• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have wasted over 100 max repels and I still haven't got a water stone, there has to be an easier way to get my hands on one. I already went to the lighthouse and asked that guy on the pier for a stone btw.

Is running around in the caves the only way?

I also forgot to mention that you can get them on the Dream World at Rugged Mountain after 7,500 points.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Is my team good atm?
Lillipup
Pignite
Pansage
Blitzle
Audino
Timburr
What things that I should to to improve this team? currently at 2nd gym.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is my team good atm?
Lillipup
Pignite
Pansage
Blitzle
Audino
Timburr
What things that I should to to improve this team? currently at 2nd gym.

Well it's too early to tell, but you can get better help later on (or even now) if you post your whole team in in-game team help, the sub forum of competitive battling centre. Just remember to include movesets, abilities and natures. :)

So far it looks okay for an early team though!

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hello
So I am post game now and have begun to enter areas containing older generation pokemon(mostly fourth or first but a few from third). Those that have evolutions have only been appearing to me in final form, examples Golduck and Radicate.
Do the first forms of these pokemon ever appear? Or must I breed for them? I ask because if they do appear I would rather not capture the final forms as I am working to fill my pokedex.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hello
So I am post game now and have begun to enter areas containing older generation pokemon. Those that have evolutions have only been appearing to be in final form, examples Golduck and Radicate.
Do the first forms of these pokemon ever appear? Or must I breed for them? I ask because if they do appear I would rather not capture the final forms as I am working to fill my pokedex.

The best way to check this is to look at each route on Bulbapedia since there aren't many post-game (11 12 13 14 15 Village Bridge Lower Relic Castle Challenger's Cave Giant Chasm Undella Bay Abundant Shrine). Buuut since I looked all those up for you anyway I just listed the ones I saw on there that were evolved where the pre-evolutions aren't in the game to catch, you'll have to breed for them. I may be missing a few or have a few wrong and you can get the pre-evos cause this was a quick list so I would still recommend you double-check me.

Golduck
Metapod/Kakuna
Rapidash
Cherrim
Golbat
Swellow
Drifblim
Altaria
Fearow
Marowak
Pupitar
Bibarel
Sandslash
Claydol
Graveler
Noctowl
Chimecho
Bronzong

Years
I'll ask here, since I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere else. I apologize ahead of time for the dumb question, seeing as I've been out of the loop for awhile-

Black and White are apparently DSi/3DS(?) enhanced. My question is, HOW are they enhanced? What features can I access on a DSi/3DS(?) that I can't on a regular DS (which I have)?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'll ask here, since I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere else. I apologize ahead of time for the dumb question, seeing as I've been out of the loop for awhile-

Black and White are apparently DSi/3DS(?) enhanced. My question is, HOW are they enhanced? What features can I access on a DSi/3DS(?) that I can't on a regular DS (which I have)?

There are no major features that are available on the DSi that aren't on the DS Lite and earlier, I believe what you probably read is that B/W are compatible with the DSi's internet capabilities. These are the first games to support WPA security on routers, but to utilize that feature you have to use a system that also supports it, so a DSi or 3DS.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I got a quick question here, Do i have to beat the elite4 to evolve my Electabuzz in pokemon black/white? I mean, cant i get one through trade and evolve my electabuzz even if i havent beaten the elite4?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Trading an Electabuzz with Electirizer in BW pre-Elite Four shouldn't neutralize the Trade Evolution much less any evolution(if I assume that's what you were getting at). Either way you are going to have get the Electirizer from another game, since one does appear until Route 13.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Trading an Electabuzz with Electirizer in BW pre-Elite Four shouldn't neutralize the Trade Evolution much less any evolution(if I assume that's what you were getting at). Either way you are going to have get the Electirizer from another game, since one does appear until Route 13.

I know i get one at route 13 and yes thanks, its shouldnt be a problem to evolve then i think ^^

Years
My DS Lite broke awhile back, and when I tried to connect to Wi-Fi on my SoulSilver with my original DS, it wouldn't let me because apparently all my Wi-Fi stuff was connected to my now unusable DS Lite, with apparently no way to switch everything over.

Does B/W do this too? I'm thinking of buying White, and I'd hate to have that happen again when I get a 3DS.

Years
For Pokemon Black and White, are event Items tradeable? wanna see if I can still get the Victini and other event Pokemon.

- MegamanC

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My DS Lite broke awhile back, and when I tried to connect to Wi-Fi on my SoulSilver with my original DS, it wouldn't let me because apparently all my Wi-Fi stuff was connected to my now unusable DS Lite, with apparently no way to switch everything over.

Does B/W do this too? I'm thinking of buying White, and I'd hate to have that happen again when I get a 3DS.

I've used Wi-Fi on my DSPhat and my 3DS. You just have to re-set it up.

For Pokemon Black and White, are event Items tradeable? wanna see if I can still get the Victini and other event Pokemon.

- MegamanC

I don't think so, but the Pokemon are.

Years
Guys, I was battling an Audino and it used Simple Beam on me and the animation for Simple Beam was the beam being colored black. Was this a glitch or something cos it surprised me?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Guys, I was battling an Audino and it used Simple Beam on me and the animation for Simple Beam was the beam being colored black. Was this a glitch or something cos it surprised me?

Simple_Beam.png

Simple Beam colours the background black normally. But the beam being black doesn't normally happen. It may have been the angle you were looking at the DS, or maybe your eyes were sore. Or just a glitch.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
Bulbapedia says that a Pokemon in Dream World reaches maximum happiness at 500+ points. Let's say I tuck Swadloon in and play (and win) 25 mini-games, earning me 500 points, then wake Swadloon up. Will Swadloon evolve into Leavanny upon next level-up, or are Dream World and in-game happiness unrelated?

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
Years
Bulbapedia says that a Pokemon in Dream World reaches maximum happiness at 500+ points. Let's say I tuck Swadloon in and play (and win) 25 mini-games, earning me 500 points, then wake Swadloon up. Will Swadloon evolve into Leavanny upon next level-up, or are Dream World and in-game happiness unrelated?
I'd assume they are the same. I don't think the Dream World has anything related to Pokemon Happiness.

Detso

~•Artisticness!•~
Years
Can someone help me build a Pokemon White team? It's for in game purposes. You can VM/PM me if you are interested in helping me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back