly and I just can't really see this in a Battle Frontier unless it was its own facility in a future game.
I can see a group ambushing us in the Pike, and at the Pyramid. I can't really see any other facility with them though.
Old August 25th, 2014 (01:58 PM).
zigazav
Fanfiction writer inactive

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Altairis:
I see. And also, IF there IS going to be one at the Battle Frontier, they COULD try something Platinum did at the Battle Arcade, and place a random effect on either side of the battle. For example, in the Battle Arcade facility at Platinum's Battle Frontier, there was a random effect tiles thing. You could see what is there to choose from, but the selection highlighter would run-over the tiles, and you had to press a button on the bottom screen to stop it. Whatever tile it landed on would give a various effect. Like for example, one tile Burns all of one Trainer's Pokemon in their party, unless the Pokemon had immunity against it. (Fire Types in this example). The Battle Arcade was my favorite Battle Frontier location in Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver (I have HeartGold) and I played it allot! Anyways, who knows what GameFREAK will do with the Battle Frontier after all these new mechanics and stuff has been introduced in games after Emerald? I'd laugh if the NPC Trainers in the Battle Frontier used Pokemon with illegal Hidden Abilities! (Hidden Abilities they DO have in their coding, but are unobtainable without hacking.)

Click my party please. =)
Old September 22nd, 2014 (12:01 PM).
Dramon Knight
Anti-Social Membrane

Nature: Quiet
With the horde trainer I'm hoping you fight some trainers that have a balanced mix of powerful Pokemon. 2nd-stage evolutions and such.

Hordes of Poochyena and Zigzagoon would be too easy, err a random example but Machamp, Spiritomb, Raichu, Vaporeon, and Sceptile would be pretty fun. :D

Forever Maintaining the Middle Melody of the Minor Major
in Eternal Temperance for Transcribing True Musicality
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links